The Shamy Thread! (Season 6 Edition-Spoilers)

I know this is off but can people here tell me who's in tumblr too? I can feel that some of y'all from there. :)

Gonna make a drabble now to bury the stupid juvenile attempt of a hater that it strongly referred to as a fanfic.

• Replies 11.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The Love Spell Potential Pictures (Just ones with Shamy in them)  

Before we bid adieu to this thread, I think we should take a moment to just gaze at how big this thread is. There are more posts in this thread than there are in Seasons 1-5 boards combined. This thre

I am dying here. What I would not give for a bone saw so I could cut your skulls open and get a good gander at how your brains work!   Only in Shamy shipper land could "Leonard gets a job offer over

Posted Images

That video was great! Thanks for sharing!

About anything Shenny related: the topic doesn't interest me enough to care about anything Shenny related. LOL. I have better things to do with my time....like worry about Shamy. LOL.

About Missy: I LOVE HER! I hope she does come back eventually!...and of course Mrs. Cooper can come back any time. LOVE her too.

I really don't care if someone ships Shenny or Raj and Howard or Penny and a bottle of wine....as long as they enjoy it, fine. Who am I to judge? If we are happy shipping our own couples, leave the others alone. I hope both would sides would agree with that. I'm a little tired of taking any of the bait to argue about it. 

I thought Missy looked so much like Sheldon that it was believable they were related. Even though in the episode they note no resemblance. But, I wasn't really taken with her. I wouldn't mind her coming back and seeing what their interactions would be like now that Sheldon is growing up a bit. 

The person from Sheldon's family I'd most love to visit is his mother. She's one of my faves. It would be interesting seeing what happens if/when she does visit again.

*BTW, what video?

Edited by Shameless Shamy Shipper
  • Like 1

That video was great! Thanks for sharing!

About anything Shenny related: the topic doesn't interest me enough to care about anything Shenny related. LOL. I have better things to do with my time....like worry about Shamy. LOL.

About Missy: I LOVE HER! I hope she does come back eventually!...and of course Mrs. Cooper can come back any time. LOVE her too.

Missy and Penny got along pretty well, so it might be fun to see Missy hang out with the girl posse.  It would give her a chance to bond with Amy.  Now that the guys are in relationships, they wouldn't be chasing after her.  Wonder what their reaction to her would be.

• Like 1

Good morning people.

Thought of the day. I was just thinking about how much Sheldon's demeanor towards Amy has changed from the beginning of the season. In 6x01 and 6x02 he was his grouchy, blunt, uninterested self, what with the date and the handholding in the cinema, but there's really been a total shift in that regard. I mean, compare how much of a fuss he made over the handholding in the cinema (something trivial) to how he reacted to her wanting to move in (something massive).  I can't quite pinpoint when it started but the Wheaton ep is definitely the first time we see that shift overtly on screen. And now he's all smitten and whipped in a way he wasn't before. He almost feels like he's surrendered.

• Like 5

We do see him being more consciously caring and considerate of her feelings now. I agree that we saw him in the Wheaton episode, for the first time, holding back from speaking his mind bluntly because it might hurt her. Since nothing specific happened between episode 2 and episode 7 that would give him that memo, I think he just got to the realization through some internal thought process, like many things that are happening to him during this season.

He is sure maturing and dealing with his feelings - sometimes fighting them. Much of this seems to be internal and off-screen. He is opening up emotionally and the Shamy scenes suddenly have much more depth as if he realized how attached he is to her and, as he stated, how he's coming to realize he may want to get physical with her. It has to change his demeanor to some extent. When he talked to Penny at the bar about how much he cares for Amy and his concern she'd leave him, and then left to stand up for "his woman" it was like he made a choice to go all in. But, this is Sheldon, so all in may take some time. 

Good morning people.

Thought of the day. I was just thinking about how much Sheldon's demeanor towards Amy has changed from the beginning of the season. In 6x01 and 6x02 he was his grouchy, blunt, uninterested self, what with the date and the handholding in the cinema, but there's really been a total shift in that regard. I mean, compare how much of a fuss he made over the handholding in the cinema (something trivial) to how he reacted to her wanting to move in (something massive).  I can't quite pinpoint when it started but the Wheaton ep is definitely the first time we see that shift overtly on screen. And now he's all smitten and whipped in a way he wasn't before. He almost feels like he's surrendered.

Good Morning everyone :icon_razz:

Yes, it is a big change, taking into account that fact at the beginning of season 6, his attitude was more accepting  Amy's feelings and denying those feelings which are aroused in him, however,  Amy's treatments to increase his feelings for her gave with spectacular results. The truth about his emotional side comes to him slowly, but taking into account the previous seasons, how he were , is now moving at warp speed.He knows that there is the emotional side in him. And the more Amy tries the more he surrenders  to her, at what is natural for people who are in love.

Amy's experiments and feelings inspires in him the desire to make her happy, and he's trying to learn it. It will take him a little time, for too long he is not allowed  to express  his feelings, but becoming more and more matured to name

what he feels that is love. Desires are waking up in him  to become a red blooded man with sexual desires, not only to make Amy happy but also that he wants it, and more and more begins to enjoy it .

Edited by silverangelD

Good morning people.

I was thinking about that too.  I think what we've seen is that Sheldon lacks natural intuition about what Amy wants and needs, but he's learning.  In TDNV, Sheldon had no idea what Amy was expecting in terms of romance but once she told him, he was ready to offer it to her on Valentine's Day.  He didn't realize he screwed up in the way he handled her squabble with Wil Wheaton (even though it was her fault), but by the end of the episode he had learned and didn't make the same mistake with LeVar Burton.  In that scene, the eye contact when he gave her the look of "will you stop!" was actually kind of intimate.  When she got sick, it was clear he had learned from TWV that even though she may verbally let him off the hook, he should still be there for her when she needs him.  Him taking care of her also brought them much closer.  I also think it was a big deal to him when she was there to comfort him in TCKI.  She proved worthy of his trust, enough that he chose her to be there to comfort him during an emergency.

All the while this was going on, Sheldon was undergoing some internal growth.  It was especially evident in Bakersfield.  He lost some of his childlike innocence there and in the end realized he was appreciated by all his friends, but perhaps especially by Amy.

Edited by tmp
  • Like 2

Ugh, I know this is random, but I just wanted to say that I'm so thankful for you guys and for this wonderful fandom. Just watched the season finale of Downton Abbey and I hate that I got so emotionally invested in that show. Very. Upset. Right. Now. I digress...

But the Shamy thread is a happy place and I've scurried back over here to be cheered up! Carry on. :D

• Like 1

Ugh, I know this is random, but I just wanted to say that I'm so thankful for you guys and for this wonderful fandom. Just watched the season finale of Downton Abbey and I hate that I got so emotionally invested in that show. Very. Upset. Right. Now. I digress...

But the Shamy thread is a happy place and I've scurried back over here to be cheered up! Carry on. :D

I had very bad day yesterday, but when I read all this posts I  already felt much better. Sometimes you can read some negative posts in this tread posted by some Shamy haters but you can meet here a lot of beautifull people with the same warm feelings for Shamy. :icon_razz:

Edited by silverangelD

Oh, someone posted this on Tumblr

Who is an EC

Who is qualified?

Someone you trust.  Your contact at home is indispensable in an emergency situation.  In some cases, they may be trusted with your bank accounts and personal information.  As such, you should choose someone with whom you have had a relationship that is long term and not subject to change.

• Like 2

Oh, someone posted this on Tumblr

Who is an EC

Who is qualified?

Someone you trust.  Your contact at home is indispensable in an emergency situation.  In some cases, they may be trusted with your bank accounts and personal information.  As such, you should choose someone with whom you have had a relationship that is long term and not subject to change.

Reading my mind again! 

I was just going to say how, besides the whole "most important person in his life" implication for the EC, the fact that it's on an official piece of paper related to his job is pretty much a statement that they're in it for the long run. And that's another reason why Amy got so emotional over it: she has tangible proof (indeed) that he is very serious about it all. 

• Like 1

Ok. TOO DAMN MUCH of the Analysis is focused on Sheldon.

What about Amy?

Do we not care how she might be feeling?  

I think the focus is on Sheldon because we think we know where Amy's head is at... She is happy right now, she is in her comfort zone. She thinks she is on schedule... She doesn't know that Sheldon is about to level up in sexy. Her schedule could be really messed up.

I could see her freaking out slightly as she struggles to revise her timeline... But Amy is adaptable, she'll bounce back.

I think she is feeling good, until she finds out her relationship math is off and/ or that she is a sexual legend at CalTech... Please let it be Kripke that tells her. I need to hear him say Fowler like only he can. I also fantasize that she will call him Elmer Fudd to his face...

• Like 2

I think the focus is on Sheldon because we think we know where Amy's head is at... She is happy right now, she is in her comfort zone. She thinks she is on schedule... She doesn't know that Sheldon is about to level up in sexy. Her schedule could be really messed up.

I could see her freaking out slightly as she struggles to revise her timeline... But Amy is adaptable, she'll bounce back.

I think she is feeling good, until she finds out her relationship math is off and/ or that she is a sexual legend at CalTech... Please let it be Kripke that tells her. I need to hear him say Fowler like only he can. I also fantasize that she will call him Elmer Fudd to his face...

haha! YES! Fowwew. I'd pay big money to see that. (actually her whole name is a handful for Kripke!)

And agreed on the rest.

Edited by spook

I think we all already know that but I'm going to write this:

Amy is a wonderful woman. She's wise and clever in their experiments on Sheldon. She knows exactly what she wants. She knows that she loves him and desires him, and the feeling is so strong that tells her what to do to him that he will surrender to her. She accepts him with all the quirks, and knows exactly what  he is like,  and that's why   this  feeling is great and she is incredible. She's patient and understanding, she knows that he needs time. She loves him so much, that makes him happy is gift for  her. It is more and more  intimate situations between them,  when their feelings are visible, when you see them as she hugs him and worried about him, embraces him and she is with him  in a difficult  time and of course the episode Valentine's Day. Such situations make their feelings becomes more mature. And this wonderful gesture when she do something just for him. I think she loves him so much that she would wait. And she also will have more time to deal with fear of physical intimacy, because she is  inexperienced  to. They both are scared of this what sex brings,  but Amy is less scared.  She already knows  how she feels  and what she wants. She want  Sheldon,  with everything he offers. Whole package.

Edited by silverangelD
  • Like 1

I think we all already know that but I'm going to write this:

Amy is a wonderful woman. She's wise and clever in their experiments on Sheldon. She knows exactly what she wants. She knows that she loves him and desires him, and the feeling is so strong that tells her what to do to him that he will surrender to her. She accepts him with all the quirks, and knows exactly what  he is like,  and that's why   this  feeling is great and she is incredible. She's patient and understanding, she knows that he needs time. She loves him so much, that makes him happy is gift for  her. It is more and more  intimate situations between them,  when their feelings are visible, when you see them as she hugs him and worried about him, embraces him and she is with him  in a difficult  time and of course the episode Valentine's Day. Such situations make their feelings becomes more mature. And this wonderful gesture when she do something just for him. I think she loves him so much that she would wait. And she also will have more time to deal with fear of physical intimacy, because she is  inexperienced  to. They both are scared of this what sex brings,  but Amy is less scared.  She already knows  how she feels  and what he wants. She want  Sheldon,  with everything she offers. Whole package.

Yes, thats what we see on the surface, do we ever stop to think how she might be feeling in her quiet moments? 

But that's the thing...I don't think Amy is totally happy right now. There is a bubbling frustration that has been coursing through her comments all season. 

Its leading to something, but I don't think she is 100% satisfied. 

I think she is on schedule. She knows who she's dealing with. She is seeing results. Even if she occasionally feels frustrated, she is a strong lady and she may crave affection, but she is realizing she doesn't need normal.

Could she snap? Yes! Please!

Should she? Yes! Angry Amy rocks!

But I think she is doing better than Bernadette and Penny in terms of relationship happiness. She likes her man crazy.

• Like 1

Yes, thats what we see on the surface, do we ever stop to think how she might be feeling in her quiet moments? 

We used to be able to tell from her harp selections.

How does anyone feel during their 3am nightmare of introspection? Unsure, insecure, pouty... She is a person. She has strong emotions. She is also intellectually curious, creative and results oriented... She looks for solutions.

She has a capacity to appreciate what she has now even if it isn't all she'll ever want... She also loves Sheldon for who he actually is.

That is really beautiful.

• Like 2