The Shamy Thread! (Season 6 Edition-Spoilers)

Stardust, Ruby - thanks for gif-ing Jim in his adorably funny best moments, from Kimmel. :)

There isn't a clip of his Pope appearance, is there? It's cracking me up.  :icon_lol:

That was definitely one of their moments of quirky unspoken bonding. Sheldon just assumed that she would get him and support him in his madcap endeavor, and she did. And fought with a girl friend on his behalf. :)

I didn't see the Pope hat thing... :(

• Replies 11.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The Love Spell Potential Pictures (Just ones with Shamy in them)  

Before we bid adieu to this thread, I think we should take a moment to just gaze at how big this thread is. There are more posts in this thread than there are in Seasons 1-5 boards combined. This thre

I am dying here. What I would not give for a bone saw so I could cut your skulls open and get a good gander at how your brains work!   Only in Shamy shipper land could "Leonard gets a job offer over

Posted Images

Wow, the title is an interesting tidbit. Despite the recent hints about Amy's career, I think it is more likely to be Sheldon v Howard. Although there's been one recently, I could see the issue beneath the last fight coming up again. Howard already bragged that he is now a bigger deal at the university; he might be offered a promotion with tenure due to his jaunt to the ISS. Given Sheldon's recent setbacks with Kripke, it could be interesting to see how he might take the university shunning him again. Though, maybe that is too similar to the parking lot fight.

I think the Amy possibilities are very interesting but the scenario that she could move away might be a little too serious/dramatic. Frankly, maybe it's also a little too early (for Sheldon and the show) for a talk between Amy and Sheldon about their future together. Or do I not give Sheldon enough credit? That RA is a quasi-legal binding covenant after all.

Can someone without a PhD get tenure? I didn't think it was possible. The main reason why that title smelled immediately of Amy to me is because we've had no Amy-centered eps this season yet. Last year we had a couple already by this stage. 

As for the seriousness of the scenario, I agree it might be too soon. But then again, I also didn't think Sheldon was anywhere near as close to considering sex as he is. But I've been thinking for a while that being physicality the main issuer right now, there's an interesting undercurrent about the possibility of her considering going away, be it for a while or permanently, along the "what difference does it make if we have our relationship via Skype again" kind of lines. There's nothing better to getting Sheldon to realize that it's not the same anymore than contemplating her being gone. Especially with all the constant tidbits we are given on the show about how they are pretty much joined at the hip off screen. 

But again, yes, it might be too soon too... who knows, it's so hard to predict how much they're going to jump with these two. 

Edited by koops
  • Like 1

This is NOT a sweeps episode...so nothing major will happen. 

But Howard just had an episode and they already had Sheldon-Howard showdown. And they just had a Sheldon-Leonard fight. So unless its Sheldon-Raj, I feel Amy may be involved.

I forgot about no PhD Howard. I don't know about nowadays, or engineering, but I know there used to be academics without PhDs that had extensive leadership in research that were hired as professors at large universities. I would guess they had gone up for tenure like anyone else. My idea does sound kind of redundant from the parking lot fight now that I read it again.

I like the idea of her going away for the summer and Sheldon missing her terribly. I don't see Amy willing substituting their relationship for Skype for very long; it sucks. Considering a permanent move suggests to me she might have given up on their relationship. I think she'd be loathe to leave her girlfriends as well. The idea of her turning down an excellent opportunity without a serious talk about their future makes me sad.

Edited by bostrich

The episode that just was taped this past Tuesday was a bit of a Sheldon-Howard butting heads episode so I doubt it will be another one with the two of them, especially because they also had the parking lot one happen as well.

I think it isn't likely to be Sheldon/Howard focused, and not likely Sheldon/Leonard, which means it is either Sheldon/Raj or Sheldon/Amy.  My bet is the latter because it makes the most sense and it also would open up some interesting story.

• Like 1

Good evening!  I hate I missed the chat!  When I read a few comments here and all I saw was Amy...moving...I felt some panic! 

I hope the episode is about Amy, but has Leonard had a episode focused on him? Can't remember.  I hope it does not involve Sheldon and anymore setbacks for him at work.  I think that would be to much.  I would actually like something good happen for him on that front.

I agree that Amy would not want to leave her girl friends if offered another job in another state.  She has a social life and I don't see her giving that up.  Hopefully Amy is  not ready to give up on Sheldon...argh argh!!! I can't take the suspense....now will have a layer of nervousness to deal with until the next taping repot.

IF she were offered something elsewhere I'm not envisioning her being happy about it but more like having to consider it from a logical POV since it's her career. That doesn't mean it can't open up all sorts of interesting doors for Shamy. I think it'd probably just be a plot device for get Sheldon to open up.

eta: I also thing that with this not being a sweeps ep it probably won't lead to anything major but it could set it up for the last couple of eps. But in previous seasons we did get some pretty important happenings around the 20th ep: THGG, TAD. Although that was before Shamy became official and this popular, so I agree they'll probably save whatever for the end.

Anyway, after the initial excitement I realize it's a giant leap from a title, so I'll bring my expectations down and think that it's a Raj ep. I hope it's not a Sheldon ep because we've had a career Sheldon ep already and it wasn't positive for his work, I don't want him to go through "turbulence" at work again, especially because I can't be bother to put up with the rants that will follow. 

Edited by koops

IF she were offered something elsewhere I'm not envisioning her being happy about it but more like having to consider it from a logical POV since it's her career. That doesn't mean it can't open up all sorts of interesting doors for Shamy. I think it'd probably just be a plot device for get Sheldon to open up.

eta: I also thing that with this not being a sweeps ep it probably won't lead to anything major but it could set it up for the last couple of eps. But in previous seasons we did get some pretty important happenings around the 20th ep: THGG, TAD. Although that was before Shamy became official and this popular, so I agree they'll probably save whatever for the end.

Anyway, after the initial excitement I realize it's a giant leap from a title, so I'll bring my expectations down and think that it's a Raj ep. I hope it's not a Sheldon ep because we've had a career Sheldon ep already and it wasn't positive for his work, I don't want him to go through "turbulence" at work again, especially because I can't be bother to put up with the rants that will follow. 

There has been a good bit of Raj stuff lately so I'd be surprised if it's a Raj episode.  We haven't had a Leonard plot in a while, so my guess is it's Leonard.  A couple of people have suggested maybe two of the guys competing for tenure, but I don't see why they would have to compete for it.  You can't go by me though, because since I work at a university I think about it with too much realism.

True, it could be a Leonard ep. I think it's likely to be either him or Amy since they're the two who haven't had an ep about them yet, unless you count the whole Alex thing with Leonard. I kind of hope it's Amy though, regardless of Shamy implications, I really would like them to spend some time on her career rather than her as the gf/bestie, that's why I've been really happy recently that her sex jokes are gone and being replaced by monkey jokes. But I'd like them to do something more with her.

My head says its one of the guys, my heart hopes its Amy. 

Yes I would like that too.  I think it's Leonard, but my heart says that it could be Amy, though really I can not imagine that she had to give up her  besties and, of course, Sheldon. But I think that for him would be the kick,  about which we talked , and a longing for her will help him realize what he feels. And as for her  going away for the summer, I think her career is as important to her as Sheldon, and if this could be  difficult to reject  proposal in her career, and she would take the that opportunity,  we would certainly hear it: " you can't  leave, I need you," but this time it would have flowed from the heart. They must surely somehow finish this season and maybe it will be something like in the case of Howard, she leaves for a short time and  it will open the door  the next season.

Although something tells me that such a solution would be too obvious, so perhaps the writers fall into the idea, we didn't  came up.

I'm glad that she ended her sexual jokes, and great admiration for Penny, and now she is more confident and her face is so radiant shine. So I think that the rise of his career, even if she had to go, and thought  about that Sheldon  will miss her, it would be for something positive.

Edited by silverangelD
  • Like 1

There's no spoilers about her going away anywhere or being offered anything, that was just us wildly speculating in the chat. Just want to clarify in case anyone has been interpreting it as an actual realistic possibility. For all we know, if it is about Amy, it might simply be an amusing ep about "turbulence" within her current job. But, again, even IF the offer of a job somewhere else were to ever come up on the show I don't think it'd be anything serious, it'd probably just be a plot device. There's no way the writers will actually have her leave, we don't have anything to worry about.

I really want to see Sheldon miss her though at some point. Conference, visiting research abroad, lunar expedition, whatever. I like some Sheldon torture every once in a while :p

• Like 1

There's no spoilers about her going away anywhere or being offered anything, that was just us wildly speculating in the chat. Just want to clarify in case anyone has been interpreting it as an actual realistic possibility. For all we know, if it is about Amy, it might simply be an amusing ep about "turbulence" within her current job. But, again, even IF the offer of a job somewhere else were to ever come up on the show I don't think it'd be anything serious, it'd probably just be a plot device. There's no way the writers will actually have her leave, we don't have anything to worry about.

I really want to see Sheldon miss her though at some point. Conference, visiting research abroad, lunar expedition, whatever. I like some Sheldon torture every once in a while :p

I'd like to see all 3 ladies get out of dodge for a couple weeks. See how the boys do when Raj is the only one with a lady friend.

I think Raj will be an ass about it, don't you. A lot of manical laughing.

Edited by Chaliceinnana
  • Like 1

I'd like to see all 3 ladies get out of dodge for a couple weeks. See how the boys do when Raj is the only one with a lady friend.

And I have just the way to get them out of dodge.  It came up on another thread.  Amy and Penny go to pick up Bernadette at her lab to take her to lunch and while they're there, a vial of something like smallpox breaks.  All three girls are quarantined for several days.

Yes.. :icon_mrgreen:   For once it could be vice versa. Only Raj with Lucy and the other three were by themselves for some time. I wonder how they would survived without their loved ones, :icon_lol:  they would miss to ladies so much.

At the beginning,  cool, gaming in network all night, etc, and then nostalgia came to  them and  for some  of them that would be good. On the other hand, girls  also  longed to them

Another good way to Shamy kiss and hugs. :icon_redface:

Edited by silverangelD

Thanks for the details! As soon I heard the title, I hoped it would be about Amy. We've been recently talking of being due for an Amy-centered episode, preferably about her career. I'm not sure we can pre-empt the show to this extent, though. :)

Even if it is, I think it's unlikely to be about her getting an offer elsewhere; it's more likely to be about turbulence at her current position, probably related to her recent departure from the addiction study.

Thanks for the details! As soon I heard the title, I hoped it would be about Amy. We've been recently talking of being due for an Amy-centered episode, preferably about her career. I'm not sure we can pre-empt the show to this extent, though. :)

Even if it is, I think it's unlikely to be about her getting an offer elsewhere; it's more likely to be about turbulence at her current position, probably related to her recent departure from the addiction study.

:icon_razz:  Yes you're right. I know we only speculating there, and we can only talk about what we would like to see. I don't think that they will send her elsewhere , but I thought that it could be great push for Sheldon. I just hope that this episode will be about Amy. :)

Good discussion going on. All I would like to add is that it would be really interesting to see Amy going somewhere (working) over summer and Sheldon missing her desperately; him thus recognizing that Skyping with her isn't satisfying him anymore - he needs her precence, he needs her actually be part of his life. And before she is about to leave, he wants to touch her, hold her, squeeze her, (hopefully!) even kiss her, and confess something to her - all this in his own quirky, in-character way. And when she comes back, he is way too desperate (and hopefully passionate.. in his way) for her.  I hope the time she would be gone he could recognize his feelings for her even more clearly and process the idea of physical relationship... And things could move on there from hand holding to something else. Yes, I would like to see that his "I'm quite fond of Amy" turns into burning passion for her. :wub: And yet all this, in his quirky and awkward way. I would love to see that passion expressed; how he would do that for her. But his passion for her would start to burn in his heart so much that he can't handle it anymore, so he has to express it to her in some way. :wub:

• Like 7

Good discussion going on. All I would like to add is that it would be really interesting to see Amy going somewhere (working) over summer and Sheldon missing her desperately; him thus recognizing that Skyping with her isn't satisfying him anymore - he needs her precence, he needs her actually be part of his life. And before she is about to leave, he wants to touch her, hold her, squeeze her, (hopefully!) even kiss her, and confess something to her - all this in his own quirky, in-character way. And when she comes back, he is way too desperate (and hopefully passionate.. in his way) for her.  I hope the time she would be gone he could recognize his feelings for her even more clearly and process the idea of physical relationship... And things could move on there from hand holding to something else. Yes, I would like to see that his "I'm quite fond of Amy" turns into burning passion for her. :wub: And yet all this, in his quirky and awkward way. I would love to see that passion expressed; how he would do that for her. But his passion for her would start to burn in his heart so much that he can't handle it anymore, so he has to express it to her in some way. :wub:

Oh sweetie I read first 2 sentences and I really can say that you're reading my mind. I was thinking the same thing. I really want him to missed her, desperately,  I really want that he desired to touch her, :wub:  while she's  gone for some time. I know that he loves her but he needs a kick like that to find in himself a courage to confess to her such beautiful feeling on which she's waiting for. I don't know if he will be opsessed about her, but for the lack of her at his side would be something groundbreaking, and I think that he really could have  problems with himself, until she returns. Because she is with him when he needs her, he can always count on her, is the mind  and soul connection  between them,   and I think that something like this would have helped him open  for connection of hearts. :wub:

I know that we only speculating, but no matter what it could be, he needs the real push, and hard kick, to realize what he feels, to admit it to himself that he needs to tell her I love you, and I want you so bad. He needs this,  that his phobias and quirks did not matter any more. She is so sweet and she deserved it.

Edited by silverangelD
  • Like 1

I like the way you think, Catlina. ;) In my daydreams this is exactly what would happen. Sheldon needs something big - like distance/time apart - to propel him forward. I honestly believe there's a very good chance that the writers will go this route.

We can only wish! It would be such a perfect scenario, I don't care if the fact that we can think of it ourselves makes it too predictable. It doesn't make it any less perfect.

Like you said koops it's a perfect scenario for a perfect love of perfect people. And like Retroluv said it could be real. And nothing else comes to mind, to do such great breakthru for Sheldon. Because I don't think she could break up with him, or maybe he could go  away for some time, but why, for what reason, because of career opportunity I don't think so. So her disappear for a while is the only way.

Maybe you have any ideas?

Edited by silverangelD