Leonard And Penny Shippers Thread (Possible Spoilers)

C-Trayne

I was just on the Shamy thread and they had what was supposed to be a side from the next (or at least a future) episode. http://www.4shared.c...O/gretchen.html If true I hope Leonard's just helping Penny one up the other couple because I think it's too soon for a real proposal.
This better not result in a break up. Penny has always been the character that has had to do the most change in the show to make the L/P relationship work. They have taken her so far this season, going back now makes no sense. Leonard is now the whole package for her because she is physically attractive to him (she has said throughout the show he is really cute), she is happy when she is with him and he makes her laugh, she finds him interesting (even though she doesn't understand him sometimes), she admires his mind and even proud she is dating a genius, he appears to be good in bed (every time she is drunk, she tries to have sex with him so be must be doing something right), he is a success and easily can support a family, and he loves her totally. Leonard basically has it all for her, so why would she now even consider breaking up with him. The only thing I now see really holding her back from marrying him is that Penny has this feeling that she has to be independent and successful before she can feel good about herself and move on with her life. The writers will have to deal with that issue before her and Leonard get engaged. I hope that scene is funny and not drama, or at least drama that ends happily in the end of the episode.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It has occurred to me that they may end up pretending to be engaged for appearances while 'Matt & Gretchen' are around (if they stay for another episode) and in the process decide that they like being engaged and make it real. Leading to moving in together etc; especially if Wyat hears about it and pays a visit. 

In any case the 'side' says 'first draft' so who knows what will happen.

That would really be something if they were pretending to be engaged and then later Penny told Leonard she was keeping the ring, because she did want to marry him. Leonard would in heaven. Also, we don't have an idea what the previous episode is and it could be a heavy L/P episode that makes them getting engaged not that surprising.

Question:  how do these pages get out?  Are they leaked by official sources or are they loose pages that somebody stole out of a trash can?  If they're leaked by TPTB, it could be purposely misleading to generate buzz.  If so, it's certainly working.

Guest I'm not dead Cheryl
Question:  how do these pages get out?  Are they leaked by official sources or are they loose pages that somebody stole out of a trash can?  If they're leaked by TPTB, it could be purposely misleading to generate buzz.  If so, it's certainly working.

they are the casting pages that are sent to the casting agencies for actors to audition for the roles. Usually they only send the pages with those characters they need people for, in this case, Matt & Gretchen. 

There is only one item left on the agenda for the Lenny final landing into happy ever after: Penny's self esteem. As SRAM stated, she really does not feel good about her accomplishments in life (or lack of them) and she would come to Leonard in marrige as almost his ward rather then wife. Her father pleaded with Leonard in the 4th season to not give up on her because he could not see her having a happy end without Leonard.

Penny has shown signs that she agees with this assesment and sometime in the second half of this season, this has to be addressed. So far this season she has seemed to regress; she had to cheat on her first paper for the history class, her acting career seems to be over and she now can't even cook. She seems to be dissatisfied with her job which is a dead end anyway, so Leonard is her only hope for a good life. She is afraid that Leonard will see her as a loser and dump her for a more succesful woman.

I'm sure that some examination of this issue is coming.

So I was watching episode 6.04 and I came across something that I didn't really notice the first time but was kinda weird the second.

At the very end of the episode when Penny is "marking her territory" with Alex, she says that she and Leonard have been involved in a 5 year experiment.  This seemed odd to me because they've really only been dating for about 2 years if you add up all the time they've been together.  

Unless she was just saying they've been friends that long which would make sense I guess.  Although if she was "marking her territory" she'd probably want to imply that she was his girlfriend, not just a friend.

I'm probably overthinking this but I just thought it was interesting

Leonard has been in love with her since episode 1. She has always known it. That makes it a 5 year experiment.

There is only one item left on the agenda for the Lenny final landing into happy ever after: Penny's self esteem. As SRAM stated, she really does not feel good about her accomplishments in life (or lack of them) and she would come to Leonard in marrige as almost his ward rather then wife. Her father pleaded with Leonard in the 4th season to not give up on her because he could not see her having a happy end without Leonard.

Penny has shown signs that she agees with this assesment and sometime in the second half of this season, this has to be addressed. So far this season she has seemed to regress; she had to cheat on her first paper for the history class, her acting career seems to be over and she now can't even cook. She seems to be dissatisfied with her job which is a dead end anyway, so Leonard is her only hope for a good life. She is afraid that Leonard will see her as a loser and dump her for a more succesful woman.

I'm sure that some examination of this issue is coming.

I think your right and you make some great points here.  Penny's self esteem and self worth needs to be voiced and addressed within the show before their relationship is able to make the next leap... whether that's living together or marriage or whatever.  She needs to see, learn, and understand that Leonard has accepted her for who she is, faults and all.  And if they are able to get that message across then the ship will be able to move forward.  

That brings the question then what is happening in the sides that were released... could go a lot of ways to be honest

I think your right and you make some great points here.  Penny's self esteem and self worth needs to be voiced and addressed within the show before their relationship is able to make the next leap... whether that's living together or marriage or whatever.  She needs to see, learn, and understand that Leonard has accepted her for who she is, faults and all.  And if they are able to get that message across then the ship will be able to move forward.  

That brings the question then what is happening in the sides that were released... could go a lot of ways to be honest

I have a feeling that the sides for 6.16 are about the issue of self esteem of Penny and the question she has not really asked him: Why does he love HER so much?

Edited by BangerMain

on a different note i think it would be nice to see a some of the mementos from their relationship make their way back to our view.  Things like the snuggie, snowflake, etc that mean a lot to either one or both parties i think would be nice to see again but also help build their relationship further.

A good example was in the recombination hypothesis when Leonard realizes Penny saved his inhaler (sure its a dream but I mean the idea is the same) it was obviously a really touching moment for him and made him see Penny a little different.  Him finding the snowflake in her apartment or vice versa with the blanket with sleeves could be a piece of the puzzle that they are missing.

Yes they are in a great spot right now for sure, but they are missing that final driving factor that really ties a couple together and i think it is Penny's insecurites about her self worth and Leonards fear of losing her that is keeping them from finding it.  These mementos from their relationship through their 6 years could certainly be something that helps them tie the knot.  

A trip down memory lane if you will that lets them relive all that they have been through... both the good times and the bad.

Maybe this insecurity is why she keeps on breaking things off?

It IS what caused her to break things off... the first time they went on a date she didn't follow up with it because she was insecure about her own intelligence and was worried that she was too dumb and even though she liked Leonard a lot she was worried he would get bored.

When she broke up with him in season 3 it stemmed from similar emotions.  Her own insecurities about love and expressing her feelings coupled with Will Wheaton's lies lead her to make a hasty decision she might not have wanted to make but her fears of getting hurt and past experiences with love kept her from fixing things.

Now though through season 6 we have seen remarkable progress for the Penny character and have no after episode 12 we have for the first time heard Penny voice those insecurities to Leonard.  Not only that but he responded in a positive way to the announcement.  In my opinion they kinda played it for laughs a little too much and the scene could have been much more meaningful but i think the general gist was the same.  

Hopefully the coming episodes will help to fix the now addressed issue.

Has anyone heard anything about the theme of tomorrow's taping? I sort of think it could be a little heavier on the L/P relationship theme because we haven't really had anything too much since the ILY. If it is heavy L/P that could give us a hint why Leonard gets on one knee during the Valentine episode.

There hasn't been anything as far as I know... there usually isn't too much before the tapings... whatever it is I hope the story ties in to the following episode for once so we can get a little insight as to why Leonard does what he does and who matt/Gretchen is...

Maybe we meet them in this episode!

Crap. Forget what I previous posted. The TV guide let out that in the Valentine's episode the L/P relationship hits another snag. Crap! Why can't the quit screwing with those two? This will be their second Valentines episode and again it is ruined for them.

Well just cause it hits a snag doesn't mean its over or that its a long term snag... it could be something at the beginning of the episode that is fixed by the end of it. Yes it would have been nice to see a sweet episode between them and show them growing closer but the same goal can be accomplished this way it just may not be as fun to watch...

Damn drama... maybe the snag is simply them meeting matt/Gretchen from penny's past

thanks... i think lol

Damn that's so deppressing... i get that not everything can be sunshine and unicorns but can't we go like more than two episodes without some kind of problem between them?  It just seems like they love punching Lenny fans right in the emotional gut.  Every time we think we see progress they're like "nope! curve ball, roundhouse kick to the face!!!"  

Whatever "snag" they hit better be resolved quickly... because if they break up again I am going to be rip shit

thanks... i think lol

Damn that's so deppressing... i get that not everything can be sunshine and unicorns but can't we go like more than two episodes without some kind of problem between them?  It just seems like they love punching Lenny fans right in the emotional gut.  Every time we think we see progress they're like "nope! curve ball, roundhouse kick to the face!!!"  

Whatever "snag" they hit better be resolved quickly... because if they break up again I am going to be rip shit

ITA. I'm really fed up with the drama with these two. Can they just let them be for ONE season. Is it too much to ask?

I know right?  Well here's hoping that season six has been so up and down so that season 7 can go that way.  In reality they have accomplished a lot since they got back together and are in a stronger place, I don't really think this will lead to a break up so much as a disagreement.  But still, shouldn't a valentines day have some sweet romance and emotion???

Damn they just had to release this now didn't they... only a month until the episode releases.

If this snag leads them to discussing their future, I don't have a problem with it. I think it's more likely to be them continuing to resolve issues they've had in the past then any new drama. There'll be some sweet moment where they broadly agree on their future by the end of the episode, I'm betting. Penny will agree that marriage 'is a possibility / wouldn't rule it out' but not going to happen anytime soon.

I can't believe they're going the drama route once again! These writers are suppose to be so damn good but when it comes to Leonard and Penny all they can come up with is the worn out roller-coaster ride. I am SO tired of it already! :( I'm just hoping they rectify it within the same episode and not drag it out as they have done in the past!

Edited by SodidIwin?

If this snag leads them to discussing their future, I don't have a problem with it. I think it's more likely to be them continuing to resolve issues they've had in the past then any new drama. There'll be some sweet moment where they broadly agree on their future by the end of the episode, I'm betting. Penny will agree that marriage 'is a possibility / wouldn't rule it out' but not going to happen anytime soon.

I hope so... this up and down ride we've been on since season 3 has gone on long enough I think.  I mean i get they wanted to have one relationship to play with through the series (since H/B and S/A are usually pretty drama free in order to mix it up but at this point i feel like drama in the L/P is becoming the norm a little too much.  I think they need to dial it back a bit and give us a little change for once, maybe even just one episode centered around them where we don't see them fight... IDK something sweet we haven't really seen before would be nice