Leonard And Penny Shippers Thread (Possible Spoilers)

C-Trayne

But as you said they may wait until next season to do these changes.

Exactly - not saying it won't happen, but that they will try to take their time with it. Changing the living arrangements will require big overhauls in the show and I think they will wait as long as possible to do that. I feel like now that she's been honest with Leonard that she really does love him, he can relax and not be champing at the bit for more commitment and hurrying the relationship ahead like he was in the past.

• Like 1

I don't think Penny is anywhere near ready to settle down with Leonard.  She's comfortable with him and possessive of him, but ILY aside, I don't see any passion there.  She just recently said something to the effect of "in the bedroom, he . . . tries REALLY hard".  Heck girl, you're a confident big ol'FIVE, with a guy that would do anything to make you happy.  Tell him what you want!  Sheesh.  I'm glad Alex is pushing Penny's jealousy buttons, hope it helps.

Let's not get ahead of ourselves. Penny's longstanding fear of commitment and devotion to her own independence will ensure they don't take the next step of living together for at least another season, I think.

Always found it ironic that people think that.She has been living off the guys food(and stealing internet!!) for 5 years now.

Edited by Kutra

I don't think Penny is anywhere near ready to settle down with Leonard.  She's comfortable with him and possessive of him, but ILY aside, I don't see any passion there.  She just recently said something to the effect of "in the bedroom, he . . . tries REALLY hard".  Heck girl, you're a confident big ol'FIVE, with a guy that would do anything to make you happy.  Tell him what you want!  Sheesh.  I'm glad Alex is pushing Penny's jealousy buttons, hope it helps.

I think Alex's appearance has totally benefitted Leonard. Penny saw Alex flirting with him in the cafeteria. Also Amy being there and reinforcing the fact in her own unique way seem to hit home with Penny and made her even more jealous. Penny visiting him at work, attempting to go to college and the ILY all came after that. Thursday's show should be interesting with Alex being on.

Someone said before that you can't take a lot of what is said by the characters as fact. The writers just throw in stuff to be funny and then you never hear about it again. I think the comment about him really trying is one of those cases because she has said before that he is good and even called him a genius in bed (he Googled it). It seems the only things that matter are mentioned again later in the show. So if a problem is addressed again it is real. I think that is why people want a follow-up on the ILY, to verify the writers are having Penny enter that part of their relationship. There is always the chance right now that she could say she only said it in the heat of the moment.

Someone said before that you can't take a lot of what is said by the characters as fact. The writers just throw in stuff to be funny and then you never hear about it again.
I'm wondering about the bad waitressing comment here also. I don't remembered her saying that before and was wondering if that was also a throw away line.

I thought she said that she was bad at her job more than once. I thought one time was at the Cheesecake Factory and another time in her apartment with the girls. Am I correct?
. Could very well be. My memory isn't what it used to be.

. Could very well be. My memory isn't what it used to be.
Know exactly what you mean. I have a horrible memory. Anyway, I think they said it more than once, but they never made very much about it. So I guess it is possible they will drop it like they have other times. That would be a disappointment though, because it does present an interesting storyline.

Someone said before that you can't take a lot of what is said by the characters as fact. The writers just throw in stuff to be funny and then you never hear about it again. I think the comment about him really trying is one of those cases because she has said before that he is good and even called him a genius in bed (he Googled it). It seems the only things that matter are mentioned again later in the show. So if a problem is addressed again it is real. I think that is why people want a follow-up on the ILY, to verify the writers are having Penny enter that part of their relationship. There is always the chance right now that she could say she only said it in the heat of the moment.

Penny told Amy and Bernadette she loved Leonard, though afterward she said she was thinking of breaking up with him.  Does that count as saying it twice?

Penny told Amy and Bernadette she loved Leonard, though afterward she said she was thinking of breaking up with him.  Does that count as saying it twice?
I'm not sure that one counts, because Bernie said, " It doesn't sound like you love him." And all Penny said was, "We'll, I do". In a bit of a exasperated tone.

That episode seems out of sync with the rest of season six. They may have been trying to use it as showing the fans it as a starting point for the L/P relationship this season, like they are here now, and the rest of the season was showing the relationship being fixed. But I think they screwed it up slightly going for laughs.

They contradict themselves all the time using simple one liners to get cheap laughs and honestly, I personally am getting sick of it... the "he really tries" line is a perfect example. Since they dated in season 3 we have seen both Penny and Priya comment on his skills in bed calling him a genius or "the king of foreplay" or whatever and then we get stupid lines like him trying and stuff.  There have been plenty others, many including raj and his attitude towards women or Sheldon's germaphobia but i think its time they buckle down and start actually being consistent through the rest of the show... it really just gets annoying when you see something that was specifically avoided or stated differently in previous episodes...

On topic again, while i agree that a move in may be premature at this stage of the relationship, i think a big part of Penny's concern or thoughts of breaking up with him came from uncertainty more than anything.  Likely she knew she loved him, didn't know if she could voice it, was scared what would happen if she couldn't and likely thought breaking up with him was the easiest solution.

I think the fact that she didn't break up with him because she couldn't stand to see him devastated like that shows not only growth in her character and that she does in fact care about him deeply.  So now she jsut needs to come to acceptance with that fact and start being the girl we know she can be :p

Yeah, during the first break up she really wanted to wait and see what was happening between them and not rush into anything, but Weaton convinced her that waiting was only hurting Leonard, and she didn't want to hurt Leonard, and ignoring her own feelings, she broke up with him. In season six the girls seem to be pushing her again and I wonder if it was planned that way for her to make a different choice, to pick staying with him. Just a thought.

That episode seems out of sync with the rest of season six. They may have been trying to use it as showing the fans it as a starting point for the L/P relationship this season, like they are here now, and the rest of the season was showing the relationship being fixed. But I think they screwed it up slightly going for laughs.

That is, IMO, exactly what Episode 6.02 was about. Prady and the writers said they would mature Penny doing season 6 back in May and the way they have done it is to use the episodes of season 6 to address a specific Penny problem.

They used a specific pattern to do this:

- First, review the problem for the viewers to see. Penny does some "Penny" thing that she has done in the past.

- Then confront Penny with it. This is done by one of Leonard's friends

- Have her realize this is how she has acted in the past.

- Leonard sees this problem

- Penny does something about this, This may take more than one episode.

The issues they addressed:

- Penny dominates their relationship and treats Leonard as the "girl"

- She will not say "ILY" to Leonard

- She breaks up with Leonard for spurious reasons that she does not seem to understand.

- She is very possessive when Leonard is coveted by another women.

- She thinks Leonard is there for her happiness and has no interest in who he is.

- She thinks Leonard is ashamed of her limited academic and career accoplishments

- ... and the big one, Leonard will get bored and leave her for a more accomplished woman. This has been hinted at in every season.

6.02 had to address the spurious break up issue since Penny has done this twice in the past but when they did the sequence of review above, it came across as jarring since their relationship seemed past that issue.

Edited by BangerMain
  • Like 4

I just saw the promo for Thursday's episode and it looks like a good one. The promo sure makes it look like a heavy L/P episode. Too bad they turned Alex into a boyfriend stealing bitch, she looked good for Raj. However, the girls look like they are really trashing her. I bet this will be a good L/P episode then we won't get another for 2-3 episodes, if the writers continue like they did earlier in the season. But that would put them in the middle of sweeps so we might get something really good for L/P, like something that will jump their relationship along.

• Like 2

I just saw the promo for Thursday's episode and it looks like a good one. The promo sure makes it look like a heavy L/P episode. Too bad they turned Alex into a boyfriend stealing bitch, she looked good for Raj. However, the girls look like they are really trashing her. I bet this will be a good L/P episode then we won't get another for 2-3 episodes, if the writers continue like they did earlier in the season. But that would put them in the middle of sweeps so we might get something really good for L/P, like something that will jump their relationship along.
Like perhaps another proposal with an acceptance this time? I'm still predicting an engagement for L/P by the end of this season! Happy New Year Everyone! :)

I really want to see them engaged, wed, and have a baby, so Leonard can say how beautiful the baby is, before this show ends. However, before they get engaged, Penny has to go through an event that makes her understand that Leonard is her soulmate', so the engagement becomes the obvious next step and maybe Penny asks Leonard to marry her. Leonard knows Penny is his soulmate but I don't see Penny being there yet, so I think they need to do something to address it.

• Like 1

I really want to see them engaged, wed, and have a baby, so Leonard can say how beautiful the baby is, before this show ends. However, before they get engaged, Penny has to go through an event that makes her understand that Leonard is her soulmate', so the engagement becomes the obvious next step and maybe Penny asks Leonard to marry her. Leonard knows Penny is his soulmate but I don't see Penny being there yet, so I think they need to do something to address it.
Unless the writers make a 180 degree about face, they are moving in that direction this season at lightening speed. I just can't believe they would throw the L/P shippers such a curve ball this time around. They have to have some other storyline they want to begin since they are taking care of this relationship as quick as they seem to be doing. Also, I don't get the opinion that they need to take care of the living arrangements first? I mean, H/B were married last season and they still don't have their living arrangement taken car of. It appears now that they are staying at Bernie's apartment more often, but when Howard moved out of his home they still ended up sleeping their. They have a lot of time even if they are engaged/married to straighten that out.

What if her mum comes to stay for a bit. Would that push Penny and Leonard together and move things along or would Penny rebel and seize up?

Her mum has been invisible so far. Is she a force for good or evil?

IDK about her mom but i really wanna see her dad again now that they are dating for real haha

• Like 1

Penny being fixed before the end of the season for another event to happen, would be great. I bet it would be something like having a shamy event to close the season.

You know, a S/A moving-forward event (such as an ILY or just a conversation with Sheldon about his commitment to Amy) might actually inspire Penny to be more serious in her own relationship.  She's still just getting to the point of being ready for a committed relationship and I think marriage is still way far off for them.  I want to see them get there eventually but the writers are taking their time.

Never thought of that, but that would be a way to move the L/P relationship along. Another couples relationship event could show Penny that her and Leonard's relationship has been on hold because of her, so she decides to do something.