The Shamy Thread! (Season 6 Edition-Spoilers)

I love how Sheldon decided to give Amy a gift that he came up with himself.  It accomplished  three things.  One, he knew it would show Amy how important she is in his life without having to say hippy dippy words on Valentine's.  Two, it moved Sheldon further along in his commitment to Amy, almost like he is lining up for things to come.  Third,  he's been going to the hospital everyday....so he gets to see her more!!!!!  Love the shamy!!!

I also like how she sat in his spot.  I notice it right off!  Sheldon didn't even tick!!  He was comfortable with her there

Edited by ShamyFTW
  • Like 1

• Replies 11.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The Love Spell Potential Pictures (Just ones with Shamy in them)  

Before we bid adieu to this thread, I think we should take a moment to just gaze at how big this thread is. There are more posts in this thread than there are in Seasons 1-5 boards combined. This thre

I am dying here. What I would not give for a bone saw so I could cut your skulls open and get a good gander at how your brains work!   Only in Shamy shipper land could "Leonard gets a job offer over

Posted Images

I love how Sheldon decided to give Amy a gift that he came up with himself.  It accomplished  three things.  One, he knew it would show Amy how important she is in his life without having to say hippy dippy words on Valentine's.  Two, it moved Sheldon further along in his commitment to Amy, almost like he is lining up for things to come.  Third,  he's been going to the hospital everyday....so he gets to see her more!!!!!  Love the shamy!!!

I also like how she sat in his spot.  I notice it right off!  Sheldon didn't even tick!!  He was comfortable with her there

I have to add to my own post.  Sheldon going to the hospital frequent shows that he likes Amy's attention!!!!!

Our Shelly is a bit of a hypochondriac isn't he? He seems to be using that to get even more time and attention from his girlfriend. Who knows how far he will go with this newfound power. We all recall how he gets when he doesn't get the attention he feels he deserves when he literally made himself ill to make his mum take care of him. Perhaps we shall see him being cared for by Amy in the future. *Licks lips* I for one, miss Sheldon's chest as it is being rubbed down with Vaporub and I'm betting Amy shall be More than willing to care for her boyfriend and give him 'whatever' he may need! ;-)

• Like 1

Another observation I forgot to mention: Eyecoitus was mentioned in the Episode Thread and I must say -- Sheldon gazing so deeply into Amy's eyes not only at the doorway but as he sits next to her -- is the look of A Man IN Love! He may not be ready to acknowledge it yet but the feeling is right there in his gaze, plain as day!

Another observation I forgot to mention: Eyecoitus was mentioned in the Episode Thread and I must say -- Sheldon gazing so deeply into Amy's eyes not only at the doorway but as he sits next to her -- is the look of A Man IN Love! He may not be ready to acknowledge it yet but the feeling is right there in his gaze, plain as day!

Yes, and it's obvious that she loves him right back. 

There seemed to be symbolism in her sitting in his spot on the couch and then scooting over.  It was like she stepped into the center of his world and he was totally comfortable with it, but she didn't force her way in and instead gave him some room to be himself.

Sorry for all the corny posts; I'm just totally blown away by this episode.  :wub:

• Like 7

For a moment I just need to say something in a Safe Place: Could I beg a favour? Could we all Stop posting in that other Shamy Hating Thread, please? Even I have tried to go in there, be reasonable and have a rational discussion but alas the current Last Post is so utterly offensive, even I see: it is entirely Pointless to bother trying to have a rational conversation with that type of Hatred flying around like shite in a hurricane. Honestly the current last is beyond the pale and as much as I enjoy debating and interacting with the Topic Starter the other person is NOT interested in that level of semi-polite participation. Please, I beg you all: let that thread DIE!

The main reason I ask this is because the topic starter stated that only threads of that type keep going and I would like to prove that theory Wrong. Not because of that person but because of the other.

Thank you for listening to my Rant and being so understanding. This thread is my Happy, Safe Place and I think it is for a great number of people as well!

TMP: *Sticks out tongue* (On my mobile the symbols are simply unavailable.) Amy is so obviously In Love with Sheldon I didn't feel the need to state it. (*Teasing to lighten my bad mood from that other thread.*)

I agree with you about her stepping into his world and NOT forcing her way in as those other people Insist is the case!

EDITED: Spelling of the final word. Ironically enough.

Edited by The God Particle
  • Like 6

I almost cried when Amy read her name at the bottom of that paper and found out SHeldon made her his emergency contact.    MAYIM DESERVES THAT EMMY!!  She and Jim nailed all emotional moments in that scene without being too over top with it the way Lenny always end up doing.  Jim's fake smile as SHeldon was hilarious, but what warmed my heart was seeing his face light up for real and the geniune smile he had on his face when Amy was reading the paper.  It was perfect!!  Amy is best girfriend ever for him, he better never let her go cause she was actually thinking about him and willing to give up the night she wanted for him unlike *cough Penny cough*   MAN IS SHAMY THE BEST OR WHAT!!  :icon_biggrin:   I know there was no kiss tonight, but the hug was hilarious and I love it that even though Sheldon isn't comfortable with hugging all time, he still never pulls away or gets mad he just lets her get it out.  He really is best boyfriend she could ever ask for too. I hope they never break up and well yeah I'm basically already planning their wedding in my head lol.   As of now I'm still on Amy's four year plan timeline and  I say maybe when they get married it should destination wedding either  at the Large Hadron Collider in Switzerland or where ever they filming next Star Wars films and then they can take a train ride around Europe for their honeymoon and Amy should wear a lovely gray wedding dress and her tiara of course...and yes there must be Klingon invitations and perhaps some SKYWRITING. 

I also loved that Sheldon cares so little about money that he just pulls it out from everywhere and was willing to let Alex spend $2000 on presents for Amy.  But, in end the free present he gave her meant so much more just like free present she gave him of cancelling reservation so they can stay home though well I guess maybe Amy was paying for the pizza, but still thats not the point its thought that counts lol.  SHAMY really have grown so much as a couple and frankly I love them lot more than I do Lenny now and forever. Just the fact that Amy was still willing to go see about him even though she knew his illness was going be nothing big probably just a mosquito bite or something and she was so busy at work at the end, but she went anyway yeah that was awesome.  I really can't say enough good things about this couple.  I just know i'll be watching Shamy scenes most every week and rewind them over and over the most because of how great they are together. 

Edited by Superlovelexi
  • Like 1

Well, most of the stuff I was going to say has been said already. :p

I do have to say though, that I do hope this is the last time we see physical interaction between these two with Sheldon being exasperated. I think by now it's getting forced and it's only done because they're afraid the purists are going to freak out. Imo, there was NO reason he couldn't have returned the hug while saying his lines and show the audience he was both exasperated but enjoying it at the same time. Yes, it was cute, it was funny, but imo it could have been a lot better. 

I do, on the other hand, liked the whole premise of the date. I truly believe they were the only two that got the spirit of the holiday (even though I hate the holiday). Amy is just the most amazing girlfriend one could ask for. And while I do think Sheldon's gift showed leaps and bounds of maturity on his part, he has a lot to catch up on to make up for how good she is to him. 

Edited by spook
  • Like 3

Well, most of the stuff I was going to say has been said already. :p

I do have to say though, that I do hope this is the last time we see physical interaction between these two with Sheldon being exasperated. I think by now it's getting forced and it's only done because they're afraid the purists are going to freak out. Imo, there was NO reason he couldn't have returned the hug while saying his lines and show the audience he was both exasperated but enjoying it at the same time. Yes, it was cute, it was funny, but imo it could have been a lot better. 

I do, on the other hand, liked the whole premise of the date. I truly believe they were the only two that got the spirit of the holiday (even though I hate the holiday). Amy is just the most amazing girlfriend one could ask for. And while I do think Sheldon's gift showed leaps and bounds of maturity on his part, he has a lot to catch up on to make up for how good she is to him. 

I'm grateful for this post Spook. So very grateful!
  • Like 2

I truly cannot imagine ANYONE on this planet being more perfectly suited for Sheldon than Amy. And he wants her by his side for the really scary moments in life...which, to me, speaks volumes about the seriousness of his feelings for her. I love the way he explained the reasoning behind his gift. He clearly put a lot of thought into it. And I loved the way he said so matter-of-factly, "well, you're my girlfriend." There was so much confidence in that statement. They are sooo in love. I know for sure now.

Edited by Retroluv
  • Like 5

he, I don't know that he doesn't enjoy it. I do agree that he will never be the touchy-feely Leonard type, but 6x14 showed that he is starting to like it. That's why this one seemed a bit of a step-back. Like you said, if he can initiate hugs with Penny twice for gestures that are below this, and Wil Wheaton (!), he surely can return her hug in this context. It wouldn't have been OOC. And to me TPTB did go out of their way to have him not touch her, they even cut the knee-pat. 

But, again, no big deal, I personally liked the scene because of reasons other than the hug. It's like 6x10: to me the best part of that episode was when he turned around and came back to her rather than all the touching stuff that went on later. Same thing in this one. The way he looks at her says a lot (although I think right at the beginning as they sit on the couch it's Jim smiling because you see that he suddenly goes from smiling to serious like he's just remembered "Oh right, I'm Sheldon" lol).

Edited by spook
  • Like 3

The way he looks at her says a lot (although I think right at the beginning as they sit on the couch it's Jim smiling because you see that he suddenly goes from smiling to serious like he's just remembered "Oh right, I'm Sheldon" lol).

I noticed this too! He caught himself, but the smile was still so sweet. :)

And to me TPTB did go out of their way to have him not touch her, they even cut the knee-pat.

It is strange that they would cut that. Seems like such an insignificant thing...and not OOC, as you said.

What's up with that, PTB?

That was the most beautiful episode. I was really touched by Amy's reaction, it's obvious that she loves him, and even he's never will be fan of touching and hugging I think that he will find his way to tell her that he loves her. I got tears in my eyes. :icon_redface:

mc900431551.png

Edited by silverangelD

It is strange that they would cut that. Seems like such an insignificant thing...and not OOC, as you said.

What's up with that, PTB?

Trying too hard, that's what's up with that. I find it hilarious that in the episode thread Moonbase, who is a purist, has complained about the same thing regarding the hug. They are starting to alienate the same people that they are trying to please by NOT having him touch her. LOL. 

eta: I can't remember if this was mentioned already here, but... SHE SAT IN HIS SPOT! Well, kind of, but still.  :icon_eek:

Edited by spook

he, I don't know that he doesn't enjoy it. I do agree that he will never be the touchy-feely Leonard type, but 6x14 showed that he is starting to like it. That's why this one seemed a bit of a step-back. Like you said, if he can initiate hugs with Penny twice for gestures that are below this, he surely can return her hug in this context. It wouldn't have been OOC. And to me TPTB did go out of their way to have him not touch her, they even cut the knee-pat. 

But, again, no big deal, I personally liked the scene because of reasons other than the hug. It's like 6x10: to me the best part of that episode was when he turned around and came back to her rather than all the touching stuff that went on later. Same thing in this one. The way he looks at her says a lot (although I think right at the beginning as they sit on the couch it's Jim smiling because you see that he suddenly goes from smiling to serious like he's just remembered "Oh right, I'm Sheldon" lol).

I noticed that about his little smile when he first was watching her read the paper.

I also noticed that he kind of bobs his head in sync with her when she was saying that gift-giving put a lot of pressure on him. She kind of ducks her head as she's saying it and he bobs his head at the same time. :)

So many wonderful little details in that scene. I love his reaction when she first says that she's thought of something better. He seems wary of what she has in mind, but then when she explains her idea, he looks so pleasantly surprised.

Such a sweet scene!! Dang!

Oh, and is it just me, or does Sheldon wear high-water pants?

I asked this over in the Sheldon character thread, but I noticed it in this scene (as well as in others) when he was standing at the door while Amy was telling him what she had in mind. I noticed that he seemed kind of "truncated", for lack of a better word.

I think it was partly his tucked in dress shirt, the straight bottom end of that tie (and it's horizontal stripes), and those pants that end right at the top if his shoes.

His usual outfits make his body look longer, I guess. But he still wears those high-water pants! :p

i'm probably a bit too late but gosh that episode was absolutely perfect! :-)))

they were just so sweet . and jim and mayim judt nailed it !

i cant wait to see what happens in may sweeps !

We're still in February sweeps so more to come.

< Lurking, since I have seen it yet > I'm getting so many feels just from what y'all are saying. :wub:

TGP - I agree about the other thread. I just read the last post, and I don't think there's much point in continuing. We're not going to convince them out of their negativity anyway, so why keep trying, when we can be doing nicer things. :)

• Like 2

I was wondering what was happening in that thread when I saw Tripper name pop up once. I was like "uh-oh, have things gotten a little out of hand?" :p I honestly can't believe that thread it's still going 2 weeks later, how much more is there to say??? lol.

tumblr_mi8waxMBDM1qcqxh7o2_400.gif

Goddamn these two! <3 (Thanks to Rubyanjel on tumblr.)

I thought what you said, Spook, on the other thread was interesting. I have noticed Sheldon acting kind of differently around Alex, still trying to figure out why...anyway, glad to see him be himself again around Amy :). I know the hug was a little fustrating but we're just building up even more to the insanity in this thread that will ensue when they finally have a proper hug! :D