Leonard And Penny Shippers Thread (Possible Spoilers)

C-Trayne

You know the other thing that makes me think they are about to screw with the L/P relationship is that in episode 6.15 they sort of imply the S/A relationship is on the same level, concerning moving together, as them. I think they are going to move the S/A relationship past the L/P relationship, except for the sex point, and they are going to do that by breaking them up. Then they will torture Leonard by reminding him Howard is married and Sheldon's relationship is doing well. They will even make him wing man to Raj. The break up will happen between the sweeps and the end of season. Then in season 7 they will torture the Leonard and Penny characters for laughs and get them back together at the end of the season. Sometime in the second half of eight they will get engaged. Between their engagement and marriage, in season 10, S/A will get married and Raj will get a girlfriend and probably get married. Leonard and Penny will be the last to be married.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You know the other thing that makes me think they are about to screw with the L/P relationship is that in episode 6.15 they sort of imply the S/A relationship is on the same level, concerning moving together, as them. I think they are going to move the S/A relationship past the L/P relationship, except for the sex point, and they are going to do that by breaking them up. Then they will torture Leonard by reminding him Howard is married and Sheldon's relationship is doing well. They will even make him wing man to Raj. The break up will happen between the sweeps and the end of season. Then in season 7 they will torture the Leonard and Penny characters for laughs and get them back together at the end of the season. Sometime in the second half of eight they will get engaged. Between their engagement and marriage, in season 10, S/A will get married and Raj will get a girlfriend and probably get married. Leonard and Penny will be the last to be married.

Step away from the dark side. Come back into the light.

I agree with that there is no reason to have them get engaged. Saying that though if anyone has a breakup its Sheldon and Amy. I believe in an earlier episode this season Amy making a comment about having a four year plan.(I believe she said it to the girls) That puts them in season 10. Maybe it's just me but I pictured them getting married at the series finale. In regards to Raj I do seem him getting a possible girlfriend by the end but not getting married. Back to L/P there is no doubt there going to have problems along the way but no two year break as before. Two, three episodes maybe. Between them possibly (eventually) moving in together and Penny finally getting a new job, going back to school or whatever there'ss enough there to cover at least a couple years. Whatever Kaley said about them getting married in season 10 is not concrete in stone. I actually think maybe more like season 9.

No stop it. Leave this place with your negativity!
Sorry, you turned me from the dark side, earlier this season, but I was only one episode from going back and 6.15 is that episode. Episode 6.16 spoilers don't help either and I have never trusted the writers to do the L/P relationship right. They ruined the first Valentines and they said they went on of their way to come up with Valentines Days problems, to make funny, for this episode . When it comes to L/P there is no loving from the writers.

Considering that L/P was set up to be a huge part of the plot of the show since episode 1, the writers can't make them happily ever after until the series finale.  Until then it's anyone's guess, and I don't even think the writers know.  Without knowing for sure how many seasons the show will go it's hard to speculate.  I think it's highly likely that the writers will continue to toy with us until the end, then at some point (sometime between now and the next-to-last episode of the series) there will be a crisis when they either break up or almost break up, and then the crisis will ultimately lead to a satisfying reunion that we know is happily ever after.

It occurs to me that right now, L/P and S/A are both "will they or won't they" couples but in a different way than Ross and Rachel or any number of other TV couples.  With Shamy it's "will they or won't they" have sex.  With Lenny it's currently "will they or won't they" break up.  Since that's different from "will they or won't they" get together, I think the writers will keep it that way for a while.  At least I hope so.  L/P belong together.

Sorry, you turned me from the dark side, earlier this season, but I was only one episode from going back and 6.15 is that episode. Episode 6.16 spoilers don't help either and I have never trusted the writers to do the L/P relationship right. They ruined the first Valentines and they said they went on of their way to come up with Valentines Days problems, to make funny, for this episode . When it comes to L/P there is no loving from the writers.

give up, you must not

hope, we must have and strong we must be!

Clouded your mind, the dark side has, lies the darkness will whisper. 

Remember the Jedi, Remember why we fight

Penny not wanting Leonard to move in with her, means she also is not considering marrying him because don't you should be thinking about how you would like to live with someone if you want to marry them. So the Valentines episode is either not a proposal or it is Leonard making a big mistake. Penny has put another roadblock in their relationship with episode 6.15. Also someone asked why break them up? Kaley said she hopes they get married in season 10 and even if they have a very long engagement they would still not be getting engaged till probably season 8, so the writers have plenty of time to break them up and get them together so they don't have to address the engagement anytime soon. Also Penny and Leonard broken up gives the writers more options to write funny things about their misery than if they are together, so since L/P seem to be the couple the writers like to play with, breaking them up only makes sense.

There is no other place for the writers to go with Leonard and Penny if they break them up again. Them dating others and becoming jealous is the only real storyline available to them and they've already gone down that road. Leonard isn't the kind of guy who is going to break up with her, emotional issues and all, especially after finding out that Penny loves him and is afraid of losing him. There may have, at one time, been some credibility of Leonard saying "I've had enough of this merry go round" but that was back when he didn't know where he really stood in Penny's life and just how she really felt about him. He knows, so that changes the game.

These writers have never been good at writing comedic misery, at least not from a place of genuine emotional turmoil. The whole Penny being bitter over Priya was not only not funny but was barely tolerable to watch. I don't think the audience would be willing to give L/P a third chance if they were going to do another break up, even if it was Leonard doing dumping this time around. At that point the audience would be rooting for Leonard to find someone who is ready and is willing to love and be committed to him.

Besides all that there is NO RULE, anywhere in the story-telling medium when it comes to writing for television, or any other medium for that matter that the main couple CANNOT BE TOGETHER/GET TOGETHER until the very end of the show/program. The only real rule is that the relationship cannot be completely free of conflict. You can achieve this without breaking a couple up.

Edited by DPK

I think Leonard will fake propose, penny will go with it knowing it a fakes proposal just to stand up her friends. But everyone else will think they are really engaged, and they will finish the episode with penny admitting to amy after Amy finds out it was just a fake proposal, penny will admit that she liked being fake engaged to Leonard.

hisssss

never speak of that name!

heyyyy , the episodes where Alex appeared have generally been good for L\P ;)

Scenario : I am assuming the air is cleared up between Leonard and Alex (Sheldon accusing her)

College Cafeteria :Leonard is sitting on a table looking glum drinking coffe

Alex : Oh , hi Leonard.

Leonard : Hi , Alex ,  I'm sorry for all the misunderstanding again...

Alex : Oh , I understand it , no need to be sorry ...Dr.Cooper is a little bit annoying... but you are very sweet ... *winks eyes**winks eyes*

Leonard : Thank you

Alex : So , What happened now??

Leonard : What do you mean??

Alex : you are looking so glum??? still pretty cute though.....*winks eyes**winks eyes*

Leonard : Ah nothing , Sheldon is driving me insane and I'm not sure if I want to live with him and Penny does not want not me to live with her...

Alex : What , Penny does not want you to live with her??

Leonard : Yeah

Alex :  you sure??... you're cute , you're funny...I think a lot of women would want you to live with you....*winks eyes**winks eyes*

Leonard : trust me they don't

Alex : Ok tell you what , if you want you can live with me for few days....*winks eyes**winks eyes*

And the camera shifts to Penny who came to "meet" Leonard..... :D  :D

Edited by vasu

see the thing is I don't know if we have enough info to be able to tell if Penny really doesn't want to live with Leonard.  The whole thing was just sort of thrust upon her by him without any regard to the way she felt about and in reality with Penny being the way she is Leonard should have known to talk to her about something as serious as living together.  That and just the stress of the situation with Sheldon and Amy could have helped contribute to her feelings.  She loves Leonard and she both knows and accepts this now, I'm sure this stuff will be addressed in time and this was merely a stepping stone to get some place higher...

Of course this is my optimist side and i could be dead wrong.  The pessimist in me is screaming warning bells and flashing lights but if we don't stay postive we'll go nuts in the few days before the taping.

give up, you must not   hope, we must have and strong we must be!   Clouded your mind, the dark side has, lies the darkness will whisper.    Remember the Jedi, Remember why we fight
I'm going to have to back off on my take on these episodes until next weeks taping. I'm too far gone on the dark side right now. I want to see next weeks episode before I carry these dark thoughts forward. Does anyone have Yoda's phone number?

I'm going to have to back off on my take on these episodes until next weeks taping. I'm too far gone on the dark side right now. I want to see next weeks episode before I carry these dark thoughts forward. Does anyone have Yoda's phone number?

Don't worry too much. They will torture us to the end with (probably mostly unnecessary) Lenny drama.  In the end, though, all will be well.  :)

Penny not wanting Leonard to move in with her, means she also is not considering marrying him because don't you should be thinking about how you would like to live with someone if you want to marry them. So the Valentines episode is either not a proposal or it is Leonard making a big mistake. Penny has put another roadblock in their relationship with episode 6.15. Also someone asked why break them up? Kaley said she hopes they get married in season 10 and even if they have a very long engagement they would still not be getting engaged till probably season 8, so the writers have plenty of time to break them up and get them together so they don't have to address the engagement anytime soon. Also Penny and Leonard broken up gives the writers more options to write funny things about their misery than if they are together, so since L/P seem to be the couple the writers like to play with, breaking them up only makes sense.

I disagree. Couples stay together for long periods of time without getting married right away without breaking up.The fans have shown in season 4, which had the worst ratings since season 2, that they do not like to see them broken up. Some of that ratings hit was because of the change in time slot and lack of syndication but the drop off at the end of season 4 was noticeably worst than normal. How many fans have you heard saying that season 4 was their favorite? How many fans enjoyed that season finale?

When you have the kind of growth in the viewership that season 6 has, you do not rock the boat. I would hope that Chuck Lorre is not completely insane and would not overrule Steve Molaro like he did during season 3 and order a break-up just to piss off the fans. There would be mass defections among the more casual fans who may not return. Not many folks watch light comedy to view characters in misery.

Edited by BangerMain

I swear the writers have a dart board in their office with Leonard and Penny's picture on it and they base each episodes level of conflict between the two on how close the episodes dart gets to the bullseye. The only thing going for us L/P fans is the writers are terrible shots.

I disagree. Couples stay together for long periods of time without getting married right away without breaking up.The fans have shown in season 4, which had the worst ratings since season 2, that they do not like to see them broken up. Some of that ratings hit was because of the change in time slot and lack of syndication but the drop off at the end of season 4 was noticeably worst than normal. How many fans have you heard saying that season 4 was their favorite? How many fans enjoyed that season finale?

When you have the kind of growth in the viewership that season 6 has, you do not rock the boat. I would hope that Chuck Lorre is not completely insane and would not overrule Steve Molaro like he did during season 3 and order a break-up just to piss off the fans. There would be mass defections among the more casual fans who may not return. Not many folks watch light comedy to view characters in misery.

I agree and disagree with you. Your second paragraph is absolutely correct. I also agree that overall season 4 wasn't there best season. This was because I believe the Priya relationship went on too long.In regards to that seasons finale I don't see why everyone hates it so much. Penny admitted she screwed up breaking up with Leonard and Raj was mad with Leonard sleeping with his sister. Raj certainly found a way of getting even. You knew Raj/Penny wasn't permanent and it gave hope for the future for L/P. Some couples do stay together for long periods of time without getting married but I don't think L/P is one of them.

I agree, Penny and Leonard don't fit the the mold as a couple that would stay together for a long time unmarried, especially Leonard who wants to marry her yesterday. They seem to be very passionate when they are intimate and that would tell me that their relationship should be moving along faster not slowly like the writers have them going now.

I agree, Penny and Leonard don't fit the the mold as a couple that would stay together for a long time unmarried, especially Leonard who wants to marry her yesterday. They seem to be very passionate when they are intimate and that would tell me that their relationship should be moving along faster not slowly like the writers have them going now.
On the contrary SRAM, the L/P relationship has been moving at lightening speed during season 6. They have moved both Penny and Leonard closer together then ever before within one half of a season. After reading what Johnny said in his interview, I'm going to wait and see how the Valentine's Day episode unfolds. He didn't answer the interviewer's question with a smile for no reason. I still believe good things are still on the horizon for Penny and Leonard. :)

On the contrary SRAM, the L/P relationship has been moving at lightening speed during season 6. They have moved both Penny and Leonard closer together then ever before within one half of a season. After reading what Johnny said in his interview, I'm going to wait and see how the Valentine's Day episode unfolds. He didn't answer the interviewer's question with a smile for no reason. I still believe good things are still on the horizon for Penny and Leonard. :)

I guess when I think of their relationship, I think of it starting with season 3 to now. The breakup didn't really seem like a real breakup, it was just weird. After all for a breakup Penny didn't didn't seem to havea problem having sex with Leonard when she was dating Zak or sleeping with him when they went to the convention.