Leonard And Penny Shippers Thread (Possible Spoilers)

C-Trayne

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was so up about them having a Valentines episode but after seeing that TV Guide scoop, I am now dreading it.
I'm with you SRAM! Where is the logic in the writing when it makes fans dreading to watch an episode? I'm only willing to get depressed watching a comedy for so long.

Before we all get depressed though, it might be true that it might be solved by the end of the episode in a positive way. Before reading this scoop, just looking at the sides, I thought that even though it might not be a real proposal or Penny might say no again, we might find out that she's not as opposed to it as previously thought, that maybe she wants to wait until she sorts out her life professionally or something. That will give the writers a reason to drag it out a few more seasons but at the same time it isn't bad news. 

I know I'm new to the discussion but maybe the snag involves Leonard.  We all know how he feels about Penny.  Wasn't it the pilot when he said that their kids would be both smart and beautiful?  And I know he wants to be with her.  But from the sides, and I think someone mentioned it, he sounds maybe a bit sauced.  If that is the case then maybe his proposal was not a truly serious one (at this moment) but Penny says yes and oops...

Maybe it leads him to wonder about the direction of their relationship.  Although I do like the whole concept of Penny wondering why he loves her.  Their insecurity between each other is, to quote Sheldon "fascination"...

I would wait until the episode airs before making a huge deal over it. This is just a little TV guide blurb which are usually cryptic at best when it comes to revealing anything significant when it comes to these little blurbs.

This really shouldn't be a surprise, the sides indicate that Leonard is going to propose again, and it was most likely not going to end well for him initially.

Simmer down, people. :p

The same words could have been used to describe what happened in 6.6, 6.8 and 6.13, yet the 'snag' in those episodes was ultimately a device to move L/P forward.

I can understand a little bit of the irritation. If there is one thing about the Leonard and Penny relationship that is annoying is the writers tendency to go for the the melodrama so much of the time. It really is starting to get old and tiring. While I don't think this will be something that will break them up the way some will automatically jump to that conclusion, it would be nice if for once we could actually get a major L/P story that didn't involve some kind "snag" for their relationship.

I hope you are right about them not breaking up because Penny hurting Leonard again, and then them getting back again, is going to ruin these characters. It will make her character come off as a bitch and is going to make Leonard seem like he is too immature to realize he is being used. Before, Penny's inability to commit to him made it seem that she was only keeping him around till someone better came around and I was hoping season 6 would fix that. If they break them up and try then to put them back together, how does Leonard come back from looking like a sap for going back to her?

I hope you are right about them not breaking up because Penny hurting Leonard again, and then them getting back again, is going to ruin these characters. It will make her character come off as a bitch and is going to make Leonard seem like he is too immature to realize he is being used. Before, Penny's inability to commit to him made it seem that she was only keeping him around till someone better came around and I was hoping season 6 would fix that. If they break them up and try then to put them back together, how does Leonard come back from looking like a sap for going back to her?

That is the major problem with another break up. It just wouldn't be credible for them to end up being endgame on the show. It would make both characters look really bad. Penny for obvious reasons but Leonard too because, he would just look plain stupid for going back to her a third time. If she dumps him yet again, that should just signal to Leonard that Penny simply isn't capable of commitment to him and he's simply wasting his time and efforts on her and that he would be better off in the long run of looking for somebody else who will be able to love and commit to him.

Besides that, I just don't see the general audience being behind the pair anymore if another break up were to happen. I think another break up would be the last straw for much of the general viewing audience when it comes to these two. The Leonard/Penny relationship already falls behind in popularity to Sheldon/Amy and I would even argue to an extent(although not nearly as much)Howard/Bernadette just because of how much annoying melodrama the writers dump on the relationship.

I very serously doubt that Penny and Leonard break up again.  If they should do so, I beleive that it will be the last time, and I don't see that happening no matter how happy it would make a very vocal but very small minority.  If it should happen, then look for the Penny character to be written out of the show.  I don't think that is very likely to happen either.  One thing that I am aboslutely sure of, TPTB have no intention of ever having Penny and Sheldon getting together.

Yep, Shenny is def a case of vocal minority. Shenny should be the definition. TV tropes had a good example. While online in places like tumblr and twitter it may seem like Shenny is the most popular Big Bang Theory ship, when official online polls by CBS and even this forum's main site...Shenny falls way behind Shamy and Leonard/Penny.  And it's Not even close.

I know right?  Well here's hoping that season six has been so up and down so that season 7 can go that way.  In reality they have accomplished a lot since they got back together and are in a stronger place, I don't really think this will lead to a break up so much as a disagreement.  But still, shouldn't a valentines day have some sweet romance and emotion???

Damn they just had to release this now didn't they... only a month until the episode releases.

One thing. This isn't the Valentine's day episode. Valentine's is a Thursday this year, so the episode after would be the one. If it's a two part episode then the snag could be resolved in part two. That would be episode 16, and I've noticed that the 16th episode is usually a big one (as far as I'm concerned). 

Edited by eirwinrommel

One thing. This isn't the Valentine's day episode. Valentine's is a Thursday this year, so the episode after would be the one. If it's a two part episode then the snag could be resolved in part two.

Yeah it is, we are talking about 6.16 not 6.15 which tapes tomorrow. No one knows what tomorrows taping is about.

Yes... we are talk I g about the Valentine's episode which is number 16 and airs on Feb 14th...

I agree that many of us my self included jumped to fast conclusions based on only a small piece of info... I don't like doing that and I usually try not too... oops lol

Any who, while a snag doesn't usually mean a good thing it hopefully won't be as bad as we fear because it seems like the writers have been working hard to build these two closer together and too throw all that away now would not only be a waste but would kind of be a big middle finger to a lot of fans... I know I personally would lose a lot of interest if they went that route...

I wonder if CBS does polls on what people think about how they are handling the L/P relationship.

haha. I have never seen any online polls on the CBS website. Though i have never been to the CBS website. I have been to Fox, NBC, ABC, Nickelodeon, Disney Channel websites. Never been to the CBS one though, lol. Not on purpose, just never been. I'm sure they do online polls, but i doubt they get that specific in the polling.

The way the producers/writers are handling the sixth season has followed a simple pattern: short story arcs and conflict resolutions within each episode. This has brought them spectacular ratings and very happy fans. That's why a massive L/P drama is not likely. Each conflict between L/P this season has been handled at least temporarily, within the 22 minute boundary. The Alex storyline was used to address two Penny problems, jealousy and insecurity.

TPTB still have to address Penny's self esteem issue and maybe Leonard's tendency to over protect her but any snags they hit now will only slow down their momentum, they seem to be way too far down the road to break-up now. It could be that they want them to be put in a quiet state for a while. The way they were hurdling along the last few episodes, they would be raising those smart and beautiful kids in season 8.

It may be time to slow them down while they finish resolving their remaining issues.

Edited by BangerMain