The Shamy Thread! (Season 6 Edition-Spoilers)

< Lurking, since I have seen it yet > I'm getting so many feels just from what y'all are saying. :wub:

TGP - I agree about the other thread. I just read the last post, and I don't think there's much point in continuing. We're not going to convince them out of their negativity anyway, so why keep trying, when we can be doing nicer things. :)

So VERY not pleased by that woman's comment on we Shamy Shippers! Could she have been more Rude and Insulting? It is people like her that made me avoid the Forum as of late. But you know what I then realized? There is NO reason to avoid the Forum I love just because of ignorant, atrocious people like her! After all The Shamy's in here are outstanding people; kind, thoughtful and able to have highly intelligent debates. Regardless of what certain Negative Nancy'smay say in that Shamy Hating Thread -- we are some of the people who post more often than others and have such lively discussions.

As far as I'm concerned those Shamy Haters can go climb into that hurricane I mentioned earlier and get covered in what I said was flying around, because basically that is what they are spouting. Enough though! I don't intend to waste my time in their threads, nor discussing them and their cruel comments any further.

And may I say: Thank you for your words earlier. It is a pleasure to have you speak so elegantly.

Post Script ~ No. I am sorry but I do Not agree that it was Jim in the apartment scenes. Even if he had slipped, they would have done another take and cut it out. Since they left in, it IS Sheldon's reaction now. It may not have been originally, I concede but The Powers That Be left in for a reason: to show Sheldon's heart. If they did not wish to do so then it would have been sniped and replaced with another take.

EDITED: Grammar.

Edited by The God Particle
  • Like 2

• Replies 11.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The Love Spell Potential Pictures (Just ones with Shamy in them)  

Before we bid adieu to this thread, I think we should take a moment to just gaze at how big this thread is. There are more posts in this thread than there are in Seasons 1-5 boards combined. This thre

I am dying here. What I would not give for a bone saw so I could cut your skulls open and get a good gander at how your brains work!   Only in Shamy shipper land could "Leonard gets a job offer over

Posted Images

I dunno,  I'm finding the hug the least interesting part of the scene, and Sheldon didn't look exasperated....he has that look my bf gets sometimes  'Yes, yes, I rocked your world'

That entire scene was just BRILLIANT.  I had a Sheldon Amy search open on twitter at the time and the tweets started pouring in.....thats when it started to trend in the USA.

I really can't enunciate what I feel about it all.....there was something other worldly about it.

I'm not that caught up in the physical interaction for this episode....it was all heart. The physicality will come....because he is working on it.

HOLY CRAP squared, I just rewatched the hug scene and I think that Amy is *actually* crying while she hugs him. I just noticed it now because I watched it with headphones on, but you can hear her, I think. Or maybe I'm just going insane. 

• Like 1

What thread is that!?

. PM'ed you. Please resist the temptation to say anything in there in Response. 11 pages is ALL that thread deserves and actually it is 11 pages too many! Not only did the Thread Starter insult one of The Shamy's directly a few pages before, but that woman's post insults us all and frankly it is neither worth our time, nor our energy to engage them any longer.

Having said that I shall be Fair because that is who I am: The Thread Creator has NEVER been unkind to me and was quite reasonable and good natured in their Reply's to me, regardless of the abismal manner our Shamy Member was treated. The Thread Starter even made a rather kind tease to me directly before the other person posted that horrid Post. In all Fairness I have Nothing against him. Yet it is his Thread where she continually makes such grave insults and therefor I ask: Please do Not post in that thread. Let it Die and be forgotten because we have been keeping it alive far, far longer than it would on its own. Myself included. I'm guilty of trying to Reasonablly post in there to Disuss or attempt to disfuse the vitriol.

I dunno, I'm finding the hug the least interesting part of the scene, and Sheldon didn't look exasperated....he has that look my bf gets sometimes 'Yes, yes, I rocked your world'

That entire scene was just BRILLIANT. I had a Sheldon Amy search open on twitter at the time and the tweets started pouring in.....thats when it started to trend in the USA.

I really can't enunciate what I feel about it all.....there was something other worldly about it.

I'm not that caught up in the physical interaction for this episode....it was all heart. The physicality will come....because he is working on it.

Your reaction is my reaction on my first watch. It was all too much to take in at first glance and I required multiple watchings to really let it sink in, deeply.

HOLY CRAP squared, I just rewatched the hug scene and I think that Amy is *actually* crying while she hugs him. I just noticed it now because I watched it with headphones on, but you can hear her, I think. Or maybe I'm just going insane.

Yes. Oh, yes! Amy quite clearly has tears gathered in her beautiful eyes! That woman can no longer hold back what she is feeling for Sheldon there and breaks the physical barrier she had put up to make him feel more comfortable. It is telling that she only breaks it when her own emotions overwhelm her. How can anybody deny what an amazing girlfriend Amy is for Sheldon now?

EDITED: Used a wrong word by accident.

Edited by The God Particle
  • Like 2

Your reaction is my reaction on my first watch. It was all too much to take in at first glance and I required multiple watchings to really let it sink in, deeply.

Yes. Oh, yes! Amy quite clearly has tears gathered in her beautiful eyes! That woman can no longer hold back what she is feeling for Sheldon there and breaks the physical barrier she had put up to make him feel more comfortable. It is telling that she only breaks it when her own emotions overwhelm her. How can anybody deny what an amazing girlfriend Amy is for Sheldon now?

EDITED: Used a wrong word by accident.

No I don't mean she's tearing up before the hug, I mean she is crying while she's hugging him. I didn't notice it the first times because the audience is laughing but you can see she's kind of shaking and with headphones on I can hear that she's sniffing and crying. Again, I might be going crazy, but I'm pretty sure she is.

I also love her voice when she says "That's what we're going to do". It's so soothing and comforting. Darn. Everyone should have an Amy in their lives. 

More thoughts: Amy sat in Sheldon's spot! He did not become uncomfortable, nor did he demand she get off of it. Instead he was so excited and happy about her gift to him that he didn't even seem to be bothered in any way. My eyes when replaying that moment: :icon_eek: . While Sheldon's eyes are soft with affection and dare I say it? Adoration! ... Amy pats his spot and scoots over only to have Sheldon walk over and turn his body to her on the couch. The body language in this scene is telling: He is open to her, facing her, his legs are sort of relaxed and while they are not open, they are certainly not tight together as Amy's are but rather they are parted. Notice her legs are tight together, her hands are on her knees as she has done since the beginning. I found his more relaxed manner to be quite a progression, along with his cocky attitude about what an amazing and thoughtful boyfriend he is to his assistant. And that! May I say: I adore how Alex humors his insanity! As well as the way he puffs himself up over his relationship with Amy. We've never quite seen that attitude before concerning this, at least not to this degree. Could he have been more pleased with the fact Amy is his girlfriend? I think not.

Yes, the whole thing was very symbolic.  She sits on his spot, and then scoots over to make room for him and he comes.  They really thought this scene out, and it was done very, very well.

And does he really have all these emergencies all the time or is he just making up excuses to have her come over? Because if he does have these emergencies all the time, how on Earth does he get any work done?  :icon_lol:

• Like 3

And does he really have all these emergencies all the time or is he just making up excuses to have her come over? Because if he does have these emergencies all the time, how on Earth does he get any work done?  :icon_lol:

He just wants his Amy all the time.

One of my fave scenes was them climbing the stairs after work....:wub:

• Like 1

The whole episode is up on cbs, if you can see it.  I also like seeing them climb the stairs together.  A first for the shamy on screen and it was nice to see it.

I've rewatched the episode, and this really is a turning point for the shamy, in my opinion.  The past three episodes have been great, and this one showed actual sentiment on Sheldon's part toward Amy, and it was very outright and honest and he wasn't embarrassed or ashamed by it.  he knew how much his gift would mean to her -- it showed all over his face.

Much different than the "speech" he gave her earlier in the season from the spiderman movie.  That one seemed forced and not geniune, much different from the looks he is having now.

I think the next thing major shamy thing to happen from here is something that will cause sheldon to have physical attraction, and whatever it is, it's going to surprise and confuse him, and it will be played out with resistance -- but now his feelings are set, and it will be difficult for him to deny it... and, after this valentine scene, it will certainly be more believable.

• Like 2

Yes, I got that too! Since Leonard would be right in the same building with him if he acted like that all the time there should have been some comment before now. There are only two possible answers:

1.) He just wanted to make up emergencies to see if Amy would respond.

2.) The writers thought this was a great ending scene joke and they didn't care about the continuity, which they do all the time.

The whole episode is up on cbs, if you can see it.  I also like seeing them climb the stairs together.  A first for the shamy on screen and it was nice to see it.

I've rewatched the episode, and this really is a turning point for the shamy, in my opinion.  The past three episodes have been great, and this one showed actual sentiment on Sheldon's part toward Amy, and it was very outright and honest and he wasn't embarrassed or ashamed by it.  he knew how much his gift would mean to her -- it showed all over his face.

Much different than the "speech" he gave her earlier in the season from the spiderman movie.  That one seemed forced and not geniune, much different from the looks he is having now.

I think the next thing major shamy thing to happen from here is something that will cause sheldon to have physical attraction, and whatever it is, it's going to surprise and confuse him, and it will be played out with resistance -- but now his feelings are set, and it will be difficult for him to deny it... and, after this valentine scene, it will certainly be more believable.

I somehow think he already has physical attraction, or we wouldn't have had the whole 6x14 revelation. I think that the externation of that attraction is something that we won't see for quite a while, because it's sexual, and I think they're leaving the sexual stuff for later in the game. And when it happens that he is starting to get more and more urges I think it's going to be played out more in a embarrassing funny way than with resistance. Like I said, if he were resisting it, we wouldn't have had 6x14. This episode, in a way, was complementary to 6x14 because while that one was about sexuality this one is about his feelings.  

I think the next major thing to happen will be something physical but loving, not sexual. Given the tone of these two episodes.

Yes, I got that too! Since Leonard would be right in the same building with him if he acted like that all the time there should have been some comment before now. There are only two possible answers:

1.) He just wanted to make up emergencies to see if Amy would respond.

2.) The writers thought this was a great ending scene joke and they didn't care about the continuity, which they do all the time.

I think people are getting confused about Leonard being his EC before Amy. The time Leonard was called to come get Sheldon from the ball pit it was the police calling him, and he wasn't at work. I don't think he was called because he was his EC, and also it wasn't anything medical. Amy is his EC on his employee form (which I assume might be something to do with his medical insurance too, assuming he gets it through work like most people), so I think it's a different thing.

In any case, he did come up with the splinter thing in his boo-boos and ochies clause, lol, so maybe he does like to test her when he introduces something new :p But I also think it might just be that the writers thought it'd be a funny scene just for laughs (which it was).  :icon_lol:

• Like 1

No I don't mean she's tearing up before the hug, I mean she is crying while she's hugging him. I didn't notice it the first times because the audience is laughing but you can see she's kind of shaking and with headphones on I can hear that she's sniffing and crying. Again, I might be going crazy, but I'm pretty sure she is.

I also love her voice when she says "That's what we're going to do". It's so soothing and comforting. Darn. Everyone should have an Amy in their lives. 

Oh, I am so sorry: :icon_redface:. In my excitement from seeing the episode I have not been able to articulate my thoughts very clearly at all. *Embarrassed* ... You caught my meaning wrong in this instance because I have been in such a hurry to post and wasn't very precise with my words. It's completely my fault for being so imprecise. *Sheepish* When I wrote, "Amy quite clearly has tears gathered in her beautiful eyes! That woman can no longer hold back, " the no longer hold back part intending to explain that she broke into an emotional response with her tears -- crying because of how she felt in that moment, completely overwhelmed with love for Sheldon. I feel so awkward for not explaining better. This episode has been so breathtakingly wonderful I caught a case of The Feels quite badly and it has effected my ability to express myself clearly. :icon_redface:

The part that gets to me the most emotionally is Amy trying so desperately to hold herself together for Sheldon's sake and still loosing control of her emotions. It gets me every time and I start to weep in commiseration. Embarrassing to admit. I've never been one who "gets emotional" over a TV series, especially not a Comedy. :blush:  What can I say? Sheldon and Amy's relationship is one that touches some deep, well of empathy for me. :wub:

• Like 1

I know it's probably already been said, but I just have to say it:
there is so much love in her, whole  the melting mood, that she is so important to him, that he wanted her to be with him in difficult times was incredibly sweet and touching. This feeling in her  is overwhelming, that she doesn't  care for presents from Sheldon, the best gift for her is that he is happy. For him she wants to be in the apartment,and  she wants to watch what he likes, to do something that will make him happy. This is so beautiful and touches the heart. :wub: :wub: :wub:
And for Sheldon did not matter that she sat down in his place, only she was important to him in that moment, a gift from her, and when she hugged him tightly, regardless of this that he wants to stop her,  he  not pushed her away, he remained in her arms, and he liked it in some way. It is in his gentle smile. Just perfect couple :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub::excl:

And I want to say it that is pleasure to be here with you and share all of this feelings with you. And this is not flattery. Thank you.

Edited by silverangelD
  • Like 3

I somehow think he already has physical attraction, or we wouldn't have had the whole 6x14 revelation. I think that the externation of that attraction is something that we won't see for quite a while, because it's sexual, and I think they're leaving the sexual stuff for later in the game. And when it happens that he is starting to get more and more urges I think it's going to be played out more in a embarrassing funny way than with resistance. Like I said, if he were resisting it, we wouldn't have had 6x14. This episode, in a way, was complementary to 6x14 because while that one was about sexuality this one is about his feelings.  

I think the next major thing to happen will be something physical but loving, not sexual. Given the tone of these two episodes.

I think people are getting confused about Leonard being his EC before Amy. The time Leonard was called to come get Sheldon from the ball pit it was the police calling him, and he wasn't at work. I don't think he was called because he was his EC, and also it wasn't anything medical. Amy is his EC on his employee form (which I assume might be something to do with his medical insurance too, assuming he gets it through work like most people), so I think it's a different thing.

In any case, he did come up with the splinter thing in his boo-boos and ochies clause, lol, so maybe he does like to test her when he introduces something new :p But I also think it might just be that the writers thought it'd be a funny scene just for laughs (which it was).  :icon_lol:

I don't know.  They haven't shown really anything on screen to show he's had physical attraction yet.  It could be under the surface, but they haven't shown it.  He said he's working on his aversion to touch, and he said sex was a "possibility" after being asked outright by penny.  It could be interpreted that he's thought about it before, but they writers have not shown anything outright to show that he has really had it, or struggled with it.  The only thing so far that remotely hints at it was in season 5 when he mentioned her shoulders and the dandruff, and the way he looked at her in the star trek uniform, but his look was mostly one of fear at that point.

I don't know.  They haven't shown really anything on screen to show he's had physical attraction yet.  It could be under the surface, but they haven't shown it.  He said he's working on his aversion to touch, and he said sex was a "possibility" after being asked outright by penny.  It could be interpreted that he's thought about it before, but they writers have not shown anything outright to show that he has really had it, or struggled with it.  The only thing so far that remotely hints at it was in season 5 when he mentioned her shoulders and the dandruff, and the way he looked at her in the star trek uniform, but his look was mostly one of fear at that point.

That was so not a look of fear....he was so turned on he didn't know what to do with himself. LOL.

He's attracted to her or he wouldn't be thinking about having sex with her. C'mon, this is non-debatable at this point. 

All that's left to overcome are his mental blocks. 

• Like 1

Question, the show has 1 more wedding in it, who gets it?

Lenny or Shamy? 

This is very difficult question, because both Penny and Sheldon are have so much to do with their growing up to "till death do us part" thing. And there is a lot of fear in them, but Penny is scared other things than Sheldon. But regarding  this that Penny is afraid of commitments to death I think (but this is very-far reaching conclusion) it could be Shamy

Edited by silverangelD

Lenny or Shamy? 

why only 1? I thought the whole 4-year plan was pointing to a Shamy wedding, but I don't think they wouldn't have Lenny get married, that's the whole point of the show! If they only have one wedding they will probably have one getting married in the series finale and the other getting engaged. But I never thought there has to be only one more wedding.

I'm not saying we've seen it (although to me the ST roleplay wasn't one of fear at all, that's why he said "Don't stop"). He was just not used to that and didn't know how to handle it, hence the "I'm in hell". But one does not consider sex a possibility if they don't find the other person sexually attractive to start with. I just think he's only now started dealing with it, possibly after he saw her naked, and so he's waaaaaay away from embracing it.

eta: Oh, goddammit Kiru, stop posting my posts before me! LOL!  :icon_lol:

Edited by spook
  • Like 2

That was so not a look of fear....he was so turned on he didn't know what to do with himself. LOL.

He's attracted to her or he wouldn't be thinking about having sex with her. C'mon, this is non-debatable at this point. 

All that's left to overcome are his mental blocks. 

I'm mainly saying that the writers and producers haven't shown us outright yet that he is.  I began this by saying I thought the next thing that will happen is they will show us something that makes it very clear that he is and he will struggle with it and fail.

• Like 1

Lenny or Shamy? 

Why can't there be two?  Have TPTB released some information that I missed?