The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
C-Trayne

Leonard And Penny Shippers Thread (Possible Spoilers)

Ya in season 3 we saw then together multiple times doing things u know a couple would do but now it feels like that's all been forgotten. I mean just the pillow talk was nice to see when they were together in the mornings just cuddling :)

• Like 1

What is weird is they are running reruns of season 3  tonight on TBS and Leonard and Penny are cuddling all the time.

I haven't been back to S3 in a while but I do remember seeing it a lot... would be nice to bring it back instead of just sex and conflict... here's hoping the lily changes that somewhat

On the living together I've always thought that the easiest arrangement would be to have Penny and Sheldon switch apts.. Sheldon has stated that he only has a room mate because he can't afford the rent by himself. If he switched he'd gain a cheaper apt. with the privacy he loves and at the same time he'd only have to move across the hall, so no big disruption in his life (compared to moving to a different building or getting a new room mate).

As for the ILY I hope that it improves the LP relationship but as we havent had any episodes since then (and it looks like no major LP action in the next two) we'll have to see.

By the end of the series I'd like to see LP married, with Penny becoming an employed actress and Leonard winning a Nobel Prize for an idea that Sheldon derided as nonsence. (Imagine how Sheldon would react)

Right now I would just like them to act like a couple during the group scenes. If these were normal people, and based on Penny's character concerning affection, every scene they are in together from now on should have a kiss between them, if not two (one when they meet and one when they depart). Also they should hold hands and lean against each other. That is what normal people in a committed relationship do.

The contrast between the way they were before the season three break up and S6 L/P 2.0  is stark. They act more like an old married couple now, while in S3 they were all over each other. Penny would touch Leonard all the time then and snuggle with him on the couch.

I guess you could say that a couple that has been "together" to varying degrees over five years may not need to act like a twosome in the first rush of love but it would be nice to see.

Edited by BangerMain
  • Like 1

That's an interesting way of looking at it. In a sense they have been together or at least around each other going on what six years now? So i guess in a way it does make sense that they aren't quite all over each other and as touchy feely as they used to be. That being said i think what a big part of it is, is that the few times we've seen them together this season (and i know this has been said but still) they have been in conflict.

-Episode 1, the awkward date where Leonard wants to know whats happening (obvious why theres no touching)

-Episode 2, Penny's thinking about ending it (obvious again)

-Episode 3, We see Alex but no real L/P interaction

-Episode 4, game night so still no alone action

-Episode 5, not bad we see them holding hands, but no couples costume (yes there was sex but I mean they always do that)

-Episode 6, conflict... what else to say college stuff

-Episode 7, we hardly see them

-Episode 8, ILY!

so i mean they really haven't had much chance to actually get some cuddles action in there. I hope they do decide to bring it back... at least a little bit

Edited by C-Trayne

Excellent point about season six. There was more L/P cuddling in one episode of season three than all of season six so far. And this is the big ILY season??? I really wonder what is going on with the writers and Chuck. I find it hard to believe this is just a coincidence, since the H/B and S/A relationships don't seem to have that problem. If they keep on this way, people will start to lose interest in the L/P relationship, but maybe that is the plan?

If I had to guess I'd say they are trying to build up for the future. The lack of touching or cuddling doesn't mean that they are falling apart. I think if anything we've seen them grow closer together overall. What I was hoping for was to see more of this touchy feelynessbAFTER the ily since u know... they're in love but alas, we have 3 episodes with no interaction at all... wtf?

I mean some could say they were building form something big like a move in, or proposal or something but in would like to see them address this first personally

I didn't know if we were allowed to reference spoilers, but after seeing 6.09, 6.10 and 6.11 my response was "WTF" too. Especially 6.11, because Penny loves Christmas, and how hard would it have been for writers to put them under mistletoe for 15-30 seconds for a kiss and maybe another ILY for us fans?

Oh right... I'm so used to just always looking ahead I always forget there are people who don't... I'll add it in the op or title or something so people know.

But your right I was very dissappinted by the "Christmas"episode. I pit that in quotes because well its not christmassy at all. I like your idea and it would not have been very hard to do or time consuming at all. Co e on writers throw us a freak in bone here

- She does not participate in the things he thinks are fun.

Penny is emotionally immature and I agree with most of your points except for this one.  I think she has done quite a bit of participating: 

She learned Halo, and then that role-playing video game.  

She agreed to play paint ball.  

She dressed up for the Halloween party at the comic book store.  

She tried to enjoy their anime movie the night that Sheldon was tossing chocolates at her.

She learned chess (and beat Leonard).

She used examples from sci fi movies when talking to Leonard and Sheldon on different occasions.

She knows the difference between Star Trek and Star Wars, even if she insists "There's NO difference!"

etc.

(Hi all - I've been lurking for a while and finally decided to dive in!)

This whole thing has me pretty frustrated because I really like the L/P relationship in the show. I have very mixed feeling on spoilers but since 6.08 I have been following them to see what is next with L/P. I'm to the point where I can't wait to see the 6.12 spoiler but I am concerned it is going to be a disappointment.

I feel ya on that one.  I was all excited cause i thought there was a taping yesterday but it was a day off >:I urg  at this point I'm dying to know what happens in 12 but like you I am afraid of disappointment.  At this point though i feel like they have to address it, to not would just be ridiculous after everything we've seen thus far.

Sorry didn't really want to ruin it for you.  Just a little frustrated in the way the writers are handling the Leonard and Penny relationship.

• Like 1

There is a great link, in the spoiler topic, to an interview with Kaley on the ILY scene. It seems that she was very emotionally involved in her character and she really had to keep herself from crying when they taped it. I guess her and Johnny took the scene very seriously and the first take was all they needed. There is also a spoiler in the interview about the next episode with a big L/P interaction so beware if you don't like spoilers.

Just checked that out... I loved the interview!  I can imagine how emotional everyone was during the scene, I mean after so long we finally hear the three little words that mean so much to these characters!  I can't wait to see how it plays out in the next ep... tuesday just can't come soon enough now haha

I will be really interested on how Leonard and Penny interface from now on. I am really hoping we get more of the season 3 type of interaction. I'm also hoping that Penny gets a few more acting jobs and Leonard helps her with that in some way. And to be greedy, I want more pillow talk scenes, holding hands and hugging.

Yea i agree with all of those.  I think... Well more I hope anyways that they use whatever happens with Alex in the future will be used to bring L/P closer together.  I think it will be good to see the shoe on the other foot for a change.  As long as its done in a positive way.

Also on your topic of Penny's acting career, I think at this point that part of the story is over to be honest.  She hasn't had a real gig yet like at all and shes not a very good waitress.  Thats why I'm leaning more to the "Penny loses her job and needs help" story line.  I don't think it would be surprising to see something like this happen then Leonard has to come to her aid to either help her keep her apartment or take her into his.  Either way I think it would be a good story arc.  OFC that probably wouldn't happen till end of S6 or S7.

Also i can agree with your want of more S3 scenes like pillow talk, and cuddling, and hand holding, etc.  It would be njice to see them doing things couples will do.

• Like 1

Yea i agree with all of those.  I think... Well more I hope anyways that they use whatever happens with Alex in the future will be used to bring L/P closer together.  I think it will be good to see the shoe on the other foot for a change.  As long as its done in a positive way.

Also on your topic of Penny's acting career, I think at this point that part of the story is over to be honest.  She hasn't had a real gig yet like at all and shes not a very good waitress.  Thats why I'm leaning more to the "Penny loses her job and needs help" story line.  I don't think it would be surprising to see something like this happen then Leonard has to come to her aid to either help her keep her apartment or take her into his.  Either way I think it would be a good story arc.  OFC that probably wouldn't happen till end of S6 or S7.

Also i can agree with your want of more S3 scenes like pillow talk, and cuddling, and hand holding, etc.  It would be njice to see them doing things couples will do.

========================================================================================================

yea, penny lifting some of the load for a change will help alot.

seeing them in a position that has them work as a team would be nice too. :icon_cool:

• Like 1

That is the right expression, "working as a team". Right now, even though they love each other, they still seem to be trapped in the initial awkward dating part of a relationship and never seem to be comfortable with each other.

What worries me about Penny losing her job and being dependent on Leonard, is that is one of the scenerios the Penny character is afraid of and this would really make her feel like a failure. If this were to happen they would have to put a positive spin on it, like she wants to go to college full time to reach her full potential and she starts doing well at it. It would be really cute if she really gets into college, but having her totally dependent on Leonard doesn't seem right for the Penny character. After all, where would she get money for shoes??

That's a good point and has been in the back of my mind as well if this is the way they decided to go.  They might be able to start it out as a depressing situation, where she doesn't know what shes gonna do when Leonard steps up offers her not only his help but puts the suggestion out there that maybe she should try taking a few more college classes.  It could turn into something special and actually draw them closer together and possibly be the key factor in getting them to live together since that is most likely the next hurdle the writers are going to have to face... that is once they finally get this stupid L/P/A triangle over and done with.

I am hoping they handle the L/P/A triangle properly where Penny learns something and Leonard & Penny become closer. I think they know that is the right way to go.

What worries me is that they could make Penny get mad at Leonard for being so naive about Alex and causing the whole situation. I am hoping in this case I am just being paranoid.

Yeah, Alex has become a sort of "Wild Card" in the show because her character is around the guys all the time and she is really cute. Raj is already in love with her and Penny & Amy don't trust her. It will be interesting what they do with her character.