The Shamy Thread! (Season 6 Edition-Spoilers)

Yep, I meant more like bed scenes like we have already seen with Leonard & Penny / Bernadette & Howard or even Leonard & Priya season 4. I don't know would it be anything like that with Sheldon though...!  I didn't mean anything radical or revealing, in show's style of course, but I wondered if even those kind of scenes are possible for Mayim, I really hope they are, hopefully I'm worrying for nothing. ;)

Well she did already say that's going to be her favorite episode, so I think she can't wait either LOL :p

Plus, if she was ok with the spanking scene I don't think any of those scenes, even assuming they go to the extent of a L/P type of scene, would be a problem. I think it's a dress-code thing more than anything. 

Right, I'm going to bed. One more day before the next taping report! woot woot.

Edited by koops
  • Like 2

• Replies 11.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The Love Spell Potential Pictures (Just ones with Shamy in them)  

Before we bid adieu to this thread, I think we should take a moment to just gaze at how big this thread is. There are more posts in this thread than there are in Seasons 1-5 boards combined. This thre

I am dying here. What I would not give for a bone saw so I could cut your skulls open and get a good gander at how your brains work!   Only in Shamy shipper land could "Leonard gets a job offer over

Posted Images

It's also a busy time of year for anyone in academia.  This is an awfully tempting tool of procrastination.  I tell myself I'll just check in for a quick minute before starting work or to give myself a short break.

I know, right? It actually needs quite a bit of self-control not to spend hours here, and remind myself that I have a project to wind up and a job talk to prepare for and a conf trip coming up.  :icon_rolleyes:  But short periods of checking in actually work wonders because this place is awesome and takes away the stress.

I do believe they're not planning to show anything X-rated with Sheldon and Amy :p and Mayim seems pretty reassured that she won't have to do anything awkward or offensive for her. So I don't think they envisage a problem. She seems as eager for the step forward as we are!

• Like 1

I'm new here so sorry if thas been brought up before. But how do you guys feel about TBBT doing a parellel universe episode?

I've seen it mentioned by quite a few of the Shenny & Lamy shippers because they want to see their ships actually play out on screen. I can't decide what I think. I feel that once Shamy is in a very solid, serious place then it could happen. They'd give those Shenny fans what they want obv, fine ok. BUT I'd only be happy if they showed that the Shamy connected even still in this parallel universe. I think if the creators don't feel like it doesn't matter what universe the Shamy is in that they would fall in love, then they shouldn't do it. It'd be too risky. Thoughts?

OK heres something to do Shamy wise

Name your top three favorite Shamy moments

1) for me will always be the rumour conversation, was really fun to watch and probably the 1st proper eye coitus moment even if they both looked very shy/bashful

2) The Valentines episode, the conversation was very grown up for them and massive progress

3) Isolation permatation - the cuddle was hysterical

Just 3, huh?  In no particular order:

1.  Somebody said TLA was when Amy picked the lock to Sheldon's heart, and I think that's absolutely right, so that's on there.  The "uh-oh" accompanies my favorite Sheldon facial expression of just about the entire series.

2.  Sheldon picked the lock to Amy's heart (IMO) with the tiara, so I gotta pick that too.  Such a great piece of acting on Mayim's part, the vulnerability in Sheldon in that scene, and fairy godmother Penny looking on all make it a great scene.

3.  So incredibly hard to pick just one more, but I'll pick the most recent Skype session.  Sheldon seemed to contact her for no particular reason other than he just wanted to talk to her.  It reflected a closeness, we got to see more of their mutual quirkiness when they both were similarly impressed with the body language thing, and Amy with the off-screen monkeys was awesome.  (#3 is tied with the entire episodes TIP, HGG, TFSA, TFGD, and TCKI.  Cheating the 3-only rule?  I don't care.  :icon_twisted: )

• Like 1

Hi everybody 

I'm new on the forum and I want to tell you that I'm a big shamy fan

so this is my top three shamy moments ( in no particular order)

1. The tiara scene for all the reasons mentioned earlier (5x12)

2. The spider man quote (6x01)

3. the scene in amy's kitchen when she makes him his favorite meal (5x23)

Honorable Mention: The answering machine message

Btw I want to tell you that english is not my first language so I'm sorry for any errors that I can do

• Like 3

Hi everybody 

I'm new on the forum and I want to tell you that I'm a big shamy fan

so this is my top three shamy moments ( in no particular order)

1. The tiara scene for all the reasons mentioned earlier (5x12)

2. The spider man quote (6x01)

3. the scene in amy's kitchen when she makes him his favorite meal (5x23)

Honorable Mention: The answering machine message

Btw I want to tell you that english is not my first language so I'm sorry for any errors that I can do

Welcome!  Your English is better than a lot of native speakers I know.  :)

I have been hopping on and off, trying to pack for move...argh,

Ok.  Three favorites of the Shamy....that is hard.  I agree with the poster(I don't remember who) who said almost all of their moments are golden! 

1)Of course, "Amy will you be my girlfriend?" One of my all time favorite Sheldon lines.

2) When Sheldon comes along on girls night out and Amy tells Sheldon(after smelling talc on him) "You're like a sexy toddler",  Sheldon in response says, "I don't know how to respond to that" Hilarious to me.

3) I'll have to cheat a little here...ALL of their little petty arguments! 

-comic book store and Amy tells Sheldon it's Lamo, and he then in turn says, "you play the harp, like that's cool"

-Amy calling the act of Kolvar(or whatever) cheap science fiction, Sheldon's response is hilarious

-Sheldon's vacation in Amy's lab.

-and of course the disagreement that led to the "termination" of their friendship in the Zazzy episode

And 1 more, I promise.....When Sheldon tries to persuade Amy to tell Penny to get rid of the chair...He says..

Sheldon:  "Name your price"

Amy: Kiss me where I never been kissed before"

Sheldon:  "Where, what. like Salt Lake City?"

Amy:  "Nevermind"

Hahahah I,love that scene between the two of them!  Amy knows how to pick her battles!

So glad you can join us! Welcome. IMO, Amy looked very beautiful. She had on a cute red headband and her hair was curled and she had no glasses on and her make up was done all pretty with red lips.

Aww, sounds adorable! Sheldon shame on you for not kissing  Snow White!  Hahaha

Edited by ShamyFTW
  • Like 1

Ok, so this is a bit random, but I just wanted to share a happy Shamy-related thought:

Because of Sheldon's admission that "it's a possibility," I no longer have to feel sympathy or a sense of foreboding when Amy talks dreamily about her future with Sheldon. I have to admit, even though I am a devoted Shamy shipper, I had a hard time believing that the physical intimacy Amy longs for would or could ever be a real possibility. I hoped for it, but I just didn't see any clear signs that they were headed in this direction. Now, that's all changed. In this post 6.14-context, her statements re the inevitability of marriage and "making love" are no longer sad. Amy has had such courageous faith in this relationship, and it thrills me that it is going to pay off for her. I can't imagine TPTB backing away from this "possibility" now that they've made the bold (albeit unexpected) step in that direction.

• Like 5

Aww, sounds adorable! Sheldon shame on you for not kissing  Snow White!  Hahaha

I tell you, it would have been the perfect moment for him to surprise her since her eyes were closed. He could have got up from his chair, walked over to her, kneel down beside her and plant one on her lips. *sigh* LOL. The writers better plan the most AMAZING Shamy moment to make up for it. LOL.

• Like 6

Ok, so this is a bit random, but I just wanted to share a happy Shamy-related thought:

Because of Sheldon's admission that "it's a possibility," I no longer have to feel sympathy or a sense of foreboding when Amy talks dreamily about her future with Sheldon. I have to admit, even though I am a devoted Shamy shipper, I had a hard time believing that the physical intimacy Amy longs for would or could ever be a real possibility. I hoped for it, but I just didn't see any clear signs that they were headed in this direction. Now, that's all changed. In this post 6.14-context, her statements re the inevitability of marriage and "making love" are no longer sad. Amy has had such courageous faith in this relationship, and it thrills me that it is going to pay off for her. I can't imagine TPTB backing away from this "possibility" now that they've made the bold (albeit unexpected) step in that direction.

So true. I can't say I ever felt that they would NEVER go in that direction but at the same time I wasn't so sure if they would. I was on the fence only because of how slowly TPTB are going with this relationship. So, when I first heard Sheldon say, "It's a possibility" when I was at the taping, let's just say it's a good thing the microphones didn't pick up my voice saying, "Holy shit." LOL!!! and THAT was the second take. Hahaha.

But yes, it does feel good that all the effort Amy has put into the relationship will pay off for her. She deserves all the best.

• Like 2

I tell you, it would have been the perfect moment for him to surprise her since her eyes were closed. He could have got up from his chair, walked over to her, kneel down beside her and plant one on her lips. *sigh* LOL. The writers better plan the most AMAZING Shamy moment to make up for it. LOL.

I agree with whoever it was (Spook, maybe?) who said it wouldn't be like Sheldon to be impressed by a makeover.  He likes her the way she is, though I'm still waiting for him to tell her he thinks she's pretty.  He'd be more likely to want to kiss her after an intellectual conversation.  Remember how excited he got in THGG?  "Pretending to have intercourse with you has given me a great deal of satisfaction."

• Like 1

I agree with whoever it was (Spook, maybe?) who said it wouldn't be like Sheldon to be impressed by a makeover.  He likes her the way she is, though I'm still waiting for him to tell her he thinks she's pretty.  He'd be more likely to want to kiss her after an intellectual conversation.  Remember how excited he got in THGG?  "Pretending to have intercourse with you has given me a great deal of satisfaction."

Well...someone else mentioned Star Wars or Star Trekk costumes....I wonder if that would spike his curiosity more? LOL. But this is true, he likes her just the way she is and to be honest, I have often pictured him wanting to kiss her after something she says. Her mind is what draws him in first.

haha yes, that was me boh times: the makeover and the ST costume. He was definitely affected by the ST costume, so maybe princesses just don't do it for him. Re: the makeover (because that's what the princess outfit is, for all intents and purposes) like I said, I loved it that they had Sheldon be indifferent, and especially contrasting it with the other guys. If he had finally kissed her there it would have essentially meant that she needs to change her appearance for him to want to kiss her, which is just awful. I like it that he was minding his own business instead. Although I would have had him get up from his chair and then cut, just to tease the audience. hehe. :p

• Like 3

I agree, our Shelly loves his girl just the way she is. ;)

I also think Lorre meant what he said when he described Sheldon's sexuality as "other": he is, above all else, attracted to intelligence and a very rare personality type that parallels and/or complements his own. Physical attraction surely follows this for the "other-oriented" (and I think it already has to some extent), but I think the writers want to make it very clear that Sheldon is still a unique character, and that he's not going to be swept off his feet by something anything he deems superficial.

I, too, am waiting for the moment that he acknowledges physical attraction...even if that attraction is not conventional in any way. I think the revelation, itself, will be very Sheldon-esque (and possibly preceded by a lengthy rational explanation), but in its own way still romantic.

Bottom line is that he loves her, and as long as he eventually gets to a place where that love inspires a desire for a physical connection to enhance the intellectual/emotional one that already solidly exists, then the Shamy will be one of the greatest love stories in TV history...IMO. :D

To sum up: intellectual connection, then emotional connection, then love, then attraction, then physical desire...or marriage...or both! Here's hoping.

Btw, I wasn't really writing any of this in response to any certain post...just kind of thinking "out loud." :)

• Like 5

Thank you but I confess that sometimes I have to use google translation to successfully express myself in writing :icon_redface:

HI Vero. Welcome :icon_razz:

I must tell you that I am in the same situation when it comes to English as you, it is also not my first language and I also sometimes have to use the translator, so you're not alone and   I'm not alone too. :icon_redface: :D

lol I just rewatched the ep where Penny is upset about Leonard and Priya (some of my favorite P/A/S scenes in there) and I love the bit "Sheldon, you have a guest who's upset"/"Right, I'll make tea". LOL! He was whipped into obedience way before 6x17. haha.

• Like 1

I agree with whoever it was (Spook, maybe?) who said it wouldn't be like Sheldon to be impressed by a makeover.  He likes her the way she is, though I'm still waiting for him to tell her he thinks she's pretty. He'd be more likely to want to kiss her after an intellectual conversation.  Remember how excited he got in THGG?  "Pretending to have

intercourse with you has given me a great deal of satisfaction."

Indeed. Let's remember his unsaid words.. the mind is the greatest aphrodisiac. ;)

I completely agree about the princess costume. I'm happy to know that Amy was looking nice in it, but it would have been actually disappointing to me if Sheldon had kissed her for the first time in that situation. Nah, they need to be more unique and off-the-wall than that. And from what they say, it seems the writers have got that. (Especially Molaro? Tara?)

Retroluv - please continue with thinking out loud, it's matching with the thinking in my head. :)

• Like 2