Leonard And Penny Shippers Thread (Possible Spoilers)

C-Trayne

I think thats what episode 8 is trying to start to fix though. This is something that both needed have happen. Leonard for his insecurities and Penny to finally get past her commitment issues. She hasn't actually loved anyone or at least said she loved anyone since Kurt and he caused her serious damage emotionally. Leaving her after four years, cheating on her, on again off again. Shes been afraid to attach herself to anyone again but now that she has whether by accident or not she knows she loves Leonard now and so does he. I think well start to see a change for the better in her character

However, what I do not like, is that they don't seem to be interacting them more after this ILY scene, and we have to wait so long.... "Make hay while the sun shines" is a saying, and I honestly think they should continue with more L/P interactions after this big moment!

I agree with your statment. But sitcoms are pretty notorious for this kind of thing. They'll have a big moment between two characters and by the next episode you'd never knew anything had transpired between the two if you had just started watching the show. This is done partially on purpose because it makes shows like it easier to sell in syndication where the episodes aren't necessarilly going to air in order.

untrustable gutter skank title she won having sex with raj

She didn't actually have sex with Raj. Granted she was going to but reallistically she had no moral obligation to Leonard in this scenario because he was in a relationship with Priya at the time and both her and Raj were single. Realistically Leonard can't really hold anything against either of them because of that fact. I'm actually glad that all of them have put that incident behind them. It actually shows a level a maturity.

• Like 1

She didn't actually have sex with Raj. Granted she was going to but reallistically she had no moral obligation to Leonard in this scenario because he was in a relationship with Priya at the time and both her and Raj were single. Realistically Leonard can't really hold anything against either of them because of that fact. I'm actually glad that all of them have put that incident behind them. It actually shows a level a maturity.

Agreed, but this "twist" was just a horrible idea. Yeah, they were both single and Leonard is with Priya but they couldn't go across the hall to her place - they had to do it IN HIS BED? That's just wrong and creepy on many levels, I don't care how drunk you are. About the only good thing that came out of that was Penny saying "Still can't talk to me?!" which was actually quite funny.

I'm glad they wrapped up that story the way they did - nothing really happened (at least for Penny, lol) and Leonard doesn't seem to be holding it against them. But still. Ew that they went there. Bad, bad choice by the writers IMO.

Personnally, i thought that the whole interaction between penny and raj was more of a boon on Raj's character than on Penny's. She was black out drunk spilling her heart out to Raj about how much she missed Leonard and how big a mistake it was to break up with him. She even siad she didn't want to have sex with Raj because they were friends but she was drunk and depressed, naturally she wants to find a guy to sleep with. Raj on the other hand decided to take advantage of the situation. He might have been drinking but he knew exactly what was going on and even after all Penny said he took her to Leonard's bed.

Bro code violoation here if i ever saw one. You don't go after a best friends ex without the okay man come on

• Like 3

I don't think one was more wrong than the other in that situation.....because we never saw who made the first move

But what I did'nt like was what happened in season 5 premier... Raj clearly remembered what happened that night..so he should have also remembered that Penny regretted breaking-up with Leonard......but Raj mentions that he and Penny are in love (kootrapenny lol) ... I get that it was for a joke...but it made no sense.... how can he remember only few things and forget the rest....

And how come Raj remembers everything but Penny does not???

I too agree that this entire idea was total BS..... the writers clearly recognized that..so the entire crappy fallout in season 5 premier

Edited by vasu

They had re-runs of the series this weekend starting witht the first episode and what really struck me was how much the Penny character has matured since the first show. Leonard has also changed and grown in his self confidence is notable, but IMO no one has changed as much as Penny.

Although Leonard has been successful with various women, I think that he still lacks self-confidence as far as women go because his ultimate goal is not to bed them but to have a long term loving relationship with a woman, and in that he has been less then successful up to this point. I think that we will see a much greater change in him now that Penny has come out and said that she loved him.

I am very interested in seeing just how Penny is going to handle it now that she has professed her love for Leonard. I think that it would be unrealistic if they just had her going back to business as usual as far as her relationship with Leonard. I think that this season especially they have portrayed Penny as someone who is actually frightened of her relationship with Leonard because by telling him that she loves him, and more importantly admitting it to herself, she is lowereing her defences and opening herself to possible pain. I believe that it is a huge step that she has done so. I am also very interested in seeing just how she is going to respond when she discovers how much Sheldon's grad student helper has the hots for Leonard. I don't see her just trying to constantly having sex with Leonard to put an end to it.

• Like 2

I really think if you look at the big picture, Penny loves Leonard and Leonard loves Penny. You could say they are soulmates. They are from two different social worlds and to be honest, Penny has had to make the greatest adjustment. Penny has also has made the effort to know them all as people and now they are her friends because they are good people and she is attracted to that. But Penny is Penny and Leonard has already told Sheldon he likes her the way she is, even with her flaws, and since he is the one who loves her isn't his opinion the one that counts. Penny is not perfect, except to Leonard, but she is certainly not a slut or bitch.

Leonard is the alpha male of their pack. Sheldon can only get things if he wines enough about them and drives everyone crazy. If anyone is a bitch or a diva, it is Sheldon. Leonard has gotten girls during the show, but not girls like Penny and a girl like Penny is what he wants, not a girl like himself. Leonard is smart but is an idiot witb things Penny is smart in and they sort of complete each other.

• Like 1

I really think if you look at the big picture, Penny loves Leonard and Leonard loves Penny. You could say they are soulmates. They are from two different social worlds and to be honest, Penny has had to make the greatest adjustment. Penny has also has made the effort to know them all as people and now they are her friends because they are good people and she is attracted to that. But Penny is Penny and Leonard has already told Sheldon he likes her the way she is, even with her flaws, and since he is the one who loves her isn't his opinion the one that counts. Penny is not perfect, except to Leonard, but she is certainly not a slut or bitch.

Leonard is the alpha male of their pack. Sheldon can only get things if he wines enough about them and drives everyone crazy. If anyone is a bitch or a diva, it is Sheldon. Leonard has gotten girls during the show, but not girls like Penny and a girl like Penny is what he wants, not a girl like himself. Leonard is smart but is an idiot witb things Penny is smart in and they sort of complete each other.

Very well said, I can't find anything in your post to argue so i'm just going to agree and build upon it haha. During the season five premier Amy talks about something called the "skank reflex." This i think didn't get very much attention because it seems to be a derogatory statement by amy basically calling Penny a skank or slut after "sleeping" with Raj. In reality tho this i an actual bodily function. It may not be called that always but when a person is feeling depressed or sad it is natural for the body to seek dopa-mine which is the chemical released during orgasm. So it is natural that while drunk and sad about losing Leonard, Penny would sub consiously seek this natural cure for her depression with the closest male she could find who just happened to be Raj and being drunk she was unable to fight those urges. I don't think this makes her a skank, on the contrary i think it helped to show us just how much Penny still cared about Leonard. And as i said before, made me start to dislike Raj a little more.

As you said Penny is changing and evolving emotionally and that has helped her get through some rough patches during her new relationship with Leonard. I think they both still have some growing to do but its nice to see things actually working out.

• Like 1

I just watched the original pilot and in the pilot the girl moved in with the guys. I so now want Penny to move in with them for several episodes. If that happened, Penny could not run away from Leonard, to her apartment, when they have conflict. It could advance them to talk out their problems, even when they have pillow talk at night. She would also drive Sheldon batshit-crazy, which would be so much fun. I could see it as a way to make Penny and Leonard closer and it would also be a way for the writers to see if the fans like Leonard and Penny living together before they make that permament decision themselves. They could so easily make it happen by having her apartment plumbing self destruct, and mess up the apartment(remember in episode #I her shower didn't work) and the landlord taking forever to fix it (like the elevator) so she has to live with the guys for 4-6 episodes until all is fixed.

Thats actually a really good idea. I feel like a lot of people are talking about proposals for this relationship but I feel like the living situation needs to be addressed first... where would they live if they got married? Your idea would be a good way for them to see if they could live together and how they might make it work. Plus it would be funny to see Sheldon and penny in the same apt haha

I've always pictured it as penny losing her job and being unable to afford her place so Leonard asks her to move in with them

I just watched the original pilot and in the pilot the girl moved in with the guys. I so now want Penny to move in with them for several episodes. If that happened, Penny could not run away from Leonard, to her apartment, when they have conflict. It could advance them to talk out their problems, even when they have pillow talk at night. She would also drive Sheldon batshit-crazy, which would be so much fun. I could see it as a way to make Penny and Leonard closer and it would also be a way for the writers to see if the fans like Leonard and Penny living together before they make that permament decision themselves. They could so easily make it happen by having her apartment plumbing self destruct, and mess up the apartment(remember in episode #I her shower didn't work) and the landlord taking forever to fix it (like the elevator) so she has to live with the guys for 4-6 episodes until all is fixed.

That original pilot was WAY, WAY out there!!. I can see why CBS was appalled.

Having Penny live with Sheldon and Leonard for a few episodes could be big fun and it would force them to resolve their issues quicker. What most likely is going to happen though, is Leonard moving in with Penny and taking over her finances (which are always a mess) and freeing her of being a waitress. There are some signs of this as Leonard is spending more scenes there and Penny wants more then ever to not work at a job she thinks she is "terrible" at. She also thinks Leonard doesn't want her to be a waitress but become a full time college student.

Edited by BangerMain
  • Like 1

Agreed, but this "twist" was just a horrible idea. Yeah, they were both single and Leonard is with Priya but they couldn't go across the hall to her place - they had to do it IN HIS BED? That's just wrong and creepy on many levels, I don't care how drunk you are. About the only good thing that came out of that was Penny saying "Still can't talk to me?!" which was actually quite funny.

I'm glad they wrapped up that story the way they did - nothing really happened (at least for Penny, lol) and Leonard doesn't seem to be holding it against them. But still. Ew that they went there. Bad, bad choice by the writers IMO.

You won't get any argument out of me on that. I thought it was in poor taste as well. But what it wasn't was a betrayal to Leonard from either Penny nor Raj. Actually them going there with that was largely Chuck Lorre's idea. When you actually read some of the interviews with Steve Malaro(one of the producers and writers) and Bill Prady(co-creator)you find out that the idea of it was an off hand joke that Lorre decided that they should actually do. Most of the writers were against it and from what I understand when the cast had the initial table read of the episode, Johnny, Kaley, and Kunal all didn't like that much either. But Lorre has final say.

When it comes to the original unaired pilot. The Katie character and how she was characterized was what Lorre really wanted and invisioned for the female lead. The fact that it got rejected and they had to go back to the drawing board and re-tweek it was something they did but given the kind of guy(Chuck Lorre)he is you can know he wasn't happy about having to make all the changes, specifically regarding the female lead. It doesn't strike me as a coincidence that when TBBT as we knew it became that solid hit that more and more of the characteristics that made Katie so unlikable started making there way into Penny's character. It allowed Chuck to come as close to having what he originally wanted as he was going to possibly get given how the show had evolved from the unaired pilot to the show it is now.

I'm just glad that a lot fans noticed and complained about that, enough that the shows writers had to even acknowledge that they blundered with Penny's character and are now taking the time to fix their mistakes. Lorre might not want to listen to the people on his staff but at least he isn't going to ignore the audience.

• Like 4

True, it was all about the scenes with Sheldon. They did a lot of that and they paid for it with the shenny phenomenon. Some fans thought she was going to end up with Sheldon, even I wondered in S2 what the heck they were doing. They really didn't think it through and had some repairs to do. I like where they are right now, they are more real. There were times in the past when they didn't make sense but this season has been very positive for L/P IMO.

So true.

The writers in the first two seasons stuck to the original premise of the show closely. Leonard was the rope in a tug of war between the Science/Nerd life, represented by Sheldon and the normal worlds delights, represented by Penny. The two meanings of the show's title "The Big Bang Theory".

For a good piece of the early episodes there was so much emphasis on the two antagonist, Sheldon and Penny and their battles and truces. It was funny most of the time with Penny showing Leonard just enough attention to keep his hope alive for her and Sheldon insulting that irritating and inferior girl in the apartment across the hall who was taking away the focus of his friend. Since Leonard's progress in his quest for Penny was two years in the making there was not a lot to show except the conflicts between S/P. That led to some folks thinking that S and P would be THE couple, which was never the intention of the creators.

I am glad to see we are now out of that territory and Sheldon is pretty much disinterested in doing battle with Penny anymore and accepts her, more or less as the "Leonard' victor. Besides he is now the "rope" in his own tug of war between his "old" self and Amy.

Edited by BangerMain
  • Like 1

You won't get any argument out of me on that. I thought it was in poor taste as well. But what it wasn't was a betrayal to Leonard from either Penny nor Raj. Actually them going there with that was largely Chuck Lorre's idea. When you actually read some of the interviews with Steve Malaro(one of the producers and writers) and Bill Prady(co-creator)you find out that the idea of it was an off hand joke that Lorre decided that they should actually do. Most of the writers were against it and from what I understand when the cast had the initial table read of the episode, Johnny, Kaley, and Kunal all didn't like that much either. But Lorre has final say.

Huh, I never knew that about most of the writers and cast not liking it. Thats really funny, makes sense though the scene is friggin stupid... I'm glad to see that they are going back and fixing these so we will hopefully be able to see some more progress in the relationship :)

I want both Penny and Leonard come to know about the things that they don't know about each other till now....

- Leonard was the reason Penny got her money back from Kurt

- Penny was jealous of Priya and that she suffered the entire time he was with her

- Penny thought of breaking up with him again (I'm not sure about this , but I still feel L should know about this)

- Penny was jealous of Alex

- Leonard asked her out the second time (100th episode) knowing that there is a possibility that it could end badly again

- Penny still has the snowflake with her

Are there any other things that they don't know about each other???

Edited by vasu
  • Like 2

I want both Penny and Leonard come to know about the things that they don't know about each other till now....

- Penny was jealous of Priya and that she suffered the entire time he was with her

- Penny thought of breaking up with him again (I'm not sure about this , but I still feel L should know about this)

- Leonard asked her out the second time (100th episode) knowing that there is a possibility that it could end badly again

It would be nice to have some of these play out on screen. Sadly this show doesn't do call-backs often.

I agree with a lot of the things you say need to be addressed, but not all. I think the writers are going to use Alex to help fix Penny. The text message from Alex at the end of 6.08 is a good indication they will have her return. If they use her right, she could bring up Penny's jealousy, her double standard with Leonard, how she felt with Priya and how she is scared and almost broke up with him again. It would probably have to be a confrontational event where she finds she is very wrong and runs off to cry, because that is what her character would probably do. Leonard would have to follow and then she would spill her guts sobbing.

Sheldon know about the money and Kurt and could spill it to Penny during a conversation, because we all know he can't keep secrets, they don't need to bring Kurt back.

The big thing that I think they need to do, if this is going to a believable relationship, is that Lenord and Penny need to talk to each other about their feelings like real people who are truely in love. That is why I was thinking she could move in with Leonard, so she has no where to run when a feeling issue comes up, like she has done before.

• Like 1

I agree with a lot of the things you say need to be addressed, but not all. I think the writers are going to use Alex to help fix Penny. The text message from Alex at the end of 6.08 is a good indication they will have her return. If they use her right, she could bring up Penny's jealousy, her double standard with Leonard, how she felt with Priya and how she is scared and almost broke up with him again. It would probably have to be a confrontational event where she finds she is very wrong and runs off to cry, because that is what her character would probably do. Leonard would have to follow and then she would spill her guts sobbing.

Sheldon know about the money and Kurt and could spill it to Penny during a conversation, because we all know he can't keep secrets, they don't need to bring Kurt back.

The big thing that I think they need to do, if this is going to a believable relationship, is that Lenord and Penny need to talk to each other about their feelings like real people who are truely in love. That is why I was thinking she could move in with Leonard, so she has no where to run when a feeling issue comes up, like she has done before.

I think this would be a great start :icon_biggrin:

I also want to see them work together on something. as a pair, say someone at school pisses penny off and the lenny face off with the agitator together. :icon_cool:

Right now I would just like them to act like a couple during the group scenes. If these were normal people, and based on Penny's character concerning affection, every scene they are in together from now on should have a kiss between them, if not two (one when they meet and one when they depart). Also they should hold hands and lean against each other. That is what normal people in a commited relationship do.

• Like 5

Right now I would just like them to act like a couple during the group scenes. If these were normal people, and based on Penny's character concerning affection, every scene they are in together from now on should have a kiss between them, if not two (one when they meet and one when they depart). Also they should hold hands and lean against each other. That is what normal people in a commited relationship do.

You said this perfectly... since they've been back together starting in season 5 I feel like we have seen very little romanticism between the two... if they aren't arguing or having sex then they're just kinda hang in out with the group. I want to see some actual interaction between the two. Cuddling, watching movie, kissing, etc. Basically everything u said a couple should be doing

• Like 1