The Shamy Thread! (Season 6 Edition-Spoilers)

Yes, thats what we see on the surface, do we ever stop to think how she might be feeling in her quiet moments? 

She is patient with him and she want's to wait but how long. You can see whole rainbow of colours of feelings in her. From love to anxiety to frustration.  But what will be stronger love or imaptinence. She accept him, that I think that love will be stronger. But what writers will give us, who knows, we can only imagine, and we can have a suspicions what it will be. She is strong and her feelings are strong and patience because I think she would have given up long time ago, especially since she knows that Sheldon was jealous of Stuart so it means that he cares and he is jealous.She may be able to use it as her  argument, but she belive  in him and trust him.

Edited by silverangelD

• Replies 11.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The Love Spell Potential Pictures (Just ones with Shamy in them)  

Before we bid adieu to this thread, I think we should take a moment to just gaze at how big this thread is. There are more posts in this thread than there are in Seasons 1-5 boards combined. This thre

I am dying here. What I would not give for a bone saw so I could cut your skulls open and get a good gander at how your brains work!   Only in Shamy shipper land could "Leonard gets a job offer over

Posted Images

What we are not getting is not Amy regarding Sheldon. But how she feels within herself. I'm just kind of feeling all of Amy's hurt/confusion/frustration.

I don't think her comments in the upcoming episode are to be so easily dismissed. But like myself, love & strong will gets us through moments of frustration.

I think what often gets ignored is that Amy is not a "normal" girl either. So I don't think how girls would normally react to this situation necessarily applies to her. I do think that Sheldon needs to step up, given how wonderful she's been to him, especially recently. But I also don't think she expects all that much from him right now: she not only knew what she was getting herself in for but she is a lot like him in many ways. I just don't think we've seen hints of anything bubbling under the surface on her part, except for desire for a bit more intimacy. But more often than not she is smitten with the guy, even when she describes his quirks to her friends (the brunch thing in 6x13 for example) she finds them adorable whereas the others are like WTF. The only thing we can infer about her quiet moments is from what the writers show us about her non-quiet moments, and overall I don't think she's unhappy at all. Especially not after V-day.

I could see how it could be getting more frustrating for her if Sheldon had stayed the same as he was at the beginning of the season, or, even worse, regressed, but instead he has been growing a lot emotionally. I think his taking care of her when she was ill, his present on V-day, are all things that she would have never gotten out of him in the past and she must be noticing that. I think he is surprising her more than frustrating her right now.

However, like I said many times, I do think she doesn't have much of a clue as to how MUCH he's actually grown (especially his openness to physical intimacy) and that this is all going to come to a head some time soon. But, right now they seem to be in such a great place that I'm not sure the revelation is going to come out of an outburst on her part. I'd be kind of disappointed if the writers decided to let her become frustrated the same way a normal person would be, because that to me defeats the whole purpose of her character being literally Sheldon's other half. It turns into a Homo Novus with Girl, instead of Homo Novus with Homo Novus. So I hope that the revelation will come out unexpectedly, in some funny and bizarre way and that it will sweep her off her feet, but while being consistent with the fact that she is not a normal girl. A "normal" girl would not put up with, or even want a Sheldon for a day, let alone 2 1/2 years. What I like about Amy is that she puts her foot down when she has to but she finds happiness and love in things normal people wouldn't. 

Edited by spook
  • Like 3

What we are not getting is not Amy regarding Sheldon. But how she feels within herself. I'm just kind of feeling all of Amy's hurt/confusion/frustration.

I don't think her comments in the upcoming episode are to be so easily dismissed. But like myself, love & strong will gets us through moments of frustration.

What comments do you mean?  I've read the taping reports.  Are you talking about the "it only takes one kiss to wake up Snow White" line?

On another thread, someone mentioned something to the effect that AFF would have to scavenge for affection and she wouldn't be happy with that.  I agreed that it would be true for most of us, but remember she's different.  Compared to most of us, she needs little reassurance and overt affection.  That's why the two of them are such a good match.  When she does have a need, she lets him know and so far he has always stepped up and provided it for her (eventually)--cuddling in TIP, showing interest in her accomplishment, standing up for her to WW, saying something meaningful and from the heart, and a sweet Valentine's Day.

• Like 2

I think what often gets ignored is that Amy is not a "normal" girl either. So I don't think how girls would normally react to this situation necessarily applies to her. I do think that Sheldon needs to step up, given how wonderful she's been to him, especially recently. But I also don't think she expects all that much from him right now: she not only knew what she was getting herself in for but she is a lot like him in many ways. I just don't think we've seen hints of anything bubbling under the surface on her part, except for desire for a bit more intimacy. But more often than not she is smitten with the guy, even when she describes his quirks to her friends (the brunch thing in 6x13 for example) she finds them adorable whereas the others are like WTF. The only thing we can infer about her quiet moments is from what the writers show us about her non-quiet moments, and overall I don't think she's unhappy at all. Especially not after V-day.

I could see how it could be getting more frustrating for her if Sheldon had stayed the same as he was at the beginning of the season, or, even worse, regressed, but instead he has been growing a lot emotionally. I think his taking care of her when she was ill, his present on V-day, are all things that she would have never gotten out of him in the past and she must be noticing that. I think he is surprising her more than frustrating her right now.

However, like I said many times, I do think she doesn't have much of a clue as to how MUCH he's actually grown (especially his openness to physical intimacy) and that this is all going to come to a head some time soon. But, right now they seem to be in such a great place that I'm not sure the revelation is going to come out of an outburst on her part. I'd be kind of disappointed if the writers decided to let her become frustrated the same way a normal person would be, because that to me defeats the whole purpose of her character being literally Sheldon's other half. It turns into a Homo Novus with Girl, instead of Homo Novus with Homo Novus. So I hope that the revelation will come out unexpectedly, in some funny and bizarre way and that it will sweep her off her feet, but while being consistent with the fact that she is not a normal girl. A "normal" girl would not put up with, or even want a Sheldon for a day, let alone 2 1/2 years. What I like about Amy is that she puts her foot down when she has to but she finds happiness and love in things normal people wouldn't. 

You said exactly what I was thinking.  I agree with you about not wanting to see Amy get frustrated.  It would be a letdown if he finally kissed her only because she gave him an ultimatum. 

Hmmm. Amy may be different in many ways but she wants what every woman wants. I guess I'm getting tired of Sheldon being obstinate & oblivious. Her comments about 'Sheldons lips are only for himself' 'Gave him her best come hither look' 'A brain tumor would explain alot' 'I want a normal boyfriend but we'll have to deal'. While she appreciates & loves him because of his quirks, TSAS showed frustration just bubbling below the surface. The statement Sheldon made about Amy hitting 'the boyfriend jackpot' is ringing with sarcasm.

• Like 1

Hmmm. Amy may be different in many ways but she wants what every woman wants. I guess I'm getting tired of Sheldon being obstinate & oblivious. Her comments about 'Sheldons lips are only for himself' 'Gave him her best come hither look' 'A brain tumor would explain alot' 'I want a normal boyfriend but we'll have to deal'. While she appreciates & loves him because of his quirks, TSAS showed frustration just bubbling below the surface. The statement Sheldon made about Amy hitting 'the boyfriend jackpot' is ringing with sarcasm.

Some of those comments are typical teasing comments people in relationships make and they don't necessarily indicate an underlying frustration.  Overall, I would say she seems very confident that they will get married and make love eventually.  She knows she's a tad further along than he is but he's getting there and in the meantime she's content.

And yes....she is sooooo much better & more mature than Penny in relationships. I however see Bernadette as a more natural bff than Penny.

I do not disagree. I also see that Amy could serve as professional mentor to Bernadette. It would be fun if they took off for a weekend to do go to a biology event and dragged their boys.

I like that Amy has lost the childlike awe she had of Penny last year. It is a sign the friendship is stronger. I loved it when Bernadette and Amy  exchanged meaningful glances over Penny's apparently 8th grade reading level. I wish we could have seen their expressions of horror when reading the first draft of her history essay.

I also love the H/B vs. Shamy dynamic. Game night would have been a lot deadlier if Bernadette had been involved.

• Like 1

I know she's firm in her goals and will succeed with them but I disagree that she is 100% content.

I don't think anyone is ever 100% content until they've achieved all their goals, and where's the fun in that?  It's like someone with long-term career goals may be happy enough in his or her current job, but still craves advancement and work towards it.  I think Amy knows it takes time for their relationship to grow and become physical.

• Like 1

See, that's where I disagree. If the writers had wanted to tell the story of Sheldon having to navigate a relationship with a girl that wants what every woman wants they would not have created Amy in his own image (pardon the biblical pun). Also, saying that Amy wants what every woman wants just because she is a woman is like saying that since Sheldon doesn't want what every man wants he is asexual. I don't think that's the case. I think Amy has a very teenagey view of romance still, and she's learning now that to get the most out of him as a boyfriend she has to let go of those notions and let him be himself, just like he is learning that he can let himself feel and be happy and that that will make Amy happy in turn. The V-day date was showing that so clearly: she let him be himself, he swept her off her feet and they had the best date they've ever had. That is going to be a massive turning point in their relationship. And she will realize that if she's willing to put aside the candles and flowers and romance that she sees in movies and novels and lets him be in his own skin she WILL get what she craves most out of him: love, affection and adoration. (Do I have to post that screenshot again? lol).

A lot of those comments are things everyone says about people who are close and have quirks. And a lot of them are throw-away lines. Like Sheldon's "I have to cut her loose". She does want intimacy and we know she's further ahead than Sheldon in that regard and indeed all those comments are about physical intimacy, she's never questioned his feelings for her or his loyalty. That's why I think the only area she might feel insecure about is whether he finds her attractive, and I think the whole Kripke situation would be a perfect setup to let that cat out of the bag and shock her. Because if WE did not see that one coming, she surely isn't.

She is not 100% content of course, nobody every is. There is a lot of work still to be done on this relationship. But if she truly wanted what every woman wants she would have said no to Sheldon and kept dating Stuart. She wants Sheldon.

Edited by spook
  • Like 4

I  think Sheldon has been on alert since the drunken Wil Wheaton incident. Once he slurred his inner terror into the universe, he had to keep thinking about it. And he is more intune to her needs than he realizes.

If Amy were a mean person (or as desperate as she is portrayed), she could bring him to heel so quickly... He'd be no match for her.

She is playing her game ethically (except for the faking extra days of sickness thing, but nobody's perfect...) Sheldon knows that too. He appreciates her, even if he doesn't show it conventionally.

I think there is going to be something coming up where she needs him and he comes through for her. I think that is far more likely than even a kiss.

But I will be very surprised if we don't get a cheek kiss in the season finale.

• Like 2

I  think Sheldon has been on alert since the drunken Wil Wheaton incident. Once he slurred his inner terror into the universe, he had to keep thinking about it. And he is more intune to her needs than he realizes.

If Amy were a mean person (or as desperate as she is portrayed), she could bring him to heel so quickly... He'd be no match for her.

She is playing her game ethically (except for the faking extra days of sickness thing, but nobody's perfect...) Sheldon knows that too. He appreciates her, even if he doesn't show it conventionally.

I think there is going to be something coming up where she needs him and he comes through for her. I think that is far more likely than even a kiss.

Bold part. So much. That's why I don't buy it that she's THAT frustrated/discontented. Because she's put her foot down before and she knows she gets results when she does. If she wanted to, she could manipulate him like one of her test monkeys. But she doesn't. Partly because she's not mean and manipulative, but also because she doesn't feel the need to, unless there is a good reason.

I have no doubt she loves him, wants him & does intend to marry him. I'm just seeing little chinks in the armour is all. And I'm sure he loves her, wants her and intends to marry her. I'm sensing angst & its delicious.

And my fave moments - in which there have been at least 4 - are when A & B exchange knowing glances regarding Penny.

I have no doubt she loves him, wants him & does intend to marry him. I'm just seeing little chinks in the armour is all. And I'm sure he loves her, wants her and intends to marry her. I'm sensing angst & its delicious.

And my fave moments - in which there have been at least 4 - are when A & B exchange knowing glances regarding Penny.

I think Sheldon has been on alert since the drunken Wil Wheaton incident. Once he slurred his inner terror into the universe, he had to keep thinking about it. And he is more intune to her needs than he realizes.

I can agree totally with this post. I just want to see him do something amazing for her without thr proverbial push.

• Like 1

Amy was such a Sheldon in the way she treated Penny in Bakersfield. I LOVED it. "Hard to argue with those kind of street smarts". LOL.

You mean her hero worship of Penny has ended. I for one couldn't be happier. A lot of those comments ruined otherwise perfect scenes in s5.

You mean her hero worship of Penny has ended. I for one couldn't be happier. A lot of those comments ruined otherwise perfect scenes in s5.

And we've said good bye to the creepy bi-sexuality. We only have room for one creepy bi-sexual and that is Raj.

I love Penny, but she is the train wreck friend. The friend that handles her life in such an incompetent manner, you just feel good about yourself. Amy isn' t there yet, but Bernadette has been there from the beginning.

For Bernadette, I think Amy is the friend you keep because the quotable weirdness never stops.

That being said, Bernadette would be the one to urge Amy to cut her losses with regard to Sheldon and Penny would be the drunken voice of reason encouraging Amy to solider on.

I love those girls!

And we've said good bye to the creepy bi-sexuality. We only have room for one creepy bi-sexual and that is Raj.

I love Penny, but she is the train wreck friend. The friend that handles her life in such an incompetent manner, you just feel good about yourself. Amy isn' t there yet, but Bernadette has been there from the beginning.

For Bernadette, I think Amy is the friend you keep because the quotable weirdness never stops.

That being said, Bernadette would be the one to urge Amy to cut her losses with regard to Sheldon and Penny would be the drunken voice of reason encouraging Amy to solider on.

I love those girls!

Buuuut in TFSA Penny urged Amy to look around whilst Bernie was indignant that Amy has a bf.

I guess I'm not a fan of the Pennys of the world. The useless, IMO pretty dunces. Harsh...but I have no patience with them.

Buuuut in TFSA Penny urged Amy to look around whilst Bernie was indignant that Amy has a bf.

I guess I'm not a fan of the Pennys of the world. The useless, IMO pretty dunces. Harsh...but I have no patience with them.

They were both right.

Amy didn't have anything solid going with Sheldon at that point, looking around was a good idea (paid off big time. She got a movie and a pumpkin latte out of the deal too). Bernadette just hadn't considered that they weren't a couple.

But if Sheldon were treating Amy as callously as people say he is, then I think Bernadette's loyalty would be to Amy as an individual. Penny would not want to risk losing either of them and she loves their couple dynamic.

I think there are 2 types of Shippers. People who adore one character and would ship them with anyone who wasn't a douche. And people who are attached to the couple. Any deviation from the couple would drive them crazy.

Bernadette is type one, Penny is type 2.

With the Shamy, I am type 2, but I've been type 1 enough to sympathize.

I do think the writers read and take on board some of the criticism. Have you noticed that lately Amy's worship of Penny has disappeared, her sex comments have disappeared, Penny's drinking has gone down, etc etc? 

I am very happy Amy does not worship Penny as much anymore, but I think for a while it was sort of believable: Amy is after all the one that's meant to be craving everything she never had and being friends with the "popular" girl excited her. Perhaps too much. But as early as the Halloween ep this season I think Amy has realized there's no point in worshipping because she's very flawed: the whole conversation about it being Leonard's job to make her happy that both Amy and Bernadette cringed at. But I do like their friendship very much. Penny is sort of the fairy godmother of the Shamy, hell, she's a full blown shipper. I find the dynamic between the S/A/P very endearing. Like I said many times one of my favorite scenes from the show is when Penny is upset about Leonard and Priya and she goes over to Sheldon's while he's skyping Amy and she has that little smile on her face that they're trying to make her feel better in their own way. It's very sweet to me. I think Penny has a lot to learn from Sheldon and Amy too, and she is to a certain extent doing so. 

• Like 1

ew amy and bernadette being BFFs makes me really sad to think about, mainly cause im a penny and amy forever. i miss it so much you know. it was one of my favourite things in season 5. lms if u cried. 

no but i do miss amys penny is so hot comments but i like the reason that theyve gone cause sheldon is paying more attention to her. 

im probably the only one who wants the pamy.

ew amy and bernadette being BFFs makes me really sad to think about, mainly cause im a penny and amy forever. i miss it so much you know. it was one of my favourite things in season 5. lms if u cried. 

no but i do miss amys penny is so hot comments but i like the reason that theyve gone cause sheldon is paying more attention to her. 

im probably the only one who wants the pamy.

Hey, I like the Pamy too, don't leave me out :p I also think the two sets of besties thing they have going on (P/A and L/S) is adorable. 

Edited by spook