The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
MJistheBOMB

The Shamy Thread! (Season 6 Edition-Spoilers)

I agree that it doesn't seem like Sheldon is in denial at this point, at least not to himself. He's openly told Penny and Leonard that he's fond of Amy, that he's aware he has issues with touch, and that he's consciously working on it so that he can reach a point of accepting intimacy with Amy some day. (And every time I remember that Sheldon said these things I kind of explode internally, like Penny.. it's huge). So while he may still be mostly chary of expressing his 'hippy-dippy feelings', I think he knows quite well that he has those feelings for Amy, at some level - even if he doesn't quite fathom their depth and the extent of influence they have on him.

• Like 4

I agree that it doesn't seem like Sheldon is in denial at this point, at least not to himself. He's openly told Penny and Leonard that he's fond of Amy, that he's aware he has issues with touch, and that he's consciously working on it so that he can reach a point of accepting intimacy with Amy some day. (And every time I remember that Sheldon said these things I kind of explode internally, like Penny.. it's huge). So while he may still be mostly chary of expressing his 'hippy-dippy feelings', I think he knows quite well that he has those feelings for Amy, at some level - even if he doesn't quite fathom their depth and the extent of influence they have on him.

Yes I agree with you. He doesn't seems to realize how strong influence this feelings have on him,

And yes probably he wont be denial, but given that we are talking about a love, and sex,  I don't think that he will be so fast with declarations, that he loves her, and even if he working on it (sex and touch) it will be difficult for him to admit that the lower-order needs like sex attracts him, because he claimed that he is more than that.

Everything he does for her is a huge step forward for him. It's a real big thing that he wants to touch her when she is sick, his doing for her so many things, that he normaly wouldn't  do for others. That's a big proof of love, and now he shows his feelings that way, and that is beautiful.

Yes, we get very carried away with this speculation. :p I think next ep is probably nothing, but the plot bunnies run like the wind. haha.

Re: Sheldon's mother, I totally agree with both you and Teneal! I just rewatched Zazzy last night and I was thinking that Amy would probably be nervous for approval at this stage. Whereas I can see Sheldon wondering what the hell she's nervous about. And...

ITA! I would much rather it turned out that Amy's approach now works better and is a sign of him growing up. That she now knows how to handle him better. It would be interesting for Amy to think she needs his mother's help only to find out he responds much better to her now. And, again, Amy having to rely on other people to handle Sheldon imo defeats the purpose of her character being the one who's so like him that she just knows how to handle him in a different way from how everyone else, especially his mother, Leonard and Penny, handles him.

I've always appreciated the way Amy is the only one who really respects Sheldon.  She tries to make him happy and when she needs something from him, she lets him know it.  She holds him to a grown-up standard without ever condescending, and he responds to it.

• Like 3

Speaking of Mary - what do you think that, if she would come to visit and spend some time with Sheldon and Amy - would she bring up the subject of intercourse belonging to a marriage? She did ask Leonard in Zazzy Substitution "did they sin"? (referring did they have intercourse). Penny said in 04x01 that Mary is a deeply religious born-again Christian. So I wonder if she would bring that topic in conversation with them. Of course - it isn't her business - but I still wonder would she bring up her opinion about it. And if not about sex, would she bring up the subject of commitment/engagement, if Sheldon and Amy had future plans for such. But thinking about this, it feels she would be preaching to a wrong couple - since they are fully and truly "engaged" to each other, though not yet in a way with rings and so on.
However in any case, I think that Mary is, deeply in her heart, unspeakably happy for Sheldon finally having the woman and the true love of his life, even more so now that they are in an established relationship (does she know about the RA?  ;)"Binding covenant" in Sheldon's words! :icon_cheesygrin:). I think she would definitely notice some progression in her son and be really happy about it. So I feel that maybe she wouldn't want to interfere their relationship too much with questions and would more likely to keep out of  things that doesn't belong to her - like the level of intimacy in their relationship.

• Like 1

I've always appreciated the way Amy is the only one who really respects Sheldon.  She tries to make him happy and when she needs something from him, she lets him know it.  She holds him to a grown-up standard without ever condescending, and he responds to it.

I agree, she is mostly very mature and straightforward with him, and that really works with him because that's a language he understands. She hasn't been infallible, though - just a couple of times, out of pure annoyance she tried sarcasm on him (Weekend Vortex, Habitation Configuration) and failed to connect. I'm sure she's working through getting the dynamics right, in her own way - this is her first relationship, too, after all.

Speaking of Mary - what do you think that, if she would come to visit and spend some time with Sheldon and Amy - would she bring up the subject of intercourse belonging to a marriage? She did ask Leonard in Zazzy Substitution "did they sin"? (referring did they have intercourse). Penny said in 04x01 that Mary is a deeply religious born-again Christian. So I wonder if she would bring that topic in conversation with them. Of course - it isn't her business - but I still wonder would she bring up her opinion about it. And if not about sex, would she bring up the subject of commitment/engagement, if Sheldon and Amy had future plans for such. But thinking about this, it feels she would be preaching to a wrong couple - since they are fully and truly "engaged" to each other, though not yet in a way with rings and so on.

However in any case, I think that Mary is, deeply in her heart, unspeakably happy for Sheldon finally having the woman and the true love of his life, even more so now that they are in an established relationship (does she know about the RA?  ;)"Binding covenant" in Sheldon's words! :icon_cheesygrin:). I think she would definitely notice some progression in her son and be really happy about it. So I feel that maybe she wouldn't want to interfere their relationship too much with questions and would more likely to keep out of  things that doesn't belong to her - like the level of intimacy in their relationship.

She never really struck me as a woman that interferes when not needed. She seems to intervene when she has to fix things or to handle Sheldon, but she doesn't seem the type to meddle. Even when she came to town in S5 she was just genuinely asking Sheldon about Amy out of curiosity. She was wondering what was up with that like everyone else was probably, especially because from the episode it didn't seem like he talks much about his relationship with Amy at all to her. It was mentioned before how she was the only one who didn't see his mother during that visit and the only one his mother didn't seem to be updated on. He's super reserved about it. 

I think she'd probably just thank the Lord that her son is human after all, to be honest. :p

I think MC is probably very pleased and will gently press him for whether he loves Amy and if he thinks they'll get married someday.  She might also bring up the physical part of the relationship, but wondering why she doesn't see Sheldon holding Amy's hand or putting an arm around her when they're together.  She could help him find the courage to reach for Amy for the first time since the rocket launch if it hasn't happened yet.

Edited by tmp

I'm really excited to see what the writers come up with re: Shamy for the rest of the season. They continue to surprise me. As much as I'd like any of our scenarios to appear on screen, I'm also wanting to be surprised in some way. So, TBBT writers, work your magic!

• Like 1

In this week's taping I'm just hoping they have a scene together, however brief.  Have you guys noticed since "It's a possibility" they've had at least some interaction every episode?  It may not be intentional, or the writers may be trying to show S/A getting closer.

• Like 1

I hadn't noticed, but that's true. I also really enjoyed that in the last Skype session they were so familiar with each other's daily off-screen lives - when Sheldon asked about the end of her experiment (as if they'd talked about it often), her saying "oh, that's right" when he mentioned the latest FWF episode. Their intimacy is growing, even in subtle ways.

Edited by shamylove

To those who got the chance to see the episode that is airing this week when you went to the taping, how did Amy look dressed up as Snow White? I'm a big fan of Snow White, and obv Amy too...so I want to know how they did :D Thanks!

So quiet tonight. Oh well...approximately 48 hours until we we can talk about "The Tenure Turbulance!" :D

In this week's taping I'm just hoping they have a scene together, however brief.  Have you guys noticed since "It's a possibility" they've had at least some interaction every episode?  It may not be intentional, or the writers may be trying to show S/A getting closer.

Yes I noticed that too. Especially  in this two episodes: V-day and  that skype session in last episode. It were very intimate moments. They're coming closer and closer to each other. It's like writers would try to build a strongest  connection between them, like they would try to show us that Shamy feelings are getting deeper. They try to show us that there' s no need to use words, everything is in the eyes, and in the body language, in all actions between them and for each other.

That's why they are so special, and I think that their feelings are strongest than feelings between other couples. :icon_redface::wub:

It's so beautiful and sweet. :wub: :wub:

I can't wait for taping in this week. :) :D

Edited by silverangelD
  • Like 1

I do wonder whether the nearest we will get to a declaration of "love" this season was the ermergency contact thing, i of course would love to be surprised at whatever may come up in the next few episodes

Good morning Sharmy.

I hate weekends, everything is so quiet. lol.

Looking forward to the week, 1 taping + 1 ep! 

Re: what's in store for the rest of the season, I don't care what it is but something'd better be coming. Amy deserves it. 

• Like 4

Good morning koops! :) :)

Yes I agree, I don't care what will happened for others, but I hope that will be something special for Amy. From Sheldon's side( maybe writers will surprise us with some sweet and spicy twist, Oh I would love that ) :D  ;)  and form her career.

Morning guys!! :)

I have faith the writers will give us some special Shamy moment! It only makes sense given what they have been focusing on this season!! :)

Good Morning everyone just here to post this

Funny aren't they? (especially Sheldon with a hippy wig :icon_razz: )

8503725637_9498811c54_z.jpg

• Like 1

Did you guys see the outfit Simon was wearing that day?  :icon_eek:

• Like 1

Jim and Mayim just seem like the perfect gay gentleman/straight lady super couple.

• Like 1

I think Jim is really addicted to his smartphone. There are so many pictures with him holding on to it :icon_cheesygrin:. He seems worse than me, if possible...........