The Shamy Thread! (Season 6 Edition-Spoilers)

• Replies 11.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The Love Spell Potential Pictures (Just ones with Shamy in them)  

Before we bid adieu to this thread, I think we should take a moment to just gaze at how big this thread is. There are more posts in this thread than there are in Seasons 1-5 boards combined. This thre

I am dying here. What I would not give for a bone saw so I could cut your skulls open and get a good gander at how your brains work!   Only in Shamy shipper land could "Leonard gets a job offer over

Posted Images

BTW, I TOO agree that they need to address what the hell Alex found on the tapes. LOL.

Different expectations people might have from those tapes

Shamy's --    "I Love Amy"

Shenny's --  "I Love Penny"

Lenny's  --  "I Love L\P together"

Sheldon Purists' -- "I Love Myself"

I think its better if it remains a mystery ... cause you know everyone will be satisfied... :p

Anyways it seemed like a one-time thing....

• Like 4

Different expectations people might have from those tapes

Shamy's --    "I Love Amy"

Shenny's --  "I Love Penny"

Lenny's  --  "I Love L\P together"

Sheldon Purists' -- "I Love Myself"

I think its better if it remains a mystery ... cause you know everyone will be satisfied... :p

Anyways it seemed like a one-time thing....

Comic gold, my friend. LOL!...and so very true.

Edited by MJistheBOMB

I'll put on my best Kripke now..

Who said anything about wove? I had other things in mind.  :icon_twisted:

Also, I doubt the writers want to satisfy non-canon shippers to be honest, I don't see why they would worry about that. Not that I think they will actually mention the tapes again.

• Like 1

] Well and we all know what he thinks he [wishes he was?] is doing nightly with Amy, according to what he told Kripke. :icon_mrgreen:  So I have to believe they will revisit those tapes and something Alex discovers as well.  Besides, as Spook said, she does that :icon_eek:  look far too well.  :icon_lol:

I felt like there was more to the boa comment.  Not necessarily all just his physical discomfort (about touching and because she really did cuddle him super tight), but also there was so much going on in his mind that his mind felt strangled as well by a boa.   Feeling so deflated about having his work be inferior to Kripke (of all people), that had to feel like his heart was being squeezed (and his brain).   Likewise, we all know he has been struggling with his emotions and urges, etc. and that has to feel like he is being squeezed.  I took it to be ALL of those things (physical and the emotional, mental squeezing).   :shrug:  Just my take on things.

I don't know that the writers are really thinking that deeply. I do think that they have Sheldon's emotional progress in mind, but I don't think that their choice of the boa constrictor went that deeply as a metaphor. I think that in the moment it really was about the physical feeling, and his request for her to continue was his admittance that the hug really was consoling, not undesirable.

But I don't think the metaphor extends beyond that. I don't think he was thinking about his intellectual status in that way.

He was pretty straightforward about his feelings about his perceived failure in comparison to Kripke. He assumed that because Kripke's work was further along than his that that meant that Kripke was smarter than him. I don't think he would be thinking of his failure in such metaphorical terms.

At least, I don't think the writers were trying to draw such a picture. I think that for the most part the writers are pretty straight when it comes to what they're communicating to the audience.

• Like 2

Sidetracking the thread.

I LOVE going back to watch this interview and seeing the foresight Jim had! It's incredible. It's really hard to see this interview and think that this was shot before Amy was even a thought in the writers' mind. 

• Like 3

That is one of my all-time favorite Jim interviews. He was so perceptive and insightful about the issue of Sheldon falling in love and having to work around romantic emotions some day.. things are pretty much happening in the way he described them 4 years back. I also like how he made it clear that he would root for such a development on the show - 'it would be such a wonderful thing to play with him, and have him in an out-of-control moment'.

He definitely is our ship captain. :)

Sidetracking the thread.

I LOVE going back to watch this interview and seeing the foresight Jim had! It's incredible. It's really hard to see this interview and think that this was shot before Amy was even a thought in the writers' mind. 

Is this the Ausiello interview? For some reason I can't see the video--there's just a big white space... :(

Yes it is, Phanta. :)

I just love it when he says "special lady" with the quotation marks. I can't help but giggle and think of Amy. 

Edited by spook

I just went and found the video. And yeah, the "special lady" thing cracks me up.

He's so spot-on with his comments. I think that it really shows his understanding of his craft. He really seems to understand the show and the character dynamics and the nature of his character in particular.

A lot is made of all of the technical dialog he has to learn, or the Sheldon rants--and that's all very interesting to me, too--but not many interviewers ask him the kinds of questions where he can show how much he really understands about what they're doing and how his character is developing.

Wile he's not privy to where the show is going ahead of their current scripts, he really does know what he's working with.

Edited by phantagrae
  • Like 1

He's so spot-on with his comments. I think that it really shows his understanding of his craft. He really seems to understand the show and the character dynamics and the nature of his character in particular.

He does. We've discussed this before, but I think that comes across very well in this interview as well as in Tavis Smiley and the in-depth long (2009) interview in a restaurant, where he talked in detail about the ins and outs of the show and playing Sheldon.

As he once famously exclaimed, 'I know Sheldon'. :)

He does. We've discussed this before, but I think that comes across very well in this interview as well as in Tavis Smiley and the in-depth long (2009) interview in a restaurant, where he talked in detail about the ins and outs of the show and playing Sheldon.

As he once famously exclaimed, 'I know Sheldon'. :)

Yes,  he does, but I think we have to give authors and writers the credit they deserve. Jim can know so well Sheldon and be so insightful because they have done a wonderful job with his characterization, and- as he said in another interview- he really can trusts them.

PS. Thank you for posting this interview. I hadn't seen it!!

I'll put on my best Kripke now..

Who said anything about wove? I had other things in mind.  :icon_twisted:

Also, I doubt the writers want to satisfy non-canon shippers to be honest, I don't see why they would worry about that. Not that I think they will actually mention the tapes again.

They might mention them. If they do I think it'll have something that only Sheldon can decypher and he's not telling. At least not now, maybe later.

Edited by eirwinrommel

Sidetracking the thread.

So funny you bring up this video because I found it on YouTube and watched it for the first time last night. It was great to see him so enthusiastic about Sheldon getting a girl. Edited by MJistheBOMB

They might mention them. If they do I think it'll have something that only Sheldon can decypher and he's not telling. At least not now, maybe later.

The one thing I like about the idea of these tapes is that I've always been fascinated by dreams and the subconscious.  And both my sister and I have often talked in our sleep and have funny stories about each other from moments where one of us has heard the other say something funny or weird while asleep.

It's interesting and slightly creepy at the same time. :)

I'd love to see Sheldon having some screaming nightmare that he can't remember, where it recurs several nights in a row, maybe making him wary of going to sleep, only to have it turn out to be something really silly that's scaring him.  He's always afraid of such random things... "No, Goofy!" :icon_razz:

Moyra from FF board is also there so we have three sources this time.  I really am curious what they are going to do.  I know 6.18 is L/P and Raj/Lucy episodes so perhaps this one will be a Shamy one.   I am guessing since the spoilers for 6.18 have said that L/P and R/L will be in them, that perhaps 6.17 might be Shamy and Howardette?  

Moyra from FF board is also there so we have three sources this time.  I really am curious what they are going to do.  I know 6.18 is L/P and Raj/Lucy episodes so perhaps this one will be a Shamy one.   I am guessing since the spoilers for 6.18 have said that L/P and R/L will be in them, that perhaps 6.17 might be Shamy and Howardette?  

My guess is it won't be couples-related.  It might be separate boys and girls storylines or something else entirely.  I always root for Shamy episodes, though.  :)

Mayim just tweeted that from fringe is backstage

OK, so we know Mayim is in the episode.  Who or what from fringe is backstage?  I'm embarrassed to ask this, but is that a tv show or band or something else?