The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
pateny

Jim Parsons Will Be On Jay Leno

I wonder why he's doing it--just to promote the show? Maybe Leno needed a guest for that night?

Not that I'm complaining, mind you! :p

I wonder why he's doing it--just to promote the show? Maybe Leno needed a guest for that night?

It's probably just to promote the show phantgrae.

Yeah, I figured that, but usually it's something significant, like when the new season is starting or something like that.

I don't know that the upcoming episode is particularly special, although I guess it helps to reming people that a new ep will air.

But oftentimes a talk show will have a guest be unable to attend and they'll draw on some favorite or popular star to fill in.

It seems like he hasn't really done Leno all that often, so it's not like Craig Ferguson where he seems to show up at least once a year, if not more often. :)

Anyway, I'm really glad he's going to be on, I was just wondering if he had anything specific to talk about or if it was just routine.

He was on Leno last November, and also earlier in 2011. So maybe he'll start frequenting it yearly, now, like Craig and Letterman?

I'm definitely not complaining. Chicken soup for my Jim-starved soul. :)

Edited by Pomita

I refuse to watch Jay Leno after the Late-night tussle of '10 and I have not watched a single episode. Team Coco, ftw.

THAT BEING SAID, I will watch Jim's interview on YouTube the day after. Haha, I'm not adding to ratings for Leno.

• Like 1

speaking of Conan--has JP ever been on that show?

He was on last year and also did a funny spot on Conan's Show Zero. Conan did it after he left NBC and before his TBS debut.

Conan advertised it as the "fastest show on the Internet." Jim is at 2:22

I refuse to watch Jay Leno after the Late-night tussle of '10 and I have not watched a single episode. Team Coco, ftw.

THAT BEING SAID, I will watch Jim's interview on YouTube the day after. Haha, I'm not adding to ratings for Leno.

Good luck! Its never on YT. You may have to watch when it goes online on the website.

Good luck! Its never on YT. You may have to watch when it goes online on the website.

I'm okay with that if I can do it in secret. You all understand. Right, guys?

Right? :ph34r:

speaking of Conan--has JP ever been on that show?

And yes he was once on a thanksgiving episode I remember because he came out saying "gobble gobble" and Conan told him that people don't say that anymore, and he looked surprised, you have to see it I think he talks about a bird of his that died when he was at college and his carousing days.

Thanks, guys! I did find the old Conan interview online, along with his previous Leno appearance. There's a website called todou.com, I believe, that's Asian (I can't tell if it's Korean or something else?!?!). Anyway, the Leno and Conan appearances are there. :)

Thanks, guys! I did find the old Conan interview online, along with his previous Leno appearance. There's a website called todou.com, I believe, that's Asian (I can't tell if it's Korean or something else?!?!). Anyway, the Leno and Conan appearances are there. :)

Can you link the Leno video from there? I cant get it to work.

He was on last year and also did a funny spot on Conan's Show Zero. Conan did it after he left NBC and before his TBS debut.

Conan advertised it as the "fastest show on the Internet." Jim is at 2:22

Hey what type of program is this??? Jim was only 2 seconds there!!!! This is really crazy :icon_eek:

Hey what type of program is this??? Jim was only 2 seconds there!!!! This is really crazy :icon_eek:

He did say it's the shortest talk show ever... And it's not an uncommon thing in late night shows to have something this crazy. Or maybe it's because I grew up watching these kind of shows made me unsurprised?

He did say it's the shortest talk show ever... And it's not an uncommon thing in late night shows to have something this crazy. Or maybe it's because I grew up watching these kind of shows made me unsurprised?

Well, if they wanted to arise my anxiety then they reached their goal!! I wanted to run after him and to yell: hey, come back!!!!!!!

Well, if they wanted to arise my anxiety then they reached their goal!! I wanted to run after him and to yell: hey, come back!!!!!!!

It was something of a gag for

Conan to fill the time between when his previous show on NBC ended and his show on TBS began.

Conan is a late-night host and his show is an hour.

In 2010, NBC, Conan, and Leno had conflicts over the air times of their two shows. They were moving both shows back a time slot because of low ratings for both shows. The Jay Leno Show was being moved from 10pm to 11:30pm and Conan was being moved to 11:35-12:05.

If you're interested, which no one probably is (lol), here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2010_Tonight_Show_conflict

Just saw the interview on Jay Leno and here are some highlights from it

• Basicly talking football and Fantasy Football during the first part of the interview
  • Talking about his family and that he could be going back home to Texas for Christmas and his mom has a Sheldon Cooper cardboard standee
  • Talk about the show and it being it's 6th season
  • The Flashmob from the taping of "The 43 Peculiarity" with showing a clip of it

Basicly, it was a just an average interview (IMHO) that Jay did with Jim

Jim was all kinds of adorbs on Leno, my highlights being that

a) His mom has a cardboard cut out of him

B) He loves the Dan Patrick Show (woot woot - lets make him a Danette!)

c) He totally freaked when the lady kissed him in NYC (No offense, but I don't know what you got.... lmao.gif)

My roomie said he looked like a salesman in the men's department at Sears.

Cute interview.

Edited by Kiru Breezy