Leonard And Penny Shippers Thread (Possible Spoilers)

C-Trayne

Penny will be instrumental in getting Sheldon to grow emotionally. Sometimes that will probably be in collusion with

Amy and other times not. Again lots of comedy to mine there over the next few seasons.

As far as Sheldon goes ? I kind of expect him in the fictional world of the Big Bang Theory to crack something

that's outside string theory. Which to be fair is a mere idea backed up with some flimsy mathematics. Until they

get to grips with the Higgs Boson and other fundamental particles string theory won't be proved one way or the other.

Penny will be instrumental in getting Sheldon to grow emotionally. Sometimes that will probably be in collusion with

Amy and other times not. Again lots of comedy to mine there over the next few seasons.

As far as Sheldon goes ? I kind of expect him in the fictional world of the Big Bang Theory to crack something

that's outside string theory. Which to be fair is a mere idea backed up with some flimsy mathematics. Until they

get to grips with the Higgs Boson and other fundamental particles string theory won't be proved one way or the other.

Shamy has Penny as their biggest cheerleader, so yes, I can see this happening.  But I have to wonder where is Lenny support system.  Where is Leonard support system.  Leonard mostly take care of both Penny and Sheldon and I thinks it time both step up to the plate for him.  I know Penny has gotten a little better at being their for Leonard.  I am tired of the one sided friendship of L/S and I do agree that Leonard has allow this to happen. I think as someone that has been bullied his whole life Leonard has decided sometime it's better to let things go in order to avoid the fight knowing he can't win.

Edited by ArmyGirl
  • Like 2

I think the thumb will be on the scales, against Leonard, for most of the time. They can't beat up Sheldon a lot, because its too easy and he can't look like too much of a loser or his appeal will suffer. Leonard is the resilient one who can take the beatings and come back for more. And now he has Penny clearly in his corner, so they may give him more punishment in other dimensions. Highs and lows. Right up until the end.

• Like 1

Hello, new to the site.

Big Lenny fan with Leonard my favorite character, then Penny.

I have been reading this thread and I wonder why some want Leonard to be off canvas when Season 7 begins.  I mean it's not like he gets that much airtime as is.  Why should Sheldon growth come at the expense of Leonard?  Why should Penny have to walk Sheldon though any of his growth?

Personally, I want the season to begin with Penny maybe picking up Leonard at the airport or something to take effect. 

I want the writers to give Leonard a good storyline that isn't about babysitting Sheldon.  I want the writers to stop pushing Leonard to the side and give JG something to work with.

welcome-glad you came to join us

The problem with expecting Penny to act as a mother figure and give Sheldon some tough love is that it hasn't happened in the past.

Season 3 episode 7 The guitarist amplification

Penny: Oh, my God, would you let this go?!

Stuart: I’d let it go.

Leonard: Why should I let it go? Why don’t you just tell the guy to find another place to sleep? (Sheldon turns on a loud toy robot) Oh, for God’s sakes. So, you have childhood issues, we all have childhood issues, at some point, you just need to grow up and get past them. (Sheldon turns on another robot)

Penny: Leonard, will you just let me handle this, please? Look, let’s just… Sheldon, please, try and understand. Look, Leonard and I are in a relationship, and occasionally, we’re going to fight. But no matter what happens between us, we will always love you. Right, Leonard?

Leonard: Always is a long time. Sure. Always.

Penny: You know, how about we buy you this robot, and then we all go home?

Sheldon: I want that one.

Penny: Okay, you can have that one.

Leonard: Oh, come on, he’s just going to play with it twice, and then it’ll end up in his closet with all the other junk.

Penny: Buy him the robot, Leonard.

Sheldon: Can I get this comic book, too?

Penny: Yes, you can.

Not much tough love there. and it was Leonard who wanted to stand up to Shedon.

In Season 4 episode12: the Bus Pants Utilization

Sheldon: I call for a vote of no confidence and an immediate change in leadership.

Leonard: Oh Sheldon, stop it.

Sheldon: When in the course of human events, it becomes necessary to dissolve the bonds that tie three competent scientists together…

Leonard: That’s enough, Sheldon.

Sheldon: All right, let’s get right to the vote. Show of hands all those opposed to Leonard and his reign of tyranny.

Leonard: Okay, that’s it, you’re fired.

Sheldon: Really? Why?

Leonard: Because you’re impossible to work with.

Sheldon: I see. And is that open for discussion?

Leonard: What are you doing?!

Sheldon: Playing the theremin.

Leonard: No. I mean, what are you doing with a theremin?

Sheldon: Playing it. I’ve loved the theremin from the first moment I heard the original Star Trek theme. And it’s been killing me that it just sits in my closet, gathering dust.

Leonard: Sheldon! We’re working here!

Sheldon: That’s all right. I can barely hear you over my theremin. (Leonard pulls out plug) Well, that was a little uncalled for.

Leonard: No, that was completely called for. We need quiet.

Sheldon: So, your project is more important than mine?

Leonard: Well, seeing as your project is to sabotage my project, yes.

Sheldon: Don’t beat around the bush, Leonard. If you don’t want me here, just say the word, and I’ll leave.

Scene: The hallway.

Sheldon: Could have beaten around the bush a little.

Unfortunately Leonard is inconsistent in standing up to Sheldon

Edited by eirwinrommel
  • Like 1

Leonard and Penny were so good together tonight. They kid around with each other and don't get mad at each other, it is so nice watching them together. There is no awkward moments any more were you are feeling there is going to be drama. I like how she said she was passionate about him too.

• Like 4

Well, Penny's statement about being passionate about Leonard and his friends is pretty big.  There is still the issue of her lack of passion about most anything else.  It still seems like she just isn't motivated about much.  I don't think we've ever seen her really chasing the actress dream, have we?  To her credit, at least she works a regular job.  I guess it could be worse.  I still root for Penny and Leonard to ride off into the sunset together but she's got a ways to go, in my view, to be a long term acceptable partner for Leonard.  I know he's totally infatuated with her (I totally understand that feeling), but we all know that in the real world there are aspects to her personality that could grate on Leonard down the road, once they tie the knot.  But tonight at least there is some introspection on her part, an awareness that Leonard and the others have something that's missing in her life.  That's also the first step in her recognizing that maybe, just maybe, she's not superior to them (which seem to have been her viewpoint in the past).

I can't see that they are going to have Leonard out of the show for any part of next season.  In real time, there will be a 4 month period if he goes overseas before whatever happens that brings him home.  On that basis I can't envision that they would use Season 7 episodes to explore Penny mothering Sheldon in Leonard's absence.  Leonard is too central to the core of the show (IMHO).

Did it bother anyone else at how easy it was for Penny to tell Sheldon she love him.  Yet, it took 6 freaking years for Penny to tell Leonard she loves him (remember the plate of chilli cheese fries...).  Yes, I know it's a different type of love ... I guess what is truly bothering me is that I don't trust the writers especially after the Penny/Raj thing.

Now with some wanting Leonard to be off canvas so that Penny can hand hold Sheldon though his so call growth, they could go anywhere with it.  We all know the only character the writers truly care about is Sheldon and they didn't have a problem of also destroying Penny in the 3rd and 4th seasons. 

I just don't trust the power that be!

• Like 1

Now with some wanting Leonard to be off canvas so that Penny can hand hold Sheldon though his so call growth, they could go anywhere with it.  We all know the only character the writers truly care about is Sheldon and they didn't have a problem of also destroying Penny in the 3rd and 4th seasons. 

How exactly do you mean, destroyed. We've had some very long and fruitful discussions about this and I'd be interested to hear what you believe is how she was destroyed.

Hi Tensor.

IMO Penny became a mean girl and she was all over the map. It was really hard to understand where Penny was at in life be it in regards to how she felt about Leonard, her life, her dreams.  I hope you can understand what I am trying say.  I got a little upset with the writers tonight where Penny was concern.

• Like 1

Hi Tensor.

IMO Penny became a mean girl and she was all over the map. It was really hard to understand where Penny was at in life be it in regards to how she felt about Leonard, her life, her dreams.  I hope you can understand what I am trying say.  I got a little upset with the writers tonight where Penny was concern.

Hey Armygirl,

Actually, I can understand your position, I just don't agree with it totally. I was just wondering about your take as we've had a some people claim that Penny was destroyed in season four because she became rather slutty, but there really isn't any evidence for it.

Edited by Tensor

Did it bother anyone else at how easy it was for Penny to tell Sheldon she love him.  Yet, it took 6 freaking years for Penny to tell Leonard she loves him (remember the plate of chilli cheese fries...).  Yes, I know it's a different type of love ... I guess what is truly bothering me is that I don't trust the writers especially after the Penny/Raj thing.

Are you thinking that Mr Lorre might mess with Leonard and maybe do something with Sheldon and Penny? Yes, I could conceive of  them writing that. But broadcast it, maybe not. They have to address the longer run and create situations, but I don't think they need to nuke the couple again. I understand the trust issue but as a wise man once  said "...fool me once, shame on -- shame on you. Fool me -- you can't get fooled again"... or something.

Unless you are using destroyed as a synonym for emotionally devastated I would be beg to differ. She just went in a different direction for a while and suffered in the wilderness, then came back somewhat wiser. As did Leonard for that matter. And I believe she loves Sheldon in the sense of fondness through familiarity (thank you Wikipeadia), not in the "My limbic system wants to take your pants off" way.

Or so I hope.

Edited by Nogravitasatall
  • Like 3

Hey Armygirl,

Actually, I can understand your position, I just don't agree with it totally. I was just wondering about your take as we've had a some people claim that Penny was destroyed in season four because she became rather slutty, but there really isn't any evidence for it.

I think the writers had Penny out of character and it didn't always make sense, IMO.  She wasn't the Penny that I came to know and love.   I'm afraid that the writers will take their poison pen to her again.

As for the s-word, I don't use words like that to describe other women.

Edited by ArmyGirl

Hello everyone. Just got into BBT about a month ago and caught up with a massive viewing party. You guys are crazy smart, it's bloody intimidating, but it's nice to see intelligent conversations.

Penny's always been a social butterfly whether we saw it or not. I think what happened in season four was simply her reverting back to who she would've been had she been back home, surrounded by her girlfirends. With Amy and Bernadette, her posse was recreated.

Drinking, gossiping, being wild and crazy is who Penny was as evidenced a couple of times. I didn't see her as ruined, just as a normal popular girl doing ehat they do, stereotypical or not.

I think the writers had Penny out of character and it didn't always make sense, IMO.  She wasn't the Penny that I came to know and love.   I'm afraid that the writers will take their poison pen to her again.

I'm of the opinion that they basically can't mess with the L/P relationship or cause the characters to mess with the relationship, without actually completely changing them. I understand that you think that is exactly what they did do with Penny in the fourth season. But the personal growth the writers have given Penny this year would be an even more radical change, which the character couldn't handle. Such a radical change would also basically destroy Leonard. The show would be left with the two of them with no personal interaction, which would leave the show in a rather silly position.

Are you thinking that Mr Lorre might mess with Leonard and maybe do something with Sheldon and Penny? Yes, I could conceive of  them writing that. But broadcast it, maybe not. They have to address the longer run and create situations, but I don't think they need to nuke the couple again. I understand the trust issue but as a wise man once  said "...fool me once, shame on -- shame on you. Fool me -- you can't get fooled again"... or something.

Unless you are using destroyed as a synonym for emotionally devastated I would be beg to differ. She just went in a different direction for a while and suffered in the wilderness, then came back somewhat wiser. As did Leonard for that matter. And I believe she loves Sheldon in the sense of fondness through familiarity (thank you Wikipeadia), not in the "My limbic system wants to take your pants off" way.

Or so I hope.

As for your first paragraph you are correct about my thinking when it comes to Mr. Lorre as we have been there and done that.

As for the bold, I stated that it was a different type of love the problem for me is that she had no hesitation in telling him. Now look at how long it took for Leonard to hear how she feels about him and the hoops he had to jump through to hear it.  Leonard tells Penny he loves her and gets a "thank you" and dumped all in the same day. 

Edited by ArmyGirl

As for the bold, I stated that it was a different type of love the problem for me is that she had no hesitation in telling him. Now look at how long it took for Leonard to hear how she feels about him and the hoops he had to jump through to hear it.  Leonard tells Penny he loves her and gets a "thank you" and dumped all in the same day. 

I think its growth over time. And Leonard has forgiven all over the course of 2.5 years.

Also Sheldon is at a greater remove, and not equivalent to Leonard in her regard in any way. He is more like a chilli fry, perhaps.

And I applaud your sensitivity to the "s-word" . However I have come to accept that it has currency here and is viewed as a lexiconic misdemeanor rather than a felony. You might see it again from time to time, so be braced.

Edited by Nogravitasatall

I'm not sure what the big deal is. She didn't even tell Sheldon that she loves him. She said that she loves that he's a part of her life and those are in fact two different things. Given that love that she does feel for him, which is that of a familial kind, it's naturally going to be a lot easier for her to say it too him, whereas he love for Leonard is much stronger and at times makes her feel much more vulnerable and ergo is going to make it harder for her to say it to Leonard.

• Like 6

I'm so glad Penny told Leonard she is passionate about him that was very sweet.  And, I'm glad she didn't totally hate Buffy the Vampire slayer and seem to kind of like it because otherwise I would have to call her lots of really bad names LOL :p    You know what would be cute is for next year's Halloween for Penny to actually dress up as Buffy,  I bet she looked super hot in Buffy costume and Leonard would go nuts.

i think Penny needs to find a new job either acting or doing something else besides waiting tables.  I feel like working at  Cheesecake factory as a waitress which she obviously doesn't really like doing is what is holding her back.  She isn't passionate about her job in fact she even admits she sucks at it and doesn't care for it so I wish writers would let her pursue something new.  They rarely show scenes at the Cheesecake factory lately anyway, so why bother having her still work there.  I hope next season Penny quits and gets a better job.  It would help build up her self esteem and make her happier person.

Edited by Superlovelexi
  • Like 2

Leonard tells Penny he loves her and gets a "thank you" and dumped all in the same day.

A couple of things, it was actually the next day that she dumped him(I know, pedantic). She has described, in the episode and in other episodes that previous experiences have caused her to be cautious in saying ILY to someone. She's been burned by it before. It's actually understandable for two people to be in different places and one being able (or being ready) to say it. It's often forgotten that L/P talked about it and both agreed that it was ok for Penny not to be able to say it.

The other thing is you have to be aware that her breaking up with Leonard was not simply her dumping him for no reason. It was Wil Wheaton who pushed her by telling her a lie about himself being strung along for two years and wishing he had been dumped at the start of that two years, rather than being strung along. Watch that scene, Penny is not happy about breaking up with Leonard, but believes she is doing the right thing. Her comment "I'm sorry. It's not fair to you Leonard." indicates that she is thinking that she is doing Leonard a favor, however much it may hurt him in the short run. Now, I will give you that continued inability to say it into this season, was pushing it.

As for the s-word. I am one of those that argues against her being slutty. I'm just telling you how she been described here before.

• Like 5

Very beautiful moment between Penny and Leonard tonight. 

I love that Penny immediately told Leonard about her epiphany : she opened up to him spontaneously, just because she wanted to. Now, that's progress ! She fould out something important about herself and knew Leonard would want to know so she just told him. Furthermore, the nature of her epiphany makes me believe the writers are ready to let Penny grow for real : while everybody can get excited about extraordinary, glamourous things, it takes a lot of maturity to be happy an passionate about what is already there. So yippee for that. 

The scene played very well, I thought : the content was very emotional but the delivery did not capitalise on that. Leonard's reaction was paticularly great. He was supportive; he acknowledged Penny had made a huge discovery but understated it a bit to make her comfortable ("It's a big deal"); and he made a couple of jokes to help her along. Very good boyfriend, right there.

As for Penny having no qualms telling Sheldon she loves him while it took her years and a slip of the tongue to tell Leonard, if anything, in my mind it proves how different her loves for both men are. To her, there is nothing at stakes telling Sheldon she loves him : he is her friend and her  son/brother.  She says it; he accepts it; they both move on. Case closed.

Conversely, the way she feels for Leonard has consequences; telling him she loves him puts her in a vulnerable position and heightens his expectations. Until recently, she was not ready to cope with either of these things : she did not want to be vulnerable because she did not want to get hurt and she did not want to promise Leonard things she feared she might not be able to deliver (and, ultimately, hurt Leonard). 

Yep, it was a beautiful moment between these two. 

PS Great little interaction between them about the DVR as well. Penny asks for her boyfriend's help and he jumps to her rescue with a totally believable story about the Chinese watching reality TV. 

They may no have a great future in crime but they'll stick together no matter what !

Edited by Chiara
  • Like 3

I haven't rewatched the episode to be sure, but if I'm not mistaken, Penny said that she loved that Sheldon was in her life, you weirdo. Not I love you. Big difference, to me. She would say the same to Howard, Raj, Bernadette and Amy. Also note that she made it clear that there was Leonard, whom she loves and is passionate about, then there are her friends. Two separate groupings of people.

This scene is indeed a breakthrough on a number of levels. She initiates the conversation about their relationship, looks Leonard straight in the eye, tells him she loves him, and is passionate about him. No holding back or equivocating. Penny upgraded the relationship on her own accord, voluntarily and without a crisis. She realized why she's been so happy, and implied that she wants more. Leonard's responses were great too. He acknowledged the importance of what she had to say, and warmly accepted it. He didn't make too big a deal either, and try to jump to any next steps. This was Penny's thing, realizing this is where she wants to be. The career will come, but I've got the important stuff right in front of me. It was very wise.

I also love any time Amy "experiments" on Sheldon. The episode where she tries to increase his feelings for her by associating herself with things he loves was a classic, and this one is too. The disturbing thing is that he deceived her. He acted like he was buying into her well-proven point, led her to believe that she'd helped him, then undid and denied everything she tried to accomplish. Apparently he both refuses to change, and doesn't believe he has a problem. In fact, he revels in his dysfunction. He is convinced that this is the right way for him to be. This does not bode well for the relationship, at least over the short term. He doesn't see the need to change, as he is just fine. As long as Sheldon feels this way, there is nothing that Amy or Penny can do. It has been speculated that Leonard's absence will carve out space for Sheldon growth. This storyline says its not going to happen. The last scene shows that he responds to closure orgasmically. he's not going to leave that degree of satisfaction easily.

It did hammer home an increasing degree of metaphorical sex between Sheldon and Amy. For Sheldon, it was a night of orgasm denial, and Amy, sexual control. Pretty kinky. I liked that it did not appear tha Amy picked up on this. She was clinical and aloof. Sheldon became increasingly emotional with the denial of closure.

I'll have to ruminate on this episode, but first impressions are that it was one of the best. Great progress for Penny and Leonard, and Sheldon and Amy being very funny. The Raj and Howard storyline was funny, as usual, just overshadowed by the two more interesting ones. I guess knowing that Lucy will be gone soon make me want to move on.

I haven't rewatched the episode to be sure, but if I'm not mistaken, Penny said that she loved that Sheldon was in her life, you weirdo. Not I love you. Big difference, to me. She would say the same to Howard, Raj, Bernadette and Amy. Also note that she made it clear that there was Leonard, whom she loves and is passionate about, then there are her friends. Two separate groupings of people.

I believe the slight dismay experienced by some viewers in relation to Penny telling Sheldon she loves having him in her life (you are correct, she does not say "I love you" or "I love Sheldon") was due to the fact it took so very long for Penny to use the word in conjunction with Leonard. The L-word was something she feared associating with him, even in its most innocuous acceptions. 

It took her a while to feel at ease around that term when talking about Leonard precisely because it is not trivial in their case. It has a weight it does not have when referring to the others. But, as we saw in this scene, she is now completely at ease not only with the word but also with the sentiment behind it. Massive progress in action. 

Also, I appreciated the way Penny does not get excited about anything even remotely trivial.

Her understanding of the word "passion" was quite different from that of Leonard or Bernadette. The latters were happy for the word to be associated with hobbies (TV shows), jobs (science) or even completely mundane things (TV remotes). I do not believe they truly are passionate about all that : these are things they do/get involved with and get excited about because it provides them with varying degrees of satisfaction. 

Penny, conversely, went straight for the kill. In her mind, only the people she loves are worthy of her "passion". The rest if lovely and fun and exciting but not all that important after all. Good for her ! 

Seeing it like that softens the blow of her not declaring her "passion" for her acting career which the writers did a good job at marginalising by linking it to a "psychic at a bachelorette party".

As for Leonard, his reaction was indeed superb : since the VD dinner (probably before as well, but we did not have much evidence for it), he has been absolutely impeccable. He knows when not to push, when to go for it, when to sit back and enjoy. 

His attempt at taking the relationship to the next level as a reaction to her epiphany was delightful : clearly he was mainly trying to defuse the situation so Penny would not fear his (over)reaction but, at the same time, I think he was sort of hoping (against all odds) they would really go to Comic Con together, wearing matching costumes. Adorable man.

I also love any time Amy "experiments" on Sheldon. The episode where she tries to increase his feelings for her by associating herself with things he loves was a classic, and this one is too. The disturbing thing is that he deceived her. He acted like he was buying into her well-proven point, led her to believe that she'd helped him, then undid and denied everything she tried to accomplish. Apparently he both refuses to change, and doesn't believe he has a problem. In fact, he revels in his dysfunction. He is convinced that this is the right way for him to be. This does not bode well for the relationship, at least over the short term. He doesn't see the need to change, as he is just fine. As long as Sheldon feels this way, there is nothing that Amy or Penny can do. It has been speculated that Leonard's absence will carve out space for Sheldon growth. This storyline says its not going to happen.

This episode was indeed another example of him mamboing his way out of growing up. I cannot deny that. However what truly needs to be worked on is his disregard for others, his extreme callousness and his lack of empathy. As long as he stops treating people like complete crap and starts showing some vague trace of self-awareness, he can keep his pathological need for closure. That does not really hurt anyone. 

So I still believe (hope ?) Leonard leaving and Sheldon being left in the hands of Penny and Amy will help him along the way. His roommate being away from him will unnerve, destabilise therefore weaken him. His system of references (and behaviour ?) will have to adapt to the new pecking order. That may have some positive outcome.

Eirwinrommel, very rightly so, pointed out that Penny, in The Guitarist Amplification, did not exactely put her foot down and let Sheldon get away with a toy and a comic book. However, she has been shown not to back down when her neighbour's attitude truly upset her : she did not give up in The Panty Piñata Polarization and, with Leonard's help (sneeky little homunculus), she defeated the dragon; she cheered Amy on her way to a "scene" with Shelly in The Weekend Vortex; she refused to let go of her chair (to a certain point) in The Infestation Hypothesis; she even dared to ask the question nobody had dared ask in The Cooper/Kripke Inversion

Basically, Penny is just not afraid of Sheldon. She does not always go out of her way to upset him, granted, and she is willing to humour him to a certain point but unlike Amy who does not always dare to speak her mind because she loves him and unlike Leonard who just lets things slide because he does not want to add to his problems, Penny does not tend to tiptoe around Sheldon. When she feels strongly enough about his bad 'tude, she just says so and damn the consequences. 

Hopefully, that tendency of hers will show up in the near future. 

It was a nice mirror episode, in that Penny finds she is passionate about the people in her life, and not so much about things (TV shows are nice, but not as important as people in our lives). Sheldon is only passionate about things like TV shows, and knocking. Penny needed to develop or realize passion in her life. Sheldon needs to develop some balance.

Penny is learning that the important things in life need cultivating and work. She put a little effort into her relationship with Leonard, and look where it got her. She's happier than she's ever been in life, has a devoted and loving SO, and a group of friends that really care about her. One could argue that when the story started, you had four guys that were tightly bound together in a little nerd family. Part of what attracted the girls to the guys was that they were becoming part of a tight knit group that was a terrific support structure. These sorts of interpersonal bonds makes for all sorts of good practical and psychological things.

Penny probably hasn't worked hard on anything in her life. She's stunningly beautiful, so people probably told her that she should be in movies. So she moves to CA, and expects to be discovered while waiting tables, because she's just so hot. In reality, that doesn't happen so often. Maybe Leonard being away will give her a chance to start really focusing on her career, to keep distracted from him being gone. The next major stressor in Leonard and Penny's relationship could be that her work starts taking up a lot of time, and Leonard doesn't get to see her much.

The Amy/Sheldon plot line was really funny, as Amy knows him so well. The sad thing is that it points out how damaged he is, as not only does he get orgasmic satisfaction out of the most trivial things, he completely rejected Amy's point that this is a problem. @chiara is right though, this is not really the big issue with Sheldon. If he simply had respect for other people, the pathological need for closure would not be a big deal.

Edited by hamerman55
  • Like 2

Hello everyone. Just got into BBT about a month ago and caught up with a massive viewing party. You guys are crazy smart, it's bloody intimidating, but it's nice to see intelligent conversations.

Penny's always been a social butterfly whether we saw it or not. I think what happened in season four was simply her reverting back to who she would've been had she been back home, surrounded by her girlfirends. With Amy and Bernadette, her posse was recreated.

Drinking, gossiping, being wild and crazy is who Penny was as evidenced a couple of times. I didn't see her as ruined, just as a normal popular girl doing ehat they do, stereotypical or not.

First, welcome to the group. As for Penny's behavior, what about the lack of male companionship? Except for Zac we don't really see Penny dating during season four. Let's face it, Penny wasn't exactly a nun prior to her relationship with Leonard. In fact, since she broke up with Leonard in season three you could probably count her 'companions' (seen and unseen) on one hand and have fingers left over (not counting Leonard).

• Like 1