Leonard And Penny Shippers Thread (Possible Spoilers)

C-Trayne

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It would be a shame not to have Penny living with Leonard and Sheldon at some point. I could see it happening if Leonard wants to move in with Penny, but Sheldon realizes that he dislikes the option of Leonard leaving him more than just having Penny move in. A best worst option for him kind of deal. :)

It's a big decision to mess with the current dynamic, I could see the writers using every possible method to delay it. Maybe they will just have Leonard more or less living in both apartments to avoid committing to a change. How they handle it will be interesting to watch.

They seemed to be dividing their time between Leonard's and Penny's bed when they were together the first time, but spending every night together. During the beta test they took it slow and didn't do that, but I thought that was now over. I'm not sure what they are doing now.

Having Penny's and L/S's apartment accross the hallway from each other makes it probable that they will not move Penny into L/S's apartment or Leonard with Penny. The writers wont leave Sheldon alone in his apartment. Raj would have been the perfect option to move in with Sheldon however with Stuart became a more regular character I don't think this will happen now.

The dynamic of having the pretty girl across the hall is one of the original themes of the show, but the problem is it gives Penny somewhere to run and hide when she doesn't want to deal with something. How many times have we seen her run to her apartment or throw Leonard out when she doesn't want to deal with something. That is why them moving in together could be used to make her talk to Leonard. It has only to be temporary to work. Maybe one of their friends could be evicted, like Raj, for a month or two and she agrees to have Leonard live with her so that Raj can live with Sheldon until he finds a new place.

Having Penny's and L/S's apartment accross the hallway from each other makes it probable that they will not move Penny into L/S's apartment or Leonard with Penny. The writers wont leave Sheldon alone in his apartment. Raj would have been the perfect option to move in with Sheldon however with Stuart became a more regular character I don't think this will happen now.

I have to agree with this even though co-habitation would not only be the next logical step the progression of their relationship. As much as the writers seem to be moving forward with L/P relationship, I think they don't want to change things too drastically despite all the comedic potential that would come with the two of them of having Sheldon be part of the package that comes with them living together.

I have a feeling the Penny living across the hall is going to be something that is going to be a staple of the show until the very end.

I have to agree with this even though co-habitation would not only be the next logical step the progression of their relationship. As much as the writers seem to be moving forward with L/P relationship, I think they don't want to change things too drastically despite all the comedic potential that would come with the two of them of having Sheldon be part of the package that comes with them living together.

I have a feeling the Penny living across the hall is going to be something that is going to be a staple of the show until the very end.

Not necessarily, I agree that whatever happens, the apartment itself will be a staple but I don't see anything that proves they won't change up who lives where.  If the L/P is as stable and here for good as a lot of people say and they are in for at least another full season I don't see why having them live together, even for a short period of time would be hard to imagine.  There is a lot of not only comedic potential but relationship potential for the couple.

I wonder how constrained the writers are by genre precedent (S4 cliffhanger to wit) and show premise.

Sheldon has made new emotional accommodations, Howard has new physical accommodation. The show is performing well as a result of these evolutions; some would say despite them.

TPTB have to find ways to keep the general audience emotionally hooked. L/P URST used to be bait for that hook,  up to s3. Then they switched the bait to L/P relationship peril and added Amy for fun. They seem to be doing away with L/P peril now. It would break faith with the audience if they recant on the L/P in the future and that could poison any new bait they might dangle with S/A.

Maybe they could manage a physical change that incorporates co-habitation and work out some way to re-bait the hook.

Wishful - but not magical - thinking.

Said it before but I'd like to see Sheldon and Penny switch living spaces. You'd still get the Sheldon interference dynamic while opening new possibilities for Shamy. Also I'd like to see the fight over the couch, since Leonard paid for it, It belongs to him.  
Why would Sheldon give up what he considers his perfect home? Remember it is Sheldon's apartment. Leonard is his roommate paying his monthly portion of the expenses. Sheldon's name is on the apartment's lease.

Penny has to live with Sheldon and Leonard, so she can drive him crazy and we can all laugh. Can you just picture Sheldon coming home from work, with Leonard, and opening the door to see Penny in his spot, in her sweats, eating something while watching TV, with a spoon in her mouth, looking at him, and him turning to Leonard saying she can't be in his spot.

Why would the writers not have Leonard choose to live with Penny in her apartment? How would they justify Leonard choosing to live with his wacko friend over the love of his life?

Having Leonard move in with Penny means giving Penny greater career options and lots of "Knock, Knock, Knock, Leonard and Penny!" moments. Sheldon would still be only a few feet away.

Well I think that would be the first and most logical option but I feel like that would leave a few unfilled wholes such as who would live with Sheldon. Sure they could take the easy road and pull raj back in since A) its been done and B) he would likely be open too it

The problem is, would there be the same comedic potential with raj/Sheldon living together as there was with Leonard/Sheldon.

As sraam said I think the most logical solution would be to have penny lose (permanently or temporarily) her job and be forced to live with the guys for a while. It would likely be a short time thing but on the whole I think it would be a good stepping stone for the relationship and for Sheldon since he is likely gonna have to get used to the idea that penny is there to stay (with Leonard I mean)

Edited by C-Trayne

Well I think that would be the first and most logical option but I feel like that would leave a few unfilled wholes such as who would live with Sheldon. Sure they could take the easy road and pull raj back in since A) its been done and B) he would likely be open too it

The problem is, would there be the same comedic potential with raj/Sheldon living together as there was with Leonard/Sheldon.

As sraam said I think the most logical solution would be to have penny lose (permanently or temporarily) her job and be forced to live with the guys for a while. It would likely be a short time thing but on the whole I think it would be a good stepping stone for the relationship and for Sheldon since he is likely gonna have to get used to the idea that penny is there to stay (with Leonard I mean)

Here's what I mean by the sentence: "Having Leonard move in with Penny means giving Penny greater career options and lots of "Knock, Knock, Knock, Leonard and Penny!" moments. Sheldon would still be only a few feet away".

If Leonard moves in with Penny she can quit her job if she likes and either go for acting jobs or more likely become a full time student. Leonard pays her way. Sheldon used only 46% of his salary for his expense four years ago (He had stacks of un-cashed paychecks) and Leonard most likely is in a better financial situation then Sheldon since experimental Physicists make more than theoretical. Yeah, I know TBBT pay scale is completely detached from reality.

There is no need for Sheldon to have a roommate since Leonard is only a few steps away to cater to him as always. Leonard and Penny would be in his apartment as often as before and Leonard could keep his clothes there if there is no space in Penny's closets, as would most likely be the case.

The writers would have to really work to come up with a cohabitation for all three in one apartment or justify having Leonard stay with Sheldon IF the option to stay with Penny is presented. Beside they have kept the Penny/Sheldon interaction to an amazing minimum this season.

Edited by BangerMain

Penny could loose her job and Raj could loose his apartment. Raj could rent her place for a few months, while she finishes her last semester in college and he finds a new place to stay. It could be so funny. The girls could chase the guys over to Penny's apartment when they have girls night. The girls could get drunk and Howard has to take Bernie home but Penny falls asleep in Leonard's bed and Amy falls asleep in Sheldon's bed. Let the wack-a- doodle figure that one out. Also, Penny would be around driving Sheldon nuts. There would be tons of funny things they could put in the episodes.

Penny could loose her job and Raj could loose his apartment. Raj could rent her place for a few months, while she finishes her last semester in college and he finds a new place to stay. It could be so funny. The girls could chase the guys over to Penny's apartment when they have girls night. The girls could get drunk and Howard has to take Bernie home but Penny falls asleep in Leonard's bed and Amy falls asleep in Sheldon's bed. Let the wack-a- doodle figure that one out. Also, Penny would be around driving Sheldon nuts. There would be tons of funny things they could put in the episodes.

Why would Raj rent Penny's apartment when she is already there? Raj is rich, the wealthiest character on the show. And what happens to Raj's roommate, Stuart?

Edited by BangerMain

Here's what I mean by the sentence: "Having Leonard move in with Penny means giving Penny greater career options and lots of "Knock, Knock, Knock, Leonard and Penny!" moments. Sheldon would still be only a few feet away".

If Leonard moves in with Penny she can quit her job if she likes and either go for acting jobs or more likely become a full time student. Leonard pays her way. Sheldon used only 46% of his salary for his expense four years ago (He had stacks of un-cashed paychecks) and Leonard most likely is in a better financial situation then Sheldon since experimental Physicists make more than theoretical. Yeah, I know TBBT pay scale is completely detached from reality.

There is no need for Sheldon to have a roommate since Leonard is only a few steps away to cater to him as always. Leonard and Penny would be in his apartment as often as before and Leonard could keep his clothes there if there is no space in Penny's closets, as would most likely be the case.

The writers would have to really work to come up with a cohabitation for all three in one apartment or justify having Leonard stay with Sheldon IF the option to stay with Penny is presented. Beside they have kept the Penny/Sheldon interaction to an amazing minimum this season.

You make several good points here.  I think your right about Sheldon being able to afford to live alone but the question is would he want too?  He has spent so long with a roommate, would he be able to cope with the change of suddenly living alone?  Sure Leonard would be right across the hall but how often would he be over knocking on their door then?  idk

You make several good points here.  I think your right about Sheldon being able to afford to live alone but the question is would he want too?  He has spent so long with a roommate, would he be able to cope with the change of suddenly living alone?  Sure Leonard would be right across the hall but how often would he be over knocking on their door then?  idk

Most likely Sheldon would look at it as there is no one sleeping in Leonard bedroom at night. He still has his ride to work and to the comic book store.

He still could eat his meals with Leonard and Penny but this season L/P are shown eating meals together with out Sheldon so nothing much would change if Leonard moves across the hall. The communal meals are way down this season for all the characters. Howard eats with Bernadette, Leonard eats with Penny and Amy eats  with Sheldon. When there are group meals its often Boys and Girls collectives.

Season three was all about Sheldon being the third wheel usually irritating L/P but because of the Shamy, Sheldon's interaction, one on one, with Penny is way down. Only two scenes that I can remember in the first 11 episodes and both times Penny was far from friendly. Even "Knock, Knock, Knock, Penny!"  seems to have gone the way of the dinosaur. The only one this season was after Sheldon broke into Penny's apartment in 6.02 to asks her not to hurt Leonard.

TPTB must not think Sheldon and Penny sequences are "comic gold" anymore or are making sure there is no hope for the Shennys :icon_wink:. But if that is the case the chances of the three of them living together is pretty remote.

Edited by BangerMain

U know I've been thinking that Leonard moving in with penny is a little improbable but you have convinced me otherwise haha I'm hoping to see some change in the living arrangements... maybe the season finale will introduce something like that

It's still all speculation on my part.

But there is this stray tidbit coming out that TBBT is hiring college students for the spring. We can only speculate why :icon_question:

I would rather see Leonard and Penny bounce between the two apartments than have Leonard move in with her. I'm not ready for them to play house yet, for keeps. I really want something temporary to see how it works out and also so Leonard can talk to her because she has no where to run. If he moves in with her, she can still kick him out, it he doesn't act her way. If she loses her apartment for a little while and has to live with him, she is sort of stuck. She could run to Amy or Bernadette, but they like Leonard and know she is the one causing the conflict, so they will send her back. I also would like the writers to come up with a explanation, the fans will like, why Penny is as damaged, as they made her in season Four, so that Leonard can help her and she can go back to the Penny of seasons 1-3 only older and more mature. And while we're at it why can't we have a nice Valentines episode this year. It can still be funny but all the couples need to enjoy themselves and why not give Raj and Stuart a date that episode, maybe with twins (that could be funny and cute). OK, that is my romantic crap for the day. Happy Holidays!