The Shamy Thread! (Season 6 Edition-Spoilers)

I'm mainly saying that the writers and producers haven't shown us outright yet that he is.  I began this by saying I thought the next thing that will happen is they will show us something that makes it very clear that he is and he will struggle with it and fail.

Oh in that sense! Ok, yes, then I can see that happening. But I feel that's going to be way way down the line, I don't think it's the next thing that will happen. I don't think they're going to show Sheldon having "urges" until they are getting close to having them consummate. That will happen in the same season, I think. My guess would be season premiere and then sex in the season finale. But they might throw hints here and there that aren't so obvious, like I think the aphrodisiac line would have been if they had kept that in. I can see more of that coming.

• Replies 11.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The Love Spell Potential Pictures (Just ones with Shamy in them)  

Before we bid adieu to this thread, I think we should take a moment to just gaze at how big this thread is. There are more posts in this thread than there are in Seasons 1-5 boards combined. This thre

I am dying here. What I would not give for a bone saw so I could cut your skulls open and get a good gander at how your brains work!   Only in Shamy shipper land could "Leonard gets a job offer over

Posted Images

Oh in that sense! Ok, yes, then I can see that happening. But I feel that's going to be way way down the line, I don't think it's the next thing that will happen. I don't think they're going to show Sheldon having "urges" until they are getting close to having them consummate. That will happen in the same season, I think. My guess would be season premiere and then sex in the season finale. But they might throw hints here and there that aren't so obvious, like I think the aphrodisiac line would have been if they had kept that in. I can see more of that coming.

You don't think they need an episode showing attraction before he gives her a kiss?  Giving her a kiss is a huge leap, and I don't think it'd be believable unless they have an episode where something happens to show he's having physical urges and he realizes it.  I keep thinking back to the fan fic where amy wears the cat woman costume... I just feel something would need to happen to make sheldon come more to terms with his attraction before he gets the nerve to actually kiss her and "exchange saliva."

He's admitted to penny now that its a possibility.  the valentine moment clearly showed his feelings have increased.  the timing is good for sheldon to really begin to have "problems"  Maybe I'm wrong, we'll see.  I just think it would make a kiss more believable if something like this happens first... just my opinion.

Edited by BazingaFan
  • Like 1

You don't think they need an episode showing attraction before he gives her a kiss?  Giving her a kiss is a huge leap, and I don't think it'd be believable unless they have an episode where something happens to show he's having physical urges and he realizes it.  I keep thinking back to the fan fic where amy wears the cat woman costume... I just feel something would need to happen to make sheldon come more to terms with his attraction before he gets the nerve to actually kiss her and "exchange saliva."

With Sheldon, the phases are almost required to be (with some overlap) intellectual attraction, then romantic interest, then deep romantic feelings, then affectionate touching, then sexual touching.  It seems season 4 was intellectual attraction, season 5 was romantic interest, and now in season 6 it's obvious that there are deep romantic feelings leading into the beginnings of physical affection.  The sexual part is just starting to be on his radar because they've been doing more affectionate touching.  I think there will be an episode somewhere way down the line in which they're being physically affectionate, perhaps during a hug, and he feels the first real stirrings of desire. 

Oh, and as much as I would love to see a big romantic scene in which Sheldon professes his love, I was thinking it would also be a funny if he said to her, "I don't love you.  Bazinga, I do!"

• Like 7

With Sheldon, the phases are almost required to be (with some overlap) intellectual attraction, then romantic interest, then deep romantic feelings, then affectionate touching, then sexual touching.  It seems season 4 was intellectual attraction, season 5 was romantic interest, and now in season 6 it's obvious that there are deep romantic feelings leading into the beginnings of physical affection.  The sexual part is just starting to be on his radar because they've been doing more affectionate touching.  I think there will be an episode somewhere way down the line in which they're being physically affectionate, perhaps during a hug, and he feels the first real stirrings of desire. 

Oh, and as much as I would love to see a big romantic scene in which Sheldon professes his love, I was thinking it would also be a funny if he said to her, "I don't love you.  Bazinga, I do!"

Yes that would be funny.  I'm interested to see what they do to bring on a kiss from him... because I really hope that's coming up at the end of the season.  We'll see.  He is obviously still struggling with hugs from her (last night) so we'll see what happens.  I just feel something needs to happen to bring it forth... not sure what it should be.

I like the way you put that tmp, I think at the moment Sheldon is more aware of the meanings behind hugging than he was when he hugged Amy back in the tiara scene so he might be apprehensive at first. I'm sure it'll happen soon enough :)

One more thing, as I've said many times, TLA laid the groundwork for this season's emotional development and sealing that  bond around them.

So something at the end of this season will lay the same groundwork for their physical relationship's development....next season. 

He's admitted to penny now that its a possibility.  the valentine moment clearly showed his feelings have increased.  the timing is good for sheldon to really begin to have "problems"  Maybe I'm wrong, we'll see.  I just think it would make a kiss more believable if something like this happens first... just my opinion.

I am going to refer to Tanael's post here below because these are many points I was going to make in reply to yours. But maybe what we're confused about is that we might be talking about different things in terms of attraction. I don't think a kiss is necessarily so sexual that he needs to have strong sexual urges to initiate that. And I also do think that 6x14 was implying he is starting to think of her in a sexual way. So, in a way, although we haven't seen a scene where, say, he wakes up from a hot dream about her, the implication in 6x14 for me is already showing the audience that he is attracted to her. I don't need to see anything more than that to justify why he would want to kiss her.

I think that his hungup at the moment is partly to do with physical contact and partly to do with how people will perceive him (and he himself will perceive himself) if he gives in to these affectionate/romantic feelings he has. That's why he was perfectly happy to touch her in 6x10, because he had an excuse. It's really hard to get past the hungups that come with what defined you as a person up to that certain point in time.

I think if they show him have REAL urges before he even kisses her, how the hell is he going to hold on until whatever season it is that they'll have them sleep together? I agree with Tanael that somewhere down the line, once they're used to being physically affectionate he will start feeling stuff more and more.

One more thing, as I've said many times, TLA laid the groundwork for this season's emotional development and sealing that  bond around them.

So something at the end of this season will lay the same groundwork for their physical relationship's development....next season. 

And ITA to this. Every end of the season sets up their development in the following season. 

• Like 2

Kiru, I am not sure if they will only have one more, may have two in this case.  But I see Sheldon and Amy getting engaged before Lenny.  However, I think they will have a longer engagement. Amy is the type of girl that wants a full-on, all the bells and whistles, wedding.   Penny, however, is the type to go to Vegas with Leonard one weekend to party and while there impulsively marry him and wake up the next morning and go "what did I do?" kind of thing.   I have never thought of Penny as wanting a big wedding or even thinking about a wedding ever.  So if I had to choose only one, I would say Shamy would be the most likely of the two couples to actually marry.

Whether they leave it for the series finale or not is another thing.   It depends on whether the "wedding" would be the finale kind of thing or the "Nobel Prize win"...if they are going for Nobel Prize, then they may have them marry in the last season and then do the prize as the finale. I would hope they are going to fit the Prize in there somehow.   Plus, I think having a few episodes of Sheldon and Amy adjusting to each other as a married couple could be entertaining.  While she knows his schedules, and many of his quirks, living with the man is quite another thing.  Same with her, maybe we would learn more of her quirks...plus living across the hall from her Bestie would be entertaining.

They may have Lenny just move in together (as her step towards commitment) as opposed to marrying.  Since she is the youngest in age character, they can probably justify her not marrying by the end of the series more than the others as well.

On a different note, someone mention that Sheldon is acting different around Alex.  I was curious what they meant by that.  If anything, I see him treating her rather child-like and a flunky.   He even said something like "kids say the darndest things" or something similar to that in this episode after she assumed he was asking to help with research.   So I took that that he thinks of her as a "kid" and not an adult.  But I am curious what others are seeing.

Edited by stardustmelody

If there is a Shamy wedding I don't see it as a big full blown wedding. Sheldon would probably hate that. It's going to be another sweet, adorkable compromise. Which is what they do best. 

Kiru, I am not sure if they will only have one more, may have two in this case.  But I see Sheldon and Amy getting engaged before Lenny.  However, I think they will have a longer engagement. Amy is the type of girl that wants a full-on, all the bells and whistles, wedding.   Penny, however, is the type to go to Vegas with Leonard one weekend to party and while there impulsively marry him and wake up the next morning and go "what did I do?" kind of thing.   I have never thought of Penny as wanting a big wedding or even thinking about a wedding ever.  So if I had to choose only one, I would say Shamy would be the most likely of the two couples to actually marry.

Whether they leave it for the series finale or not is another thing.   It depends on whether the "wedding" would be the finale kind of thing or the "Nobel Prize win"...if they are going for Nobel Prize, then they may have them marry in the last season and then do the prize as the finale. I would hope they are going to fit the Prize in there somehow.   Plus, I think having a few episodes of Sheldon and Amy adjusting to each other as a married couple could be entertaining.  While she knows his schedules, and many of his quirks, living with the man is quite another thing.  Same with her, maybe we would learn more of her quirks...plus living across the hall from her Bestie would be entertaining.

They may have Lenny just move in together (as her step towards commitment) as opposed to marrying.  Since she is the youngest in age character, they can probably justify her not marrying by the end of the series more than the others as well.

On a different note, someone mention that Sheldon is acting different around Alex.  I was curious what they meant by that.  If anything, I see him treating her rather child-like and a flunky.   He even said something like "kids say the darndest things" or something similar to that in this episode after she assumed he was asking to help with research.   So I took that that he thinks of her as a "kid" and not an adult.  But I am curious what others are seeing.

That was me!

I meant that his characterization was way off, imo. He was just way too slang-y and cocky even for Sheldon. I don't know, it just seemed so out of the blue and weird to me. Like he was acting "cool". Not that I think Sheldon can't be cool, but not in that way. He just seemed way too normal-cool rather than nerdy-cool. I don't know how to explain it, it just felt very OOC to me. 

As for those spoilers, from the Mayim quote they're reporting I think they might have missed the boat on that, it sounds like the quote she said before these sweep episodes, I don't think it refers to what's coming up. 

Edited by spook

I am going to refer to Tanael's post here below because these are many points I was going to make in reply to yours. But maybe what we're confused about is that we might be talking about different things in terms of attraction. I don't think a kiss is necessarily so sexual that he needs to have strong sexual urges to initiate that. And I also do think that 6x14 was implying he is starting to think of her in a sexual way. So, in a way, although we haven't seen a scene where, say, he wakes up from a hot dream about her, the implication in 6x14 for me is already showing the audience that he is attracted to her. I don't need to see anything more than that to justify why he would want to kiss her.

I think that his hungup at the moment is partly to do with physical contact and partly to do with how people will perceive him (and he himself will perceive himself) if he gives in to these affectionate/romantic feelings he has. That's why he was perfectly happy to touch her in 6x10, because he had an excuse. It's really hard to get past the hungups that come with what defined you as a person up to that certain point in time.

I think if they show him have REAL urges before he even kisses her, how the hell is he going to hold on until whatever season it is that they'll have them sleep together? I agree with Tanael that somewhere down the line, once they're used to being physically affectionate he will start feeling stuff more and more.

And ITA to this. Every end of the season sets up their development in the following season. 

Doesn't have to be something so obvious as a hot dream... I think that is down the line.  Just something that causes amy to be on his mind like crazy... it doesn't have to even be physical, just something to take it up a notch that makes him want to kiss her.

I want to see a kiss, damn it, and I just feel something has to come from the writers that is more obvious than what we've seen so far to make it more believable for everyone.

Lol.  I think I'm done now.

Edited by BazingaFan

I think he feels kind of cool around Alex, since she's pretty young and the fact that he feels very high above her being her boss, he probably enjoys playing around with it. But yeah, Sheldon does become oddly saucy around her in a way I haven't seen before. It must be intentional for whatever reason the writers have I'm not aware of yet.

• Like 1

Doesn't have to be something so obvious as a hot dream... I think that is down the line.  Just something that causes amy to be on his mind like crazy... it doesn't have to even be physical, just something to take it up a notch that makes him want to kiss her.

I want to see a kiss, damn it, and I just feel something has to come from the writers that is more obvious than what we've seen so far to make it more believable for everyone.

Lol.  I think I'm done now.

LOL! I think everybody is going stir crazy about this kiss thing. :p

But what I'm saying is, wouldn't a catalyst in the moment of kissing be enough? I don't know, I just feel like at any stage now they could come up with a situation that would be very believable, without having to show anything more than they already have, especially after these three eps. Maybe I'm easy (audience :p

But we were all pretty much sure a kiss was coming in the V-day ep, which means we were getting the vibe. I don't know that I'd say this ep has set things back again. I think they really went out of their way not to make it happen, because, imo, it would have fit perfectly fine and not been out of place at all. But maybe they felt that both the EC thing AND a kiss was too sappy for the show? 

eta: Before anyone misunderstands me about the Alex thing, I'm not implying there's any flirting or anything going on at all! I am literally talking about strict characterization. He was acting like he was another character, almost, that's how it came across to me. 

Edited by spook
  • Like 1

http://android.eonline.com/article?id=388547

okei i wonder whats coming up for the shamy :-)

hopefully something shdon initiated :-D

The article was dated yesterday, so perhaps it is talking about this whole sweeps period, but hey...I am all up for more Shamy if more is coming up!  :icon_wink::icon_lol:

I meant that his characterization was way off, imo. He was just way too slang-y and cocky even for Sheldon. I don't know, it just seemed so out of the blue and weird to me. Like he was acting "cool". Not that I think Sheldon can't be cool, but not in that way. He just seemed way too normal-cool rather than nerdy-cool. I don't know how to explain it, it just felt very OOC to me.

Perhaps he was acting that way because he was so caught up in wanting to please Amy and "wow" her that he was (in his head) already thinking he was the best boyfriend ever or something.   Likewise, he is at Cal-Tech in the earlier scenes....so perhaps he thinks she knows of his "sexual prowess" from his Kripke conversations?   :icon_lol:    I know what you mean...he was a bit "I'm a kool kat" attitude and "cocky" as you said, but I took that as excitement about anticipation of seeing Amy open his amazing gift.  I took it more associated with Amy than with Alex.   He seemed like he was anticipating ahead in a way, which means even though he tried to act like he was dreading V-Day to Amy...part of him was excited about a romantic time with his lady. :wub:

If there is a Shamy wedding I don't see it as a big full blown wedding. Sheldon would probably hate that. It's going to be another sweet, adorkable compromise. Which is what they do best.

I keep thinking about Maid-of-Honorzilla Amy and we all know Sheldon will give Amy whatever she wants.   I see her as wanting to be Princess for the day...wearing her tiara, a beautiful gown and feeling that all eyes are on her.   That is what I mean by a big full-blown wedding.  I see her wanting bridesmaids (Penny and Bernie) and her beautiful gown, lovely flowers, etc.   I don't see it as necessarily loads of people...but I can see she wants the whole shebang so to speak....and yes, I do see that everything will go haywire and it will end up being dorky because, well she is the one planning it afterall.   But I think Sheldon would let her do that because he loves her and will let her do what she wants.

Penny has never expressed desire to marry, much less talked about weddings as if they are pleasurable.   Amy does talk about them that way.  That is why I think Amy will want all the trimmings, whereas Penny is definitely more the "wake up suddenly married" kind of gal.  :icon_wink:

LOL! I think everybody is going stir crazy about this kiss thing. :p

But what I'm saying is, wouldn't a catalyst in the moment of kissing be enough? I don't know, I just feel like at any stage now they could come up with a situation that would be very believable, without having to show anything more than they already have, especially after these three eps. Maybe I'm easy (audience :p

But we were all pretty much sure a kiss was coming in the V-day ep, which means we were getting the vibe. I don't know that I'd say this ep has set things back again. I think they really went out of their way not to make it happen, because, imo, it would have fit perfectly fine and not been out of place at all. But maybe they felt that both the EC thing AND a kiss was too sappy for the show? 

eta: Before anyone misunderstands me about the Alex thing, I'm not implying there's any flirting or anything going on at all! I am literally talking about strict characterization. He was acting like he was another character, almost, that's how it came across to me. 

I'm one of the rare few that didn't expect a kiss for V day.  We'll see what happens... I just hope we have an episode before the kiss episode that will show him increase his attraction... just my opinion and if I were the writers, that's what I would do but they didn't ask me, so we'll see what happens. :)   I'm sure they could come up with some scenerio without what I'm talking about to make it happen, but not sure what it would be. 

Maybe I'm really done now!!

Edited by BazingaFan

i thought the episode was wayyyy better than i thought it was gonna be, was so emotional during the shamy scene

i think that if there is one more wedding it'll be lenny 

during the LP scene i think leonard wants a big everything :p 

Trying too hard, that's what's up with that. I find it hilarious that in the episode thread Moonbase, who is a purist, has complained about the same thing regarding the hug. They are starting to alienate the same people that they are trying to please by NOT having him touch her. LOL. 

eta: I can't remember if this was mentioned already here, but... SHE SAT IN HIS SPOT! Well, kind of, but still.  :icon_eek:

omg lms if you cried when amy patted his spot i did

ACK, i think we should get a kiss before the end of season but

Oh no, I didn't think you were implying that, just in case you were referring to me. I kind of meant more of an attitude sort of saucy more than a sexual saucy xD, sexual sauce is reserved for Amy when the time comes. But I'm starting to taste some attitude sauce around Alex, definitely. Okay I'll stop saying sauce now.

We as fans would all like to eat Amy pasta topped with sexy Sheldon sauce. It's just gotta happen. But anyway, I think that with the lack of a kiss this episode, the writers probably thought we should have our cake but not get to eat the whole thing yet. I guess that's fair enough. I wish I could just know outright if one was coming at all this season, so I could feel more at ease.