Leonard And Penny Shippers Thread (Possible Spoilers)

C-Trayne

Speaking of the original Test Pilot, I can't find a current working video of Unaired Version.  

DOES ANY ONE HAVE A WORKING LINK OF THE TEST PILOT???????

http://www.1channel.ch/external.php?title=The+Big+Bang+Theory&url=aHR0cDovL2ZpbGVudWtlLmNvbS84dm9idHBpNGlyejk=&domain=ZmlsZW51a2UuY29t&loggedin=0

Just click 'free' and then play. There may be some popups but they're harmless.

I noticed something interesting about Leonard. Apparently Leonard started college when he was around 15.

In episode 1-9 Leonard says to Sheldon.

Maybe I didn’t go to college when I was eleven like you, maybe I got my doctorate at 24 instead of 16, but you are not the only person who is smarter than everyone else in this room. No offense. And I am clearly not the only person who is tormented by insecurity and has an ego in need of constant validation.

In episode 6-6 Leonard and Penny are talking.

Penny: Thank you. Now behave yourself and eat your dinner. Maybe later, if you’re lucky, you get to sleep with a college girl.

Leonard: Really? ‘Cause I went to four years of college and five years of grad school, that never happened once.

Edited by eirwinrommel

What happened was after season three when the ratings initially went through the roof and the creators/writers knew they were going to get more seasons out of the show. Chuck Lorre started to put more of his original vision for Penny's character back when she was Katie back into the character.

The Penny we met in the pilot was not the character Lorre originally envisioned or wanted. He wanted the character to be much harder, like the character of Katie that can be seen in the unaired pilot that was rejected by the network. When the show really took off in season three ratings wise and Chuck knew that they were going to get more season. With season four he started sneaking his original vision back into Penny and having her behave much more roughly then we had in the past. Season four is also when we started seeing her drink more and when they really started to embellish on her sexual history and proclivity.

Granted this didn't sit too well with the audience and they've been trying to fix her character a bit, but at this point some of damage is permanent I think.

Only with either the Moral Majority or those with no sense of humour or forgiveness. The show has not been harmed. IMO

Edited by Nogravitasatall
  • Like 2

Leonard and Penny are sure working as a team in that episode.  Yeah team Hofstadter!

Leonard showing what he brings to the table. Imagine one of the donors (4-15) absentmindedly signing a donation check to the university while drooling over Penny.

• Like 1

Leonard showing what he brings to the table. Imagine one of the donors (4-15) absentmindedly signing a donation check to the university while drooling over Penny.

You mean respectfully distracted by... I m sure :)

Edited by Nogravitasatall
  • Like 3

Huh! Interesting...but I'm willing to bet it's a continuity error. If Leonard started college at 15 I have to think it would have come up.

Sheldon was astonished that it took Penny 4 years to complete high school, so it's probable that Leonard graduated a year early.  That, plus a late birthday (when is Leonard's birthday?) would have made him 16 at graduation.

i will be interesting to see how the plot is written regarding the break between seasons. Twice they've written in a three month lapse of time. Three times the plot picked up with little or no break, sometimes within minutes of the previous season. The thing that got me thinking about this was the timeline for sex in Leonard and Penny 2.0. They start dating and hold off for four months. They start having sex right at the end of Season 5, which gets derailed with the ill-timed proposal. Season 6 picks up within days of the last episode of Season 5, with Howard in space. Penny and Leonard have sex again in the second episode of Season 6. After that, the relationship accelerates to where we are now. I don't remember the typical length of ISS missions, but Howard wouldn't have been up there for a long term mission, since was just a engineer with minimal astronaut training. Basically just enough to survive the trip.

What I find funny is the shenny's need to twist things into their preconceived notions of what is happening. the funniest example is back in 6.02 (The Decoupling Fluctuation), where the girls are sitting around opening the wedding presents, and Penny gets up, and goes to the kitchen to get the bottle of wine. I've seen shenny's claim that the reason Penny got up was because she didn't like how Amy had a four year plan to marry Sheldon, so she didn't have to hear it. Yet, if you look at the scene, Penny is up and walking before Bernadette asks Amy about marrying Sheldon, and Penny is in the kitchen before Amy even starts talking.

OMG thats so crazy *LOL* how could they not notice that *LOL* I thought they´re paying attention but apparently they didn`t do it in this episode. I seriously never ever get how those people twist every single scene with them  (Penny/Sheldon) and think they´re is love  *LOL*  Even Sheldon said to Penny in the same episode (Episode 2 of Season 6): " Don`t hurt my friend."  ( with the friend he meant Leonard of course)That was so sweet! Since that day Sheldon proved that he really likes Leonard as a friend *awww*

Sorry I wondered from the subject here.

Back to Penny/Leonard: I love these two this season! Their relationship really grew.

i will be interesting to see how the plot is written regarding the break between seasons. Twice they've written in a three month lapse of time. Three times the plot picked up with little or no break, sometimes within minutes of the previous season. The thing that got me thinking about this was the timeline for sex in Leonard and Penny 2.0. They start dating and hold off for four months. They start having sex right at the end of Season 5, which gets derailed with the ill-timed proposal. Season 6 picks up within days of the last episode of Season 5, with Howard in space. Penny and Leonard have sex again in the second episode of Season 6. After that, the relationship accelerates to where we are now. I don't remember the typical length of ISS missions, but Howard wouldn't have been up there for a long term mission, since was just a engineer with minimal astronaut training. Basically just enough to survive the trip.

Most astronauts stay on the ISS for a minimum of 3 months, simply because they don't have transportation going up and down more frequently than that, especially with the space shuttle retired.

Leonard's birthday is late April or May, since the only mention of it I recall was the surprise party Penny threw him in the penultimate episode of Season 1. Still, a Ph.D. by 24 is most impressive.

I thought that this was part of the initial premise - both prodigies - but Sheldon the more marked and extreme. It has perhaps been lost for Leonard as TPTB made him more relatable. Maybe now they have worked through most of the relationship issues perhaps this will come more to the fore in the future. Like that moment in the Holographic Excitation when Penny goes wow about Leonard's brain. It complements Leonard going wow about Penny's looks. TPTB should add more of those moments.

Most astronauts stay on the ISS for a minimum of 3 months, simply because they don't have transportation going up and down more frequently than that, especially with the space shuttle retired.

So between Season 5 and 6 you have a month or so between episodes in show time. Howard came back ten days or so later than planned in mid-late October, so we don't have a three month lapse, but they didn't pick up right away. Leonard's bedroom proposal extended the beta test by months then.

Another reason to wonder about this timeline stuff over the season break is that the last episode can strongly control what happens in the first episode of the next season. This year, and in Season 3 to 4 it didn't really matter, as there wasn't anything hanging or predefined. They could pick up more or less where ever they wanted to. In other seasons, the first episode had to deal with the cliffhanger of the last. Regardless of which way they go, it will be interesting this time.

I thought that this was part of the initial premise - both prodigies - but Sheldon the more marked and extreme. It has perhaps been lost for Leonard as TPTB made him more relatable. Maybe now they have worked through most of the relationship issues perhaps this will come more to the fore in the future. Like that moment in the Holographic Excitation when Penny goes wow about Leonard's brain. It complements Leonard going wow about Penny's looks. TPTB should add more of those moments.

Your post made me realize that rarely does Penny fuss about her looks, or trade on them much. It is almost as if she were unaware. While Leonard helps her out financially, it never has even a hint of gold digger about it. If anything, quite the opposite, as she seems embarassed to need the money. It also seems that even now Leonard spend nothing on her to speak of, only covers what would seem to be essentials. If anyone can think of examples of Penny making a deal about her looks, please remind me. It just seems to me that this upcoming episode is surprising that she would whip out her quite stunning looks as a weapon, not that I will mind in the least! The only person to make much about her looks recently has been Amy, although Leonard is certainly aware as we saw in the Bakersfield episode.

Your post made me realize that rarely does Penny fuss about her looks, or trade on them much. It is almost as if she were unaware. While Leonard helps her out financially, it never has even a hint of gold digger about it. If anything, quite the opposite, as she seems embarassed to need the money. It also seems that even now Leonard spend nothing on her to speak of, only covers what would seem to be essentials. If anyone can think of examples of Penny making a deal about her looks, please remind me. It just seems to me that this upcoming episode is surprising that she would whip out her quite stunning looks as a weapon, not that I will mind in the least! The only person to make much about her looks recently has been Amy, although Leonard is certainly aware as we saw in the Bakersfield episode.

I'm cute , I get by.

In The Santa Simulation (6-11) Penny, wearing the same dress says during the fashion show:

And I, myself am wearing a little number that got me out of two speeding tickets and jury duty.

So she knows she looks good, she just doesn't usually dress that way. For instance contrast the little black dress.

http://www.spoilertv...0-tenure_1.html

With how she dressed when she visited Leonard in his lab.

http://images.search.yahoo.com/images/view;_ylt=A0PDoX1FiltRYFQAsGWJzbkF;_ylu=X3oDMTBlMTQ4cGxyBHNlYwNzcgRzbGsDaW1n?back=http%3A%2F%2Fimages.search.yahoo.com%2Fsearch%2Fimages%3Fp%3D%2522big%2Bbang%2Btheory%2Bseason%2B6%2Bepisode%2B5%2522%26n%3D30%26ei%3Dutf-8%26y%3DSearch%26fr%3Dyfp-t-644%26tab%3Dorganic%26ri%3D20&w=2000&h=1333&imgurl=newsmanone.files.wordpress.com%2F2012%2F10%2Fkaley-1.jpg&rurl=http%3A%2F%2Fnewsmanone.wordpress.com%2F2012%2F10%2F25%2F5-sentence-review-of-the-big-bang-theory-season-6-episode-5%2F&size=685.5+KB&name=sentence+review+of+%E2%80%98The+Big+Bang+Theory%E2%80%99+Season+6%2C+Episode+5+...&p=%22big+bang+theory+season+6+episode+5%22&oid=bddbe994110b85055bdd0a2a1febe2d5&fr2=&fr=yfp-t-644&tt=sentence%2Breview%2Bof%2B%25E2%2580%2598The%2BBig%2BBang%2BTheory%25E2%2580%2599%2BSeason%2B6%252C%2BEpisode%2B5%2B...&b=0&ni=140&no=20&ts=&tab=organic&sigr=137fkuveq&sigb=14dk2kr3e&sigi=11i7dil8j&.crumb=R8GxJ9FzXJZ

I thought she looked somewhat matronly when she visited Leonard.

BTW notice that the picture is a shot made during the taping, not an on the air still. You can see the rod, (that was CGI'd out for on the air) holding up the ball.

Edited by eirwinrommel
  • Like 1

In The Santa Simulation (6-11) Penny, wearing the same dress says during the fashion show:

And I, myself am wearing a little number that got me out of two speeding tickets and jury duty.

So she knows she looks good, she just doesn't usually dress that way. For instance contrast the little black dress.

http://www.spoilertv...0-tenure_1.html

With how she dressed when she visited Leonard in his lab.

http://images.search.yahoo.com/images/view;_ylt=A0PDoX1FiltRYFQAsGWJzbkF;_ylu=X3oDMTBlMTQ4cGxyBHNlYwNzcgRzbGsDaW1n?back=http%3A%2F%2Fimages.search.yahoo.com%2Fsearch%2Fimages%3Fp%3D%2522big%2Bbang%2Btheory%2Bseason%2B6%2Bepisode%2B5%2522%26n%3D30%26ei%3Dutf-8%26y%3DSearch%26fr%3Dyfp-t-644%26tab%3Dorganic%26ri%3D20&w=2000&h=1333&imgurl=newsmanone.files.wordpress.com%2F2012%2F10%2Fkaley-1.jpg&rurl=http%3A%2F%2Fnewsmanone.wordpress.com%2F2012%2F10%2F25%2F5-sentence-review-of-the-big-bang-theory-season-6-episode-5%2F&size=685.5+KB&name=sentence+review+of+%E2%80%98The+Big+Bang+Theory%E2%80%99+Season+6%2C+Episode+5+...&p=%22big+bang+theory+season+6+episode+5%22&oid=bddbe994110b85055bdd0a2a1febe2d5&fr2=&fr=yfp-t-644&tt=sentence%2Breview%2Bof%2B%25E2%2580%2598The%2BBig%2BBang%2BTheory%25E2%2580%2599%2BSeason%2B6%252C%2BEpisode%2B5%2B...&b=0&ni=140&no=20&ts=&tab=organic&sigr=137fkuveq&sigb=14dk2kr3e&sigi=11i7dil8j&.crumb=R8GxJ9FzXJZ

I thought she looked somewhat matronly when she visited Leonard.

Oh Yes. Penny can be smoking hot when ever she wants to be and she most definitely knows this. It's the reason she left Nebraska to come to Hollywood. She normally dresses casually now with out the shorts and tank tops of season 1 and 2. She is more conservative in her everyday fashion now that she is settling down with Leonard but she can still bring the heat when she feels like it. :icon_lol:

Edited by BangerMain
  • Like 1

Only with either the Moral Majority or those with no sense of humour or forgiveness. The show has not been harmed. IMO

I'm taking about Penny, not the show as a whole.

I'm taking about Penny, not the show as a whole.

Fair enough  - I should have written character. But without rehashing the whole Penny thing  - which has been done to death not that long ago -  I cant see how the character can be "damaged". Certainly in the show her cohort are unaffected and the love of her life has never cared a jot.

If you are saying the audience thinks less of her in an ongoing sense, then i am saying they might want to get used to the idea that people are imperfect. She has never been malicious, she was nice to Priya and made accommodation for Leonard while it devastated her; and people do drink. Its just because she departed from a stereotype that she gets opprobrium, I think. One should not  get one's role models from popular entertainment. Look to ones parents or carers. They are there 24/7, TBBT is only 21 minutes.

Also maybe I can make an argument that the character was more a victim of the retooling of the show to give it legs for 6+ seasons, rather than being based on the model from the pilot. There is a similarity but how do you leave the door open to retain the premise of "our babies..." without going the partner swapping or blow-in lovers route that HIMYM and Friends went. How would I have felt about if she had actually gone through all the boys or  had long hook ups with drop-in characters - not so good I'd say - and the reunion would have been less heartfelt IMO.

And she suffered for it - not one else was harmed.

Jeez I got wordy. Just my view on this.Maybe I should have posted this on the Penny thread.

But I reiterate, Leonard never did anything but continue to care about her. - and I think that is how we need to read the character.

cheers..

• Like 2

I did not know that about you.

Just like Penny :)

I did not understand what you were trying to imply...   :blush: 

I was just replying to hammerman55's post about when has Penny made a deal about her looks

In episode 4.02 she says "I'm cute, I get by" when Leonard asks how can she go around with no money.  

What is nice about Penny is that she is not too full of herself. She knows she is cute and perky and looks beautiful when she gets dressed up, but she still appreciates compliments doesn't really use it to control the guys. If anything, they are the only ones she can be herself around (now the girls too).

• Like 1

I did not understand what you were trying to imply...   :blush: 

I was just replying to hammerman55's post about when has Penny made a deal about her looks

In episode 4.02 she says "I'm cute, I get by" when Leonard asks how can she go around with no money.  

Nogra was making a joke. You used the quote "I'm cute, I get by" from Penny, and Nogra indicated that the quote was about you, by implying that Nogra didn't know you were cute. I'm quite sure that Nogra is aware of the origin of the quote.