The Shamy Thread! (Season 6 Edition-Spoilers)

Sheldon's look on the couch definitely was a man deeply in love.  I think he loved her even more at that moment because he saw how self-sacrificing she was.  But it wasn't even so much that she was willing to give up all her ideals of romance and everything that came with it, but that she was happy to please him.   She found happiness when he was happy and that touched him deeply.   I think it was a major turning point for their relationship.   Sheldon now understands that Amy loves him so much that she just wants him happy and that means a ton to him.  He tries to reciprocate, and thus the reason he was willing to practice putting on happy faces.  The difference is that she truly is happy watching his dopey Sci-Fi movies with him because she knows he is happy and she doesn't even have to fake it.   :icon_wink:   I think he is getting there as well...and if he would quit thinking the worse about romance, he might find he actually enjoys sharing a little romance now and again.  But Spook said something that is truly what I think is going on:

With regards to that, I was also thinking whether this might signal a change in their RA. We know in 6x01 that they have very stereotypical clauses about the anniversary for example, the classic "romantic" to-do list: nice dinner, ask about the day, casual physical contact. All sorts of artificial stuff for them to abide to what normal couples would do. But this time Amy was like "screw normalcy, we're going to be ourselves". And it was the happiest date they've ever had. It's like they're becoming more real now by embracing who they are as a couple rather than trying to fit the mold. I always said that Amy has a very childish view of romance, and this episode shows a lot of growth for her too: she is realizing it's more important to let him be himself than to be by the book and she is getting more out of him as a boyfriend by allowing him to be himself.

Bottom line, they have discovered their own sense of what works best for them and no longer care about the world's view of "normalcy".   :icon_wink:

As far as a wedding goes, I doubt that only one is going to be a restriction.   I do think we will see Penny propose to Leonard and I do think we will also see either an engagement or wedding for Shamy, mainly because it has been hinted at in script.   I think they set a bit of an expectation there.   The physical intimacy discussions have been more shorter-term goals (meaning in season 7 or early season 8), but the wedding I think may be more end-game.   For Leonard and Penny, I am not sure it is a wedding as much as we will see them get engaged and possibly elope.  I still don't think of Penny as a "wedding" kind of girl.  She seems much more, let's elope before I change my mind kind of girl. :icon_lol:

• Like 4

• Replies 11.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The Love Spell Potential Pictures (Just ones with Shamy in them)  

Before we bid adieu to this thread, I think we should take a moment to just gaze at how big this thread is. There are more posts in this thread than there are in Seasons 1-5 boards combined. This thre

I am dying here. What I would not give for a bone saw so I could cut your skulls open and get a good gander at how your brains work!   Only in Shamy shipper land could "Leonard gets a job offer over

Posted Images

I think all of that outsourcing to Alex/claiming he'd never thought about checking her FB page is just typical Sheldon. He asks others to help him with the gifts it (Penny, Alex) and then he never likes the suggestions and does it his own way. He says he would have never thought about checking her FB page, but then he knew all she liked anyway (he nods when Alex mentions the Canterbury Tales, like he knew already) and that nothing was good enough. Like with everything else, he wants not to care (or pretends not to care) but he does.

It's not that he doesn't care about making things perfect for her, because otherwise he would have gone with anything. He just hates the practical aspect of it. I understand that. There's nothing more frustrating that being forced to buy something for someone because of a special occasion, wanting it to be good, and having to jump through hoops to find it. It is an incredible amount of pressure, not to mention so artificial, as opposed to when you just happen to spontaneously stumble upon something the other person might like. 

• Like 4

I think all of that outsourcing to Alex/claiming he'd never thought about checking her FB page is just typical Sheldon. He asks others to help him with the gifts it (Penny, Alex) and then he never likes the suggestions and does it his own way. He says he would have never thought about checking her FB page, but then he knew all she liked anyway (he nods when Alex mentions the Canterbury Tales, like he knew already) and that nothing was good enough. Like with everything else, he wants not to care (or pretends not to care) but he does.

It's not that he doesn't care about making things perfect for her, because otherwise he would have gone with anything. He just hates the practical aspect of it. I understand that. There's nothing more frustrating that being forced to buy something for someone because of a special occasion, wanting it to be good, and having to jump through hoops to find it. It is an incredible amount of pressure, not to mention so artificial, as opposed to when you just happen to spontaneously stumble upon something the other person might like. 

Yep..this is exactly how I see the whole incident about asking Alex to help as well.  Bottom line, Sheldon knows Amy better than anyone. I think if anything it was trying to show us that...that he knows her well and knows what would excite her.  Sheldon has always looked at his grad students as flunkies who are there to run his personal errands so that he can continue to stay focused on work.  I see this as just another example of that, and also to help take pressure off of having to do a task he hates doing, i.e. gift buying.   Ultimately, however, he proves to all of us that he knows his gal better than anyone and chooses the right gift for her.   I am sure she would have liked everything Alex had picked, especially coming from Sheldon, but the EC meant more than any of the material things would have.   The writers did a brilliant job.

• Like 2

I think it's part of the process of figuring out what the gift should be.  He needs Penny or Alex to start his thinking process.  I don't understand the thinking that Sheldon was selfish to keep the brain cell drawing for himself.  It would have been a great gift for Amy, but he knew it wasn't what he wanted to give her.  Also, I still think part of why he liked it so much is that it reminded him of Amy.

This episode showed how much progress they've made since the beginning of the season.  Compared to TDNV, when Sheldon didn't really understand how to be romantic and, under pressure from Amy, eventually said something that was meaningful and from the heart.  This time, she took the pressure off and he was extremely! romantic anyway.  I am loving the intimacy that has developed between them.

• Like 3

I've rewatched the Rhinitis Revelation today (bet Phanta will love discussing this :p ) and I never realized how true it is that Mrs Cooper seems to know everything there is to know about his friends EXCEPT Amy. He seemed to keep her really guarded. I really wonder what she knows about this whole situation, over a year down the line. 

• Like 1

I've rewatched the Rhinitis Revelation today (bet Phanta will love discussing this :p ) and I never realized how true it is that Mrs Cooper seems to know everything there is to know about his friends EXCEPT Amy. He seemed to keep her really guarded. I really wonder what she knows about this whole situation, over a year down the line. 

spook, "you know what I like"! :p

I practically have that episode memorized...

It does seem that Sheldon keeps him mother informed about everyone, but doesn't talk about his relationship with Amy.  I SO want to see Sheldon try to talk to his mother about how he feels about Amy now--what he feels, what he does or doesn't understand about all that, what he's willing to admit to her (that he might not admit to Leonard and the guys or even Penny), or what he might not want to admit to her.

"Fascinating..."

• Like 3

spook, "you know what I like"! :p

I practically have that episode memorized...

It does seem that Sheldon keeps him mother informed about everyone, but doesn't talk about his relationship with Amy.  I SO want to see Sheldon try to talk to his mother about how he feels about Amy now--what he feels, what he does or doesn't understand about all that, what he's willing to admit to her (that he might not admit to Leonard and the guys or even Penny), or what he might not want to admit to her.

"Fascinating..."

Fascinating indeed!

The thing is, if he was so reserved about her, I don't know that he would open up much with his mother about it even now. Or even more so now. That's why I wonder how much she knows. There's a part of me that even wonders whether she knows they're official now, although I'm pretty sure she must know. I think it might be an interesting scenario if he hasn't said much because when she comes to visit she might be completely baffled at what's going on. It might be quite a surprise to see that the son she needed to literally take by the hand to get his job back is navigating a relationship on his own, and rather successfully at that. 

Fascinating indeed!

The thing is, if he was so reserved about her, I don't know that he would open up much with his mother about it even now. Or even more so now. That's why I wonder how much she knows. There's a part of me that even wonders whether she knows they're official now, although I'm pretty sure she must know. I think it might be an interesting scenario if he hasn't said much because when she comes to visit she might be completely baffled at what's going on. It might be quite a surprise to see that the son she needed to literally take by the hand to get his job back is navigating a relationship on his own, and rather successfully at that. 

I have been anxious to see Mary Cooper for a while now.  She's going to be thrilled to see her little boy in a relationship.  I could easily see a visit from her being a catalyst for the next level of the S/A relationship.  Sheldon seems to be pretty well aware of the physical progression on his own, but she might help him figure out that he does indeed love Amy--if he hasn't put it in those words for himself already.

Quote:This episode showed how much progress they've made since the beginning of the season.  Compared to TDNV, when Sheldon didn't really understand how to be romantic and, under pressure from Amy, eventually said something that was meaningful and from the heart.  This time, she took
the pressure off and he was extremely! romantic anyway.  I am loving the intimacy that has developed between them.

Yes it was really intimate and special moment when they're siting on the couch, looking at each other's eyes, and when she says "I'm your girlfriend and that's my job", and  when he explains why he picked her, and what does it mean for him  and this " like you said you're my girlfriend" his voice in that moment is so gentle and how he looks at her, and  that slight smile on his face, and when she hugs him, his face is so peaceful,  ( given his germ fobia) later during the hug, he get little nervous but like I said earlier, he didn't push her away. He really loves her.

Jim and Mayim should get golden globes next year!!!

caps0091.jpg

caps0092t.jpg

caps0093.jpg

caps0108.jpg

caps0111.jpg

Edited by silverangelD
  • Like 4

Speaking of that fan fiction you girls mentioned, I have to start over because I don't remember where I left off! Anyone know what was the last chapter that was there for months before an update? I left off there but I can't remember! Grrrrrr. LOL.

• Like 1

Virginia left it at chapter 32 for a really long time, then she updated 33 and 34 in the last few months.  I hear she is currently working on 35.  But it sat at chapter 32 for a really, really long time, so that is probably where you left off.   But it is good enough to start over.   :icon_wink:

Sure thing, Monique.  Anything for you... :icon_wink:

So I am sitting here watching the episode where Penny gives Sheldon the napkin and his reaction was amazing in this...but it makes me realize just how much he must have appreciated Amy's gesture on Valentine's given that he said it was the best gift anyone had ever given him (that included the napkin).  It is really something else when you think about how much that napkin meant.  

Someone asked on a different forum if that was so good, how come he didn't have a problem hugging Penny but didn't hug Amy.   Sheldon, as we know, is more like a pubescent boy sexually and so I could sort of see where hugging a friend would be easier than with someone you really loved and cared about (with his inexperience level that is).   I think it will come and he will become more comfortable with it, but for now, he is more like that young pre-teen kid who knows that his body is going to react a lot differently to a girl he cares about than to one that is purely only a platonic interest. :icon_redface:

• Like 5

Sure thing, Monique.  Anything for you... :icon_wink:

So I am sitting here watching the episode where Penny gives Sheldon the napkin and his reaction was amazing in this...but it makes me realize just how much he must have appreciated Amy's gesture on Valentine's given that he said it was the best gift anyone had ever given him (that included the napkin).  It is really something else when you think about how much that napkin meant.  

Someone asked on a different forum if that was so good, how come he didn't have a problem hugging Penny but didn't hug Amy.   Sheldon, as we know, is more like a pubescent boy sexually and so I could sort of see where hugging a friend would be easier than with someone you really loved and cared about (with his inexperience level that is).   I think it will come and he will become more comfortable with it, but for now, he is more like that young pre-teen kid who knows that his body is going to react a lot differently to a girl he cares about than to one that is purely only a platonic interest. :icon_redface:

Oh.  OHHHHHH!  (I love when Sheldon does that.)

I noticed he said it was the most thoughtful gift he had ever received.  Penny knew he would like the napkin but she didn't know he would nearly faint over it.  Amy's gift showed how well she knows him and wants to make him happy.

Oh.  OHHHHHH!  (I love when Sheldon does that.)

I noticed he said it was the most thoughtful gift he had ever received.  Penny knew he would like the napkin but she didn't know he would nearly faint over it.  Amy's gift showed how well she knows him and wants to make him happy.

Exactly. And taking note, it's Penny AND Wil whom he hugged for their gifts. The gifts were triggering the inner child in him. For me they were of a material level and they really did not know the magnitude it would cause to Sheldon's inner fanboy/child.

But Amy's gift. It was to his entire entity. Amy thought of it because it's what he loves. She's willing to see him be happy instead and unselfishly give up what she wanted herself. Sheldon knows the magnitude of this and he faced this gift more maturely, especially at the part where Amy was even requesting he take his gift back. I was shocked at how he proudly presented the gift and that he was more determined to show it to her, "No. No, after everything you didn't do for me, I want you to have this." The look on his face when he handed her the gift and the smile on his face when she was opening it... Crap I'm crying because I'm actually watching the scene as I type it and... OH god give me a moment. *inhales, exhales, cry again*

"Well, like you said, you're my girlfriend."

Okay, I can't help but feel like Jim was getting excited himself when they taped the scene that he also can't contain his excitement and it was showing so what we saw were tiny smiles coming from Sheldon.

• Like 2

meh, I still think that was just the writers being absurd. Like I said, they cut the knee pat. 

Anyway, speaking of cherry picking, I was just thinking yesterday about how some people, who make the claim that Sheldon is asexual and the writers are just changing him now, pick and choose what's canon and what is inconsistency. They say early S1 Sheldon doesn't count and post 3x23 Sheldon doesn't count to define what the "true" Sheldon is. But how much can you really ignore from S1? I mean, if it had been said in the pilot that he had sex before, I don't think anyone would be claiming now that he is a virgin, yet somehow if they state he is a semi-pro at you-know-what we can ignore that and state he is asexual? It just puzzles me that there's this idea of the "real" Sheldon and it fits in between a very precise timeframe on a show that's been ongoing for twice the length of that timeframe. 

• Like 4

They can not assume that he is or isn't a asexual just because we all can assume that he is virgin. Considering this fact, they need to  take into consideration all aspects. It has been told that in  S1 he was  a semi-pro in the you-know-what that is mean that he is not asexual, because, what for  Leonard has mentioned  it,  if writers did not establish that it is possible. I mean he felt his sex drive so his  asexuality can be taken from the fact that, in at all costs he wants to be different than everyone else, he wants to be more than the basic needs of lower order as he called sex, and at any price he wanted move it away. He was afraid of his feelings, he was afraid that sex would have negative impact on science. He was afraid that it would make him simple man, as for him  Howard, Raj and Leonard were. And as for the fear of germs, Amy had to come to his life and wake up in him the dormant decks  of feelings,  feelings which were not important to him. Now that he has so many feelings for her, you can tell that he loves her, at his own pace slowly wakes up in him the red-blooded man with sexual desires.

Edited by silverangelD
  • Like 1

silverangelD You need a few more (and larger) pictures, some text managed to get on the page.

Well you don't like my signature then don't look at it. I'ts your opinion. And and apparently you did not  read my previous posts. How can you judge me and say that I'm stupid and I have nothing to say. You do not know me, from the forum and posts you can not know. Post your own pictures if you like, And stop messing up. This is just a fan forum. We should be here for pleasure not for judging somebody

Edited by silverangelD
  • Like 4

[..They cannot assume that he is or isn't a asexual just because we all can assume that he is virgin.]

I agree.

[...he wants to be more than the basic needs of lower order as he called sex, and at any price he wanted move it away. He was afraid of his feelings, he was afraid that sex would have negative impact on science. He was afraid that it would make him simple man, as for him, Howard, Raj and Leonard were.]

That's is also true IMO

• Like 1

Well you don't like my signature then don't look at it. I'ts your opinion. And and apparently you did not  read my previous posts. How can you judge me and say that I'm stupid and I have nothing to say. You do not know me, from the forum and posts you can not know. Post your own pictures if you like, And stop messing up. This is just a fan forum. We should be here for pleasure not for judging somebody

I didn't call you stupid, nor did I comment on the text of your post, that was your conclusion, nor did I judge YOU. I simply suggest you try to use smaller or fewer pictures. Your sequence of the hug took up over two an a half screens paging down. Not counting your usual picture set which takes up over three quarters a screen (including the caption) when paging down. So It's kind of hard to ignore.

Edited by eirwinrommel

I've just realized something that you guys probably already knew but I was just looking at this gif:

tumblr_mffyjeL9O21rn4qwao1_500.gif

On your tumblr, chloe, and I discovered that I never noticed Sheldon actively curling his hand around Amy's when she went to hold his hand before. I just thought she kinda grabbed it. Well...anyway...it just randomly made my day xD...so thank you!!! 

Tous les garçons et les filles de mon âge

se promènent dans la rue deux par deux

tous les garçons et les filles de mon âge

savent bien ce que c´est d´être heureux

et les yeux dans les yeux et la main dans la main

{Tous les garçons et les filles ;)
  • Like 1

Tous les garçons et les filles de mon âge

se promènent dans la rue deux par deux

tous les garçons et les filles de mon âge

savent bien ce que c´est d´être heureux

et les yeux dans les yeux et la main dans la main