The Shamy Thread! (Season 6 Edition-Spoilers)

MJistheBOMB

I don't get the sense that she really doubts his attraction for her.  She has her 4-year plan and seems confident that they will make love eventually.  It's always nice to get reassurance from your SO, though.  I agree there needs to be a "where is this relationship headed?" conversation between the two of them.  Not sure if he's ready for that yet, but eventually, and until then she knows how he feels about her.

I don't think she's insecure per se, either. Like you said, she's pretty confident in her plan. But I do think sometimes that a little bit of doubt creeps in, even in this episode for example, when she thought she was rejected by the boa constrictor comment. You can be the most confident person in the world, but sometimes it's natural to feel a bit insecure. Also, what she said to Bernadette, we don't really know whether she believed it or just wanted to believe it in the heat of the moment. It's like you might know someone loves you but it's nice to hear the words. 

• Like 1

haha I wish! I love science too much, I would literally die if I had to spend my life not discovering stuff. But I've toyed with the idea of writing before. I actually think scripts would be more my thing because I don't have the imagination nor the consistency to write fiction/novels. I just have ideas for scenes and characters here and there. 

You can do both.  :)  Look how many likes you have from your posts.  Damn, I'm not the only one who thinks so. :)

I'm toying with the idea of going spoiler-free for at least one episode. I'm already a couple episodes ahead, of course. I'd like to watch an episode, at least once, where everything is a surprise and them come here and read the taping report to see alternative takes, bts fun, etc. Alas, I don't see this happening anytime soon. I'm such a spoiler-lover. :) And the taping reports are so good. It's like reading an awesome story and then seeing it played out weeks later. 

Has anyone here tried to go spoiler-free, even for a little bit?

About the gossip, as I said before, I believe Amy's going to hear about it, and she's not going to be happy.  I expect she'll demand an explanation from Sheldon and may demand that he either put-up or shut-up. She may even demand that Sheldon publicly deny the rumors.

Put up or shut up, Sheldon! I like it. LOL. It would make him think a little if you know what I mean :-)

About the gossip, as I said before, I believe Amy's going to hear about it, and she's not going to be happy.  I expect she'll demand an explanation from Sheldon and may demand that he either put-up or shut-up. She may even demand that Sheldon publicly deny the rumors.

It's also possible that the whole story is a throw away and we'll never hear about it again. Ie. no reaction on the show and was just to show Sheldon's state of mind to the audience. Not to mention it was hilarious.

Edited by eirwinrommel

It's also possible that the whole story is a throw away and we'll never hear about it again. Ie. no reaction on the show and was just to show Sheldon's state of mind to the audience. Not to mention it was hilarious.

I doubt it.  They usually don't devote a whole episode and have it be a throw away.  They may do that with a line or two, but not with a whole episode.  This was too pivotal of one that I am sure it will lead somewhere.  It won't be consecutive...in other words, it won't be the very next episode...but it will come out episodes later.  We are seeing things come out now that happened back in previous seasons even.

I doubt it.  They usually don't devote a whole episode and have it be a throw away.  They may do that with a line or two, but not with a whole episode.  This was too pivotal of one that I am sure it will lead somewhere.  It won't be consecutive...in other words, it won't be the very next episode...but it will come out episodes later.  We are seeing things come out now that happened back in previous seasons even.

I don't know.  They still haven't addressed Penny's ILY, which is not to say they won't come back around to it.  This is definitely paving the way for more physical contact.  I hope it'll be revisited explicitly but it might only be indirect.

Edited by tmp

Hi Guys!!! or Howdy from Texas!!! :icon_lol:

I'm new to the site but not BBT!  I share all of your excitement for the Shamy!  I was reluctant to join in.  I have only shipped one other TV couple(Clark/Chloe) and it didn't pan out. 

I don't know.  They still haven't addressed Penny's ILY, which is not to say they won't come back around to it.  This is definitely paving the way for more physical contact.  I hope it'll be revisited explicitly but it might only be indirect.

I guess it depends on what you mean by "addressed" Penny's ILY.   I think the Christmas episode showed a much more confident Leonard.  She actually asked him if he was going to play D&D instead of having sex with his girlfriend and he said "basically, yes".  It showed him much more content and relaxed about their relationship because he finally knew that she loved him.   If you mean have they had an additional talk?  No, they haven't, but I think that is coming in 6.16 more (or more explicitly since the words were said).   But do they again talk about it specifically, no.  However, I do think 6.16 taping report shows that they are "addressing" it to a certain extent.  They repeat it, Penny makes it clear she loves him, and Leonard knows she does but will wait for her to propose next.  That seems pretty clearly a follow-up to the ILY episode to me.

• Like 1

I guess it depends on what you mean by "addressed" Penny's ILY.   I think the Christmas episode showed a much more confident Leonard.  She actually asked him if he was going to play D&D instead of having sex with his girlfriend and he said "basically, yes".  It showed him much more content and relaxed about their relationship because he finally knew that she loved him.   If you mean have they had an additional talk?  No, they haven't, but I think that is coming in 6.16 more (or more explicitly since the words were said).   But do they again talk about it specifically, no.  However, I do think 6.16 taping report shows that they are "addressing" it to a certain extent.  They repeat it, Penny makes it clear she loves him, and Leonard knows she does but will wait for her to propose next.  That seems pretty clearly a follow-up to the ILY episode to me.

That's what I meant.  People (myself included) thought there would be a conversation about the ILY, but instead it has been indirect.  I don't know that this will explicitly be mentioned again, but we'll see more physical contact.  I wonder what's the status of the RA.  They've been violating the physical contact part of it for a while now.  At some point, they'll just have to admit they've tossed it out the window.  That might be a good way for the writers to get S/A to have the conversation.

That's what I meant.  People (myself included) thought there would be a conversation about the ILY, but instead it has been indirect.  I don't know that this will explicitly be mentioned again, but we'll see more physical contact.  I wonder what's the status of the RA.  They've been violating the physical contact part of it for a while now.  At some point, they'll just have to admit they've tossed it out the window.  That might be a good way for the writers to get S/A to have the conversation.

I had a day-dream the other day of Sheldon throwing the RA into the trash. LOL.

I had a day-dream the other day of Sheldon throwing the RA into the trash. LOL.

Interesting topic for a daydream  :cool:

And I totally agree to your post that Amy would be turned on learning about the gossip. But I also think with time going by she will start to think of the implications that these may have. An even more about what's going on in Sheldons brain  :icon_lol:

• Like 1

The writers made a big deal out of Sheldon telling him having sex with Amy is a possibility.... and also there was a hint of his emotional side as well....

But how did they make it a big deal-- through Penny's ecstatic reaction....

I would have liked to see something like that TFSA...cause it was a similar kind of growth for Sheldon.... I don't know if I was clear enough in my previous posts or not....but I never said Sheldon should go down on one knee or something.... 

In brief I would have liked to the writers make more of fuss on Sheldon asking Amy to be his girlfriend..probably having him show a tiny bit of emotion.....and probably having Amy and Stuart getting a little bit serious (going on multiple dates.. only ;) ) .. and Sheldon getting more upset and then have a scene where he is forced to admit that Amy matters more to him than he can rationally explain.....I thought this would have had a far more comical and emotional resonance....but instead it felt like some development that just happened...

I'm glad that the sexual revelation was not treated in such a flippant way....And his admission seemed about as far as it was wise to push things at this stage....

I really liked the call back to vapo rubbing part because it answered all my previous questions like why did he choose to do certain things in the first place....and all this happened in the episode where he accepts comforting hugs from Amy...so his revealation makes perfect sense....and it was nicely done ..... :)

Edited by vasu
  • Like 4

honestly i wonder if the RA has already....gone, or been forgotten. i was thinking in 6 x16, amy asks what they're doing on V day and it is their date night or something, but surely sheldon would have a clause for that. i dont know, i feel somethings gone 

But they mention the RA in 6x10. I kind of feel like they don't really use it anymore unless it is to make a point. I bet Sheldon isn't yet ready to admit that they've violated it far too many times. lol. 

I'm torn as to whether I'd like to see Sheldon get rid of it or amend it. I think it'd be the sweetest gesture for him to rip it to shreds, but at the same time a RA is so them. I don't know how I feel about it.

Edited by spook

But they mention the RA in 6x10. I kind of feel like they don't really use it anymore unless it is to make a point. I bet Sheldon isn't yet ready to admit that they've violated it far too many times. lol. 

I'm torn as to whether I'd like to see Sheldon get rid of it or amend it. I think it'd be the sweetest gesture for him to rip it to shreds, but at the same time a RA is so them. I don't know how I feel about it.

I don't know if I want the RA to go away either. To me it seems that these contracts of Sheldon's is a way for him to feel secure and shows a conscious commitment to him from the people who sign it, i.e the the relationship, roommate, and friendship aggreement.  Its like a security blanket...and used to benefit him. Haha.  The only way his RA agreement with Amy would go away, is if they switched it to the marriage agreement!

Hello there!! :)

I was just re-watching The Vacation Solution.....It kills me every time how Sheldon pronounces the word "sorry".... 

Me too!  Amy won't put up with any crap out of him, and she wouldn't let him get away with anything less than a sincere apology.  The fact that he was willing to swallow his pride speaks volumes about his feelings for her.  The acting in that scene amazes me--such emotion and vulnerability in that one word.

• Like 2

Now that we are drifting to the past. Yesterday I watched TFGD and although Jims/Sheldons hands are really red from time to time, in Fish Gut they where FLAMING BRIGHT RED.  I know of Jims OCD, but I thought it had become better over the years.

(Maybe he bathed Amy to hot!)

Edited by Shamynatress