The Shamy Thread! (Season 6 Edition-Spoilers)

MJistheBOMB

OK, one question.  When L/P asked whether he would ever sleep with Amy and what he was doing, Sheldon's first response was, "Well, first of all, I'm quite fond of Amy."  I'm trying to figure out exactly what he was getting at, how that was an answer to the question of physicality.  Was that his way of confirming that he has romantic feelings for her that go beyond friendship, implying an eventual physical relationship?  Saying it's a serious relationship, perhaps that he's in love?  Responding to Penny's statement that Amy would like to get physical by indicating that he wants to be able to make her happy? 

• Like 3

BEST SHAMY EPISODE THIS SEASON SINCE FISH GUTS DISPLACEMENT!! 

If not then I hope Sheldon just one day kisses her and she just knows that would be perfect V-day episode thing to do, but I won't get my hopes up to much for that one. 

Lexi, don't dig around this thread too much if you don't want to be spoiled.  We know what happens in the V-day episode and have talked about it a good bit. 

Edited by tmp
  • Like 1

I love that he brought up the vapor rub on Amy's chest thing and told Leonard and Penny aka his surrogate Daddy and Mommy about it . I knew he saw those moments with Amy as something physically intimate and almost sexualbecause she definitely did see it that way. Sheldon may act clueless on surface and not understand certain things about life or sex, but deep down his hind brain knows what its doing.. andHE KNOWS!! Oh its so good to be proven right!  I kept saying that when she was sick he offered to do all those things because a part of him  WANTED too and understood it was physically intimate and perhaps gave Amy some pleasure which is why he was really to do it because he cares about her and wanted to show that :)  Sheldon realizes that he is growing and changing and he even said "I'm working on it."  he wants to be more physical with her and is making a conscious effort to do so.  This is no joke! This is AWESOME!! lol 

• Like 1

OK, one question.  When L/P asked whether he would ever sleep with Amy and what he was doing, Sheldon's first response was, "Well, first of all, I'm quite fond of Amy."  I'm trying to figure out exactly what he was getting at, how that was an answer to the question of physicality.  Was that his way of confirming that he has romantic feelings for her that go beyond friendship, implying an eventual physical relationship?  Saying it's a serious relationship, perhaps that he's in love?  Responding to Penny's statement that Amy would like to get physical by indicating that he wants to be able to make her happy? 

Lexi, love your excitement and agree about Sheldon probably being one heck of a lover for Amy when he finally figures out everything.   He is a smart cookie and will learn quick.   It will be fun to see if they bring out the "kinky" Sheldon in the series eventually.  :icon_lol:   He was rather kinky tonight, you have to admit.

tmp, about your questions above.  I would say yes.  He was definitely leading to admission of romantic feelings for Amy, admission that he would likely lead to a physical relationship that would include sleeping with her.  I truly believe Sheldon needed to get all of that pressure out of him.  He has been letting things build for a long time and Kripkie, unbeknownst to him, opened up the steam-hole so that a lot of the pressure could be released through bragging about a sex life that he clearly does not have (but Kripkie does not know that yet) and by asking Leonard to play along with his lie.   He is smart.  I have to believe he would have had an inkling that by asking Leonard to cover for him that it might lead him to an unpleasant conversation about he and Amy.  Yet he seemed calm, collected and ready to discuss.   I think he definitely was relieved to be able to admit some of these things. :icon_mrgreen:

By the way, when he was talking about the boa constrictor, I don't think it had anything to do with the hug.  I think he was talking about 1) the position Kripkie placed him in by coming up with better ideas made him feel squeezed and squelched like a boa constrictor at work; 2) his ongoing battle with feelings in general, especially for Amy, were becoming overwhelming that he was feeling squeezed; and 3) his heart was feeling tight (like a boa constrictor squeezing it) because he was beyond control of his feelings for her, about work, about wanting to get

to a point where he could share a physical relationship with her and all of it.  It was just too overwhelming for him. 

Thus, the pressure was released when the door was opened and he could finally let out some of the steam that had been building.   Her hug clearly helped, but it was the ensuing conversations after that really helped.

Edited by stardustmelody
  • Like 2

Oh. My. Gosh.

I was totally spoiled, and yet....it was so much better than I imagined!!! Jim acted the crap out of every scene. It was touching and hilarious at the same time! The hug...the coitus talk..the talk with Penny...just...perfection! I loved every minute! Could hardly contain my glee. :D

I'm trying so hard to play it cool around the hubby but I am officially freaking out, haha! It's quieter than I expected on this thread. Where are you, Sharmy mates?

I can't even analyze this right now. Need to sleep on it.

BBT writers: I love you all! Brilliance. That is all.

• Like 1

BEST SHAMY EPISODE THIS SEASON SINCE FISH GUTS DISPLACEMENT!!  Maybe even better haven't decided at least tied...but I love love love every single second of it!  Sheldon made me so happy tonight, when he said "what do I have to lose" it was like he was finally admitting that he really does need love and physical affection too and that if she could offer him any kind of comfort he was totally willing to accept it.  And then when she let him go and he said "Why' you stop!"  That was perfect!  Reminded me so much of when she was dressed as Star Trek Nurse and told Leonard I'm in hell, but then told Amy "Don't stop!"  I have a feeling one sweet day when they've finally have coitus for the first time Amy is going to be fondling Sheldon's genitals or kissing him or whatever and then he's going do it again, same something that sounds like he's upset at first, but then when she stops say "No don't stop!" and he will be loving it!   Sheldon Lee Cooper is also going to be a total freak in the sack someday just like I've said many times before and like Kripke hinted at tonight.  Not right away of course oh No it may take years because at first he will be confused awkward gentle and innocent lover just like a new baby fawn that doesn't quite no how to walk yet, but eventually becomesthe most graceful creature in forest.  He has all the makings in that awesomely weird yet genius head of his and look out if he ever ends up getting drunk and having sex cause then he will ride Amy like a real Texas cowboy I just know it.  I just don't want their first time to be like that save it for marriage or just after their first time at least.  First time should be sweet, awkward innocent and tender like all their first moments, first handhold, cuddle, now first hug...I just want my kiss by end of season and I'm done.  I can wait YEARs for the sex to start maybe season 8 or 9 whenever just love watching it all unfolded slowly, but steadily that is what makes it so fun.

I love all the hints the writers give in the dialogue about what is coming for them later on like for example Sheldon will likely want to incorporate sucking on Amy's bosom into their sex life because he just mentioned suckling at the bosom of mother science in this episode and like Amy has shown before she knows how to engage that scientific side of his brain and use it to her advantage she did it before with her neurobiological bag of tricks and spagetthi with hot dogs, she will do it again!  lol  Sheldon likes be cared for and nurtured so something like sucking on a woman's breast would definitely be comforting to him and remind him of childhood.  He's gonna love it someday just wait and see. ;)

And he will also incorporate costumes and toys into their sex life late on because we know how much he loves costumes and thinks it is one of best parts of being in a relationship and he loves toys too so much he keeps a model rocket by his bed and loves trains.  I think Sheldon would just love having sex on train someday.  He loves trains just that much and it would be so romantic and sexy.  And I don't care if i'm getting carried away because after what sheldon said i will always quote it "ITS A POSSIBLITY!!"  haha that means its ALL a possiblity even the spanking thing they've already done that one so maybe something else S&Mish but still keep it funny and chaste in a weird way.  Like using old fashion Renaissance era sex contraptions from the Renaissance faire as long as its historically accurate SHeldon will enjoy it.   I just hope we get to see Penny telling Amy and Bernadette about what Sheldon told her and Leonard I want see Amy's face when she finds out.  If not then I hope Sheldon just one day kisses her and she just knows that would be perfect V-day episode thing to do, but I won't get my hopes up to much for that one.  They may save it for some random surprise episode like they did with when Penny said I love you to Leonard.  It wasn't in an obvious this is going to happen here episode so we'll see. But yes I'm so Digging Shamy now that I've dug all the way to China!  :icon_cheesygrin:  and ain't stopping there.

Girllll, you turn every post into a fictional novel. LOL. I appreciate it though. Haha.

• Like 2

Lexi, love your excitement and agree about Sheldon probably being one heck of a lover for Amy when he finally figures out everything.   He is a smart cookie and will learn quick.   It will be fun to see if they bring out the "kinky" Sheldon in the series eventually.  :icon_lol:   He was rather kinky tonight, you have to admit.

Thank you!  :)

Lexi, don't dig around this thread too much if you don't want to be spoiled.  We know what happens in the V-day episode and have talked about it a good bit. 

Thanks for the heads up. ;)  I'm headed to Youtube now to rewatch these awesome scenes again  and leave like a million and one I love Shamy comments lol 

Edited by Superlovelexi

Girllll, you turn every post into a fictional novel. LOL. I appreciate it though. Haha.

Well its funny you mentioned it because a lot of what was in tonight's episode I've already written similar things in my fanfiction stories about SHAMY so that just blew my mind that writers and I have similar ideas on them because I usually thing my ideas are pretty out there cuz I like to keep it fun and sometimes even silly, but then the BBT writers reward my out there thinking with similar out there even funnier thinking and It just makes me extra happy.  I mean I only started watching this show last year in January a look here a year later I'm total hooked and have been for a long time.  

• Like 1

Jim played every scene perfectly.  He had our emotions all over the gamut tonight.  His facial expressions were amazing...hearbreaking at times, adorable at times, sweet at times, sincere and honest at times, cocky at times with Kripkie, and plenty more than those even.  He was truly amazing.  He brought out so many layers, feelings, emotions, you name it!  

I also thought the side story with Raj/Howard was fun.  It was entertaining and I loved seeing the two guys hanging out together again.   Loved Bernie acting like the mature one in the couple again as well.   When Leonard yelled at Sheldon to go to work, it reminded me of Bernie.  I thought it was him learning from her.  :icon_lol:

I love how Amy treated Sheldon very adult like and asked before hugging him, making sure he would be comfortable with it.  It was such a synchronization of their relationship going on.   She knew what he needed, but wanted to be assured he knew he needed it as well.   When he confirmed it back by asking her why she stopped, it was such a moment because they were back in full synch.  It was beautiful.  How he played that entire scene was amazing.  He was nearing a panic attack and crying when she first hugged him, and then calmed down when she had her arms around him.  When she let go, he immediately started winding back up in panic mode and asked her why she stopped.  It was executed perfectly.   Kudos to Jim.  I hope they submit this episode to the Emmy's this coming year.  It has been an amazing episode. :icon_exclaim::icon_mrgreen:

Krys you are so right about Sheldon trusting more than he used to.   I think Amy helped him with that.  I would love to see him credit her with that.

Edited by stardustmelody
  • Like 2

This may have been posted already on this thread if it has sorry for the repost, but I just can't stop watching it! and I would like to see some analysis of the SHAMY dialogue and physical affection cues in this scene.

One thing I just noticed after watching in a few times is Sheldon says "what do WE have to lose" instead of just what do I have to lose like I thought he said first time I watched it.  that makes it even sweeter that he's thinking in terms of "we' with her and not just himself anymore. 

Edited by Superlovelexi
  • Like 2

About my earlier question, I re-watched the scene and think I understand.  He was saying that his feelings for Amy are not what's holding him back, just his hang-ups about physical contact.  It was interesting that when he was asked the question, he had to think about it pretty hard as though it hadn't occurred to him.  That conversation may have given him something to work toward.  I think this signals a new phase in the relationship.

• Like 4

BWHAHAHAH! OMG! I can't... I can't even begin... I can't.

Ok, deep breath.

OMG! 

hahaha. I'm going to spend the morning watching it over and over again.

THE HUG! It was SOOOOOOO much better than I expected!!!! It was so so incredibly telling, like people have said already, the way he calms down instantly the moment she wraps her arms around him and bursts out crying again instantly the moment she lets him go. That was HUGE. I actually think Mayim had to hold back her shippier fangirling in the bit where she asks him if he wants a hug because you can tell she kind of looks like we do at that moment, about to grin like an idiot and jump out of her seat. LOL. It's great to have actors that actually ship their own characters, it's so much fun. Jim acted the **** out of that scene, it was just incredible. I never though I'd see Sheldon that vulnerable and serious, and yet at the same time he managed to make it funny. 

The fake sex life part. LOL. Oh Sheldon.

And the "talk" at the end. Penny is a rockstar for asking those questions. And yes, like Teneal said, the way he started to answer saying "You know I'm quite fond of Amy" was essentially saying it's not his feelings that are in the way but his hungups and that he would want to have that kind of relationship with her. HUGE HUGE HUGE. 

Oh my Lord, I don't know how any other ep can top this one this year in terms of Shamy, it's going to be tough.

• Like 5

So well said, Spook and Teneal! And I agree that it is going to be hard to top this epi...but I'm sure they will...eventually. Loved vulnerable, serious Sheldon. I don't think I expected the convo between him and Penny to be so sincere and contemplative, but it was all that and more! Just beautiful. Goes to show that the taping reports, no matter how thorough, don't spoil the viewing experience. :)

• Like 2

Jim played every scene perfectly.  He had our emotions all over the gamut tonight.  His facial expressions were amazing...hearbreaking at times, adorable at times, sweet at times, sincere and honest at times, cocky at times with Kripkie, and plenty more than those even.  He was truly amazing.  He brought out so many layers, feelings, emotions, you name it!  

I love how Amy treated Sheldon very adult like and asked before hugging him, making sure he would be comfortable with it.  It was such a synchronization of their relationship going on.   She knew what he needed, but wanted to be assured he knew he needed it as well.   When he confirmed it back by asking her why she stopped, it was such a moment because they were back in full synch.  It was beautiful.  How he played that entire scene was amazing.  He was nearing a panic attack and crying when she first hugged him, and then calmed down when she had her arms around him.  When she let go, he immediately started winding back up in panic mode and asked her why she stopped.  It was executed perfectly.   Kudos to Jim.  I hope they submit this episode to the Emmy's this coming year.  It has been an amazing episode. :icon_exclaim::icon_mrgreen:

Yes, I loved when he starts breathing so deeply and calms down when she wraps her arms around him you can tell it was having a soothing effect and then we he mentioned being strangled by a snake that made me laugh, but it also makes sense that Sheldon liked her hugging him that way because it plays into his past if you notice his mother and his sister are type to hug people will tightly like that so even though it might make him uncomfortable cause its so tight its also a connection that he's familiar with and he loves his mommy and I think he just what she would have done for him if he came to her crying and upset like that she would hug him tightly to her chest and make him feel safe and controlled.  Just like when he curls up in the fetal position in bed when he's side its a way of making himself feel safe and cocooned like in his mommy's womb.

The tightness and constricting nature of being strangled by a snake also is a kinky fetish thing to FYI...lol for all you fellow freaks out there, but it also can represent an emotional pain and struggle and have nothing to do with Amy's hug, but more of what he was feeling inside due to being upset like he was just telling her I feel like i'm being strangled, but don't stop hugging me because its making me feel better.   You can read so many different things into just that one part of it and that right there is why Jim and Mayim deserve Emmys and writers too. Its not just about seeing things all one way there are so many layers to Sheldon and layers to his reactions and the things he says nothing is just plain and straight forward its all go subtext and beautiful new ways that it can be interpreted.