The Shamy Thread! (Season 6 Edition-Spoilers)

I think that poll is just used to make some kind of sexist judgement on the makeup of the fandom after some people keep insisting that the show has been dumbed down for "teeny bopper girls". 

eta: Oh Monique, I thought you were being sarcastic about being excited about the new episode since there wasn't one. LOL! 

Yeah, I didn't participate for this very reason.  I think there are far more women than men active on the boards these days, so it's not as if the poll is going to show much in the way of real gender skewing.  And what's the point other than to make a sexist judgment?

• Replies 11.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The Love Spell Potential Pictures (Just ones with Shamy in them)  

Before we bid adieu to this thread, I think we should take a moment to just gaze at how big this thread is. There are more posts in this thread than there are in Seasons 1-5 boards combined. This thre

I am dying here. What I would not give for a bone saw so I could cut your skulls open and get a good gander at how your brains work!   Only in Shamy shipper land could "Leonard gets a job offer over

Posted Images

Thanks for the pics, Stardust! One glimpse of his ever-cheerful face makes my office day. :wub: I do hope the interview gets uploaded. I remember the last one was put up on Kimmel's youtube channel.

'Neuro-something or other' seems to be a running joke between Jim and Mayim. For someone who remembers Sheldon's dialogues, it's impossible that he can't remember 'neuroscientist' :p but he says 'neuro-something' in all his interviews just to tease her, I think. And to play with the duality of Mayim being a neuroscientist and Amy being a neurobiologist.

The point is moot because polls on online fandoms hardly are a reliable statistical sample of the audience.

In any case, yes, I do agree that Lenny appeals more to guys (besides the Kaley factor), but I have the suspicion, given what I keep reading

in certain threads, that that poll wasn't coincidental. Not saying that it was opened with bad intentions but I'm sure it will be used as such. I cannot stand gender-related polls in general, they're based on the assumption that you can infer what kind of approaches and thought processes one has towards a certain topic based on gender alone, which is incredibly stereotypical and reductive, imo.

Agree on both points. I did put in my vote (because I participate in most polls), before I realized the sexist undertones of the whole exercise. Even if it wasn't started for that purpose, there are already people commenting that the results will be 'flooded by females who will vote for Shamy' and so on. Which is incredibly irritating, and what's funny is that it doesn't even make sense in the 'women love rom-com' stereotype. Leonard/Penny is much more of a standard rom-com couple than Shamy, IMO. Sheldon and Amy are just a couple of weirdos. 

Edited by Pomita

I don't like him in quite the same way some of you do, but I certainly agree that he has one of those "light up the room" smiles.

Watched TPLE when it was on last night (well, was racing against a while trying to watch) and was reminded how much I love it when Amy is Sheldon's sidekick.  Nobody else would have wanted to get involved with his antics repainting his name on the parking spot.  It seems perfectly reasonable to her, whereas it wouldn't to anyone else.

• Like 2

I don't like him in quite the same way some of you do, but I certainly agree that he has one of those "light up the room" smiles.

Watched TPLE when it was on last night (well, was racing against a while trying to watch) and was reminded how much I love it when Amy is Sheldon's sidekick. Nobody else would have wanted to get involved with his antics repainting his name on the parking spot. It seems perfectly reasonable to her, whereas it wouldn't to anyone else.

Yes, especially because at the beginning of the EP he asks Leonard why he never takes his side and Leonard shouts "Because I never understand your side!". It's a great contrast to Amy.

Thanks for the photos Stardust. I hope someone will upload it on you tube.

Calling all Shamers...There is a poll on this board under "the show" heading about favorite couple.  Lenny is leading!!!  Vote if you want...weirdly Bernie/Howie were left off the poll.

The point is moot because polls on online fandoms hardly are a reliable statistical sample of the audience.

In any case, yes, I do agree that Lenny appeals more to guys (besides the Kaley factor), but I have the suspicion, given what I keep readingin certain threads, that that poll wasn't coincidental. Not saying thatit was opened with bad intentions but I'm sure it will be used as such. Icannot stand gender-related polls in general, they're based on the assumption that you can infer what kind of approaches and thoughtprocesses one has towards a certain topic based on gender alone, whichis incredibly stereotypical and reductive, imo.

Agree on both points. I did put in my vote (because I participate in most polls), before I realized the sexist undertones of the whole exercise. Even if it wasn't started for that purpose, there are already people commenting that the results will be 'flooded by females who will vote for Shamy' and so on. Which is incredibly irritating, and what's
funny is that it doesn't even make sense in the 'women love rom-com' stereotype. Leonard/Penny is much more of a standard rom-com couple than Shamy, IMO. Sheldon and Amy are just a couple of weirdos.

Can you tell me about which side you talking about I can't find it.

But from what you're saying it's just a waste of time. Maybe they didn't create it with bad intentions, but the haters are waiting :icon_twisted: .  And  when someone want to show  in his comment that on the Shamy will  vote silly teenagers, and they are just a couple of freaks, and  for Lenny mostly guys, because of Kaley, they does it   because they see the goal to humiliate people, to show that TBBT is going  to nowhere? :icon_mad:   Why someone posts these comments  , to cause the shambles?

Maybe I can judge because I haven't seen it, but when they assume that, if Shamy are not like a standard pair that they are just freaks, it just annoy me as hell. :icon_twisted: :icon_twisted:

Edited by silverangelD

I've been in a data analysis brainstorm/meeting from 10am until now. But I finally had a good day. *woot woot* Pumped up fo Shamy chat later. 

• Like 1

Mighty quiet here today.  Where is everyone?   :icon_lol:

tumblr_mizqvoHgCt1r1n4hto6_r1_250.gif

Hej. there :icon_razz:

Someone just pissed me off,  and it's nice to have this happy place, with friendly people. I love you guys!!!

What is on his head?  Is this a miter...bua ha ha ha. :icon_lol:  :icon_lol:  :icon_lol:  I don't know what to say.... I love his sense of humor. Is this from Jimmy Kimmel show?

I just got choked with laughter... :icon_lol:

Edited by silverangelD

Hej. there :icon_razz:

Someone just pissed me off,  and it's nice to have this happy place, with friendly people. I love you guys!!!

What is on his head?  Is this a miter...bua ha ha ha. :icon_lol:  :icon_lol:  :icon_lol:  I don't know what to say.... I love his sense of humor. Is this from Jimmy Kimmel show?

I just got choked with laughter... :icon_lol:

Pope Jim of course.  LOL!

• Like 3

The first time I saw an interview with Jim, I almost couldn't believe it was the same person.  He looks so different when he's not in character. 

• Like 2

Stardust, Ruby - thanks for gif-ing Jim in his adorably funny best moments, from Kimmel. :)

There isn't a clip of his Pope appearance, is there? It's cracking me up.  :icon_lol:

Watched TPLE when it was on last night (well, was racing against a while trying to watch) and was reminded how much I love it when Amy is Sheldon's sidekick. Nobody else would have wanted to get involved with his antics repainting his name on the parking spot. It seems perfectly reasonable to her, whereas it wouldn't to anyone else.

That was definitely one of their moments of quirky unspoken bonding. Sheldon just assumed that she would get him and support him in his madcap endeavor, and she did. And fought with a girl friend on his behalf. :)

Stardust, Ruby - thanks for gif-ing Jim in his adorably funny best moments, from Kimmel. :)

There isn't a clip of his Pope appearance, is there? It's cracking me up.  :icon_lol:

That was definitely one of their moments of quirky unspoken bonding. Sheldon just assumed that she would get him and support him in his madcap endeavor, and she did. And fought with a girl friend on his behalf. :)

She was beside him and defended him in argument with Bernadette, and this argument was briliant: If we do made love Sheldon won't be thinking about his mother.. :icon_lol:

All this shows how strong her feelings are, and how she admires him. And I think that if they  had opposite situation when Amy would need Sheldon, he definetely will stand by her side. So strong trust to each other, belief in one another, and love. all this combined give us beautiful begin of Shamy sexy time

Edited by silverangelD

Shamy chat tonight, lessons learned:

1) Chloe + phone + autocorrect + chat = riot. 

2) The title of the ep that's taped next week is The Tenure Turbulence. There's been endless speculation about whether that might involve Amy, given the recent developments with her addiction study, and to what extent. Ideas of her being offered tenure somewhere else (possibly far away), and consequent Shamy implications, have come up. Discuss, people who missed out! 

• Like 5

Shamy chat tonight, lessons learned:

1) Chloe + phone + autocorrect + chat = riot. 

2) The title of the ep that's taped next week is The Tenure Turbulence. There's been endless speculation about whether that might involve Amy, given the recent developments with her addiction study, and to what extent. Ideas of her being offered tenure somewhere else (possibly far away), and consequent Shamy implications, have come up. Discuss, people who missed out! 

What? The Tenure Turbulence? It could be Amy or one of the guy's contracts at the UNI, but I so hope its Amy! 

My guesses:

1) It's Amy. (The one I'd prefer, we haven't had an Amy ep yet this season and it fits great in the current situation with her career, not to mention we're nearing the end of the season so lots of Shamy implications and possibilities maybe even for a cliffhanger).

2) It's Sheldon vs Leonard for a tenured position. (Although I would assume by now they'd both be tenured, and there's been a Sheldon vs Leonard ep already this year).

3) It's Raj. Or any combination of Raj/Leonard/Sheldon fighting over tenure.

Wow...how did you learn of the title?

I am excited of the prospects.  I am not sure if they would entertain her getting an offer far away, but it definitely sounds like it could be related to her and this could be what leads to the May sweeps/finale stuff?   I hope it isn't going to be a stressful thing (like she accepts a job in another state, etc.)  I hope it is more like that she and Sheldon work through it together and he helps her succeed at the next step.

It also could be one of the guys, I suppose (but didn't they have something about Sheldon in a previous season and tenure?).   I suspect it is her.  Now I am super excited about Tuesday's taping.

Vero found it on Spoiler TV. 

http://www.spoilertv.com/2013/03/the-big-bang-theory-episode-620-title.html

It's probably not going to be anything overly dramatic. BUT we have said in the past how Sheldon might need a kick in the butt to really come clean with her and it would be a perfect end of season mini-arc like Howard's space mission was last year. And it would be very fitting to coming full circle with the "You can't leave, I need you" theme from 6x01, just this time genuine. 

VERY speculative, but I would be very interested in both a purely Amy-career episode and a more drama-inducing Shamy ep. The title is intriguing, that's for sure.

• Like 2