The Shamy Thread! (Season 6 Edition-Spoilers)

oh LOL people when I meant first initiated affection I didn't mean anything pervy!! lol! I meant like a caress or a kiss on the cheek or something! 

• Replies 11.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The Love Spell Potential Pictures (Just ones with Shamy in them)  

Before we bid adieu to this thread, I think we should take a moment to just gaze at how big this thread is. There are more posts in this thread than there are in Seasons 1-5 boards combined. This thre

I am dying here. What I would not give for a bone saw so I could cut your skulls open and get a good gander at how your brains work!   Only in Shamy shipper land could "Leonard gets a job offer over

Posted Images

To me, kissing is one of the most intimate things you can do - even more so than, let's just say more advanced stages. I could see why it could be the hardest hurdle for Sheldon to overcome. But, and this is a big but, he's got to take the leap at some point.

Agreed. The more I think about what TPTB have said about Shamy and their vision for the couple in Season 6 and beyond, the more I am convinced that we should not expect to see a level of intimacy that would include kissing without some long-term build-up and maybe an extreme situation or event to serve as a catalyst. Believe me, I am as eager to see them take that step as the rest of you, but I think Sheldon's got a long way to go yet. That kiss is going to be HUGE when it finally comes (and I mean its implications, not length or intensity, lol). It will be a true confirmation that he has romantic, serious feelings for her...something that I think the writers want to keep us guessing about as long as possible. Keeps it exciting...albeit frustrating.

Does anyone wonder if we'll ever get beyond chaste little pecks when kissing finally does come? Can't picture Sheldon making out...at least, not outside of my imagination. ☺

Edited by Retroluv

I don't think kissing per-se is that big of a deal, because both times she kissed him he didn't protest or anything, he actually kissed back (well, tried to in the tiara scene, lol). I think it's initiating that's the issue, like I was saying before. As long as he can keep people thinking that it's not something he is doing because he wants to but because he puts up with it, he's fine. The biggest hurdle for him to overcome is his stubbornness and pride, imo.

I don't think they're ever going to turn into a "normal" couple, but we do know the aim is to have them sleeping together at some point, so it's inevitable that it will go beyond pecks at some point. What we get to see as the audience is another story! But they've managed to get Sheldon to do lots of things we've never seen him do before, so who knows. I'm sure they can find a way to do things in character like they've done with everything else.

• Like 4

that's interesting, I see it the complete opposite in the long run. I can see them "graduate" to more grown up kissing but I do not think it's going to be frequent at all. I can't see Sheldon being lovey-dovey all the time.

Edited by spook
  • Like 2

I should clarify: I meant to say that we may have to wait a while for a Sheldon-initiated kiss. He could be on the receiving end of one (and return it) sooner rather than later.

If they do graduate to more grown-up kissing, and we get to see it, I am going to be both surprised and delighted...but mostly delighted. Are you listening/reading, Bill Prady? We want to be delighted. Please make it so. :D

Edited by Retroluv
  • Like 1

I don't think kissing per-se is that big of a deal, because both times she kissed him he didn't protest or anything, he actually kissed back (well, tried to in the tiara scene, lol). I think it's initiating that's the issue, like I was saying before. As long as he can keep people thinking that it's not something he is doing because he wants to but because he puts up with it, he's fine. The biggest hurdle for him to overcome is his stubbornness and pride, imo.

I don't think they're ever going to turn into a "normal" couple, but we do know the aim is to have them sleeping together at some point, so it's inevitable that it will go beyond pecks at some point. What we get to see as the audience is another story! But they've managed to get Sheldon to do lots of things we've never seen him do before, so who knows. I'm sure they can find a way to do things in character like they've done with everything else.

I totally agree that stubbornness and pride are a big issue with him.  I think that is probably even bigger than the touch aversion. He clearly has not had an issue in the past when Amy kissed him and he kissed back.  Yes there was a little saliva involved because you could see it when Jim's lips were puckered out to her.  :icon_lol:   But he still was able to overcome that without any problem.   So I think it really is more fear and pride.   I think he is afraid of his feelings, afraid of what she may expect as a next step, afraid of all the teasing he gave to others and what may come his way, afraid of what his mother would think (although this is probably lower on the list), afraid of dependencies (his to Amy and Amy's to him), and I also think a part of him is afraid to grow up and be in an adult relationship.   So he has more fear to overcome than touch aversion issues.   He also has pride...which we all know he lives to condescend others.  :icon_lol:

Yes, Bill, we want to be delighted indeed!   Surprise us and delight us! 

Edited by stardustmelody
  • Like 4

All I have to say is Amy looked so hot I was ready to kiss her myself :p

I am so happy about this because maybe finally people will stop saying Sheldon can do "better"  :icon_rolleyes:

• Like 2

I totally agree that stubbornness and pride are a big issue with him. I think that is probably even bigger than the touch aversion. He clearly has not had an issue in the past when Amy kissed him and he kissed back. Yes there was a little saliva involved because you could see it when Jim's lips were puckered out to her. :icon_lol: But he still was able to overcome that without any problem. So I think it really is more fear and pride. I think he is afraid of his feelings, afraid of what she may expect as a next step, afraid of all the teasing he gave to others and what may come his way, afraid of what his mother would think (although this is probably lower on the list), afraid of dependencies (his to Amy and Amy's to him), and I also think a part of him is afraid to grow up and be in an adult relationship. So he has more fear to overcome than touch aversion issues. He also has pride...which we all know he lives to condescend others. :icon_lol:

Yes, Bill, we want to be delighted indeed! Surprise us and delight us!

I think you really hit the nail on the head.

Just didn't feel that liking this was enough, so I'm quoting you and adding my emphatic agreement!

I am so happy about this because maybe finally people will stop saying Sheldon can do "better" :icon_rolleyes:

I really feel like Amy has looked so much cuter this season. Can't put my finger on what it is that's changed, but she's been looking quite pretty lately (wool and polyester sweaters notwithstanding).

Of course, IMO, Mayim is a beautiful, elegant woman, but in the past Amy was made to look plain and frumpy. Now, she's more nerdy cute. ;)

You guys are good, very insightful.  I agree that initiating physical contact is the hurdle more so than kissing.  I said this a while back so pardon the repeat, but I really think he's like a 12 year old kid who wants his parents to hug him but hides it because he's trying to be all cool and grown up.  That's why Sheldon only half-heartedly protests when she touches him and he looks for excuses to touch her that don't require him to admit he likes it.  Twice he has let his guard down, both in emotional situations:  the rush of excitement and worry when Howard went into space, and then when he was upset about Kripke.

The physical contact hang-up is IMO part of a larger discomfort with emotions and sentimentality.  With the exception of his mother and especially MeeMaw, he doesn't easily admit that he cares about someone.  Amy is gradually getting into that elite group; he expresses his affection but is still very reserved.  Over time, as he learns to trust her more, he will be more willing to be more open about his feelings, though as you all said he'll never stop being Sheldon.  I think that's one thing that we probably are all touched by--he is so reluctant to express caring that when he does it means his feelings are very strong. 

• Like 1

I totally agree that stubbornness and pride are a big issue with him.  I think that is probably even bigger than the touch aversion. He clearly has not had an issue in the past when Amy kissed him and he kissed back.  Yes there was a little saliva involved because you could see it when Jim's lips were puckered out to her.  :icon_lol:   But he still was able to overcome that without any problem.   So I think it really is more fear and pride.   I think he is afraid of his feelings, afraid of what she may expect as a next step, afraid of all the teasing he gave to others and what may come his way, afraid of what his mother would think (although this is probably lower on the list), afraid of dependencies (his to Amy and Amy's to him), and I also think a part of him is afraid to grow up and be in an adult relationship.   So he has more fear to overcome than touch aversion issues.   He also has pride...which we all know he lives to condescend others.  :icon_lol:

Yes, Bill, we want to be delighted indeed!   Surprise us and delight us! 

I agree. And as noted Retroluv, it must be a long process of getting to something more than their first kiss, gentle small steps as the first kiss was , which he liked, he closed his eyes and  kissed her back. Amy needs to be patient and gently persuade him, intimacy needs to be build gradually  between them. I think maybe the one hand, her feelings are so strong that it is possible, or on the other hand she might  will lose

her  patience, as occurred when Sheldon said that she could not live with him, the writers have the door open, and may actually

Amy-gone-away-for-2 or 3 episodes  would be something what would gently pushed him and he would quicker realize that his feelings are stronger than fear and pride.

By the way HAPPY VALENTINES DAY FOR EVERY ONE3649h.gif

Edited by silverangelD

If you notice though, Amy only ever loses it when there's a very specific reason to. 1) Her accomplishment being dismissed, 2) His standing her up at the birthday party, 3) Inviting Raj to their date, 4) Wil Wheaton (although she was in the wrong too there but didn't realize), 5) Him being a coward and not telling her what he felt. She's never just had an hissy fit for no reason. That's why I don't buy it when people say that her outburst in 6x15 is a sign of underlying discontent. She just gets angry when there's actually a logical reason to get angry. If she does A, B and C and doesn't get D she flips out because to her it doesn't make sense. Other than that, she's never expressed any doubts or insecurity about the relationship.

Not that they might not go there at some point, but so far I don't see it.

• Like 3

I agree with this. I suppose I should have phrased my comment differently -that Sheldon initiating a kiss and not just participating in one thrust upon him is a huge step. But, you are right this us due to his deeper emotional fears, stubbornness and pride.

If you notice though, Amy only ever loses it when there's a very specific reason to. 1) Her accomplishment being dismissed, 2) His standing her up at the birthday party, 3) Inviting Raj to their date, 4) Wil Wheaton (although she was in the wrong too there but didn't realize), 5) Him being a coward and not telling her what he felt. She's never just had an hissy fit for no reason. That's why I don't buy it when people say that her outburst in 6x15 is a sign of underlying discontent. She just gets angry when there's actually a logical reason to get angry. If she does A, B and C and doesn't get D she flips out because to her it doesn't make sense. Other than that, she's never expressed any doubts or insecurity about the relationship.

I  wasn't meant some big quarrel  to break up with him. Yes she is very patient with him, but who knows what the writters will do. And I wasn't meant that she exprseesd any doubst or insecurity about the relationship, it's just the more such situations which you describe will be  , where it will be a valid reason, the less patient she can be. But Sheldon will probably  be  more mature to love so who knows. I'm not saying they will. At least  it's a sitcom so anything can happen. Perhaps the writers will have such the ideas  that none of us have in mind.

I wasn't meant anything bad for them. I love them too.

Edited by silverangelD

I  wasn't meant some big quarrel  to break up with him. Yes she is very patient with him, but who knows what the writters will do. And I wasn't meant that she exprseesd any doubst or insecurity about the relationship, it's just the more such situations which you describe will be  , where it will be a valid reason, the less patient she can be. But Sheldon will probably  be  more mature to love so who knows. I'm not saying they will. At least  it's a sitcom so anything can happen. Perhaps the writers will have such the ideas  that none of us have in mind.

I wasn't meant anything bad for them. I love them too.

Oh I was just making a general point, inspired by your post, I didn't mean you implied any of those things :)

eta: Changing the subject, I was just thinking I'd be very curious to see Amy jealous. That's something we've never seen before (Alex doesn't count, she was more suspicious than jealous there and it lasted half a scene). It'd be funny if some random girl just started hitting on Sheldon, and of course him being Sheldon is totally oblivious to what's happening, but Amy gets all flustered. It might be a good plot device to get him to open up to her about how he feels if he sees her being insecure about it. 

Edited by spook

Oh I was just making a general point, inspired by your post, I didn't mean you implied any of those things :)

OK... :icon_razz: I know,I need to admit that I want them to be closer to each other, but regardless of this I know I have to be patient. :icon_redface:

Jealous Amy? I could dig that. It could be a good catalyst to get them, Sheldon moreso, discussing their feelings.

I'm for any movement forward in the relationship and I trust the writers will come up with something surprising, yet classically Shamy.

I agree, I think I said this somewhere. I don't see her occasional outbursts as a sign of dissatisfaction and frustration with the relationship at all. For the most part, she seems content with their pace and quite confident of further progress. It's only when specific issues arise (some of them were actually related to her profession and not their relationship) that she starts expressing her disapproval and asking for more considerate treatment. That's actually desirable in a relationship, and it shows that she's no doormat or blind in her admiration of him.

I would be interested in seeing jealous Amy, though we did get a glimpse of her in Higgs Boson Observation. More leaving her scent around? :p

Specifically, as you say, Sheldon's reaction to Amy being jealous or insecure would be worth seeing, because it would probably lead to some heartfelt (albeit expressed in odd Sheldonesque ways) reassurances from him regarding his commitment to her.

Edited by Pomita

I agree, I think I said this somewhere. I don't see her occasional outbursts as a sign of dissatisfaction and frustration with the relationship at all. For the most part, she seems content with their pace and quite confident of further progress. It's only when specific issues arise (some of them were actually related to her profession and not their relationship) that she starts expressing her disapproval and asking for more considerate treatment. That's actually desirable in a relationship, and it shows that she's no doormat or blind in her admiration of him.

I would be interested in seeing jealous Amy, though we did get a glimpse of her in Higgs Boson Observation. More leaving her scent around? :p

Specifically, as you say, Sheldon's reaction to Amy being jealous or insecure would be worth seeing, because it would probably lead to some heartfelt (albeit expressed in odd Sheldonesque ways) reassurances from him regarding his commitment to her.

That's territorial Amy. I meant jealous as in a vulnerable type of jealous, rather than kick-your-ass jealous. I don't think it would lead to reassurances if she were to spread her scent around :p 

That's territorial Amy. I meant jealous as in a vulnerable type of jealous, rather than kick-your-ass jealous. I don't think it would lead to reassurances if she were to spread her scent around :p

Yes, that's sort of what I meant.

I'm also curious as to what her scent-spreading could lead to.  :icon_mrgreen: 

I'd LOL if Ramona came back. Not only for the full Garfunkel and Oates on set but I imagine she'd probably track Amy down in that creepy way like she did with Sheldon just to find out more about her. To be honest I don't really mind who it is as long as Amy has someone to legitimately set her cocaine addicted monkeys on :D. I also like Pomita's point about some sweet Sheldony reassurance from her boyfriend. Like he finds her worry confusing and irrational because there is no plausable explanation for why he would ever leave her :p.

• Like 4

I'd LOL if Ramona came back. Not only for the full Garfunkel and Oates on set but I imagine she'd probably track Amy down in that creepy way like she did with Sheldon just to find out more about her. To be honest I don't really mind who it is as long as Amy has someone to legitimately set her cocaine addicted monkeys on :D. I also like Pomita's point about some sweet Sheldony reassurance from her boyfriend. Like he finds her worry confusing and irrational because there is no plausable explanation for why he would ever leave her :p.

OMG! Yes! Bring Ramona back! they can all have lunch in the cafeteria with Raj and Lucy, that'd be hilarious!