Leonard And Penny Shippers Thread (Possible Spoilers)

C-Trayne

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK, this is my last day of vacation so I spent most of my day hanging with my bird, because I have sort of been not around much during my vacation and he has been getting lonely. Well since I was home, I hate to admit this, and since Kaley was going to be on, I actually watched the Ellen show for the first time. What I thought was interesting was that Kaley brought a promo scene for the next show that I never saw before. It was a very small scene where Penny brings Leonard some makeup sponges and states he has a lot of makeup, better than her makeup, and like a girlfriend would, tries to take some. What is interesting is what Leonard says (not a quote), I LOVE YOU but you can't have the makeup, and Penny doesn't make any deal of him starting with ILY. It is a small scene and I thought it was interesting Kaley brought that one to show on Ellen.

great clip-- i saw it off my tweeter account.

the ILY has help leonard a lot to grow up.

I enjoy that you post in, like, free verse. Maybe it's your tech but its neat. Yes to a valentimes day ep that works for P/L. With their boots on.

thanks, worked on a newletter for work 15 years a go,

it was once a month.-my style

So I was watching episode 6.04 and I came across something that I didn't really notice the first time but was kinda weird the second.

At the very end of the episode when Penny is "marking her territory" with Alex, she says that she and Leonard have been involved in a 5 year experiment.  This seemed odd to me because they've really only been dating for about 2 years if you add up all the time they've been together.  

Unless she was just saying they've been friends that long which would make sense I guess.  Although if she was "marking her territory" she'd probably want to imply that she was his girlfriend, not just a friend.

I'm probably overthinking this but I just thought it was interesting

So I was watching episode 6.04 and I came across something that I didn't really notice the first time but was kinda weird the second.   At the very end of the episode when Penny is "marking her territory" with Alex, she says that she and Leonard have been involved in a 5 year experiment.  This seemed odd to me because they've really only been dating for about 2 years if you add up all the time they've been together.     Unless she was just saying they've been friends that long which would make sense I guess.  Although if she was "marking her territory" she'd probably want to imply that she was his girlfriend, not just a friend.   I'm probably overthinking this but I just thought it was interesting
Yeah that was interesting. Leonard said in a previous episode that he was in this relationship with her two years longer than her (which is from when he first saw her), and now she says something similar. I always thought that there was something between them from the first episode and that is why she took a shower at their place and ate with them. She thought Leonard was cute and that is why after the first episode, every time she went to their apartment, she talked or asked about him. Him and her were the main storyline of the show when it was started and has been the underlining theme since the beginning. I think that episode statement by her just acknowledged something many of us knew, maybe except Leonard.

Well... Since It's season 6 and the ep. was soon after the season started (ep. 3) it was just over 5 years since they'd met. Penny first displayed actual interest in Leonard in season 1 ep. 5, but Leonard wasn't in a position to see it, and Penny may not have consciousley realized it herself at the time.  ("Good for Leonard" with unhappy tone (9:35), and A smile after hearing that Leonard and Leslie weren't staying together (18:55).

I can't believe that the writers put that in by mistake. They had to make her say 5 years for a reason.

I think she wanted to establish a stronger claim on Leonard by claiming that she's known Leonard for more than the two years the had actually been dating. They had known each other for five years(if you assume show time equals actual time), at the time of the statement to Alex.

Yeah, it was a good L/P interaction in the beginning. Leonard is pretty nerdy in the beginning but all she acts is sort of , oh well and a small face. She doesn't make fun of him or when he says ILY, she treats it as normal. I like how they kissed and just acted like GF/BF during that scene. Wasn't she the one that said yeah they should go to the comic book store, too? They really seem to be doing good now.

I personally don't see Leonard moving out.  Too much of the show revolves around the dynamics of Sheldon and Leonard living together.  I thnk that more then likely they will still have Penny living in her apartment and Leonard living in his.  Push come to shove I suppose they could have something happen where Penny is forced to move in with Leonard.

I personally don't see Leonard moving out.  Too much of the show revolves around the dynamics of Sheldon and Leonard living together.  I thnk that more then likely they will still have Penny living in her apartment and Leonard living in his.  Push come to shove I suppose they could have something happen where Penny is forced to move in with Leonard.

For the immediate future i can agree with you... However, how long will it take before it becomes unbelievable   I mean L/P have dated on and off for roughly 3 years if you count their first date, and as their relationship gets stronger we have to ask, would Leonard really choose to live with Sheldon over Penny after so long?  I mean for the rest of this season and maybe next I don't know if we need to think about the living arangements but if they ever do end up married or engaged this will likely be one of the things that needs to be addressed

It is getting harder and harder to believe that Leonard and Penny aren't moved in together. If they are suppose to be in a healthy relationship, doesn't it make more sense that she would be with him more and not just be the pretty girl across the hall. I really think she stopped being the pretty girl across the hall, for Leonard, during the first season, when he went to her Halloween party. His not having sex with her, when she was so obviously offering it, showed that he wanted her for more than just sex and was falling in love with the person that was Penny. I also, still think the conflict between Penny and Sheldon is so funny and her moving in with them would be some great comedy. Maybe they could move her in with Leonard and put another girl across the hall for Raj to moon over. Or the girl across the hall could take an interest in Sheldon, but that would only be temporary, because Amy is for him.

Yep, during their conversation in the laundry room. After the first bowling match.
I was just on the Shamy thread and they had what was supposed to be a side from the next (or at least a future) episode. http://www.4shared.c...O/gretchen.html If true I hope Leonard's just helping Penny one up the other couple because I think it's too soon for a real proposal.
The season six spoilers thread has a discussion and several interpretations on those sides.