Leonard And Penny Shippers Thread (Possible Spoilers)

C-Trayne

Yea, i try to be as optimistic as possible when dealing with something i want to see flourish as badly as this haha... it can have some negative results sometimes though.

I feel like by the end of thee season we will have a good indication of where things are and where things are looking towards the future.  Theres always some big twist at the end of the seasons really maybe this one will pertain to their relationship

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yea, i try to be as optimistic as possible when dealing with something i want to see flourish as badly as this haha... it can have some negative results sometimes though.

I feel like by the end of thee season we will have a good indication of where things are and where things are looking towards the future. Theres always some big twist at the end of the seasons really maybe this one will pertain to their relationship

Lorre likes to make his audience work hard occasionally. There is a bit of fear of what might be lurking in the shadows. I hope they have an uplifting ending like s5. I don't follow the US ratings specifically but I hear they are good and I'm guessing they won't go poking big sticks in the spokes if they got a good result following on from that. Howard's situation at launch was a little life and death drama (Challenger, Columbia) that accentuated the sweetness and avoided the saccharine.

No idea what tptb options are to maintain the little bit of tartness in the flavour of the show. Hope it's good for L/P and not sour for someone else. Will watch and be amazed, I guess.

Also I read an interesting story where L heroically lost a kidney. Hope that doesn't inspire Lorre. :)

And I need a thesaurus and another word for hope.

Edited by Nogravitasatall

The writers in the past liked to make Penny a tart, but season 6 has her life revolving around Leonard so like C-Trayne says things seem to have changed now, so I am hoping the season end twists for L/P relationship are over for now. Howard's launch was a very touching scene that everyone seems to have liked, so it would seem that a Valentines couple episode would go over really good too. Besides they screwed up the last Valentine episode with L/P so they owe us one. But it is true, in the end Lorre is a real wild card. Maybe he can give Raj a slutty girlfriend to practice his trashy story lines on.

Lorre likes to make his audience work hard occasionally. There is a bit of fear of what might be lurking in the shadows. I hope they have an uplifting ending like s5. I don't follow the US ratings specifically but I hear they are good and I'm guessing they won't go poking big sticks in the spokes if they got a good result following on from that. Howard's situation at launch was a little life and death drama (Challenger, Columbia) that accentuated the sweetness and avoided the saccharine.

No idea what tptb options are to maintain the little bit of tartness in the flavour of the show. Hope it's good for L/P and not sour for someone else. Will watch and be amazed, I guess.

Also I read an interesting story where L heroically lost a kidney. Hope that doesn't inspire Lorre. :)

And I need a thesaurus and another word for hope.

That last line was LOL!

Here's hoping that Lorre is finished screwing with L/P and I think that may be the case with the soaring ratings this season, more than a million up from the best of season 5. The first half of season 6 has been very Lenny heavy with positive developments for them, mainly from a maturing Penny. The fans are sending their approval by the jump in the ratings. The first half ends with 6.12 which will be a big spike for their story arc. I assume the second half will be more concentrated on Shamy.

That has me worried, though, for the Shamy.

Edited by BangerMain

That last line was LOL!   Here's hoping that Lorre is finished screwing with L/P and I think that may be the case with the soaring ratings this season, more than a million up from the best of season 5. The first half of season 6 has been very Lenny heavy with positive developments for them, mainly from a maturing Penny. The fans are sending their approval by the jump in the ratings. The first half ends with 6.12 which will be a big spike for their story arc. I assume the second half will be more concentrated on Shamy.   That has me worried, though, for the Shamy.
Yes. At best, picture Sheldon in a full body condom. They will suffer.

Here's hoping that Lorre is finished screwing with L/P and I think that may be the case with the soaring ratings this season, more than a million up from the best of season 5. The first half of season 6 has been very Lenny heavy with positive developments for them, mainly from a maturing Penny. The fans are sending their approval by the jump in the ratings. The first half ends with 6.12 which will be a big spike for their story arc. I assume the second half will be more concentrated on Shamy.

That has me worried, though, for the Shamy.

If this is any true , I will not be pleased...I mean we finally reached a point where L\P are in a very good place in their relationship and it gets dumped out of the story-lines....I want to see them happily working together through their relationship

And I don't think first half of the season was Lenny heavy , I think the time was more or less equally distributed among all the couples

Ep - 1 --- All couples

Ep - 2 --- Mostly Lenny

Ep - 3 --- All couples

Ep- -4 --- H/B

Ep - 5 --- All couples

Ep - 6 --- Lenny

Ep - 7 --- S/A

Ep - 8 --- Lenny

Ep - 9 --- S/A , H/B

Ep -10--- S/A , H/B

Ep -11--- No couples

So lets hope we get some happy story-lines from this couple in the next half of the season :)

The writers in the past liked to make Penny a tart, but season 6 has her life revolving around Leonard so like C-Trayne says things seem to have changed now, so I am hoping the season end twists for L/P relationship are over for now. Howard's launch was a very touching scene that everyone seems to have liked, so it would seem that a Valentines couple episode would go over really good too. Besides they screwed up the last Valentine episode with L/P so they owe us one. But it is true, in the end Lorre is a real wild card. Maybe he can give Raj a slutty girlfriend to practice his trashy story lines on.
Hey SRAM I did mean tart as in sour or tangy. I hope that came across. I'm all for more love. And you are right. Raj has lots of room for more love. Just not sure what team they are brave enough to put him on. And note to self, why should that be brave, anyway? But I think having something at stake in the show lifts it. It makes you care more. Just want them not to pick on L/P, which is where the heart is. I'm fatigued by it and you sound the same. Maybe we are part of a majority in their focus groups and we will be placated.

If this is any true , I will not be pleased...I mean we finally reached a point where L\P are in a very good place in their relationship and it gets dumped out of the story-lines....I want to see them happily working together through their relationship   And I don't think first half of the season was Lenny heavy , I think the time was more or less equally distributed among all the couples   Ep - 1 --- All couples Ep - 2 --- Mostly Lenny Ep - 3 --- All couples Ep- -4 --- H/B Ep - 5 --- All couples Ep - 6 --- Lenny Ep - 7 --- S/A Ep - 8 --- Lenny Ep - 9 --- S/A , H/B Ep -10--- S/A , H/B Ep -11--- No couples   So lets hope we get some happy story-lines from this couple in the next half of the season :)
Wow, thanks for the stats.

If this is any true , I will not be pleased...I mean we finally reached a point where L\P are in a very good place in their relationship and it gets dumped out of the story-lines....I want to see them happily working together through their relationship

And I don't think first half of the season was Lenny heavy , I think the time was more or less equally distributed among all the couples

Ep - 1 --- All couples

Ep - 2 --- Mostly Lenny

Ep - 3 --- All couples

Ep- -4 --- H/B

Ep - 5 --- All couples

Ep - 6 --- Lenny

Ep - 7 --- S/A

Ep - 8 --- Lenny

Ep - 9 --- S/A , H/B

Ep -10--- S/A , H/B

Ep -11--- No couples

So lets hope we get some happy story-lines from this couple in the next half of the season :)

Vasu, I think you'll get your wish that the majority of the L&P stories left this season will probably be happy-ish. But, I agree with Banger that this will mean the focus will shift onto further developing (revealing?) Sheldon's feelings for Amy at their expense. While the writers didn't ignore the other couples in the first half of the season, all the major developments happened between L&P. I expect it's Sheldon's turn next.

Edit: I guess it is possible that they may save anything to do with Sheldon until the tail end of S6 and stick with developing Penny further. It's not like her character doesn't need it and it would suit with the slow timetable they are creating for Sheldon and Amy. Some work on Raj wouldn't hurt either.

Edited by bostrich

Ep - 1 --- All couples

Ep - 2 --- Mostly Lenny

Ep - 3 --- All couples

Ep- -4 --- H/B

Ep - 5 --- All couples

Ep - 6 --- Lenny

Ep - 7 --- S/A

Ep - 8 --- Lenny

Ep - 9 --- S/A , H/B

Ep -10--- S/A , H/B

Ep -11--- No couples

Great summery list! What I should have said is most of the important developments were happening to the Lenny in the first half, with the changes being made to Penny.

I'm with you, I think the second half of the season for the Lenny will be scenes of them growing together. I sure hope that means little major drama, just semi-domestic slices of life with them resolving the normal problems of being a couple and determining how they will progress in their future. They can also work on Penny's job and/or educational decisions. There are plenty of things there that they have only hinted at this season.

I fear that Lorre thinks there needs to be a cliff hanger drama for the end of the season and since this was the curse given to the Lenny in season 1 through 4 that maybe this will be the burden of the Shamy this season. But there is hope. Season 5 ended on such an upbeat note that maybe he has learned a lesson and noticed that the fan base was very happy about this action as opposed to the fury that accompanied Season 4's ending. He even said how touched he was about the Season 5 ending in his vanity card.

Yeah, that's what I'm going to believe now! :icon_wink:

Edited by BangerMain

The lack of the crazy relationship drama in season 6 and the great ratings may have an impact how how the writers are told to write the relationships parts of the show, we can hope. I think a great season 6 six ending would be a party where Sheldon and Amy get loaded on New England Ice Teas and finding themselves next morning in Sheldon's bed, not knowing what happened that night. They would get up and walk out of his room only to find Leonard and Penny at the kitchen counter drinking coffee in shock at their walk of shame. Then the season 7 opener could be them having to figure out what happened. Let the shamy relationship have a little action for a change. A nice slowly evolving L/P relationship would be nice for the rest of season 6, with a nice Valentines episode of course.

They would get up and walk out of his room only to find Leonard and Penny at the kitchen counter drinking coffee in shock at their walk of shame.

I think it would be better, as a cliffhanger,  with Leonard and Penny drinking coffee with sly grins on their faces...

I fear that Lorre thinks there needs to be a cliff hanger drama for the end of the season and since this was the curse given to the Lenny in season 1 through 4 that maybe this will be the burden of the Shamy this season. But there is hope. Season 5 ended on such an upbeat note that maybe he has learned a lesson and noticed that the fan base was very happy about this action as opposed to the fury that accompanied Season 4's ending. He even said how touched he was about the Season 5 ending in his vanity card.

Yeah, that's what I'm going to believe now! :icon_wink:

Yeah, the intensity of the cliff hangers have varied from mild to the S4 debacle. I am a little concerned this task has to be carried by S/A now too. There was some discussion of why serious drama doesn't suit the S/A relationship in the Shamy thread this week. Hopefully, the show runners get that drama of the Raj/Penny magnitude was like touching the third rail and don't try their luck twice. Still, the Lorre factor can never be ignored IMO.

Can someone please explain to me why the Shamy should receive special treatment from the other couples? If drama led to stronger relationships for L/P and H/P then it should make them move to a stronger bond also. There needs to be a serious argument that leads to a breakup for more then the length of an episode IMO. To make them "stronger". Also, my other question is why is Shamy being discussed in the Leonard and Penny thread? I believe they have their own thread to discuss such situations.

I would find Sheldon's reaction interesting if Leonard moved into Penny's apartment, especially if Leonard took his couch with him and Sheldon had to go back to using his lawn chair to sit on.  I think that they would have Sheldon actually becoming lonesome without Leonard living with him.  He would constantly be bothering Penny and Leonard to "visit" his couch cushion, and I think that he would be over at Penny and Leonard's place so much that they could possible end up moving back in Sheldon.  Actually I don't think Leonard will actually ever move out but it is sometimes intersesting to say "what if".

yea the living situation is a topic that has been under much scrutiny and discussion for a while now.  Its hard to say what exactly is going to happen with it.  It makes sense that it needs to change, if not this season then most definitely next because we have a couple (L/P) who are in love and don't seem to be going anywhere in terms of break ups thus far.  It would make sense the next logical step would be moving in togetheer... but how they went about doing it is a little hard to imagine. 

@Sodidiwin I dont think people are talking about giving shamy special treatment i think they are simply stating that as of right now they are the relationship that has experienced the least amount of drama or problems within it and it may be time for them to start facing some of those hurdles now that both H/B and L/P seem to be a bit more secure.  

I wonder if the show has written itself into a corner with the whole Penny living across the hall from the guys thing. With Penny now in a relationship with Leonard does that scenerio have to continue to exist? It was one thing with her being the desireable pretty girl across the hall, but now she is Leonard's girlfriend and they love each other so hasn't the shows original theme changed and moved on from the original plot? Season 6 has great ratings, so the fans must like the new the direction the show has taken, so why can't Leonard and Penny co-habitate?

I wonder if the show has written itself into a corner with the whole Penny living across the hall from the guys thing. With Penny now in a relationship with Leonard does that scenerio have to continue to exist? It was one thing with her being the desireable pretty girl across the hall, but now she is Leonard's girlfriend and they love each other so hasn't the shows original theme changed and moved on from the original plot? Season 6 has great ratings, so the fans must like the new the direction the show has taken, so why can't Leonard and Penny co-habitate?

The show has most definitely written itself in to a "hall" if not a corner. As the Lenny has rapidly progressed this season, it's going to be difficult for the writers to have Leonard chose to live with Sheldon over Penny. The signs that they are giving seem to indicate co-habitation.

Leonard is shown more and more eating dinner with Penny alone. In season 3 they would alternate between sleeping at Leonard's or Penny's. Not anymore. Their little Christmas moment, with the fireplace, was at Penny's for the first time. Decidedly, the number of Sheldon/Penny moments have fallen off a cliff. Penny is now going to school and has declared that she is a terrible waitress (I still wonder why they did that). If they intend to have her halt her means of supporting herself to go to college full time, we know who is up to carry the load.

The writers will need to change directions quickly if they have another scenario in mind.

Edited by BangerMain

Let's not get ahead of ourselves. Penny's longstanding fear of commitment and devotion to her own independence will ensure they don't take the next step of living together for at least another season, I think

While this is true, we have seen some significant growth from the penny character is this direction through this season.  If it were to happen this season I feel like it might be one of the big things they do in like the last episode or two.

However, as has been discussed at length there is the possibility of it being a necessity following some kind of accident/financial crisis/disaster/idk anything that could render an apartment uninhabitable which would force some kind of co-habitation if they wanted to simply experiment with it

Let's not get ahead of ourselves. Penny's longstanding fear of commitment and devotion to her own independence will ensure they don't take the next step of living together for at least another season, I think.

Yes but that assumes the writers leave those two characteristics in the revamped Penny. First, all that is required is one conversation with Leonard where she finally explains why she is afraid to commit to him and his reassurance to her of why she has nothing to fear.

So far this season, the life changes they have made to Penny are making her financially and time pressured. Working full time and trying to go to school is a big burden. She is suddenly declaring that she is terrible at her job but she really has no other skill at the moment nor opportunity to transition to something better. The answer to that problem is Leonard. TPTB have said that they will do something about Penny's career goals and those sure look like the signals that they are going to do a change.

But as you said they may wait until next season to do these changes.

Edited by BangerMain