The Shamy Thread! (Season 6 Edition-Spoilers)

• Replies 11.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The Love Spell Potential Pictures (Just ones with Shamy in them)  

Before we bid adieu to this thread, I think we should take a moment to just gaze at how big this thread is. There are more posts in this thread than there are in Seasons 1-5 boards combined. This thre

I am dying here. What I would not give for a bone saw so I could cut your skulls open and get a good gander at how your brains work!   Only in Shamy shipper land could "Leonard gets a job offer over

Posted Images

Sheldon was very gentle in the way he told amy, you could see he did not want to hurt her. On a side note I have noticed how much sheldon has become more aware of certain situations as well, that probably coincides with his meeting of the minds with Amy

I'll have to watch the episode again.  To me it didn't seem like he was being gentle, or maybe it was just the wrong time to tell Amy after her excitement of the voice mail message.

Is it just me, or is it getting to fustrating that after two years of dating Sheldon still can't initiate a hug to Amy?  Nevermind a kiss, I will accept seeing a hug or something.

I share alot of Amy's frustrations and IRL I have none of her patience, but the girl has a plan...so she may loose some battles but will eventually win the war sts.

I'll have to watch the episode again.  To me it didn't seem like he was being gentle, or maybe it was just the wrong time to tell Amy after her excitement of the voice mail message.

I thought he was gentle. He realized when she got so excited over the voicemail message that it was going too far and he couldn't wait any longer before she got hurt. That's why he has that look of panic already when she tells him about the message. Then when she asks "Is it because of the message?" and "I did everything right" the way he says "It's not the message" and "You did" was actually extremely gentle, especially for Sheldon, and if you look at him you can tell that he's being empathetic. Which is huge. 

As for initiating hugs etc to be honest I kind of blame the writers a bit. What frustrates me about the whole thing is that they kissed, hugged and cuddled before. She kissed him again 2 episodes after becoming official and he returned her hug in that scene. He was perfectly capable of cuddling with her for a whole evening. Yet now he's suddenly not able to return a hug. That's just backtracking to try and keep Sheldon "Sheldon", imo. I can totally understand them keeping him in character and keeping things slow, but when it comes to hugging especially, the whole thing is a bit ridiculous. It would have been ok if we didn't have all that physical contact in S5, now it's just rather inconsistent. 

• Like 1

I thought he was gentle. He realized when she got so excited over the voicemail message that it was going too far and he couldn't wait any longer before she got hurt. That's why he has that look of panic already when she tells him about the message. Then when she asks "Is it because of the message?" and "I did everything right" the way he says "It's not the message" and "You did" was actually extremely gentle, especially for Sheldon, and if you look at him you can tell that he's being empathetic. Which is huge. 

As pleased as I am that Amy was able to let out some of her frustrations, I wish we had seen Sheldon try to explain why he didn't want to live with her. I would have enjoyed seeing that mature Sheldon let his feelings be known, while trying to let her down gently. It wasn't until Amy became upset, that he thought to shift the blame to Penny IMO.

• Like 5

As pleased as I am that Amy was able to let out some of her frustrations, I wish we had seen Sheldon try to explain why he didn't want to live with her. I would have enjoyed seeing that mature Sheldon let his feelings be known, while trying to let her down gently. It wasn't until Amy became upset, that he thought to shift the blame to Penny IMO.

Yes, totally. I think the writers don't want to show Sheldon discussing his feelings with Amy yet, that's why they had her flip out while he was just starting to explain, which then resulted in Sheldon taking the easy way out and blaming Penny. I'm sure we'll get there someday, they probably think it was too soon. 

As for initiating hugs etc to be honest I kind of blame the writers a bit. What frustrates me about the whole thing is that they kissed, hugged and cuddled before. She kissed him again 2 episodes after becoming official and he returned her hug in that scene. He was perfectly capable of cuddling with her for a whole evening. Yet now he's suddenly not able to return a hug. That's just backtracking to try and keep Sheldon "Sheldon", imo. I can totally understand them keeping him in character and keeping things slow, but when it comes to hugging especially, the whole thing is a bit ridiculous. It would have been ok if we didn't have all that physical contact in S5, now it's just rather inconsistent. 

I see the hugging issue as being very different for him when it comes to initiating it himself. He's not so phobic as to push her away when she comes at him, if you will, but he only hugs others when he is overwhelmed by emotion (Nimoy napkin, trip to Geneva). I don't think he's had that kind of dramatic moment yet with Amy. I think that his feelings for her have been a slower, steadier progression.

If we don't get a Sheldon initiated hug or kiss by the end of this season I'm gonna jump down onto the set during a taping in season 7 and make scene. LOL. No, not really.

oh c'mon, you just want to take the opportunity to initiate a ShelBomb kiss yourself...........   or in this case would'nt that be a BombShel kiss?

(...and if you jump down on stage during the taping I am over, I will hold him down for you!)

But I agree. We need this and we deserve it. And it will happen. I am sure  :icon_lol:

Edited by Shamynatress
  • Like 1

I see the hugging issue as being very different for him when it comes to initiating it himself. He's not so phobic as to push her away when she comes at him, if you will, but he only hugs others when he is overwhelmed by emotion (Nimoy napkin, trip to Geneva). I don't think he's had that kind of dramatic moment yet with Amy. I think that his feelings for her have been a slower, steadier progression.

No, I'm not talking about initiating here, I'm talking about returning. In the V-day ep he doesn't, although that doesn't sound very different from the tiara hug, where he did. And int 6x14 they could have cuddled the way they did when she was upset in 5x08 but they didn't. The writers seem to be making a point of having him be stiff as a board when she hugs him now when he didn't use to in the past. 

Given the setup for 6x16 I guess we're meant to assume the reassurance partly occurred off screen, but also is partly going to occur on screen during that episode, even if it's not explicitly referring to 6x15. Penny essentially says that it's not that she doesn't want to marry Leonard but she isn't ready and she will propose when she's ready and Sheldon essentially tells Amy she's the most important person in his life. That's reassurance enough, imo.

I agree, and I said earlier that I'm glad it's happening in the next ep.  I'm not criticizing this episode.  To the contrary, I'm saying the feelings it gave me caused me to be introspective and learn something about myself.  It's not every day a comedy tv show makes a person do that.

If we don't get a Sheldon initiated hug or kiss by the end of this season I'm gonna jump down onto the set during a taping in season 7 and make scene. LOL. No, not really.

Is it bad that now I kind of want to see this happening? LOL.

• Like 1

No, I'm not talking about initiating here, I'm talking about returning. In the V-day ep he doesn't, although that doesn't sound very different from the tiara hug, where he did. And int 6x14 they could have cuddled the way they did when she was upset in 5x08 but they didn't. The writers seem to be making a point of having him be stiff as a board when she hugs him now when he didn't use to in the past. 

Maybe it also has to do with context--in the tiara scene he was trying to apologize and though he tentatively patted her back, I wouldn't say he was really returning the hug. And he did seem uncomfortable and even said, due to her reaction, that the tiara was too much.

In Cooper/Kripke, we don't know how long he let her hold him, but it was clearly because he was upset and he clearly wanted her to continue holding him, so maybe it was like the IP episode. Though they weren't lying back on the couch, he was kind of folded up in her arms.

I think that the only time he really hugged or held her was in IP and maybe that was only because they had negotiated their way into it. She was asking him for something and he finally agreed to the cuddling because it was the least objectionable option. So he held her as part of that negotiation, but not out of spontaneous affection or even returned affection, necessarily. Though he probably felt more affection for her than he was ready to admit (hence his "get yer women in line" rant.) :)

Given the setup for 6x16 I guess we're meant to assume the reassurance partly occurred off screen, but also is partly going to occur on screen during that episode, even if it's not explicitly referring to 6x15. Penny essentially says that it's not that she doesn't want to marry Leonard but she isn't ready and she will propose when she's ready and Sheldon essentially tells Amy she's the most important person in his life. That's reassurance enough, imo.

This is true but its bad story telling...

I don't see this season ending without something big happening in their relationship...

• Like 2

This is true but its bad story telling...

I don't see this season ending without something big happening in their relationship...

Agreed on both counts.

I guess I did'nt even understand what was the point of this episode...because the dynamics among the characters felt flippant in a way which actually imo ran counter to the slow progress that has been happening over this season

While I don't see it happening, I think it would be nice to have a scene in which Sheldon has the same "I'm working on it" conversation with Amy that he had with L/P.  Then again, maybe we're supposed to know that she already knows because she generally understands him pretty well.  I agree that it seems like we're headed for something big by the end of the season, either something physical or an ILY.  I think at this point they could easily progress to a regular habit of a goodnight hug without pushing Sheldon OOC. 

As far as a possible ILY, I don't think Sheldon realizes it's such a big deal to say it.  Somebody like his mother is going ask him if he loves Amy and when he says yes of course I do, his mother (or whoever else) is going to have to tell him it's important that he say it to Amy.

• Like 3

While I don't see it happening, I think it would be nice to have a scene in which Sheldon has the same "I'm working on it" conversation with Amy that he had with L/P.  Then again, maybe we're supposed to know that she already knows because she generally understands him pretty well.  I agree that it seems like we're headed for something big by the end of the season, either something physical or an ILY.  I think at this point they could easily progress to a regular habit of a goodnight hug without pushing Sheldon OOC. 

As far as a possible ILY, I don't think Sheldon realizes it's such a big deal to say it.  Somebody like his mother is going ask him if he loves Amy and when he says yes of course I do, his mother (or whoever else) is going to have to tell him it's important that he say it to Amy.

I would have said the same before hearing him talk to P/L in 6x14. The way he emphasized he is fond of Amy before anything else, and how serious he was throughout that talk. I think he's a lot more emotionally mature than we give him credit for. And then again this week, how he clearly and concisely narrowed down the problem in a way none of the other three were able to. And then next week he manages to understand how important it is to tell her that she's the only one he wants by his side if something bad happens to him. That doesn't sound to me like a guy who doesn't understand ILY is something important. I honestly think at this stage his bigger issues are in the physical realm than the emotional realm. 

Edited by spook
  • Like 3