The Shamy Thread! (Season 6 Edition-Spoilers)

Summer project, like we said many times. I don't think it needs to be any drama in the sense of her considering leaving for good for Sheldon to man up, all he needs is to be apart from her for like two weeks and I think he'd already start climbing the walls. Keep her away for a summer and I bet she'd come back to a very different Sheldon. 

• Like 1

• Replies 11.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The Love Spell Potential Pictures (Just ones with Shamy in them)  

Before we bid adieu to this thread, I think we should take a moment to just gaze at how big this thread is. There are more posts in this thread than there are in Seasons 1-5 boards combined. This thre

I am dying here. What I would not give for a bone saw so I could cut your skulls open and get a good gander at how your brains work!   Only in Shamy shipper land could "Leonard gets a job offer over

Posted Images

I was thinking the same thing. Not for long but two weeks could be enough. But for him two weeks it could be something big not drama but real challenge, and it could give so many hilarious situations.

Seriously imagine that. She's very important part of his life. And his life is so planned, and so predictable, that her absence  will move his world from the the security framework. Like it happened in TWT when he couldn't cut his hair. he said that a world is chaos and his life is an oyster so anything can happen.

Edited by silverangelD

I would like this:

Amy really goes away for the summer. Last episode of S6, and it is time to say good buy. He brings her to the airport, trainstation or whatever and is totally desperate about letting her go for so long. Afraid of loosing her, admitting that he will miss her, total panic. And then, when they say good buy, he finally kisses her! That would be soooo romantic! And she leaves happily ever after.....    thru the hiatus.

• Like 7

I would like this:

Amy really goes away for the summer. Last episode of S6, and it is time to say good buy. He brings her to the airport, trainstation or whatever and is totally desperate about letting her go for so long. Afraid of loosing her, admitting that he will miss her, total panic. And then, when they say good buy, he finally kisses her! That would be soooo romantic! And she leaves happily ever after.....    thru the hiatus.

Yeah it would be something wonderful for her, new start in her career, new start in her relationship with Sheldon, new, romantic and full of love kiss, and when she comes back, new experiences with Sheldon would waiting for her. She could explore new sensual way with Sheldon filled with new feelings.

And it  could be fascinating :icon_redface:

• Like 1

Then about two weeks later at the most Sheldon can't stand it anymore buys a ticket and shows up at her door. 

Amy:  "Sheldon what are you doing here?

Sheldon:  "AMY! You didn't answer any of my electronic communications....Leonard had to beg me not to call FBI to put out a nationwide search!" 

Then they hug/kiss again and spend rest of summer together somewhere exotic like a South American jungle full of monkeys. lol

Edited by Superlovelexi
  • Like 3

Or he couuld get all bratty about her going, refusing to say good bye. Then he'll show up in the seat next to her having purchased his own insanely priced last minute ticket (Unless Penny starts working as the Priceline negotiator commercial girl on the show as well ;) ). She asks what he is doing there, he replies that the thought of her being away for 3 months is repugnant.

• Like 2

I love the idea of a goodbye kiss/emotional moment between them, before Amy leaves for a project or something over the summer. (That would be perfectly plausible - researchers do keep visiting outside for workshops and projects). 

It would be a little reminiscent of the season 2 finale between Leonard/Penny; but then, that is my favorite L/P moment ever and I'm not even a real shipper.. so I can imagine what Sheldon and Amy going through a similar moment would do to me. :blush:

I like the idea of Amy going away for the summer, but I don't think it's the only impetus they could find for Sheldon to express his feelings physically or verbally.  I keep thinking he might be inspired by Raj's progress in overcoming his problem.

Or he couuld get all bratty about her going, refusing to say good bye. Then he'll show up in the seat next to her having purchased his own insanely priced last minute ticket (Unless Penny starts working as the Priceline negotiator commercial girl on the show as well ;) ). She asks what he is doing there, he replies that the thought of her being away for 3 months is repugnant.

Or he could  stay at home longing for her insanely. he wouldn't  care for his spot, he wouldn't care for his daily habits, and  he would  spend most of the time locked in a room until  Leonard and Penny  come to him to ask what happened and  after long persuasion  he lets Penny enter into his room, and would say that  he's in  love with  Amy and that he can't  stand it,  and the fact that she's gone is unacceptable, and that he was going to buy a ticket on a plane to go to her, so Penny  together with Leonard  helps him in  everything, that he could go to Amy. And when he  already stands in her door,  She ask him: What are you doing here? And he said nothing, he takes her in his arms,  he kisses  her firmly and lovingly, hugs her, and she already knows why he came :icon_razz::icon_redface: .

Edited by silverangelD
  • Like 1

Or he could  stay at home longing for her insanely. he wouldn't  care for his spot, he wouldn't care for his daily habits, and  he would  spend most of the time locked in a room until  Leonard and Penny  come to him to ask what happened and he after long persuasion  let Penny into his room, and would say that  he's in  love with  Amy and  this is impossible to abolish, the fact that she's gone is unacceptable, and that he was going to buy a ticket on a plane to go to her, so Penny  together with Leonard  helps him in everything, that he could go to Amy. And when he  already stands   in her door,  She ask him: What are you doing here? And he said nothing but take her in his arms and kisses firmly and lovingly, hugs her, and she already knows why he came.

I think he might be so unbearable to be around that the other guys would beg him to go.  He would show up at her door trying not to act like he's there because he missed her.  She, of course, would see right through it.

• Like 3

Hello everyone! My name is Andrea and I'm new here :) I am a HUGE Shamy fan and I look forward to talking to all of you!

I just wanted to join the chorus and say I am really, really loving this idea of Amy perhaps going away for a summer project and this getting Sheldon to wake up and start realizing how much he truly needs her in his life.

P.S.

I know this may sound weird, BUT here I go lol...I found it crazy how much I agree with virtually everything you say koops, so be on the look out for a lot of me agreeing with you ;)

Looks like the Shamy fans are out partying tonight.  :icon_cool:

Here's some conversation fodder:  when we finally get to see Sheldon's mother again (I miss her this season) what will she have to say about the changes in her son, particularly regarding Amy?  Will her presence have any impact on their relationship?

I think Mary will see Sheldon has grown up and become much more of a man.  I think she will appreciate the changes and will know it was Amy who brought them on.   I honestly think she wants Sheldon happy and married (giving her grandbabies), so she will be in favor of doing whatever she can to enable to that to happen.

• Like 3

I think Mary will be happy with her Shelly growing up. I wonder how Sheldon will react seeing Amy and his mom together. Will he realize he's less dependent on his mom, or will it just seem so natural to him now that he'll think nothing of it?

In their attempts to keep Sheldon "Sheldon", I can totally see TPTB making him the last of the characters to recognize and/or acknowledge the impact of the separation. We will see through his transparent actions and the reactions of his friends how deeply it affects him. Then, perhaps, he will begrudgingly reveal his feelings to Amy, and she will realize how much he truly cares for her. Then she initiates something physical - a kiss? - and he wholeheartedly returns it. As much as it would make my heart turn to jelly, I don't see Sheldon racing through the airport and kissing her to a crescendo of audience "woooo!"'s before the credits roll. But then again, I tend to be cautious with my expectations of this show.

• Like 1

As much as many of the above scenarios sound wonderful, I don't see them happening mainly because they don't seem to do "serial" type of shows that often (yes, I know they have done a few, but not often) and also because it would be a little on the "angsty" side instead of comedic which is what the show is all about.  I am looking forward to the taping report on Tuesday night to see where they may be going and who will be involved in that episode.   That will perhaps give us a clue.

• Like 1

Serial in what sense? They're doing min-arcs now. And Howard's space mission was a mini-arc too. 

Also, they use stereotypical scenarios sometimes but give them their own twists (i.e. the Cooper/Kripke inversion). I also don't think they'll have Sheldon racing through an airport declaring endless love but they could very well turn it into something hilarious because I could totally see him panic and be torn and cause all sorts of trouble maybe even with security. lol. 

As for Mary, like I said, I think Sheldon & Amy are so settled into their dynamic right now (hence all the hints of domesticity) that Sheldon probably wouldn't even think there's anything different to him. Also because I think he'd be the last one to admit he's changed. But his mother would see right through that, and I'm curious to see what would happen when she realizes how much of her care-and-comfort role Amy has taken over now. One scenario I was imagining is if she suddenly shows up in Pasadena being worried because she's stopped receiving emergency calls about Sheldon and Sheldon nonchalantly mentions Amy's now his EC. 

• Like 5

It'd be cute to see Mary give Amy some more tips to get her man's heart. Also if this tenure thing is about Amy, perhaps she would be competing with another top neurobiologist at her university, and her and Sheldon start scheming ways to get Amy to come out on top.

Oh, by the way, if anyone at all fancies asking me some random questions, I'm doing that hotseat thingy ma bob :)

Also, they use stereotypical scenarios sometimes but give them their own twists (i.e. the Cooper/Kripke inversion). I also don't think they'll have Sheldon racing through an airport declaring endless love but they could very well turn it into something hilarious because I could totally see him panic and be torn and cause all sorts of trouble maybe even with security. lol.

Oh, I'm sure they could find a way to make it simultaneously funny and touching, like indeed their first kiss and first hug were. Sheldon might characteristically freak out if he misses her, and be unwilling to admit it. And an airport scene could be hilarious.

I'm loving this speculation, though let's keep in mind that there isn't any canon hint of Amy going anywhere just yet. :p

Regarding Sheldon's mother - I'm very eager to see her meet Amy now. I'm sure she'll be delighted with whatever is going on - after all she was the one who kept them together, very early on. I'm wondering if she would still have to continue with applying reverse psychology, or whether Sheldon would be happy to know that she approves of their relationship, in this changed situation. Also, Amy might not find being cast as the bad girl titillating any longer. ;)

• Like 2

I think it would be interesting for Mary Cooper and AFF to spend time together, partly because they have such different approaches to dealing with Sheldon.  Mary manipulates him while Amy is more direct.  I wonder if Mary might try to teach Amy how to handle him but then realize Amy's approach is better.  Amy is the only one who really treats Sheldon like a grown-up and I wouldn't want that to change.  She's his partner and she should treat him like an equal.

• Like 3

Oh, I'm sure they could find a way to make it simultaneously funny and touching, like indeed their first kiss and first hug were. Sheldon might characteristically freak out if he misses her, and be unwilling to admit it. And an airport scene could be hilarious.

I'm loving this speculation, though let's keep in mind that there isn't any canon hint of Amy going anywhere just yet. :p

Regarding Sheldon's mother - I'm very eager to see her meet Amy now. I'm sure she'll be delighted with whatever is going on - after all she was the one who kept them together, very early on. I'm wondering if she would still have to continue with applying reverse psychology, or whether Sheldon would be happy to know that she approves of their relationship, in this changed situation. Also, Amy might not find being cast as the bad girl titillating any longer. ;)

Yes, we get very carried away with this speculation. :p I think next ep is probably nothing, but the plot bunnies run like the wind. haha.

Re: Sheldon's mother, I totally agree with both you and Teneal! I just rewatched Zazzy last night and I was thinking that Amy would probably be nervous for approval at this stage. Whereas I can see Sheldon wondering what the hell she's nervous about. And...

I think it would be interesting for Mary Cooper and AFF to spend time together, partly because they have such different approaches to dealing with Sheldon.  Mary manipulates him while Amy is more direct.  I wonder if Mary might try to teach Amy how to handle him but then realize Amy's approach is better.  Amy is the only one who really treats Sheldon like a grown-up and I wouldn't want that to change.  She's his partner and she should treat him like an equal.

ITA! I would much rather it turned out that Amy's approach now works better and is a sign of him growing up. That she now knows how to handle him better. It would be interesting for Amy to think she needs his mother's help only to find out he responds much better to her now. And, again, Amy having to rely on other people to handle Sheldon imo defeats the purpose of her character being the one who's so like him that she just knows how to handle him in a different way from how everyone else, especially his mother, Leonard and Penny, handles him.

• Like 3

Any scenario that we have imagined, whatever happens, we know that he needs a strong incentive.
I do not see him suddenly professing great love, even on the contrary, he will deny it, even if everyone will know what he feels like, because they have more experience than him, and sometimes is hard to hide the feelings.
I'm sure this is possible that he could fall into a panic, and the scene at the airport would be hilarious. And it would be interesting if he was arrested by the security and Leonard and guys would have to come after him.
We can only imagine what we want to see. But I think it's sweet, and I love it when we shipping Shamy. I love our speculations. :icon_cheesygrin:

As for Sheldon's mother I agree with you, and I'm thinking that when she will see how he has changed, she will be the first person who will know that he loves Amy, and how she is important to him. Because she knows him very well. Thanks to Amy, he changes and behaves like an adult because she treats him as a partner, as a friend and a good counselor. I think when Mary will see how Amy handles with him, Mary will not have anything to advise her, because she will know that with love and patience, Amy slowly comes to the purpose, and her advice is useless because he loves her too, but he has to come to this himself, as Mary said, men will do exactly opposite to what we asked them to do, so that any persuasion on her part were rejected.

Edited by silverangelD

I just don't buy it that Sheldon is in denial about his feelings. I think he has massive issues expressing them because of his phobias and his pride, but I don't think he needs people to tell him what he feels. To me that was pretty clear when he was talking to Penny and Leonard about it. Most envisioned scenarios usually have Penny and/or Leonard and/or his mother have to spell things out for him but in that scene he was the one who explained the situation to them, calmly and clearly, as if he had it all figured out in his head already. To me that was a massive sign of maturity. Not to mention when he concisely explained in one sentence to L/P why he didn't want Amy to move in with him or the fact that he just knew what would be a meaningful gift for V-day. I think he's been hit with the metaphorical frying pan between the end of last season and the first half of this season, that's when he figured it out. But he still has issues expressing it to her, that's why he was panicking when she was all set to move in, I think he's terrified she will leave him if he makes a wrong move so as much as he might be "working on it" in his head, reality is very different. 

eta: If you think about it, it's no different from how he handles his feelings of friendship: he cares about his friends but just can't bring himself to appreciate them unless under extreme circumstances (Howard's launch, saving Leonard's life or telling Penny not to hurt him). Like I was saying in the Penny/Sheldon friendship thread, part of his growth is to learn to show people when he appreciates them and the last ep about Penny I thought was a lot about that. It's not that he didn't appreciate her help, he just can't bring himself to say it unless Amy tells him to.

Edited by koops
  • Like 2

What I  meant was that if he denied it, it's because he knows that his feelings  isn't a totality sorted out, and he fears them a little bit. No one needs to say to him  what he feels, but can he  admit it in front of himself.  Even if he wouldn't deny it, he certainly will not admit to it right away because it would be untrue. Someone who rejected the love and physicality certainly will have difficulty to admit  what he feels,  though he knows exactly how he feels.

Edited by silverangelD
  • Like 1