Leonard And Penny Shippers Thread (Possible Spoilers)

C-Trayne

She said she wasn't going home for Thanksgiving one episode because her brother was going jail, like she usually does, so she asked the guys to have Thanksgiving with her and Sheldon made a fuss over cranberry sauce.

If she took Leonard he could meet all her crazy relatives.

Amy could have to drive Sheldon around while they're gone and so she stays in Leonard's room.

Yea but there was an episode where she was just getting back... the only thing I remember is Leonard asking "how was Nebraska?" And penny's response "better than south dakota!" Or something... that's the only time I know of her going home so it doesn't seem like a common occurence

She said she usually goes home for Thanksgiving.

Season 3, episode 4

Penny: So, what are you guys doing?

Howard: Celebrating Columbus Day.

Leonard: We’re watching Goonies, Gremlins and Young Sherlock Holmes. They were all written by Chris Columbus.

Penny: Okay. What do you watch on Thanksgiving?

Sheldon: The parade.

Penny: Oh, you know, that reminds me, I usually go back to Nebraska for thanksgiving, but this year they’re calling it off on account of my
brother’s trial.

Leonard: What’s he on trial for?

Penny: Oh, just a big misunderstanding. You know, you’d actually like my brother, he’s kind of a chemist. Anyway, I was thinking I’d have
thanksgiving here, and you are all invited.

OK, I liked the Leonard/Penny interaction in that episode. They were really acting like boyfriend/girlfriend the way they were kidding around. The scene where she asked Sheldon about having sex with Amy and her reaction was priceless.

• Like 3

Yea I agree although penny came off a bit bitchy with her first line I thought overall was pretty good.

I feel like her reaction to Sheldon's statement was a little overdone and is going to be skewed so the shennys say she was so excited because she wants Sheldon... idk

I think her character is being a little sarcastic but none of it seems to be taken seriously so I'm getting used to it. She has always been supportive of Amy getting some loving from Sheldon, so I can see her getting excited, and I really liked her grabbing and hitting Leonard, it was like she was saying can you believe this to him without saying a word.

• Like 1

True, it was a big moment for Shamy, Sheldon was very serious about his relationship with Amy.  That is why I thought Penny's response was not too much, if I hadn't seen the spoiler, I would have been a little shocked how Sheldon was acting too.

Waiting...waiting. Damn I wish this stuff was delivered for free and with no effort on the same schedule as the US. Bring on that world government.

Also can anyone tell me if an enthusiast has ever compiled a list of successful fan predictions and their makers? Not volunteering, mind you. Just asking.

And to go back to topic - when will we see a vacuuming scene? Like in the movie "Working Girl" with Melanie Griffith, maybe. Even if its just Leonard. The washing up just doesn't get my motor running quite as fast anymore.

Maybe for this sweeps thing?

Edited by Nogravitasatall

Waiting...waiting. Damn I wish this stuff was delivered for free and with no effort on the same schedule as the US. Bring on that world government.

Also can anyone tell me if an enthusiast has ever compiled a list of successful fan predictions and their makers? Not volunteering, mind you. Just asking.

And to go back to topic - when will we see a vacuuming scene? Like in the movie "Working Girl" with Melanie Griffith, maybe. Even if its just Leonard. The washing up just doesn't get my motor running quite as fast anymore.

Maybe for this sweeps thing?

I must be really dense, I don't really follow the vacuum thing??

OK, I liked the Leonard/Penny interaction in that episode. They were really acting like boyfriend/girlfriend the way they were kidding around. The scene where she asked Sheldon about having sex with Amy and her reaction was priceless.

They acted like a long term couple in this episode. The cold opening where Leonard states to Penny the value of a personalize action figure is one of their most important moments this season. Penny merely stares at Leonard with "that look" that freezes the blood of most married men and he knew that it did not matter what she actually said. Both Howard and Leonard knew immediately, he was out of the deal . Penny may have said it was OK with her but those two read the "look" and ignored her words.

Edited by BangerMain
  • Like 1

They acted like a long term couple in this episode. The cold opening where Leonard states to Penny the value of a personalize action figure is one of their most important moments this season. Penny merely stares at Leonard with "that look" that freezes the blood of most married men and he knew that it did not matter what she actually said. Both Howard and Leonard knew immediately, he was out of the deal . Penny may have said it was OK with her but those two read the "look" and ignored her words.

I've seen "that look" many times, usually followed by "if you really want to", stops you dead in your tracks and you go with your significant others wishes.

Yea even though I don't totally agree with the way she did it I think she was right to make Leonard see it wasn't the beat option... I mean 500 bucks for an action figure is a little absurd, I know she can't really talk about money since she has none but still, good move

Yea even though I don't totally agree with the way she did it I think she was right to make Leonard see it wasn't the beat option... I mean 500 bucks for an action figure is a little absurd, I know she can't really talk about money since she has none but still, good move

Really what she did was quite normal for a wife or someone in a good relationship. The "look" is a way of telling your SO that they are really doing something stupid, without getting all in their face. Really they were sort of acting like a married couple during the whole episode which says to me that they were doing good in their relationship. Also when Penny gave him the "look" he just accepted that they were sort of going overboard on the whole thing and in the end he even bragged that he was so smart listening to her.

500 bucks should not be a big deal for Leonard to spend.It is a big deal for Penny but Leonard is not a waiter.

I hate it that they show the guys as having to penny pinch.For a show which goes to great deal to keep the science authentic,this is a huge hole.

500 bucks should not be a big deal for Leonard to spend.It is a big deal for Penny but Leonard is not a waiter.

I hate it that they show the guys as having to penny pinch.For a show which goes to great deal to keep the science authentic,this is a huge hole.

The guys do spend a lot in the show though. The hardly ever cook, except Raj, and the only meal they seem to make themselves is breakfast, so they seem to spend a lot of money on restaurants, take out and lunch. They also don't seem to be short of money to buy rare comic books or action figures. They don't seem poor, they seem just to spend a lot and sometimes come up short.

Ya but Leonard and Sheldon split an apartment which Penny can afford by herself.So the rent must be nothing.Both of them would be making 6 figure salaries.They can eat takeout all the time and it would not make a dent. 

If they are splurging on comic books or action figures why would Leonard ask Raj and Howard how they can afford an action figure worth 500 dollars. The question is redundant.

I believe Penny's apartment is much smaller than the guys' : they have two bedrooms when she only has one; their living room looks much bigger so does their kitchen, etc. I would guess that Penny's place is about 1/3 the square footage of Sheldon and Leonard's. 

As for the money, it is absolutely true that 500 bucks should not be a big deal for Leonard which is why I do not think Penny had a problem with the cost of the object per se but with the object itself. She doesn't mind Leonard spending 500 dollars in general but she thinks the whole idea of getting an action figure in one's image is... pointless, to put it mildly. The 500 dollars only make it sillier, in her eyes I assume. 

Edited by Chiara
  • Like 1

And based on Penny's income, wouldn't she see spending $500 on something like a toy as more of a waste of money than someone with a higher income like Leonard, so her first impression would be that's a stupid thing to do.

• Like 1

Yeah but he didn't ask her if it was an economically sound purchase.  He basically asked her if it was cool.  I like how she did let him down gently but with the term of endearment and the "go ahead if you want to...but you really shouldn't" line...

• Like 2

I think they are funnier as a team then before when they were broke up. When ever they deal with Sheldon, they either team up against him when he is acting crazy or act as his parents when he is having problems. Plus when they take little digs at each other, its funny, but when they were broken up it sort of made me cringe sometimes. It was pretty funny Leonard telling Raj and Howard that he was happy Penny influenced him not to by the figure and now he could act smug.

• Like 3

And based on Penny's income, wouldn't she see spending $500 on something like a toy as more of a waste of money than someone with a higher income like Leonard, so her first impression would be that's a stupid thing to do.

Well, MY first impression is that it's a stupid thing to do. I know the guys buy lots of these Items, and you could argue that they're collectable and thus worth the money. However there's no such justification for spending $500 for a personalized action figure. I just had a thought, (and after it almost died of lonelyness it decided to express itself) Raj could take the 3-d printer to Stuart's store and charge for various items including action figures. Thus recouping the cost of the printer and drawing business to Stuart's store.

After Howard found out about it he could use that in future 'discussions' with Bernie.

Edited by eirwinrommel
  • Like 1

Well, MY first impression is that it's a stupid thing to do. I know the guys buy lots of these Items, and you could argue that they're collectable and thus worth the money. However there's no such justification for spending $500 for a personalized action figure. I just had a thought, (and after it almost died of lonelyness it decided to express itself) Raj could take the 3-d printer to Stuart's store and charge for various items including action figures. Thus recouping the cost of the printer and drawing business to Stuart's store.

After Howard found out about it he could use that in future 'discussions' with Bernie.

That just makes too much sense for the show. They could probably easily make $100 a figure if they made them of people in the comic book store.

Not only action figures, but personalized game miniatures for D&D and other games. Sheldon loves trains, so you can bet he has Rail Baron, Empire Builder. 1829, etc. he could have make train figures for all his games that use them. They'd be much smaller and at $10 to &20 each he'd probably snap them up.

I believe Penny's apartment is much smaller than the guys' : they have two bedrooms when she only has one; their living room looks much bigger so does their kitchen, etc. I would guess that Penny's place is about 1/3 the square footage of Sheldon and Leonard's. 

As for the money, it is absolutely true that 500 bucks should not be a big deal for Leonard which is why I do not think Penny had a problem with the cost of the object per se but with the object itself. She doesn't mind Leonard spending 500 dollars in general but she thinks the whole idea of getting an action figure in one's image is... pointless, to put it mildly. The 500 dollars only make it sillier, in her eyes I assume. 

Typically the cost difference between a 1 bedroom and a 2 bedroom apt in the same building next to each other is that the 2 bedroom apt is abt 50 percent more in rent. So Penny might be paying more than what Leonard and Sheldon are paying individually.Even if the rent is 100 percent more they are still paying what a waitress is paying.