The Shamy Thread! (Season 6 Edition-Spoilers)

MJistheBOMB

I agree. Not only did he think about responding, but I think he was trying to determine how much to tell.  He finally decided to say what he did.  I think he definitely is wanting to go there and what is preventing him from fully saying so is he knows he has a lot of hangups to overcome.  But I think he has the desire and wants to get there.   It isn't just for Amy but because he wants it too.   I love that! :icon_mrgreen:

So, I've watched it twice so far (and rewound and rewatched THE SCENE a couple more times!) and I'm almost afraid to watch it again!

So much to love, so much to think through. I have a feeling I'm going to be useless tomorrow. :)

As others have already mentioned, JP was fantastic throughout the episode. I love the way Sheldon was trying to kind of play it cool before he started crying, and the way he was sitting with his knees apart until she came over to hug him and kind of squeezed his knees together and himself into a tighter ball and started taking those deep, calming breaths.

I do think that his boa constrictor comment was about the feeling of being held tightly, but it was obviously a good thing. :). It kind of reminds me of how snugly swaddling a crying infant can calm them down. ;)

Sheldon's attempts to talk about his sex life were killing me! Talking about giving Amy's genitals a "jostling", talking about their "swimsuit areas" being pressed together, or how he had been "squishing" all of her ladie parts or whatever. Squishing, jostling--love his sexy techniques! :D

• Like 2

So, I've been a lurker for quite a while (thank you btw for the awesome taping reports) but this episode brought me out of lurkdom lol. Some of the many things I loved loved loved about the episode (I'm probably restating things others have said too):

* Sheldon said what do WE have to lose. He's a "we"!

* the look on Amy's face when he asks why she stopped hugging him and she quickly resumes the hug. She just looks very caring and nurturing as if she's saying,  "oh, you still need me? I'm right here." swoon

* Sheldon's admittance that Shamy sex is a possibility (and come on, it's happening down the road). And that Sheldon began his reply by saying how fond he was of Amy. To admit his feelings first and hangups second - hangups he also admits to working on with Amy. For some reason the word "fond" stuck out to me. Why did he say that first he was fond of Amy, not just cared about or liked? So I looked up "fond" (super dorky, I know) and the definition goes like this: feeling affection: feeling love, affection, or preference for somebody or something. :) ! Maybe he was saying he loves her in a roundabout way.

* Jim rocking the rollercoaster ride of emotion of this epi

* too much more to write here!

• Like 2

About my earlier question, I re-watched the scene and think I understand.  He was saying that his feelings for Amy are not what's holding him back, just his hang-ups about physical contact.  It was interesting that when he was asked the question, he had to think about it pretty hard as though it hadn't occurred to him.  That conversation may have given him something to work toward.  I think this signals a new phase in the relationship.

So true and I loved it when he said "I'm very fond of Amy" -- it was like he was making it a point to make sure penny knew that. 

There's no way they could have made this episode more perfect.  I kept trying to imagine the hug scene and couldn't do it -- jim and mayim just nailed it.  Those two -- I so hope they get an award next year.  They deserve it.

Edited by BazingaFan

Another thing to note about his choice of words and descriptions of his imaginary sex life: did you notice that all those descriptions would have been things the old Sheldon would have found disgusting, unhygienic and unsanitary? It's just the words he used: mush, squish, etc. But now he suddenly associates that with something he'd be proud to be known for. 

I do think my favorite part though was "boy howdy is it magic!" haha.

• Like 1

Another thing to note about his choice of words and descriptions of his imaginary sex life: did you notice that all those descriptions would have been things the old Sheldon would have found disgusting, unhygienic and unsanitary? It's just the words he used: mush, squish, etc. But now he suddenly associates that with something he'd be proud to be known for. 

I do think my favorite part though was "boy howdy is it magic!" haha.

And I loved the way you could see the wheels turning in his head as he was coming up with all of it.  Jim acted it so well... you could tell he was just creating it all on the spot and doing his best to come up with the words without having any idea what he was talking about.

And I loved the way you could see the wheels turning in his head as he was coming up with all of it.  Jim acted it so well... you could tell he was just creating it all on the spot and doing his best to come up with the words without having any idea what he was talking about.

Exactly!!! It was so funny and cute to watch!! :) Adorable!! :)

Intense:

1.  existing or occurring in a high or extreme degree: intense heat.

2. acute, strong, or vehement, as sensations, feelings, or emotions: intense anger.

3. of an extreme kind; very great, as in strength, keenness, severity, or the like: an intense gale.

4. having a characteristic quality in a high degree: The intense sunlight was blinding.

5. strenuous or earnest, as activity, exertion, diligence, or thought: an intense life.

Very interesting that he chose that word.  But there are so many things he said that we need to discuss, this thread will be going on for days about this episode.

Edited by BazingaFan

ok ok ok. breathing again....

This episode burns! Everything. And it all has been said already in wonderful words by you Sharmys out there.

What I want to add:

It make my heart melt (and some other bodyparts too, not talking about vascular throbbing....) how vulnerable , touched, childlike and sweet Sheldon was during the hugging-scene, and for me even more, when Kripkie confronted him. When he then starts talking about his Love-Life................. just WOW.

And later, when he so honest, grown up and serious talks to Penny and Leonard about his issues with touching and that he is working on it. I almost cried. It is amazing how his character developed and how deep he is. I think a year ago, being confronted with a topic like that he would let a speach about hokum and unnecessary stuff and left. Now he sits and talks about HIS emotions, fears AND relationship.

Penny hitting Leonhard so hard made me almost fall out of my office-chair.

This episode made me really happy. And I fell in love with Sheldon all over again.   sigh  sigh  sigh      dreamy

• Like 1

I agree with previous posts that the word "intense" really go to me. Having been spoiled I knew about the "whimsically inventive" part but I really was surprised at his choice to say "intense". I don't want to read too much into it but after hearing him say that it made me think he's been imagining what his sex life with Amy would be like. That's an awfully strong and specific word to use when describing sex.

Ah, Shamy feels. 

As amazing as Sheldon/Jim was in the hugging scene, after the 36th time of watching it I noticed that I'm actually more intrigued with AFF/Mayim. I absolutely adored how helplessly heartbroken she sounded when she said, "Sheldon, I wish there were something I could do to make you feel better..." And her reaction to the boa constrictor comment was great, too. Just pure greatness all around with these two :)

• Like 1

You know what really got me about how she reacted? That any average person in that situation would have gone "awwww" and reached out right away. But she didn't. She thought about what might make things better and ASKED if he wanted to be hugged. In some way it reminded me a lot of TIP where he is trying to figure out how to make her feel better and comes up with all these random things like distracting her with the bobcat and asking about the beverage. It's great because, imo, it shows, once again, that as "normal" as Amy has become by hanging out with P&B, she still isn't "normal". But she tries. Just like he tried in TIP and is trying now. Can these two get any more perfect? 

• Like 2

You know what really got me about how she reacted? That any average person in that situation would have gone "awwww" and reached out right away. But she didn't. She thought about what might make things better and ASKED if he wanted to be hugged. In some way it reminded me a lot of TIP where he is trying to figure out how to make her feel better and comes up with all these random things like distracting her with the bobcat and asking about the beverage. It's great because, imo, it shows, once again, that as "normal" as Amy has become by hanging out with P&B, she still isn't "normal". But she tries. Just like he tried in TIP and is trying now. Can these two get any more perfect?

Nope, not a flippin bit.

Despite having read the taping report, I was still surprised by the hugging scene.  It goes to show how much interpretation the actors bring to the words on the page.  Amazingly, "I feel like I'm being strangled by a boa constrictor" wasn't at all a complaint or attempt to protest.  It came through loud and clear that he found great comfort from that hug, and he didn't try to hide it from her by being cavalier.  The other thing that's moving about that scene is the emotional intimacy; he trusted her enough to let her see him upset and to let her comfort him, and she responded in just the way he needed.  That scene not only reflects how much their relationship has progressed, but itself was a moment that brought them closer.  I think we're *this close* to seeing him initiating physical contact.  He needs to reach for her hand the next time they go to the movies or give her a goodnight hug at the end of a date.

• Like 3

After sleeping on it, watching it 5 times and getting food in my system (I forgot to EAT!!!!) I can now say what I thought about 6x14

- I loved that they are together all the time, after work, discussing their days.

- I loved that she can easily detect his moods

- I loved that she ASKED him if she could comfort him and he said what do WE, not me or I, what do WE HAVE TO LOSE?

- I loved the hug, start to end to middle to back to front.

- I loved that he was shaking and hyperventilating and when she held him, he calmed down and when she let go, he started up again till she held him and he touched her arm. WOW.

- I loved that when Penny first said "Sheldon has a girlfriend?" He said..."No...I have a girl who is a friend but she is not my girlfriend" and now when Kripke says "You have a girlfriend..." he says "So?"

- I LOVED all the made-up sex life, the love she has for his genitals (LMAO), the NIGHTLY basis (he associates sex with nighttime) and BOY HOWDY ITS MAGIC (Remember he once said "Where did the magic go?")

- I loved that he thought making up stories about him and Amy made him 'look good'

- PENNY I LOVE YOU FOR ASKING

- He says its FREQUENT, INTENSE and WHIMSICALLY INVENTIVE - like WHOA! He's OBVIOUSLY given this ALOT of thought...

- I loved his initial reaction was that it was PERSONAL, not a laugh off, nor a flat out no...

- Before explaining he made it clear that he is QUITE FOND of her (So...its not that he's not attracted to nor that he doesn't love her)

- He is WORKING ON IT. He's having alot of self realization this season. He knows he has issues and he is WORKING to overcome them. He is becoming the man he wants to be (Spidey speech). Before he answered with the immortal words, just the fact that he is WORKING on it, meant YES, I WILL.

- He thought about it and said 'Its a POSSIBILITY'. I cannot even deal with this up to now.

- And captain of the good ship Penny herself.....let me love you and freak out with you at the same time. Please don't abuse Leonard..LOL...I love him

- Kripke's perversion gave us more gold : He was BUSY (intensely) squishing the DESIRABLE parts of her body (which is fond of)

AND...there is model rocket BESIDE HIS BED. He associates Amy, on a nightly basis with his BED. 

WOW.

This is just too much.

• Like 5

Good job Kiru Breezy!  You touched on everything good!

Off the shamy subject, I also really liked part where leonard made sheldon go to work, and realized that he was able to tell sheldon what to do... I loved it.  The relationship between sheldon and leonard is progressing too.

• Like 1

After sleeping on it, watching it 5 times and getting food in my system (I forgot to EAT!!!!) I can now say what I thought about 6x14

- I loved that they are together all the time, after work, discussing their days.

- I loved that she can easily detect his moods

- I loved that she ASKED him if she could comfort him and he said what do WE, not me or I, what do WE HAVE TO LOSE?

- I loved the hug, start to end to middle to back to front.

- I loved that he was shaking and hyperventilating and when she held him, he calmed down and when she let go, he started up again till she held him and he touched her arm. WOW.

- I loved that when Penny first said "Sheldon has a girlfriend?" He said..."No...I have a girl who is a friend but she is not my girlfriend" and now when Kripke says "You have a girlfriend..." he says "So?"

- I LOVED all the made-up sex life, the love she has for his genitals (LMAO), the NIGHTLY basis (he associates sex with nighttime) and BOY HOWDY ITS MAGIC (Remember he once said "Where did the magic go?")

- I loved that he thought making up stories about him and Amy made him 'look good'

- PENNY I LOVE YOU FOR ASKING

- He says its FREQUENT, INTENSE and WHIMSICALLY INVENTIVE - like WHOA! He's OBVIOUSLY given this ALOT of thought...

- I loved his initial reaction was that it was PERSONAL, not a laugh off, nor a flat out no...

- Before explaining he made it clear that he is QUITE FOND of her (So...its not that he's not attracted to nor that he doesn't love her)

- He is WORKING ON IT. He's having alot of self realization this season. He knows he has issues and he is WORKING to overcome them. He is becoming the man he wants to be (Spidey speech). Before he answered with the immortal words, just the fact that he is WORKING on it, meant YES, I WILL.

- He thought about it and said 'Its a POSSIBILITY'. I cannot even deal with this up to now.

- And captain of the good ship Penny herself.....let me love you and freak out with you at the same time. Please don't abuse Leonard..LOL...I love him

- Kripke's perversion gave us more gold : He was BUSY (intensely) squishing the DESIRABLE parts of her body (which is fond of)

AND...there is model rocket BESIDE HIS BED. He associates Amy, on a nightly basis with his BED. 

WOW.

This is just too much.

Damn I'm out of Likes! This run-through makes my heart melt as much as actually seeing it on screen. :wub:

I do not need to add anything more, except maybe the fact that the episode  really moved me, especially the hug scene. Sheldon is a very human, he discovers things that he had no idea, thanks to Amy he discovers the realm of feeling, touch, emotion. It seems to me that he really still can not cope with what he feels, he seems like a lost. All this is pleasing for him,  but he isn't able to name what he feels. As if there were  two  contradictions in him, on the one hand it is nice, on the other, as if he was worried and upset by the fact that something is changing it's different than before, there are other, new feelings. Especially  that every thing in his life  is a very well-planned and everything must be fixed in order to feel this comfortable.

Of course Mayim and Jim were wonderful and They really deserved for an  golden globe award next year.

Edited by silverangelD