The Shamy Thread! (Season 6 Edition-Spoilers)

I also think that the point was precisely to show that the guys could not care less about the girls being dolled up because they have their game to play. Same as it was seasons ago when Penny came in with her hot friends and the guys were like "whatever". Shows that even now that they have girlfriends they still are themselves and haven't become boring, whipped boyfriends. I liked that. :)

• Like 2

• Replies 11.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The Love Spell Potential Pictures (Just ones with Shamy in them)  

Before we bid adieu to this thread, I think we should take a moment to just gaze at how big this thread is. There are more posts in this thread than there are in Seasons 1-5 boards combined. This thre

I am dying here. What I would not give for a bone saw so I could cut your skulls open and get a good gander at how your brains work!   Only in Shamy shipper land could "Leonard gets a job offer over

Posted Images

I also think that the point was precisely to show that the guys could not care less about the girls being dolled up because they have their game to play. Same as it was seasons ago when Penny came in with her hot friends and the guys were like "whatever". Shows that even now that they have girlfriends they still are themselves and haven't become boring, whipped boyfriends. I liked that. :)

AGREE

Yes, in that sense it was highly satisfactory to see all three guys make it clear to their partners in the opening scene that the D&D get-together was important to them. And the girls didn't really make a fuss about it, they happily went out on their own girls' night after a bit of teasing. :)

Though I have to say that since Amy expressed a genuine interest in participating, the fair thing would be to have occasional mixed nights when the girls can join in if they want, apart from purely guy's gaming nights.

Yes, in that sense it was highly satisfactory to see all three guys make it clear to their partners in the opening scene that the D&D get-together was important to them. And the girls didn't really make a fuss about it, they happily went out on their own girls' night after a bit of teasing. :)

Though I have to say that since Amy expressed a genuine interest in participating, the fair thing would be to have occasional mixed nights when the girls can join in if they want, apart from purely guy's gaming nights.

I'm sure they'll do that in the future, especially considering the girls' new found love for comic books :p They have loads of stories left to tell, I'd be surprised if one of them didn't involve a mixed games night.

I agree with you and spook. Now that the girls have taken at least a little interest in some of the things the guys are into--Bernie and Penny have played online games, Amy has now expressed an interest in D&D, and they've now dipped their toes into the comic book/superhero world--it would be fun to see a mixed group game night. Since the guys like to play online as a team, they could do some online game with girls vs guys--which could be really funny if one side or the other, or maybe one individual or another gets their feelings hurt or takes it too seriously, or not seriously enough, etc.

Lots of potential down that road. :)

One of those times when I wish there were TBBT writers/publicists lurking here, picking up on ideas. ;)

Considering the FF references I wouldn't be surprised if they were, lol.

I was just rewatching TLA last night and I noticed Leonard said "We got you that book last year..." Which means they must have given him THE book not long after he met Amy, I bet as a joke on his constant denial that Amy was his girlfriend. I found that quite hilarious, I had never noticed it before. Wish we could have seen that scene. :p Also, I wonder who "We" is, because I remember Penny and Leonard mentioning the fact that they gave him the book but never anyone else, as far as I remember? 

Edited by spook

Yeah, Penny is definitely part of, "We". LOL. "Again! READ the BOOK we gave you!" Haha Wasn't this before he started seeing Amy? That line Penny says comes from when Leonard pimps himself out to the old lady, no? LOL. Good times.

Monique

Yeah, Penny is definitely part of, "We". LOL. "Again! READ the BOOK we gave you!" Haha Wasn't this before he started seeing Amy? That line Penny says comes from when Leonard pimps himself out to the old lady, no? LOL. Good times.

Monique

Yes, I think you're right--I think that was before Amy.  I think it was when Leonard said that the old woman had stuck her tongue down his throat and Sheldon was all, "Wha???"

So I was reading on another thread that there are some who believe they are setting up P/L to be stable and happy and therefore they will use the Shamy to provide relationship drama to the show. What are people's thoughts on that? Do you think that's the direction the writers might be going in? 

If they broke up S/A it will be difficult to find storylines for Amy.  When L/P broke up, Penny still lived next door.  Sure, Amy still has the girl posse but that's not enough.  Relationship drama isn't the only kind of drama there is. The writers have plenty of ground they can cover (Penny's career, Raj's selective mutism, Leonard's family issues, etc) without having to split up a couple.  I think Shamy works too well to break them up--she's a catalyst to put him in uncomfortable situations but she's also great as his accomplice (like helping him paint in the parking lot). The only way I could see them ending is if Mayim decided to leave the show, which would break my heart. 

Edited by tmp
  • Like 3

If they broke up S/A it will be difficult to find storylines for Amy.  When L/P broke up, Penny still lived next door.  Sure, Amy still has the girl posse but that's not enough.  Relationship drama isn't the only kind of drama there is. The writers have plenty of ground they can cover (Penny's career, Raj's selective mutism, Leonard's family issues, etc) without having to split up a couple.  I think Shamy works too well to break them up--she's a catalyst to put him in uncomfortable situations but she's also great as his accomplice (like helping him paint in the parking lot). The only way I could see them ending is if Mayim decided to leave the show, which would break my heart. 

I definitely agree with this, especially with the last part. That really is the only reason I could see that might put the toll on Shamy, which would really break a lot of hearts.

I too can't really see a breakup coming AT ALL, the way things have been going. And I do not think it is necessary at all, nor really coherent with this couple and it would be a pretty cheap plot device. But it I am always wary of what the writers might do to shock people: Raj sleeping with Penny was a terrible idea and they went ahead with that anyway.

I think there is SO much to do with the Shamy still that a breakup is not necessary at all to keep them interesting. Also, I don't know how they could write in a realistic breakup so far into the relationship without having Sheldon going insane. Even if insane means that he will just clam up and don't speak to anyone. I don't know that you can have only one episode of that and then have him back to normal, the repercussions would be huge if they want to keep it realistic and you can't have a show with a clammed-up Sheldon. And if you have him going insane mad-scientist style then he'd turn into a cartoon. There is no way they could break them up and have Sheldon go back to the way he's always been as if nothing happened.

I do not think they would get rid of Amy though, I actually think it's far easier to give her storylines without Sheldon than it would be to give Bernadette storylines without Howard. And I really don't think Mayim plans on going anywhere, so the only way they will get rid of her is if they decide to cut Amy. Which, again, I don't think they will do.

I also always saw them as the beta couple of the show, and beta couples do not tend to have the same amount of drama as alpha couples usually (think Chandler/Monica in Friends, Marshall/Lily in HYMYM etc).  I never think relationship drama is necessary for a show to work, but some people seem to believe otherwise, that's why I'm starting to consider whether it might a possibility in the current context. But I just don't see it. 

• Like 1

It occurred to me that with Mayim's divorce, she might feel the need to quit work to be with her children.  I hope she and her family are OK, and that she doesn't leave the show.

It occurred to me that with Mayim's divorce, she might feel the need to quit work to be with her children.  I hope she and her family are OK, and that she doesn't leave the show.

I actually got the impression it might be the opposite, that they might have split because of her job (and maybe because she won't give it up). Just my speculation of course. In any case I think they'd probably cut down her appearances before she leaves altogether. There's tons of ways to work around a situation like that if both parties are willing to make it work, and lots of ways they could have Amy be less present but not absent (work abroad for part of the year, for example). She seems to love it and is superinvested in the Shamy, I'd be shocked if she were to leave of her own choice.

The fact that both of them supposedly have the most issues regarding any social life and were reluctant to engage in a romantic relationship in the first place gives their healthy and stable relationship a sense of comic irony that I find incredibly endearing. It's still kept perfectly believable, however, as all the the aspects of their personality that people deem negative such as desire for structure and rules, means that committing to a long-term partner works unexpectedly well for them.

Penny and Leonard are more spontaneous so the drama is more believable. They've both said their ILY's and they're well into a proper physical relationship so, at the moment, it is the drama that keeps Lenny interesting. What makes Shamy so interesting is watching Sheldon's slow progress into a 'proper' relationship. Shoving a load of spanners into the works is completely unnecessary because Sheldon needs positivity and stability from Amy to fuel his desire to move foward.

As Spook mentioned, I think their role as 'Beta couple' works well and I wouldn't like that to change any time soon. A few bits of drama for a humorous effect are okay but proper drama would definately take away from why I loved them so much in the first place. The writers can take some drama away from Lenny if they want to focus on a different storyline like Penny's career etc but please writers, don't think that means you have to give it all to the Shamy. A break up would have to be extremely justified and well-thought out by the writers for me to keep my faith (and only if they get back together afterwards :p)!

• Like 1

When we heard about Mayim's divorce, we instantly thought the same, that she may have not given up on her job. I actually felt like crying when I realized how it was possible that she was to chose between her job or her children and I felt so selfish that I was glad she might have possibly chosen her job. Selfish because without her, there won't be shamy any longer.

I got a google alert with a link to this thread. :icon_lol: What's going on here?

I can't tell you ...

but after having watched Sheldon saying: Oh, dear Lord, oh, Yes, Yes! (Shame I can't bring the movie clip here of Sheldon's massage)

I say...Oh boys this guy really need to be laid!

cane-agrifoglio.gif

• Like 1

Haha! He does. If he gets that turned on from giving himself a massage then he would surely enjoy some help from Amy in the getting laid department. LOL. Actually, what if there was a scene where Amy gives Sheldon a massage? Oh the possibilities with a scene like that...

Monique

• Like 1

I can't tell you ...

but after having watched Sheldon saying: Oh, dear Lord, oh, Yes, Yes! (Shame I can't bring the movie clip here of Sheldon's massage)

I say...Oh boys this guy really need to be laid!

Do you mean this one? :p

I recently watched that episode today and yes, looking back on it it did make me realize just how much more potential the shamy had ;)

Edited by Razberrypie