The Shamy Thread! (Season 6 Edition-Spoilers)

Argh, I went and got angry with someone in the episode thread. I told myself I wouldn't do it but I did. Right, that's something else I gotta keep away from for a while :(

...LOL, yup, first world problems seems to hit the nail on the head.

• Replies 11.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The Love Spell Potential Pictures (Just ones with Shamy in them)  

Before we bid adieu to this thread, I think we should take a moment to just gaze at how big this thread is. There are more posts in this thread than there are in Seasons 1-5 boards combined. This thre

I am dying here. What I would not give for a bone saw so I could cut your skulls open and get a good gander at how your brains work!   Only in Shamy shipper land could "Leonard gets a job offer over

Posted Images

LOL! I think everybody is going stir crazy about this kiss thing. :p

But what I'm saying is, wouldn't a catalyst in the moment of kissing be enough? I don't know, I just feel like at any stage now they could come up with a situation that would be very believable, without having to show anything more than they already have, especially after these three eps. Maybe I'm easy (audience :p

But we were all pretty much sure a kiss was coming in the V-day ep, which means we were getting the vibe. I don't know that I'd say this ep has set things back again. I think they really went out of their way not to make it happen, because, imo, it would have fit perfectly fine and not been out of place at all. But maybe they felt that both the EC thing AND a kiss was too sappy for the show? 

eta: Before anyone misunderstands me about the Alex thing, I'm not implying there's any flirting or anything going on at all! I am literally talking about strict characterization. He was acting like he was another character, almost, that's how it came across to me. 

I didn't take it that way.  I immediately thought he was acting just like he did with Kripke at the beginning of The Cooper-Kripke Inversion.  The "Zingers fly fast in the Thunderdome, Barry!" line while closing the filing cabinet door with a flick of the hip was very similar to the way he was last night with Alex.  I think since they were giving him a tender scene with Amy, they purposely showed him being the same old condescending Sheldon we still love.

So what is your thought about this?   Why did Sheldon raise his brow when talking to Alex about her buying something for his girlfriend?   He raised it on the word "girlfriend".

tumblr_mi9u43DL171qasxjlo1_250.gif

LOL! I did not notice that! He's smirking like he's the s***. haha. 

I didn't take it that way.  I immediately thought he was acting just like he did with Kripke at the beginning of The Cooper-Kripke Inversion.  The "Zingers fly fast in the Thunderdome, Barry!" line while closing the filing cabinet door with a flick of the hip was very similar to the way he was last night with Alex.  I think since they were giving him a tender scene with Amy, they purposely showed him being the same old condescending Sheldon we still love.

ha! maybe you're right. I guess maybe what felt odd to me is that he wasn't this "cool" around her before, just condescending and bossy. 

I think he is gaining a confidence.  He is realizing that society looks to you as being less of an outcast when you can hang on to a significant other.   In Sheldon's case, I think he is gaining a confidence in his relationship with Amy. :icon_mrgreen:   He is starting to realize that they are far more serious than I think he really was willing to admit to himself and that has given him a confidence. :wub:  So he has become cocky about it...almost like a kid showing off to another kid when he has his first girlfriend.  It is "I have a girlfriend and you don't" kind of mentality.   I think he realizes that he is "cooler" with a girlfriend and less of an outcast so he tries to act cooler (which comes across goofy in a way because it is rather forced).   I honestly think it explains how he is feeling about his relationship with Amy in many ways.  He is happy, being fulfilled and feels his girlfriend is being fulfilled as well.   He now is gaining a reputation as a guy who has a girlfriend who is happy, so he is starting to feel like "Super Boyfriend" in a way.   Sheldon always puffs himself up, as we know and this is just another example of that.  He is animated, yes, because of the confidence, but the main thing is he is still the condescending Sheldon we all have known through prior seasons. :icon_wink:

Maybe the brow raise was about him thinking "I have a hot girlfriend...hubba hubba".   I don't know, but because he did it right then, it was almost like he was relaying a message and I felt it was definitely he was considering Amy in a "not entirely pure thoughts" moment. :icon_lol::icon_mrgreen::icon_biggrin:

Edited by stardustmelody
  • Like 3

tumblr_mi8waxMBDM1qcqxh7o2_400.gif

Goddamn these two! <3 (Thanks to Rubyanjel on tumblr.)

No prob! Glad to be of service. :)

Yes, the whole thing was very symbolic.  She sits on his spot, and then scoots over to make room for him and he comes.  They really thought this scene out, and it was done very, very well.

I know! The spot was Sheldon's everything, like his entire universe. His constant. Then Amy sits on it. Sheldon was at the door, still befuddled and is still thinking they'd be going out to dinner. Amy sitting on it, for me, was like she was willing to enter his world (willing to try to enjoy what he loves for the evening) and him inviting him to come back and take your claim. Her moving back to the side was a literal body language saying, "come, I'll join you", added with her patting of his spot. SHE PATTED HIS SPOT. HE WOULDN'T EVEN LET A SOUL TOUCH IT.

Yes, I got that too! Since Leonard would be right in the same building with him if he acted like that all the time there should have been some comment before now. There are only two possible answers:

1.) He just wanted to make up emergencies to see if Amy would respond.

2.) The writers thought this was a great ending scene joke and they didn't care about the continuity, which they do all the time.

Spook is right. Remember back in 5.10 when he was asking for her to fix the splinter? He was testing her. He was checking if she were to comply. So now that she's his official EC, he's trying to test her again. Or probably it's the writers showing us that Amy was willing to put up with his shit, even if he wasn't doing it on purpose. 

Also, I noticed that Sheldon was willing to go to the dinner but he plans to pretend to enjoy it for her. What's saint-like with Amy is that she is willing to TRULY enjoy what he wants and what he loves.

Notice that Amy was looking sly when she greeted him at the door? It's like, "Oh, you're sad now but I know you're gonna love me more after what I tell you."

And then notice that he had the EC gift even BEFORE she revealed that she gives him the cancellation of everything romance-related? When she told him to return whatever he had for her, he was like, "No, not with what you just do tonight, you think I won't give this to you?" What she did to him that v-day evening only magnified the reasons as to why Amy deserves the gift he's planning to give him. Again, he was willing to sacrifice his time and go out of his way to make Amy enjoy the valentine's date. It's like he already gave a part of himself just to see her happy and to keep her that way. Because him doing it is having the same effect on him: she's happy so he's happy. She's distressed, so he's distressed. It's been that way since the finale last season (he was distressed when she wanted to have her way as a bridesmaid so he disapproves going to city hall; he sees Amy being happy that her shampoo doesn't smell like tar and that her boyfriend is friends with hawking, he's happy and all smiles too-- just freaking see my signature!) up until now. So now that he makes her his emergency contact, it's like he has already given his entire life to her. Life's worth living with her.

• Like 5

LOL this gif is hilarious

tumblr_mi95nf93f71qasxjlo5_250.gif

eta: Sorry I'm spamming this thread today but I am actually kind of afraid to venture into any other thread right now because I don't want to get angry at anybody and I have this bad feeling there's more bitching going on in other threads. 

Edited by spook
  • Like 1

Here's something else to think about.  Some people argue that when Sheldon chose the tiara as a gift, that he was totally clueless and it was an accident how much she loved it.  (I, like many of you, think it was a "he just subconsciously knew" thing.)  However, with the EC gift, it was absolutely clear that he knew CONSCIOUSLY what it would mean to her.  There was no mistaking this one.  He did something sentimental and romantic--on purpose!  Awww!

Edited by tmp
  • Like 8

Here's something else to think about.  Some people argue that when Sheldon chose the tiara as a gift, that he was totally clueless and it was an accident how much she loved it.  (I, like many of you, think it was a "he just subconsciously knew" thing.)  However, with the EC gift, it was absolutely clear that he knew CONSCIOUSLY what it would mean to her.  There was no mistaking this one.  He did something sentimental and romantic--on purpose!  Awww!

Yes, he nails presents like a pro. And yes, it was clear as day that he did it on purpose, that's why it's so incredible. I mean, this is something that would be a stretch to grasp even for an average person, but for Sheldon to understand the intricacies of the gesture is remarkable. That's why I think that out of all the couples they were the ones that really trascended the spirit of the holiday. They just get each other on a level none of the others do. 

• Like 2

Yes, he nails presents like a pro. And yes, it was clear as day that he did it on purpose, that's why it's so incredible. I mean, this is something that would be a stretch to grasp even for an average person, but for Sheldon to understand the intricacies of the gesture is remarkable. That's why I think that out of all the couples they were the ones that really trascended the spirit of the holiday. They just get each other on a level none of the others do. 

Yeah. The tiara was sort of accidental yet intentional. But this one, he was certain she'd like it to the point he has prepared it for her and he was planning to give it to her in their dinner date and the more he became willing with what she did not do, yet he was still not expecting the magnitude of how she'd react.:p

LOL this gif is hilarious

tumblr_mi95nf93f71qasxjlo5_250.gif

eta: Sorry I'm spamming this thread today but I am actually kind of afraid to venture into any other thread right now because I don't want to get angry at anybody and I have this bad feeling there's more bitching going on in other threads. 

Good plan! Sort of doing the same myself. Where is everybody for the S.C. though?

tumblr_mi8waxMBDM1qcqxh7o2_400.gif

Goddamn these two! <3 (Thanks to Rubyanjel on tumblr.)

I thought what you said, Spook, on the other thread was interesting. I have noticed Sheldon acting kind of differently around Alex, still trying to figure out why...anyway, glad to see him be himself again around Amy :). I know the hug was a little fustrating but we're just building up even more to the insanity in this thread that will ensue when they finally have a proper hug! :D

I think that when the moment comes for Sheldon to initiate any kind of physicality--whether it be a hug or a hand-hold, let alone a kiss--we gonna tear down the goal-posts, baby! :D

If you think way back to season 2, sheldon was having such a hard time trying to find the right gift for penny.  He hates gift giving becuase it's so much stress for him.  In a way, i'm a little disappointed he farmed it out to alex, but i see why he did since it is so hard for him.  but in the end, he picked the perfect gift because alex didn't hit the mark.  who knows, maybe he kept the last gift for himself because deep down he knew it still wasn't the perfect thing for amy.  maybe i'm stretching, maybe i'm not.

If you think way back to season 2, sheldon was having such a hard time trying to find the right gift for penny.  He hates gift giving becuase it's so much stress for him.  In a way, i'm a little disappointed he farmed it out to alex, but i see why he did since it is so hard for him.  but in the end, he picked the perfect gift because alex didn't hit the mark.  who knows, maybe he kept the last gift for himself because deep down he knew it still wasn't the perfect thing for amy.  maybe i'm stretching, maybe i'm not.

Whatever his reason, she can still look at it whenever she comes over. :)

How do we know it was an accident?  Amy and Sheldon spend time together that is not shown on camera....maybe she said something that made him believe she would like it.  His comment to Penny, what "You were right, it was too much".  something like that.  So, I think he thought about that gift too.

The same can be said for Amy gift as well. The forethought and symbolism behind the gifts were huge. Add the hug and it was a strong win for team Shamy.

• Like 2

I don't like ooc claims...who decides what is ooc? Wouldn't the ppl who create these characters ie Chuck Lorre know them best? Just saying

I agree 100%. He's soooo in character for Sheldon IMO.

• Like 1

As  I was the one that was on the other side of the argument ,  I think I provided my case... no offense :)

Also there was one occasion in Amy-Wheaton episode where Sheldon gives a gift to Amy which she did not like.....

Anyways Sheldon and Amy stuff in this episode was pretty nice...just the fact that he was willing to buy a gift for her says something and the emergency contact thing was a nice idea....and Amy's tearful reaction was pretty good...

Wasn't there supposed to be a chat that started 28 minutes ago? LOL. Guess we don't always need it considering how much we already do chat in this thread. LOL.

Edited by MJistheBOMB
  • Like 1

I've read comments from those who think Sheldon having money all over the place is OOC, but it reminds me of when he lent Penny money some seasons back. He had his extra money stuffed in various places. Money doesn't seem that important to him - not that he can't budget, etc. I just don't feel like it matters that much to him overall.

Sorry if I'm repeating what others have already covered, but can we please talk about Sheldon's body language in that last scene for a minute? I don't know if it was consciously done, but boy howdy did he look like a man who loves his woman! The way he's turned toward her, sitting rather close and with legs slightly parted....I just can't get over it. There's a tremendous amount of non-verbal communication and what I call "sensual tension" between S & A, and it's not even that subtle!

• Like 7