The Shamy Thread! (Season 6 Edition-Spoilers)

MJistheBOMB

I love that in that last scene, even though Sheldon wanted to perpetuate the idea that sexual distraction might account for any lapses in his work, he was actually trying to do real work and felt they were making progress. He seemed to find Kripke's questions distracting and wanted to keep working, but, of course, now he's created a monster. :p

I wonder if all this sex gossip will be brought up somewhere down the line. I think we had speculated as to what Amy might think if she were to get wind of it.

BTW, do you think Howard and Raj might have heard the gossip or would they be in on the ruse like Leonard and Penny?

I really wonder if the rumors will reach them. I think in real life they definit would. Or Kripkie would come up to Sheldon in the cafeteria with some wild stallion speach. These guys can't keep a secret, THATS what we learned in the last 5 years. Would be funny to see the reaction. Especially of the girls.... and AMY!

There's definitely potential for this to be brought up later on. To be honest, I find it REALLY hard to believe this isn't going to get around, and especially there is no way Howard and Raj won't find out. All it takes is for Kripke to accost Sheldon while he's eating with the guys, so either Kripke finds out it's all a lie or Leonard has told Howard and Raj to play along. And if Howard is asked to play along you can bet he tells Bernadette. (And Bernadette knows about the bath, so it'll all snowball like crazy). 

I think, if the writers want to, they could use the Kripke lie as a way for Amy to confront Sheldon about why he's been spreading rumors (I don't think she'd be angry but most definitely curious) and for them to have THE TALK. And we could potentially hear more stuff from Sheldon that he didn't feel comfortable telling Leonard and Penny. This could be a nice season finale, to be honest. The rumor mill. 

It is totally possible that this will be just swept under the rug as a throw-away story though, but there's so much potential it'd be a shame if they do.

Edited by spook
  • Like 3

thinking of Amy and Sheldon having the TALK makes a warm feeling in my stomach. Sheldon beein honest to Amy about his thoughts and attempts of getting used to touching and physical contact would be a further step in manifesting their relationship. And I assume Amy's heart would explode, like mine at the moment.

There's definitely potential for this to be brought up later on. To be honest, I find it REALLY hard to believe this isn't going to get around, and especially there is no way Howard and Raj won't find out. All it takes is for Kripke to accost Sheldon while he's eating with the guys, so either Kripke finds out it's all a lie or Leonard has told Howard and Raj to play along. And if Howard is asked to play along you can bet he tells Bernadette. (And Bernadette knows about the bath, so it'll all snowball like crazy). 

I think, if the writers want to, they could use the Kripke lie as a way for Amy to confront Sheldon about why he's been spreading rumors (I don't think she'd be angry but most definitely curious) and for them to have THE TALK. And we could potentially hear more stuff from Sheldon that he didn't feel comfortable telling Leonard and Penny. This could be a nice season finale, to be honest. The rumor mill. 

It is totally possible that this will be just swept under the rug as a throw-away story though, but there's so much potential it'd be a shame if they do.

Yup!  TPTB just opened a BIG can of worms..:p

I think TPTB would be foolish to just toss this away. I  think they have potential for many interesting scenarios that could come out of it and plenty of laughs as well as poignant moments.  There is just too much there.   They usually do things for a reason, so I am choosing to believe it will be revisited and maybe multiple times at that...meaning little by little in various episodes between now and season finale.   I agree that this would be a great way to leading to THE TALK for season finale.

I always wondered why no one asked Amy about the bathing because we all know Bernie was there.  I still think that will play into all of this as well. 

Very good observations by everyone about Sheldon's specific dismissal of all the other activities of his care-giving than the vaporub.   I am looking forward to Tuesday to see what it will be about.  I am sure some of it will probably be Raj's storyline with the new love interest, but they usually make sure the main three couples have some air time as well.   So there might be something that will come out in a small way.

Update:  Actually, I just saw two sides for some minor characters, but it looks like Raj's first date is in episode 6.18 with the girl he meets on V-day, so maybe 6.17 will be more of the other couples.   Here is to hoping for more Shamy.  I would actually like for them to have actual scenes together.  I love all the progress that has been revealed and made when they are not together, but I miss them.  I  would love to see them doing something that is so them.

Edited by stardustmelody

About the gossip, as I said before, I believe Amy's going to hear about it, and she's not going to be happy.  I expect she'll demand an explanation from Sheldon and may demand that he either put-up or shut-up. She may even demand that Sheldon publicly deny the rumors.

Edited by eirwinrommel

About the gossip, as I said before, I believe Amy's going to hear about it, and she's not going to be happy.  I expect she'll demand an explanation from Sheldon and may demand that he either put-up or shut-up. She may even demand that Sheldon publicly deny the rumors.

Well it could go that way, but knowing Amy she'd probably be quite flattered. Though I'm sure it would encourage her to ask a few hopeful questions :p

I think Amy would have mixed emotions about the gossip. She'd be happy and kind of relieved that Sheldon thinks about stuff like that and wants people to believe that him and Amy have sex, but I don't know if she'd appreciate everyone knowing about her sex life, even if it is made up, but people are bound to come to her with questions about it. But of course, Amy has always wanted people to think she's a lot cooler and hip than she actually is. 

• Like 1

but this isnt a drama so i doubt they'll go that route.

I think Amy would be thrilled Sheldon was talking about their sex life. She can challenge him try an experimental test of the theory. ;)

I wonder whether these rumors will be picked up again, but I would like to see Amy's reaction to some of the stuff Sheldon has said. It's probably not likely to happen, but I would love a classic farce scenario where Sheldon is trying to keep Kripke and Amy from speaking and finding out what the other knows. Fraiser was excellent at it and did it all the time, I guess I miss that show.

Sheldon opening up a little more in front of Amy before this season's finale would be excellent. Aside from 6.01 and 6.10, we've mostly seen insights into their relationship when one is talking to another character; Amy's comments to the girls, Sheldon talking to Penny and/or Leonard.

I don't think Amy will be angry in the "Put up or shut up" kind of way. Not just because this is a sitcom or anything but because Sheldon hasn't said anything bad about her, he just said they have great sex.

I think she'll be very confused though, and probably unsure as to how to approach this and what this all means. And I think it will be the confusion that will lead her to confront Sheldon about it. Because I think they never actually talk about where they are going with this relationship. We know she has a 4-year plan to marry him and we know now that he is working on eventually have a physical relationship with her but they have never talked to each other about it. It's pretty heavy stuff for them to discuss and I'm not sure they are ready or even mature enough to do that just yet, but they will have to eventually. And I could see all this material with the gossip etc to be used as a catalyst for some kind of discussion in the finale. There's just such a build-up of stuff behind each other's backs this season, especially stuff Amy ignores, that it all has to come to a head at some point.

• Like 1

I don't think Amy will be angry in the "Put up or shut up" kind of way. Not just because this is a sitcom or anything but because Sheldon hasn't said anything bad about her, he just said they have great sex.

I think she'll be very confused though, and probably unsure as to how to approach this and what this all means. And I think it will be the confusion that will lead her to confront Sheldon about it. Because I think they never actually talk about where they are going with this relationship. We know she has a 4-year plan to marry him and we know now that he is working on eventually have a physical relationship with her but they have never talked to each other about it. It's pretty heavy stuff for them to discuss and I'm not sure they are ready or even mature enough to do that just yet, but they will have to eventually. And I could see all this material with the gossip etc to be used as a catalyst for some kind of discussion in the finale. There's just such a build-up of stuff behind each other's backs this season, especially stuff Amy ignores, that it all has to come to a head at some point.

I agree, although initially it may appear that she just laughs it off and acts rather cocky...like she is the sex queen or something of Cal Tech and has the sex-god  boyfriend.   But I think it is ultimately going to lead to a talk toward the end of this season and possibly a kiss or ILY from Sheldon.   Somehow I think it is something that is going to be milked for the rest of the season and building.  It may be on the surface well received at first.  Then little snits will start between them, etc. that will lead to the climactic talk at the end of the season.

• Like 1

Probably right but would she care WHY Sheldon said what he said to Kripke?

Probably right but would she care WHY Sheldon said what he said to Kripke?

I thinks she will understand the why to be honest.  She knows how much pain Sheldon was in when he learned Kripke's work was superior to his.  She already understands how much saving face at work means to him and he probably will admit that Kripke introduced the idea.  He played along.  I am certain she will understand the motivation.   She probably would find it amusing and actually flattering in a way.   But she will begin to think about it after a while and that is going to lead to lots of misunderstandings, snitty behavior and tension which leads to a climactic season finale (at least I suspect that is what is going to happen).

both?

If the writer decide to explore the burnout I think she would care about why he wanted to save face. I think she'd probably would like to help him overcome his crisis of confidence, although she probably won't know what to do, but she'd try.

If the crisis of confidence was a one off, and she simply finds out about the rumor, I think she would care because she wants to know what's going on in his head regarding sex. I think she would see it, just like we do, as a sign that maybe he does have some desires and I think that as much as she is patient and good to him, she can find some reassurance in these rumors that he does find her attractive and wants more with her and that she's not alone in wanting more. 

If the writer decide to explore the burnout I think she would care about why he wanted to save face. I think she'd probably would like to help him overcome his crisis of confidence, although she probably won't know what to do, but she'd try.

If the crisis of confidence was a one off, and she simply finds out about the rumor, I think she would care because she wants to know what's going on in his head regarding sex. I think she would see it, just like we do, as a sign that maybe he does have some desires and I think that as much as she is patient and good to him, she can find some reassurance in these rumors that he does find her attractive and wants more with her and that she's not alone in wanting more. 

Damn, Spook, you should be a writer. :)

Damn, Spook, you should be a writer. :)

haha I wish! I love science too much, I would literally die if I had to spend my life not discovering stuff. But I've toyed with the idea of writing before. I actually think scripts would be more my thing because I don't have the imagination nor the consistency to write fiction/novels. I just have ideas for scenes and characters here and there. 

If the crisis of confidence was a one off, and she simply finds out about the rumor, I think she would care because she wants to know what's going on in his head regarding sex. I think she would see it, just like we do, as a sign that maybe he does have some desires and I think that as much as she is patient and good to him, she can find some reassurance in these rumors that he does find her attractive and wants more with her and that she's not alone in wanting more

I don't get the sense that she really doubts his attraction for her.  She has her 4-year plan and seems confident that they will make love eventually.  It's always nice to get reassurance from your SO, though.  I agree there needs to be a "where is this relationship headed?" conversation between the two of them.  Not sure if he's ready for that yet, but eventually, and until then she knows how he feels about her.