Leonard And Penny Shippers Thread (Possible Spoilers)

C-Trayne

Which ep please? Damn, I hate the lag. I too want to see more intimacy in the L/P besottement (I swear it's a word). Is this lack so far down to the writers, the director or how the leads want to play it? In my head they should be nuts for each other at a deep level, but scared to go large because of the past. Or are the writers giving that intimacy space to the Shamy ie the bathing? Surely L/P can still be seen to go crazy for each other after six years if they can reboot as they have. I want to believe.
Well it appears the writers may have moved Leonard past the "Besottment" stage in The Santa Simulation when he tells Penny he would rather play D & D with the boys then have sex with her. Wouldn't that remark indicate that with her ILY he has now moved on to the next stage because of his new confidence in Penny's feelings for him?

Which ep please? Damn, I hate the lag. I too want to see more intimacy in the L/P besottement (I swear it's a word). Is this lack so far down to the writers, the director or how the leads want to play it? In my head they should be nuts for each other at a deep level, but scared to go large because of the past. Or are the writers giving that intimacy space to the Shamy ie the bathing? Surely L/P can still be seen to go crazy for each other after six years if they can reboot as they have.

I want to believe.

We are talking mostly about a future episode and the one that was on last night, 6.11.

Well it appears the writers may have moved Leonard past the "Besottment" stage in The Santa Simulation when he tells Penny he would rather play D & D with the boys then have sex with her. Wouldn't that remark indicate that with her ILY he has now moved on to the next stage because of his new confidence in Penny's feelings for him?

Well i was speaking of a psychology theory that states that relationships live in three stages

Stage 1 the lust stage-- usually newer couples when they can't keep their hands off eachother  i.e. season 3

Stage 2 the alteration stage-- when the couple starts trying to change thigns about the other to make them more appealing  i.e. beta test

Stage 3 the acceptance stage-- total and unconditional acceptance of who the person is

Now its possible for the two players in any relationship to be at different stages emotionally and this is what SRAM and I were discussing several pages back.  The episode i was talking about a few posts ago is the new one S6 Episode 13, I don't want to go into much detail here but the taping report is in the spoilers topic and i think it shows some real emotional growth in Penny and in all the girls actually.

• Like 1

Well i was speaking of a psychology theory that states that relationships live in three stages

Stage 1 the lust stage-- usually newer couples when they can't keep their hands off eachother i.e. season 3

Stage 2 the alteration stage-- when the couple starts trying to change thigns about the other to make them more appealing i.e. beta test

Stage 3 the acceptance stage-- total and unconditional acceptance of who the person is

Now its possible for the two players in any relationship to be at different stages emotionally and this is what SRAM and I were discussing several pages back. The episode i was talking about a few posts ago is the new one S6 Episode 13, I don't want to go into much detail here but the taping report is in the spoilers topic and i think it shows some real emotional growth in Penny and in all the girls actually.

Well using your definitions for the various stages then Leonard IMO is at stage 3. He ended the "Beta Test" when he proposed to Penny! Edited by SodidIwin?

agreed thats what we thought as well.  We weren't too sure about Penny though because while she has moved on to saying ILY we still see her put down the stuff he likes

at least till episode 13 comes out

examples are in S6 E5 when he mentions magneto and she says "less cool Leonard" or in the most recent episode when she kinda hates on him for playing D and D.  I mean shes never super serious about any of it which is why I'm not to bothered by it in the shows.  It just seems she still isn't fully accepting of him just yet even though deep down she probably knows he's the best guy shes been with.

I really liked these two in the latest episode...cute opening scene

Leonard seemed to be proud for building the fireplace with his own hands...for which Penny with a very sweet silly smile (kind of like thinking he's soo cute) responds with a compliment..

Penny purposefully showing Leonard what he was going to miss that night as he choose to play games over her

Edited by vasu
  • Like 1

I have only watched the last episode once and I watched it with someone who likes to talk during shows so I am not sure if I heard one part right. What I thought I heard was when the girls were first at the club, Amy said something about getting guys or something similar and both Penny and Bernadette said quickly and loudly "NO". If I heard that right it is nice to see the writers putting Ppenny's i love youenny thinking she is commited to Leonard as much as Bernadette is commited to Howard. And I think it would show the writers are now planning to keep their relationship on track to an eventual proposal.m

Usually that is the problem, but this time it is the phones fault because I was using a stylus to type.

What point I was trying to make was that if the writers are having Penny responding like that when the subject of other men are brought up, then they must be fully invested in moving the L/P relationship along, which to me means no future breakup.

Usually that is the problem, but this time it is the phones fault because I was using a stylus to type.

What point I was trying to make was that if the writers are having Penny responding like that when the subject of other men are brought up, then they must be fully invested in moving the L/P relationship along, which to me means no future breakup.

Actually, I did get that out of your post.  As for the rest, I tend to be a smart as here and there.  My wife says all the time, but you can't trust her on this, you have to trust me.  :icon_twisted:

I really liked these two in the latest episode...cute opening scene

Leonard seemed to be proud for building the fireplace with his own hands...for which Penny with a very sweet silly smile (kind of like thinking he's soo cute) responds with a compliment..

Penny purposefully showing Leonard what he was going to miss that night as he choose to play games over her

It was a nice scene between the two for once wasn't it.  hopefully they won't be so shy with them in the future.  The next couple episodes should have a little bit of the L/P story i think and we'll get to see both sides continuing to grow

• Like 1

Hope to catch up with this soon. All reports are good and am now wondering if I can relax about any coming upsets. Not that I don't care about the other couples, but I'd like to see, after 5.5 years, someone else carry the dramatic can. I want the stallion get his run on, so to speak, for more than half a season. But on past form i guess I'll have to hold out till the bell rings.

OK, I watched the last episode again and confirmed what I saw. When the girls first got to the bar, Amy made a remark about meeting guys and the response from Bernadette and Penny was immediate and clear, "NO". The writers had them say it together, immediately, without any beforehand thought and it even surprised Amy how they responded. After Leonard's remark about having sex with Penny is eating into his gaming time and the fashion show, I think that the bar scene was set up to show us that Penny is really in a good place with their relationship. If you watch it again, notice how Penny is acting like Bernadette, like she was already married, and I really think the writers intended it to look like that. So I think we have seen the writers giving us bits a pieces to show us that Leonard and Penny are in a real good place now after the ILY and their relationship has progressed since the ILY. I would even go as far as saying this episode could be a mini milestone in the L/P relationship and it is definitely the first episode since the ILY where we are seeing the impacts it has had on their relationship. Good episode for us L/P fans.

• Like 2

sram-i did the same and watch it again.

true--it was at the same time they said it

amy look like could not belive it they penny

would say it so quick. the next episode will

have more impact for each other love,

thanks to penny, leonard sweeps her of

off her feet to the bedroom. :icon_redface:

The whole bar scene gave me a good feeling on the whole L/P relationship. The fashion show was great because the girls were teasing and flirting with their men, which is awesome. The girls had on big smiles and they got some of the reaction they wanted from the guys so they left happy. Also, the girls made the episode light and funny, which countered the dark parts with Sheldon and Santa. The writers control the character and how they had Penny play out the bar scene tells me they are still making her better with the relationship with Leonard, and I think them making her say "NO" with Bernadette was a really good sign.

• Like 1

Had to think about the "veal" reference for a second. Penny's reaction to his paper cut was cute though, just the sort of relationship fluff you would expect from them. I was a little shocked when he agreed that their sex life was eating into their gaming time, but except for giving him a funny face she seemed to take it as a joke and them play one on him with the fashion show.

• Like 1

The whole bar scene gave me a good feeling on the whole L/P relationship. The fashion show was great because the girls were teasing and flirting with their men, which is awesome. The girls had on big smiles and they got some of the reaction they wanted from the guys so they left happy. Also, the girls made the episode light and funny, which countered the dark parts with Sheldon and Santa. The writers control the character and how they had Penny play out the bar scene tells me they are still making her better with the relationship with Leonard, and I think them making her say "NO" with Bernadette was a really good sign.

May I ask what you mean with who said "No" to Bernadette? I don't get what you mean. :)

She doesn't feel like she has to dress up for Leonard now that she "has" him?  He lives next door to her.  Is she supposed to dress up all of the time to please him?  Even when she isn't dressed up she still looks pretty good to me.  Also, she looked pretty dressed up to me in the last episode.

Penny/Kaley has a cuteness that makes her look good even when she is a slob. She can dress up and look hot or be casual and look cute and adorable. Leonard looks pretty good in that black tux he wore to the wedding he went to with Amy, also. They would look pretty good together if he was in a tux, maybe even wearing his contacts, and Penny was wearing an evening dress, without those extreme high heels.

• Like 1

i think (at least i hope) that they are at that stage in their relationship where as you guys said, it doesnt matter what they look like.  They are happy together and doing better than we've seen them in the past... why should they still be trying to impress each other.  Hell I'm single and still walk around in sweats like a slob cause they're comfy as hell i dont care haha.  

Hi everybody.

I'm a L/P lover. vy new to the show. Finished watching them in 1 or 2 weeks. Along the way, my heart broke when LP broke up. Now with Penny's ILY to Lenny, I think Im  assured that they won't break up in foreseeable future. Coz it kinda get old if the writers just breaking them up. (sorry if this point is already in this thread. But I m in office, so no much time for reading all 15 pages here. but will read them all asap of coz)

Penny is the cutest!