The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
MJistheBOMB

The Shamy Thread! (Season 6 Edition-Spoilers)

Like all of you, I enjoyed this episode until the non-resolution but I don't think that Sheldon would have been able to tell her at all, even afterwards. I think she would have had to work it out for herself.

Once again, Sheldon was emotionally hijacked by Amy. He knew exactly what he wanted to tell her but his excuse for not being able to was purely pragmatic to cover it up. Twice now he's excused himself from telling her how he feels because he's not some "hippy", blowing it out of proportion because he was frightened by the fact that his emotions were involved. The first time he did it was before they even started dating but the fact that even now it happens shows that he still hasn't adapted to having his logical mind flooded with messages from his emotional mind regarding Amy. So although he's come far, I think he still isn't ready to let Amy fully into his life until those two parts of his mind can finally work alongside each other.

I think it's a good sign though, I think it shows that they are moving at the pace we all enjoy watching :) I can't wait until he can finally admit his feelings to her :p

Edited by Razberrypie
  • Like 1

sheldon said her lips look slippery when she wears lip gloss, im sorry i cannot physically wait any longer for a kiss now this might be the end

I also noticed that all it would have taken was for Mayim to mess up her line and forget one word in that sentence and we would have had "I even stopped wearing lipgloss because you said it makes my mouth too slippery" and change the meaning completely. That would have been a shock. LOL.

I noticed the slight stubble on jim's face too (very sexy), plus amy looked great in her bright colored sweater.  The producers know what they're doing over there.

I'm so excited about the Skype call from 6x17 where she has her hair in a ponytail. She looks SO GOOD!!! I wish they'd let her wear her hair like that more often. 

• Like 1

I don't know when Mayim wears her hair down and a single long t-shirt I get all weak in the knees. Like that interview on set where she is wearing a leather jacket over a white shirt. *Sigh* :icon_redface:

I noticed the slight stubble on jim's face too (very sexy), plus amy looked great in her bright colored sweater.  The producers know what they're doing over there.

Very sexy, indeed. :)

And yes, the producers definitely know what they are doing!! 

To think we were all down in the doldrums when the taping report came out & now we are loving it.

My babies had a fight over something real & consequential. And it wasn't wrapped neatly in a bow at the end. The emotions are still there coursing through...I'm intrigued.

• Like 3

That's the power of Shamy. It seems it's impossible to be down anywhere that isn't in the gutter with them.  :icon_lol:

I don't know when Mayim wears her hair down and a single long t-shirt I get all weak in the knees. Like that interview on set where she is wearing a leather jacket over a white shirt. *Sigh* :icon_redface:

Yeah, but they're never going to let Amy dress like Mayim. The ponytail is still in character but she looks good. 

I am still hopeful that someday amy will get a huge makover of some sort from penny or raj -- even if it's just for one episode, I seriously want sheldon to see her that way.  the expression on his face would be priceless.

Is there a video or picture up then with the skype call!?

It's in that ET video Tensor posted in that other thread. The one with Jim making sexual innuendos, lol.

I am still hopeful that someday amy will get a huge makover of some sort from penny or raj -- even if it's just for one episode, I seriously want sheldon to see her that way.  the expression on his face would be priceless.

I'm not a fan of the makeover idea at all unless it's done in the total opposite way of what it usually is, with Sheldon preferring her the way she is. I think it'd be nice if they both had to go somewhere and dress up real nice, like he did for the awards for example, or some black tie event, but nothing that's a total makeover. I don't like the message makeovers episodes/films send. 

Edited by spook
  • Like 1

You know, I kinda think he wouldn't like it.  He doesn't like change, and we know he's happy with the way she is.  Then again, that new testosterone level might kick in and put him at the mercy of his baser urges.

You know, I kinda think he wouldn't like it.  He doesn't like change, and we know he's happy with the way she is.  Then again, that new testosterone level might kick in and put him at the mercy of his baser urges.

Yeah I guess it could go either way.  Since he didn't like the lip gloss, I guess there's a good chance he wouldn't like a makeover too. 

Edited by BazingaFan

I agree with you, Spook, about the message of makeover movies and shows.  I get so irritated at people who say Amy's not pretty enough for Sheldon.  First and foremost, if only beautiful people are worthy of romantic love, the human race would die out.  Most people are average-looking and still find love; even quite unattractive people like myself can be loved.  Second, are they blind?  Mayim is gorgeous.  The producers make her a little more plain because it fits her character, but Amy is still pretty.  They do the same thing with Jim, who I think is better-looking than Sheldon (as strange as that may sound).  I think both pairs (Jim/Mayim and Sheldon/Amy) are at about the same level of attractiveness as each other.  But as I said, it doesn't matter anyway because Sheldon clearly likes (loves, maybe even) Amy for who she is.

• Like 6

I also noticed that all it would have taken was for Mayim to mess up her line and forget one word in that sentence and we would have had "I even stopped wearing lipgloss because you said it makes my mouth too slippery" and change the meaning completely. That would have been a shock. LOL.

So the billion dollars question:  Has there been an off-sceen kiss already between these two? Is that what the line there is hinting, or something else? Why would Sheldon say, that lip gloss makes her mouth slippery, if it had no meaning... He has been looking at them at least... but making her mouth slippery for what? :wub: 

I think that it's obvious he is at some level ready to kiss her. Maybe he would like to kiss her, but then there is his hang-up with physical contact... If her kiss was fascinating for him already back there season 4, what it would mean him now after all the progress in his character and in their relationship. I think it will be the most tender, innocent, slightly awkward, happy moment when they kiss properly, if they haven't done that yet after the tiara scene! :icon_redface: I think it would mean a lot for him. Much more than "fascinating".

• Like 2

Yeah I guess it could go either way.  Since he didn't like the lip gloss, I guess there's a good chance he wouldn't like a makeover too. 

It's in that ET video Tensor posted in that other thread. The one with Jim making sexual innuendos, lol.

I'm not a fan of the makeover idea at all unless it's done in the total opposite way of what it usually is, with Sheldon preferring her the way she is. I think it'd be nice if they both had to go somewhere and dress up real nice, like he did for the awards for example, or some black tie event, but nothing that's a total makeover. I don't like the message makeovers episodes/films send. 

This is exactly how I feel about the matter. Let Amy look good with her current clothing but not a makeover, Please.

I agree with you, Spook, about the message of makeover movies and shows.  I get so irritated at people who say Amy's not pretty enough for Sheldon.  First and foremost, if only beautiful people are worthy of romantic love, the human race would die out.  Most people are average-looking and still find love; even quite unattractive people like myself can be loved.  Second, are they blind?  Mayim is gorgeous.  The producers make her a little more plain because it fits her character, but Amy is still pretty.  They do the same thing with Jim, who I think is better-looking than Sheldon (as strange as that may sound).  I think both pairs (Jim/Mayim and Sheldon/Amy) are at about the same level of attractiveness as each other.  But as I said, it doesn't matter anyway because Sheldon clearly likes (loves, maybe even) Amy for who she is.

Very well put! Couldn't agree more :)

• Like 1

Yeah I guess it could go either way. Since he didn't like the lip gloss, I guess there's a good chance he wouldn't like a makeover too.

After his conversation with Penny at the beginning of this Season about homeostasis and his request that she change her shampoo back "Green apple? What were you thinking?", I'm guessing no , he'd hate it.

Also, this goes back to the earlier asexual/America's Top Model row. He is not interested in what's conventional. He has never had a problem with Amy's looks. He fantasises about her dandruff :o

• Like 1

it depends for me. if amy wears a nice dress and does her make up hair all nice  for like one night out or something and sheldon doesn't think she looks nice i'd be pissed. but if it was a permanent make over i could understand him being like change back.

• Like 1

So the billion dollars question:  Has there been an off-sceen kiss already between these two? Is that what the line there is hinting, or something else? Why would Sheldon say, that lip gloss makes her mouth slippery, if it had no meaning... He has been looking at them at least... but making her mouth slippery for what? :wub: 

I think that it's obvious he is at some level ready to kiss her. Maybe he would like to kiss her, but then there is his hang-up with physical contact... If her kiss was fascinating for him already back there season 4, what it would mean him now after all the progress in his character and in their relationship. I think it will be the most tender, innocent, slightly awkward, happy moment when they kiss properly, if they haven't done that yet after the tiara scene! :icon_redface: I think it would mean a lot for him. Much more than "fascinating".

While I don't think there has been any off-screen kissing--judging by Sheldon's response to Penny's question about him having a physical relationship with Amy (which I think would include kissing)--I do think that he's probably thought about it.  I mean, maybe that's part of the impetus for his wanting to get over his issues.

But, knowing Sheldon, he could also have an opinion about the look of her mouth for its own sake.  I know that when I see ads on TV for "wet look" lip products, it kind of grosses me out and it does make me wonder what a guy would think about such lips coming at him--"Is that crap going to come off on my face?!", etc. :p

So maybe the look just doesn't please him and that's his way of expressing it.

I think that he has to have contemplated the possibility, especially since she has kissed him twice--once before and once after they became bf/gf--and if he actually noticed the lip gloss.  I still have a couple of scenarios in my head about how Sheldon might eventually make that particular move and I hope that at some point I'll see a realization of my fantasy that comes somewhere in the ballpark.

As for the makeover question, I can really see Sheldon responding negatively.  "Normal" female fashion doesn't seem to impress him either way, and I don't think that he would necessarily object in principle, like if Amy said she was going to dress up for a date or function, but if she suddenly showed up looking completely different, I could see him kind of balking at the idea.  He doesn't like change in his world and I think that might include Amy suddenly dressing like Penny or something.

But, really, he's seen Amy with make-up and with her hair styled a little differently--in the Pulled Groin episode.  She was having her make-up appled there in his apartment and he didn't seem to be interested or bothered by the idea.  Of course, if she were to do something drastic, like cut her hair or dye it or wear some low-cut top and short skirt, I could see him flipping out. :)

Edited because "low-cup top" and "low-cut top" have two entirely different connotations...

:)

Edited by phantagrae