The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
MJistheBOMB

The Shamy Thread! (Season 6 Edition-Spoilers)

Sorry if I'm repeating what others have already covered, but can we please talk about Sheldon's body language in that last scene for a minute? I don't know if it was consciously done, but boy howdy did he look like a man who loves his woman! The way he's turned toward her, sitting rather close and with legs slightly parted....I just can't get over it. There's a tremendous amount of non-verbal communication and what I call "sensual tension" between S & A, and it's not even that subtle!

Yes, I LOVED his body language. Showed how much he loves her. I adored the way he looked at her when he was shutting the door after she sat on the couch. He looked like he wanted to walk over there and do more than watch a movie.  :icon_redface:

And, besides him facing her, sitting quite close to her, he couldn't quite contain his smile. (I know I mentioned that I felt some of this was Jim shining through, too)

Sorry if I'm repeating what others have already covered, but can we please talk about Sheldon's body language in that last scene for a minute? I don't know if it was consciously done, but boy howdy did he look like a man who loves his woman! The way he's turned toward her, sitting rather close and with legs slightly parted....I just can't get over it. There's a tremendous amount of non-verbal communication and what I call "sensual tension" between S & A, and it's not even that subtle!

You forgot to mention the best part...the wonderful facial expressions!  Oh my gosh it was to die for.   Now we were wondering earlier if he suspected that she was going to kiss him at first when she went to grab him and hug him.   She grabs him and he immediately says "Oh", but it was almost like it was something unexpected.   He must know Amy is one to quickly embrace when excited so that would hardly be a surprise.   So could it be that he expected her to kiss him? :icon_redface:

• Like 1

Question, the show has 1 more wedding in it, who gets it?

Lenny or Shamy? 

I'm not sure why they would only have one wedding left, but I really can't imagine them ending the show with Lenny unwed.  More than likely, they'll have one for each or a dual wedding for both Lenny and Shamy.

At this point, Lenny and Shamy more strongly bonded together than ever.  Amy is a step or two ahead, but Shamy are in more or less in sync with each other, marching in same direction, and breaking new ground with each step. I see Lenny as if they were in a car and think it's safe to say Penny will no longer stomp on the brakes or jump out whenever Leonard hits the gas petal. Leonard pretty much told Penny...it does matter when we get there, as long as we get there, so you drive. 

• Like 1

Wasn't there supposed to be a chat that started 28 minutes ago? LOL. Guess we don't always need it considering how much we already do chat in this thread. LOL.

Yes, there was. Sorry I got lost in Fic... :icon_redface:

*Laughs* It was so very, ... distracting.

You must be reading Montserrat.  LOL...it is a very distracting fic and one that you will read over and over.  LOL!

I'm not sure why they would only have one wedding left, but I really can't imagine them ending the show with Lenny unwed.  More than likely, they'll have one for each or a dual wedding for both Lenny and Shamy.

At this point, Lenny and Shamy more strongly bonded together than ever.  Amy is a step or two ahead, but Shamy are in more or less in sync with each other, marching in same direction, and breaking new ground with each step. I see Lenny as if they were in a car and think it's safe to say Penny will no longer stomp on the brakes or jump out whenever Leonard hits the gas petal. Leonard pretty much told Penny...it does matter when we get there, as long as we get there, so you drive. 

That's an excellent analogy about Lenny, very well said.

The only problem with a double wedding is that they would have to convince Amy.  Remember how thrilled she was to be a bridesmaid for Bernadette?  A double wedding would essentially cheat her out of being a bridesmaid for her beloved bestie.

I thought about it and I don't think a double wedding is going to happen. They'd be fighting over best men and Bernadette would have to be the double maid of honor. lol. Although I guess Raj as the Shamy best man would be fitting given he is the one that sets it all in motion. 

Anyway, to be perfectly honest I could not care less about this wedding stuff, if they do, great, if they don't, whatevs. I'd be happy with just engagements. I definitely want to see Penny's proposal. The only reason why I would care about the wedding stuff is because Shamy looked so nice in their outfits at H/B wedding, they'd look even nicer in wedding attire :)

eta: I see people were talking about body language/facial expression and I wanted to chip in. I think that's the probably the most genuinely human facial expression we've ever seen Sheldon give someone, when he's giving her the paper and explaining why he chose that. 

tumblr_mia2xcZx391rn4qwao1_500.gif

Edited by spook

I thought about it and I don't think a double wedding is going to happen. They'd be fighting over best men and Bernadette would have to be the double maid of honor. lol. Although I guess Raj as the Shamy best man would be fitting given he is the one that sets it all in motion. 

Anyway, to be perfectly honest I could not care less about this wedding stuff, if they do, great, if they don't, whatevs. I'd be happy with just engagements. I definitely want to see Penny's proposal. The only reason why I would care about the wedding stuff is because Shamy looked so nice in their outfits at H/B wedding, they'd look even nicer in wedding attire :)

Since the big hang-up with Lenny has been Penny's fear of commitment, it seems a wedding is necessary to resolve the story.  With Shamy, though, it's Sheldon's discomfort with physical contact so I think physical intimacy is the culmination of their story.  I would love to see them get married but it's not as important as for Lenny.

• Like 1

For some reason when Sheldon sat so close to Amy then with his legs turned towards her it brought up a quote in my mind from Sheldon during Season 4, "Leonard, you are my best friend, I've known you for 7 years and I can barely tolerate sitting on the couch with you, imagine my attitude regarding prolonged physical proximity to Amy Farrah Fowler?" which just confirmed the strength of his feelings now even more for me. I think this is the closest Sheldon has been to Amy by his own choice rather than by necessity or by Amy's choice.

• Like 3

I can't stop watching that scene, I get more and more thoughts about the implications of this whole scene every time I watch it. If Sheldon thought she was a saint 10 eps ago, what about now? How can you not love this woman? There must be something seriously wrong with people who hate her. 

• Like 1

spook thanks for the gif above showing sheldon's expression.  very telling. wow.

You know, the people that don't want sheldon to change... do they just want him to stay unhappy and miserable?  The last time I watched the season finale episode of season 3, the one where he meets amy at the end, I noticed a very interesting thing that took place with sheldon that I hadn't noticed before.  Remember when he was making his toast, and he was so  unhappy, and said this must be the worst day of his life?  It was funny, but that scene showed how miserable he was... getting so down over his breakfast not coming out right.  And then he meets amy at the end of the show, and we open season 4 with a sheldon that is a good bit different... and happier.  An interesting contrast.

what wrong with change if it is for the better... and the show is still funny so i'm not sure what why some people have a problem with it.

Edited by BazingaFan
  • Like 1

I don't think Sheldon was unhappy and miserable before meeting Amy. Like I said, I think people misconstrue his line at the wedding when he says he was always baffled by the need to find another human being to share one's life with (which is something I SO relate to, possibly one of my favorite quotes from anything ever). I think that's precisely why his relationship with Amy works so well. He isn't with her because he had a hole to fill in his life before he met her, he didn't need a girlfriend like all the other guys desperately did. He is with her because it's HER. She's like an extension pack to a game if you will :)  He was happy before meeting her and he is happier now with her in his life. Some people just think that relationships have cooties, so no matter how you spin them, they just don't want to see that. To each their own I guess, I do think that Sheldon in the long run would have become boring and cartoonish without the development Amy provided. Because as much as people like to think that this show is about science and nerds alone, it's always been about how they relate to the world, and romance is part of the package.

Edited by spook
  • Like 6

Who else things that these incessant 'emergencies' were just a test of Amy's loyalty to him. Just like he tested her with 'boo boos and ouchies' shortly after the RA was drafted. 

And for the V-Day ep, my fave part was when she says

"Well then that's what we're gonna do" and the pats the half of his spot she wasn't sitting in. EVERYTIME I watch, my eyes well up at the point. 

tumblr_mi97j35LaE1qasxjlo2_250.gif

tumblr_mi97j35LaE1qasxjlo4_250.gif

• Like 1

I don't know if he was testing her loyalty as he was just making up excuses to have her there with him. In a sort of "I want Amy!" way :p

But that moment you posted Kiru, is exactly what I meant earlier when I said that if he thought she was a saint before, what is he thinking now? And the tone of her voice when she says "That's what we're going to do" kills me every time. 

With regards to that, I was also thinking whether this might signal a change in their RA. We know in 6x01 that they have very stereotypical clauses about the anniversary for example, the classic "romantic" to-do list: nice dinner, ask about the day, casual physical contact. All sorts of artificial stuff for them to abide to what normal couples would do. But this time Amy was like "screw normalcy, we're going to be ourselves". And it was the happiest date they've ever had. It's like they're becoming more real now by embracing who they are as a couple rather than trying to fit the mold. I always said that Amy has a very childish view of romance, and this episode shows a lot of growth for her too: she is realizing it's more important to let him be himself than to be by the book and she is getting more out of him as a boyfriend by allowing him to be himself. 

• Like 4

Oh, you guys!! I didn't get to connect yesterday,  but this episode moved me so much!!! It was beautiful!!! I really don't care if we will have to wait years for them to actually say those three words, because for me they already did!!

• Like 2

You must be reading Montserrat.  LOL...it is a very distracting fic and one that you will read over and over.  LOL!

Sorry about being so absent! I'm more of a listener than a talker >.>. Btw that fic, I just looked it up and I love it! Thanks for mentioning it :3

About V-day episode. Everything I want to say has already been mentioned, really great episode. I agree with Kiru Breezy, when Amy said "Well, then that's what we're gonna do", I almost shed a tear It was also the way she said it, so beautifull :)

Who else things that these incessant 'emergencies' were just a test of Amy's loyalty to him. Just like he tested her with 'boo boos and ouchies' shortly after the RA was drafted. 

And for the V-Day ep, my fave part was when she says

"Well then that's what we're gonna do" and the pats the half of his spot she wasn't sitting in. EVERYTIME I watch, my eyes well up at the point. 

tumblr_mi97j35LaE1qasxjlo2_250.gif

tumblr_mi97j35LaE1qasxjlo4_250.gif

I don't think Sheldon is testing her.  I think he does it because he enjoys her attention.  After the signing of the RA, he knew Amy ws next door visiting, and he used their agreement to get some attention from her.

I can't stop watching that scene, I get more and more thoughts about the implications of this whole scene every time I watch it. If Sheldon thought she was a saint 10 eps ago, what about now? How can you not love this woman? There must be something seriously wrong with people who hate her. 

New poster, long time lurker.

I was shocked when I found out that people didn't like Amy. She is an original character that shines in a show of original characters. The addition of her and Bernadette saved this show. I was almost done at the end of season 3. It went from being something that was merely on... back to being "Woohoo, BBT night!"

I would love to see what Sheldon would do if Amy got her own Alex. Cute, nerdy grad student with a love of monkeys and a desire to learn from her? What is great about Sheldon is, he will not suffer in silence or be sad and passive agressive. He will go bat [email protected] crazy. It will be epic. And since Amy doesn't know any better, she'll love it!

Last show, H/B are pregnant, the Lenny wed, the Shamy pursue academic achievement and their love in Swtizerland and Raj can talk.

You must be reading Montserrat. LOL...it is a very distracting fic and one that you will read over and over. LOL!

*Nods* I was. When I devour the material the first time I rarely, if ever read the same Fic twice. This one however may have to to be Bookmarked and Saved for certain nights. ;-) *Laughs*

EDITED: Spelling. (I swear my distraction was Not due to the Content if the Fic!)

Edited by The God Particle
  • Like 1

Spook, I think it was you who brought up the question of whether or not Mayim/Amy was crying during the hug. I think Amy was getting a little choked up (Mayim acting, of course) when she was reading the form. If you look at Mayim's face, you can see the side of her nose get kind of "tight"--I don't know exactly how to describe it. Anyway, it's like the way your chin might quiver or your mouth tighten up. So I think that yes, she was getting emotional.

So, that's another excuse for me to go back and rewatch the scene. And I do love the way Sheldon is looking at her as they're sitting on the couch. Their body language is pretty intimate, considering that they're not even touching. And I love that slow blink Jim uses. Yowza.

Since the big hang-up with Lenny has been Penny's fear of commitment, it seems a wedding is necessary to resolve the story.  With Shamy, though, it's Sheldon's discomfort with physical contact so I think physical intimacy is the culmination of their story.  I would love to see them get married but it's not as important as for Lenny.

i agree. i dont really care if they dont get married either. they have the RA. :p

I loved this episode. I agree with Stardustmelody that he might have been expecting a kiss from Amy on their V-day. He was prepared for a romantic evening in a restaurant and he may have been expecting something romantic to happen (something he may not enjoy that much since it might be something physical, touching etc), he had been preparing his facial expressions to feign he liked that conventional romance stuff. So he might have been thinking that there is a possibility for a kissing to happen between them on that evening. Maybe he was "emotionally prepared" (at the level it is possible for Sheldon) to that it might be "his duty" to do there. Would he have been willing to do that, or enjoy it some level, it is hard to know. Had he been prepared to feign he likes kissing?
After watching the episode and reflecting it to all what have happened previously I have to say, I love season 6 Sheldon. I watched season 2-4 Sheldon just lately and he has matured so much from there. :) I love his efforts to make her happy. It is interesting that he had money all over the place when he asked Alex to buy Amy her gift. I cannot sum that up what does it exactly mean for him. Why he hadn't collected the money to one place, like a neat package "here's 2000$, go buy her a gift", but he had them all over the place, his pockets, the drawer... He takes a good care of his possessions and likes order and tidiness. That was a bit odd for me about him. It seemed like he had been pondering it and grabbed money always more because he couldn't decide what could be enough for her. It was an interesting choice to use Alex - although he doesn't like gift giving, outsourcing that task to Alex is something I ponder.  Amy is far too significant to him, I believe he wanted to make that evening special for her as well, he didn't want to ruin it at any level. Perhaps he saw a possibility there since Alex is a girl (and a science-orientated girl also), that she could at some level understand Amy's wishes for Valentines gift better. Finally he made an effort to make her his EC, that would be the perfect gift since he didn't like Alex's choices that much - expect the one he kept for himself. I'm sure he knew that it was a gift Amy would enjoy and he was right - he knew her better than Alex. So the gift giving dilemma maybe just was that he hesitated his ability to find her a perfect gift, maybe he was just feeling unsure/insecure about it.
I liked when he said to Alex, that "Amy hit the boyfriend- jackpot" or whatever it was when Alex was introducing the gifts she got for Amy. So he considers himself to be a boyfried-jackpot for her, apparently. Interesting also, that Sheldon claimed Alex he didn't know Amys interests that well - like he had no idea to go on Amy's Facebook profile to check her interests. What was that talk about? All I know he was really cocky that he is a boyfriend to someone like Amy and someone like Amy is her girlfriend. He likes to be defined now as her boyfriend - the thing, that he so much resisted in the beginning of season 4. 
And I totally agree - the look he gave to Amy on the couch - it is a look of a man deeply in love. 

• Like 2