Leonard And Penny Shippers Thread (Possible Spoilers)

C-Trayne

I took solace in the thought that having him there made it more ordinary in a good way.  L/P are solid. That said, when Leonard and Penny re-unite after he comes ashore they better lay it on with a trowel.

(Or maybe Penny overstayed at Raj's while rejoicing  - in a friends way - and the car window wasn't quite down far enough... mwa-ha-ha :icon_twisted: )

no not really.

You really think Lorre and company will let Leonard and Penny have a homecoming scene to themselves?  Think about almost every important scenes they as a couple had Sheldon breathing all over them.  Go back to Season 3 and see how they had Sheldon all over the relationship.

This Lenny fan won't hold her breathe on a nice homecoming for them.

Edited by ArmyGirl
  • Like 1

Particularly as a guy it's hard to admit liking the romance of a TV show, but in this forum I get to.  And so, I admit it, I cheered at the airport goodbye scene (boy, have I got caught up in this show!).  OK, wish Sheldon had left them alone for even a minute - he was off the charts on my annoyance meter.  

FYI to Tensor, I am now more positive about L&P than I have been.  We all need, if not a happy ending, a happy interlude once in a while.  I'm good till September!  I'm glad the writers didn't wimp out (Sheldonus interruptus notwithstanding).

Particularly as a guy it's hard to admit liking the romance of a TV show, but in this forum I get to.  And so, I admit it, I cheered at the airport goodbye scene (boy, have I got caught up in this show!).  OK, wish Sheldon had left them alone for even a minute - he was off the charts on my annoyance meter.  

FYI to Tensor, I am now more positive about L&P than I have been.  We all need, if not a happy ending, a happy interlude once in a while.  I'm good till September!  I'm glad the writers didn't wimp out (Sheldonus interruptus notwithstanding).

Guitar1964, I have to admit that Penny made me more of a believer after watching season 6 finale.  I actually saw that she really loves and will miss Leonard and while still wanting the best for him.  Kudos to KC and JG!

Now lets hope the writers don't miss with Lenny and continue to let them move forward in September.

Edited by ArmyGirl
  • Like 2

Guitar1964, I have to admit that Penny made me more of a believer after watching the season 6 finale.  I actually saw that she really loves and will miss Leonard and while still wanting the best for him.  Kudos to KC and JG!

ArmyGirl, if you go look up the taping report for this episode, not all the lines were in there. In addition, the taping reports don't always convey how well the actors can pull of putting emotion into the lines and scenes. There were some comments from people who were worried because they got some feeling that Penny was not so invested, sad or disappointed that Leonard was going to be gone. The actual episode made it clear that she was going to miss him, but was, again, supporting Leonard in his endeavors. (I want to state right here that this is not a knock on Monique or Kyzzx or any of the others who provide us with taping reports. I think it's a limitation of the media that not all the emotion or feelings can be shown if strictly reporting on what is happening. The reports we get from the people who attend are, simply fantastic.)  

Now lets hope the writers don't miss with Lenny and continue to let them move forward in September.

Amen sister....

• Like 6

So so super happy for Leonard that Penny said "I love you" to him again and he got to say it back, with no coercing or drama behind it like last time just nice sweet moment.  Would have been even better had Sheldon not been interrupting imo, but I won't quibble over that detail anymore.  I think its good that something BIG is happening for Leonard now.   I mean I adore SHeldon and Howard, but Raj and Leonard are important too this episode was for them I can tell and I think Johnny and Kunal nailed all their scenes. :)

• Like 2

Penny really seemed to have matured a lot in last night's episode.  She was very nurturing and mothering.  We won't know where things are until September but it seems like we are reassured that Leonard and Penny are solid and the 4 months absence won't do anything but strengthen their bond.  Leonard has been the sturdy center of the group, and it feels like Penny is going to fill in for him, watching over everyone.  Probably reading too much into this, but that's part of the fun of being a TBBT fan.

Sheldon again appeared almost like L&P's precocious kid.

• Like 3

After my second veiwing of the episode, I notice that Penny is wearing the heart necklace when she knocks on Raj door. So I guess we should be happy that the writers at least let her wear it.

• Like 3

There WAS a Mutual ILY at the airport, and PENNY SAID IT FIRST.

What a great scene. JG and KC really pulled the scene off and I felt it really let the audience know that Penny truly loves Leonard and will greatly miss him.

btw  this is my 100th  post. 

Edited by ArmyGirl

Leonard might have bought that necklace at a marked down price, but that first price might have been HUGE, and Leonard's a smart man, he knows what something is worth, so just because it's marked down doesn't make it cheap.

I loved Leonard and Penny tonight, these guys were on fire!

I loved that Penny wanted to come visit him, you know that tells you so much about how far they have come as a couple in the very caring hands of the writers this season.

Edited by Convict13
  • Like 3

Check out the interview that THR did with Kaley and Kunnel.  They also got some insight into future story from the writers and producers.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/big-bang-theory-finale-raj-kunal-nayyar-523487

That is an interesting interview. It would really be great if they let the characters grow with their getting older. This could allow the show to keep going on for a long time, while still being interesting. The problem with other shows is the characters stagnate and we get tired of them. Like friends, they were always late 20 to 30 year olds and were always in that culture. TBBT characters have more depth and seem more real, they have their love lives, their friends, their careers and then other outside influences. There is so much more this show can still cover with these characters, I think it can go on for a while yet before it gets old. Then of course, there could be spin offs.

• Like 1

Leonard Penny dinner scene in her apartment was very lovely and funny to watch...their banter was cute...

And the last scene had Penny going to Raj's apartment to console him ( I get that this was to show his break-through)...but it was Penny's character sweetness and concern for her friend that led her to his apartment to look out for him ........ I think this is how the season 3 finale should have ended....

Leonard Penny dinner scene in her apartment was very lovely and funny to watch...their banter was cute...

And the last scene had Penny going to Raj's apartment to console him ( I get that this was to show his break-through)...but it was Penny's character sweetness and concern for her friend that led her to his apartment to look out for him ........ I think this is how the season 3 finale should have ended....

I think you mean Season 4 Finale and I wish this had happen instead of the crapfest we got.

Edited by ArmyGirl

I think you mean Season 4 Finale and I wish this had happen instead of the crapfest we got.

I know what you mean, yet I can kind of accept that it happened and that it powered the show further on (i was entertained and horrified by 4.24, and it was less weird than Buffy/Spike).

6 actual years have elapsed and we can get all excited and a little dizzy because the two leads exchange "I love you" in a car at the airport. That's something I've never been a part of before.

Edited by Nogravitasatall
  • Like 3

@sram, they have really set up possibilities for the next phase of the show. Not sure why they are making Sheldon such a drag, unless he is being used as a drogue to keep the show from overruning itself.

Living together is now more plausible after they have experimented with living apart for four months, which they haven't done since s2 hiatus. Its still been a helluva long engagement.

wrt gifts, Leonard has given Penny two sentimental items. The snowflake, unique and eternal, and now, symbolically, his heart. I'm going to be watching to see if that is ever coming off. I'd like to think it will be the only piece she ever wears.

now off to go unicorn shopping.

• Like 4

@sram, they have really set up possibilities for the next phase of the show. Not sure why they are making Sheldon such a drag, unless he is being used as a drogue to keep the show from overruning itself.

Living together is now more plausible after they have experimented with living apart for four months, which they haven't done since s2 hiatus. Its still been a helluva long engagement.

wrt gifts, Leonard has given Penny two sentimental items. The snowflake, unique and eternal, and now, symbolically, his heart. I'm going to be watching to see if that is ever coming off. I'd like to think it will be the only piece she ever wears.

now off to go unicorn shopping.

Really? How sad that you qualify to own one. Or how sad that you are delusional enough to think you could still own one. Pick which of the two is closer to the truth.  Of course they could send Amy out for one (depending on just how strict the actual standards are).

• Like 1

No I am talking about Season 3 Finale...... Here Penny went to Raj's apartment because he was hurt (and she was not even the one that caused it).....

In season 3 finale ....she clearly hurt Leonard but does even show tiny bit of affection or sympathy towards him...in fact she acted as if could'nt care less...

It should have like this.... after she tells him that last night was a mistake ...Leonard sadly should have gone to his apartment like Raj went inside....

and later Penny comes to him to apologize and console keeping Penny likable and Leonard sympathetic ..... but with what we got none of these two were accomplished....

And season 4 finale -- even thought it was a poor idea....I don't think anyone is to blame for that

Edited by vasu

Really? How sad that you qualify to own one. Or how sad that you are delusional enough to think you could still own one. Pick which of the two is closer to the truth. Of course they could send Amy out for one (depending on just how strict the actual standards are).

Lmao. :)

Fair cop, guvenor,

Ok, I 'll just draw rainbows on my pencil case.

No I am talking about Season 3 Finale...... Here Penny went to Raj's apartment because he was hurt (and she was not even the one that caused it).....In season 3 finale ....she clearly hurt Leonard but does even show tiny bit of affection or sympathy towards him...in fact she acted as if could'nt care less...It should have like this.... after she tells him that last night was a mistake ...Leonard sadly should have gone to his apartment like Raj went inside....and later Penny comes to him to apologize and console keeping Penny likable and Leonard sympathetic ..... but with what we got none of these two were accomplished....And season 4 finale -- even thought it was a poor idea....I don't think anyone is to blame for that

Vasu, you are right, this is all part of LP 2.0, where TPTB are revisiting those issues they got wrong/messed up the first time around. Lucky Leonard and Penny, to have the chance.

• Like 1

Ok great L/P episode. The car scene was great, but I wish they didn't make Sheldon so extreme, he sort of ruined it a little. 

Sheldon was totally annoying and unnecessary at the airport. That's when Leonard should have hauled off and slapped him.

• Like 3