The Shamy Thread! (Season 6 Edition-Spoilers)

MJistheBOMB

I just laughed out loud in the break room at work. LOL. You made my day.

Thank you, I aim to please.

But I have a feeling 6x14 will make your day more than my lame jokes. Although, that probably made your day 3 weeks ago already. :p

• Like 1

Thank you, I aim to please.

Please, don't use this phrase!! It reminds me of the most horrible "book" I've ever read. A dolorous page in the history of humanity!! ;) 

Guys, just a few hours!! :)

Thursday! Thursday! 31 Jan! Hug-day! Sheldon Confession-day! :excl::rolleyes:

I love how this thread has turned into an oasis for those of us who are happy with being happy with the show, without second-guessing everything. 

Also, some pretty interesting suggestions on possible directions for the first Shamy-coitus episode.. I like the idea of Sheldon planning something and its turning into an utter disaster, and then it happens just when they're embarrassed and through with planning.

Mmmmmmmmm, just LOOK at that picture!  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:

What do you think I'm doing?! I haven't been able to get it off my mind ever since I first saw it 12 hours back.  :icon_eek:

Edited by Pomita
  • Like 2

I was watching the unaired pilot last night (in which a much more "worldly" Sheldon discusses masturbation and his love of big butts) and it got me thinking....

I'm so torn about Shamy coitus. The fangirl in me says YES! Bring it on! But then there's a little devil (or angel, depending on how you look at it) on my other shoulder reminding me that one of my favorite things about this couple is how incredibly innocent and uncorrupted and NOT worldly-wise they are. I think knowing that Sheldon is open to intimacy makes it really exciting to watch what unfolds as a result of that decision and declaration...but I'm not sure if I'm ready to see it come to fruition. Anyone share my feelings?

Hope I'm not raining on the parade in here! I love the optimism and upbeat attitudes towards the show on this thread. Hope y'all don't kick me out because of this! ;) I really do love the Sharmy!

• Like 1

I was watching the unaired pilot last night (in which a much more "worldly" Sheldon discusses masturbation and his love of big butts) and it got me thinking....

I'm so torn about Shamy coitus. The fangirl in me says YES! Bring it on! But then there's a little devil (or angel, depending on how you look at it) on my other shoulder reminding me that one of my favorite things about this couple is how incredibly innocent and uncorrupted and NOT worldly-wise they are. I think knowing that Sheldon is open to intimacy makes it really exciting to watch what unfolds as a result of that decision and declaration...but I'm not sure if I'm ready to see it come to fruition. Anyone share my feelings?

Hope I'm not raining on the parade in here! I love the optimism and upbeat attitudes towards the show on this thread. Hope y'all don't kick me out because of this! ;) I really do love the Sharmy!

I understand what you're saying and I know how you feel.

The one thing I find reassuring is that I don't think they're going to be hopping in the sack any time soon. :)

How dare you!! Get out!!!  Just kidding!! ;):)

I actually understand how you feel, but in my opinion, even once they have sex, which has Phantagrae said is not happening any time soon, they will still keep some of that innocence that makes them so special and endearing... :)

Edited by Aster7
  • Like 1

How you dare!! Get out!!!  Just kidding!! ;):)

I actually understand how you feel, but in my opinion, even once they have sex, which has Phantagrae said is not happening any time soon, they will still keep some of that innocence that makes them so special and endearing... :)

I've also wondered how it might affect Sheldon's relationship with his mother.  While his mother might not like the idea of Sheldon and Amy "sinning" or whatever, I do think that she would be glad to see Sheldon growing up somewhat.

But we haven't seen them interact since Rhinitis Revelation, before Sheldon and Amy became bf/gf.  At the end of that ep, she's pushing him a little and telling him he's a grown man and that they have to have a different relationship.  He's insisting on trying to keep their mother/child relationship the same, even trying to come up with a way to think of himself as still a toddler.

But now that he's contemplating getting more physical with Amy, I wonder how that would alter the way he perceives his relationship with his mother.  Would he still want to consider himself a toddler, or would he have some kind of crisis of identity in relation to his mother?

I think the fun is the lead-up to sex, because sex is going to be the culmination of their relationship. If there's no sex in the end, the whole lead-up is kind of pointless. Like anything else, the anticipation is fun if you know something is coming. And eventually they are going to have to cross that bridge. I don't think they're ever going to become kinky or wordly (although Amy is already pretty naughty with her sex jokes, lol, so I'm not sure how much of a difference actual sex is going to make). But I do think that, especially for Sheldon, taking that step is going to mean so much about how he feels about her that it goes way beyond the physical act. 

On another note, really glad to have invented the new motto of the Sharmy :) haha. 

• Like 2

I've also wondered how it might affect Sheldon's relationship with his mother.  While his mother might not like the idea of Sheldon and Amy "sinning" or whatever, I do think that she would be glad to see Sheldon growing up somewhat.

But we haven't seen them interact since Rhinitis Revelation, before Sheldon and Amy became bf/gf.  At the end of that ep, she's pushing him a little and telling him he's a grown man and that they have to have a different relationship.  He's insisting on trying to keep their mother/child relationship the same, even trying to come up with a way to think of himself as still a toddler.

But now that he's contemplating getting more physical with Amy, I wonder how that would alter the way he perceives his relationship with his mother.  Would he still want to consider himself a toddler, or would he have some kind of crisis of identity in relation to his mother?

That's an interesting observation...I tend to think that it will change Sheldon's relationship with his mother, but not that much. On one hand, he will be more self confident and less anchored to the past. On the other hand, the world is full of adults with sex lives that when it comes to their parents just regress to childhood....How many grow-up man and women want their mothers when sick? A lot!! :)

Also, it will be very interesting to see his mother's interactions with Amy, because one thing is to push a little your son to "socialize", another is to realize he has found the one!! And one thing is to meet your friend's mother, total different thing is to meet your man's mother!! There is much material to work with!! :)

That's an interesting observation...I tend to think that it will change Sheldon's relationship with his mother, but not that much. On one hand, he will be more self confident and less anchored to the past. On the other hand, the world is full of adults with sex lives that when it comes to their parents just regress to childhood....How many grow-up man and women want their mothers when sick? A lot!! :)

Also, it will be very interesting to see his mother's interactions with Amy, because one thing is to push a little your son to "socialize", another is to realize he has found the one!! And one thing is to meet your friend's mother, total different thing is to meet your man's mother!! There is much material to work with!! :)

Yes--one of the fun things is that they've really given Sheldon a lot of fodder to work with in this area because he's kind of complicated that way.

Also, Mary Cooper might think she wants her son to grow up, but dealing with the reality of her little Shelly-bean taking that big step might be a little jarring for her.  And mothering isn't something that a person ever really moves on from--I remember when I was in the hospital when I was in college my mother actually went to the room next door to help his young man.  He'd been moaning for a nurse to help him because he'd had surgery and whatever meds he was on were making him sick.  For some reason the nurses were not responding, so my mom went to see what he needed.  She helped him while he was getting sick and she finally got a nurse to go in there to help him.

Mothers will always mother. :)

That's another aspect of TRR that I loved, that Sheldon had apparently kept his mother abreast of what was going on in his friends' lives and then she took the time to talk to each of them (except AMY!!) and kind of counseled each of them to some degree.

Anyway, I do think it will be interesting to see how they might handle Mary and Sheldon as things progress. :)

For some reason, I picture everyone pouncing on Sheldon & Amy pinning them down to make them spill the details after they do it for the first time. They're gonna make it a huge deal and Sheldon will be annoyed but still forced to spill the beans about how it went. LOL.

I was saying a while ago that it'll be very interesting to see how his mother will deal with the fact that Amy is stepping into her role of care and comfort now. I said that after the report for 6x14 because he let her comfort him when he was upset, but now even more after 6x16, when he makes her his emergency contact. It's too bad that the actress schedule seems so busy because I think it would be very interesting to see Sheldon have a work-related burnout, with Leonard having to call his mother and to then see how she and Amy deal with him through it. (Again, plot bunny for the fic I'm writing, lol... it's never ending). 

• Like 1

Yes--one of the fun things is that they've really given Sheldon a lot of fodder to work with in this area because he's kind of complicated that way.

Also, Mary Cooper might think she wants her son to grow up, but dealing with the reality of her little Shelly-bean taking that big step might be a little jarring for her.  And mothering isn't something that a person ever really moves on from--I remember when I was in the hospital when I was in college my mother actually went to the room next door to help his young man.  He'd been moaning for a nurse to help him because he'd had surgery and whatever meds he was on were making him sick.  For some reason the nurses were not responding, so my mom went to see what he needed.  She helped him while he was getting sick and she finally got a nurse to go in there to help him.

Mothers will always mother. :)

That's another aspect of TRR that I loved, that Sheldon had apparently kept his mother abreast of what was going on in his friends' lives and then she took the time to talk to each of them (except AMY!!) and kind of counseled each of them to some degree.

Anyway, I do think it will be interesting to see how they might handle Mary and Sheldon as things progress. :)

Agreed. Also, about that episode, I found really interesting that Mary knew everything about Sheldon's friends and not that much about Sheldon relationship with Amy. Sign that not only Sheldon is very reserved when he comes to his feelings ( trait that I really appreciate) but also that he already tends to keep the more mature aspects of his life separate from his relationship with his mother, that already there are things that simply are not for her to know, that belongs only to him. He is growing up!! :)

PS  Your mother seems to be a really nice person!! :)