Leonard And Penny Shippers Thread (Possible Spoilers)

i don't think that there is just the commitment issue that Penny have to solve but i think in the future that there will be more much problems and i don't know what will be it to happen to see. I'am afraid that you know that there is not enough time to resolve those problems from her and we get the worst thing happenned that there will be no marriage until season finale.

Yeah you all guys said and Penny was also said things got better but you know, imo things just got better to Penny's herself not to Leonard's. Like she is just kind of selfish in this relationship. Until now, i am just like still jealous with how Sheldon and Amy going in their relationship and they all make me surprised in a good way. The new Sheldon doesn't hesitate to call Amy that she is his girlfriend all the time and also it counts to the natural hug. The words for me, just like throw like I love you to Amy. 

And know, the things what we called better that Penny truely and shyly admitted her love to Leonard himself just once. That one she said love to Bernadetter, Amy, and Sheldon didn't count to much IMO. I just want more than " I L U" things come in natural way and i recall me that i am still don't impressed  the "I L U" just come only one time.

Okay, the last thing that i would wanna say that, things are going better with Leonard and Penny but things are going better, better, better with Sheldon and Amy than Lenny. I can not imagine that in the future that perhaps we see that Sheldon and Amy got their dream marriage first than Leonard and Penny. For me it is horrible you know. Sorry for the Shamy fans that i have being rude to all of you. But it is my true feelings.

Now, i just can say that now i am pretty pleased that there will be no breakup of Leonard and Penny, hopefully. But as old things say, you can not just to look to the past, you learn the lesson and get brave yourself, embrace and grab your future on your hand.

Sorry for the bad English and make you confused to get the whole point because English is not my native language.

Edited by dengel

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It would have been a bit hard for Leonard to compare Penny to his friends girlfriends, seeing as he fell for Penny in the first episode, prior to Bernadette or Amy ever appearing.  And who was it that

I think you are right. Penny's problem with Leonard is that, in spite of the fact she's known him for six years, she's still getting used to him as her SO. There are two likely reasons. First, her exp

Before I start off let me just say that I understand that not everyone is a fan of the romantics that seem to be taking place more and more as the new season progresses. I'm get it, everyone has their

i don't think that there is just the commitment issue that Penny have to solve but i think in the future that there will be more much problems and i don't know what will be it to happen to see. I'am afraid that you know that there is not enough time to resolve those problems from her and we get the worst thing happenned that there will be no marriage until season finale.

Yeah you all guys said and Penny was also said things got better but you know, imo things just got better to Penny's herself not to Leonard's. Like she is just kind of selfish in this relationship. Until now, i am just like still jealous with how Sheldon and Amy going in their relationship and they all make me surprised in a good way. The new Sheldon doesn't hesitate to call Amy that she is his girlfriend all the time and also it counts to the natural hug. The words for me, just like throw like I love you to Amy. 

And know, the things what we called better that Penny truely and shyly admitted her love to Leonard himself just once. That one she said love to Bernadetter, Amy, and Sheldon didn't count to much IMO. I just want more than " I L U" things come in natural way and i recall me that i am still don't impressed  the "I L U" just come only one time.

Okay, the last thing that i would wanna say that, things are going better with Leonard and Penny but things are going better, better, better with Sheldon and Amy than Lenny. I can not imagine that in the future that perhaps we see that Sheldon and Amy got their dream marriage first than Leonard and Penny. For me it is horrible you know. Sorry for the Shamy fans that i have being rude to all of you. But it is my true feelings.

Now, i just can say that now i am pretty pleased that there will be no breakup of Leonard and Penny, hopefully. But as old things say, you can not just to look to the past, you learn the lesson and get brave yourself, embrace and grab your future on your hand.

Sorry for the bad English and make you confused to get the whole point because English is not my native language.

Your english is pretty good, I can understand what you are saying.

I have a bad habit of only seeing the bad things in their relationship, so when good things happen, I have trouble seeing them.  I think the commitment problem has gone on too long, and I think the writers are delaying with the proposal plot now, so I agree with you, I think something else is going to happen.  I think the next problem they will use will be her job.  She will either do real well and be drawn away from Leonard by her success or do real bad and take her anger out on Leonard, like she has done with other things before. 

Also, I agree about Shamy, I think they will marry before Lenny.

I like the do well at acting angle for Penny. It continues the rehabilitation of Penny, and puts a different spin on the relationship in that Penny now has done something valuable and realized her dream. They could play out a variation on the "Goodbye Girl" plot, where Penny insists on getting married before she goes away on location, for example. Leonard couldn't ask due to the promise not to propose, and Penny's insecurity would play out in that she would be afraid that she'd lose Leonard if she was gone. It looks like Alex will be around as a recurring character, and that will always be a threat to her.

Well the valentine stuff with these two was pretty sweet and funny...and their relationship moved into more commited state

This whole season's arc about Penny's feelings towards Leonard ,... her thinking of breaking up , realizing the depth of her feelings when Alex hits on him , taking an interest in his work , ,comics and now she admits she can her marrying him one day....just shows that...

And yes last episode might tell us that it is still a long way but they both seem to be happy..

The last scene with these two was brilliant when Leonard realizes that she is very happy with where they are...

• Like 1

Leonard was awesome in this episode.  How he handled Penny was so good, I almost thought it was OOC at little.  He had confidence and he knew what he was doing, which surprised me for his character.  I hope his character is more like this in future episodes.  Penny even remarked he is getting better, except for the romance ninja, which was not really that bad, but she was at bitch all night, so what does she know, right.

• Like 1

Leonard was awesome in this episode.  How he handled Penny was so good, I almost thought it was OOC at little.  He had confidence and he knew what he was doing, which surprised me for his character.  I hope his character is more like this in future episodes.  Penny even remarked he is getting better, except for the romance ninja, which was not really that bad, but she was at bitch all night, so what does she know, right.

I think Penny warmed up to the idea of romance ninja by the end of the night and yes Leonard was awesome in this one...

And we even got to see a shy Penny .... ;)

Edited by vasu
  • Like 3

I see a big leap of maturity in the relationship.  Penny is still afraid of commitment, yes, - but in the past an evening like that would have broken them up.  She would have broken up feeling very vulnerable and scared.  Instead they talked about it, she said it straight out she's still afraid. Did not even occur to her to break up.  He was much more confident, and called her on it all.  Much progress, indeed.  It will be fun to see her eventually propose to him. lol

Leonard and Penny talking has been the big improvement in this season, to me. I think that is why the drama is good drama most of the time, because instead of her running away, she talks to him. This season is really becoming my favorite season.

• Like 2

I think they are taking these steps to address what u mentioned in an earlier post SRAM, I think too that something big may be in the works likely for the season finale. Whether it has to do with her job or living situation or whatever I think there is something in the works and we are seeing these improvements in the relationship SK they can work through it better and more couple-like than we have seen them handle other situations in the past

I like vasu's comment about seeing a shy Penny. I don't think we've ever seen that in the show, and is a sign she is letting her guard down. Leonard seems to have finally drilled down through all the layers to the little girl, and that and the talking things through are the best sign that this is going to work. Penny has always said she was never afraid of Leonard hurting her, but this season has show to me that she was lying to herself. She would leave Leonard before he got a chance to hurt her, I think. Now she's willing to work through the arguments, and let Leonard see her insecurities. This has happened at least twice, and Leonard has been able to calm the insecurities effectively. He isn't going to leave her, and I think she's actually starting to believe that. Further, she doesn't want him too, and she's quite afraid of that.

• Like 2

I agree with all of the last few posts. The next thing to happen I believe is Penny getting a new job. Although they had the episode of Penny not wanting Leonard to move in I really don't think that's much of an issue or a big deal. I can almost see Penny losing her job and being forced into doing something else. I don't see any proposal coming until her life is more in order and she is not working at the Cheesecake Factory.

• Like 1

I think they are taking these steps to address what u mentioned in an earlier post SRAM, I think too that something big may be in the works likely for the season finale. Whether it has to do with her job or living situation or whatever I think there is something in the works and we are seeing these improvements in the relationship SK they can work through it better and more couple-like than we have seen them handle other situations in the past

I think something big is coming too. What worries me is that things at the end of the season usually start out bad. I think this season has killed moving in together or a proposal. Her job and career are up for grabs though.

I agree with all of the last few posts. The next thing to happen I believe is Penny getting a new job. Although they had the episode of Penny not wanting Leonard to move in I really don't think that's much of an issue or a big deal. I can almost see Penny losing her job and being forced into doing something else. I don't see any proposal coming until her life is more in order and she is not working at the Cheesecake Factory.

I actually wouldn’t mind see this myself.  I think the Cheese Cake factory gig is kind of played out, so seeing her develop beyond that would be nice.

I however feel having her succeed as an actress is unbelievable; she never has really put much effort into it and seemed to mainly depend on her looks to get parts.  Well she is almost thirty (I know that’s not fair, but it still is true), so she actually would need some talent to get a break. 

Plus to be honest the whole acting thing came across as her childhood fantasy, versus a real goal.

But still she could go back to college, not in the sciences (don’t want to make her another Bernadette), but that still leaves a ton of things to study.

Or she could get a job that doesn’t require a degree, but has some upward mobility (I went through the Military and only have a two year degree, but I make a very good living now that I retired … granted that wouldn’t work for Penny, but it shows there are options besides collage). 

They are showing her evolving in the relationship department; now let’s see growth in something professional, something beyond the whole waitress hoping to be discovered thing.

Edited by Dbear12
  • Like 1

I think something big is coming too. What worries me is that things at the end of the season usually start out bad. I think this season has killed moving in together or a proposal. Her job and career are up for grabs though.

I think (am unkindly wishing for) S/A going in the blender this year. Tptb might upset the pattern by giving P/L a trip to Hawaii - just like the bradys. Hope they have the budget for location. Leonard in speedos. ;).

And Penny laid out the plan in the dialogue in the VD ep. They just have to play the funny till the end.

The thing is Penny is not shown as qualified for anything plus she has no drive to make anything of herself. So not sure how the writers can give her a career step up when they have shown her as good for nothing for 6 seasons.

• Like 1

In last seasons episode where Penny and Leonard went out to a movie, but it was not a date, Leonard told Penny several things he did with her just to get sex, that were never in episodes, like shopping.  The writers want us to believe they do a lot of things we never see in episodes.  We do know Penny goes to acting classes, and she is a bad singer, but the writers never implied that she was a bad actress.  She does say she goes to casting calls and she has even said once she was turned down because she was too midwestern.  Also when that other actress moved in above Leonard and Sheldon there was a sort of comparison between her and Penny.  So I don't think her acting is an issue, it is just that she hasn't had that lucky break yet.

In last seasons episode where Penny and Leonard went out to a movie, but it was not a date, Leonard told Penny several things he did with her just to get sex, that were never in episodes, like shopping.  The writers want us to believe they do a lot of things we never see in episodes.  We do know Penny goes to acting classes, and she is a bad singer, but the writers never implied that she was a bad actress.  She does say she goes to casting calls and she has even said once she was turned down because she was too midwestern.  Also when that other actress moved in above Leonard and Sheldon there was a sort of comparison between her and Penny.  So I don't think her acting is an issue, it is just that she hasn't had that lucky break yet.

A lot of times something like acting depends on a lucky break, timing, connections, or a certain moral flexibility. Penny may be a good actress, if the future episode where she's going to be in Streetcar is an indication, and this may turn out to be her lucky break. She may also be a good actress who never makes it through no fault of her own. As for doing a lot of things not seen in the episodes, of course they do... the episode only covers 20 minutes a week of their lives, unless a good part of the 20 minutes is spent in exposition there's no way we could know everything that goes on. They only mention the important stuff. For instance in the last episode Leonard said he proposes a lot. I only recall him proposing once (5-23) before the half attempt at the restaurant. Obviously if he proposes 'a lot', there must have been other off screen events.

Edited by eirwinrommel

A lot of times something like acting depends on a lucky break, timing, connections, or a certain moral flexibility. Penny may be a good actress, if the future episode where she's going to be in Streetcar is an indication, and this may turn out to be her lucky break. She may also be a good actress who never makes it through no fault of her own. As for doing a lot of things not seen in the episodes, of course they do... the episode only covers 20 minutes a week of their lives, unless a good part of the 20 minutes is spent in exposition there's no way we could know everything that goes on. They only mention the important stuff. For instance in the last episode Leonard said he proposes a lot. I only recall him proposing once (5-23) before the half attempt at the restaurant. Obviously if he proposes 'a lot', there must have been other off screen events.

It's not even 20 minutes (I know what you mean, but it's even worse than the 20 minute slice of life.) Leonard and Penny were on screen for less than six minutes TOTAL, for the episode. My daughter made all sorts of contacts in theatre, simply because a couple of shows were done in a regional theatre here in our area, prior to going to Broadway, and they wanted to use some local people to fill out the casts, instead of flying chorus in from out of town. This has helped her get some parts and it's only because the producers of those shows decided to do them here, instead of somewhere else. If not for that, my daughter may not be working on her career right now. Another thing I want to address is that Penny has to be some big star to be a success. Carol Ann Susi has made quite a decent living doing what she's been doing (guest staring roles, voice work, etc), and she's not all that well known, and hardly known by sight. My daughter is on the verge (eight years in, six years after her first show) of being able to support herself pretty well by doing 4-5 theatre shows a year, along with voice over work, vocal work (basically singing), giving vocal lessons and commercials.

I noticed that they managed to show Penny and Leonard enjoying being together between the dramas in the Valentimes day ep. During dinner at home and dinner out you could see that they make each other laugh. Not a big thing, but its nice to see that and think that is their baseline. And they still progressed the story while showing that.

• Like 1

The thing is Penny is not shown as qualified for anything plus she has no drive to make anything of herself. So not sure how the writers can give her a career step up when they have shown her as good for nothing for 6 seasons.

The writers have until the end of the show, about 3 1/2 season assuming a 10 season finale, to address why Penny is afraid of marriage. That should be more than enough time to get Penny a degree, better job, or acting gig.

I noticed that they managed to show Penny and Leonard enjoying being together between the dramas in the Valentimes day ep. During dinner at home and dinner out you could see that they make each other laugh. Not a big thing, but its nice to see that and think that is their baseline. And they still progressed the story while showing that.

I sort of got out of it that they had an arguement, no big deal.  The big deal was about her telling him about how she felt about them and their future and him telling her OK, I don't want to pressure you anymore so you take the next big step and I'll wait.  It also happens to take the pressure off the writers to move them along in their relationship.

• Like 1

I sort of got out of it that they had an arguement, no big deal.  The big deal was about her telling him about how she felt about them and their future and him telling her OK, I don't want to pressure you anymore so you take the next big step and I'll wait.  It also happens to take the pressure off the writers to move them along in their relationship.

Yeah, I think the writers have done really well this season and have more or less finished fixing Penny. i see the next shows, seasons like new chapters.

Lets wish them a trip to the tropics for the break. They surely get some vacation time. Pre-honeymoon. they cam make jokes about that.

You know that is really a good idea, if they could do a couple episodes out of the studio, like in Las Vegas or Hawaii, that would be awesome, unfortunately it probably won't happen.