The Shamy Thread! (Season 6 Edition-Spoilers)

After reading the taping report, my first thought is that Sheldon acknowledged Amy has breasts.  We know he has seen them but this is the first time he mentioned them, and in a sexual context.  I wonder if the explicit "yo mama" talk is the writers intentionally showing Sheldon to be more sexually aware.  It's sweet but also totally consistent with his personality to be competitive about his girlfriend's sexually exploitative qualities.

I don't want to be a downer but I'm getting a tad discouraged by the lack of physical contact.  Several weeks after "I'm working on it" and there's still almost nothing from him.  By now I would have expected something small (but big for them), even if it's just him not complaining when Amy wants to hold hands.  I want to see that the progress made is maintained.  The writers better make all this waiting worthwhile.  Maybe you guys can make me feel better about it.

I'm sorry but I'm just laughing so hard at that line. LOL! I would hope by now he knows she is a female and as such she has breasts. hahaha. 

That's exactly the kind of line I'd been waiting for ever since the bath was mentioned in 6x10. For him to start hinting that he's seen her naked and he appreciates what he's seen. And I definitely think there are way too many sexual puns/innuendos/talk piling up by now to assume that the writers are doing anything other than driving it home that he is more sexually aware than before. I also kind of like that it sounds like the whole trash talks kicks off because he gets offended that Raj is implying Amy doesn't have sexually exploitative qualities.

I'm not too bothered by the lack of physical contact in these last 2-3 eps since they're not sweeps and they haven't really been put in a situation where there needs to be any. But I do agree that we're all (especially Amy!) way overdue for something by now. 

Edited by koops

• Replies 11.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The Love Spell Potential Pictures (Just ones with Shamy in them)  

Before we bid adieu to this thread, I think we should take a moment to just gaze at how big this thread is. There are more posts in this thread than there are in Seasons 1-5 boards combined. This thre

I am dying here. What I would not give for a bone saw so I could cut your skulls open and get a good gander at how your brains work!   Only in Shamy shipper land could "Leonard gets a job offer over

Posted Images

I'm sorry but I'm just laughing so hard at that line. LOL! I would hope by now he knows she is a female and as such she has breasts. hahaha. 

That's exactly the kind of line I'd been waiting for ever since the bath was mentioned in 6x10. For him to start hinting that he's seen her naked and he appreciates what he's seen. And I definitely think there are way too many sexual puns/innuendos/talk piling up by now to assume that the writers are doing anything other than driving it home that he is more sexually aware than before.

I'm not too bothered by the lack of physical contact in these last 2-3 eps since they're not sweeps and they haven't really been put in a situation where there needs to be any. But I do agree that we're all (especially Amy!) way overdue for something by now. 

I guess that does sound funny.  Obviously he knows she has them and he has even seen them, but he never seemed to give them much thought.  Is that line a hint that he liked what he saw in the bath?

That's exactly the kind of line I'd been waiting for ever since the bath was mentioned in 6x10. For him to start hinting that he's seen her naked and he appreciates what he's seen. And I definitely think there are way too many sexual puns/innuendos/talk piling up by now to assume that the writers are doing anything other than driving it home that he is more sexually aware than before. I also kind of like that it sounds like the whole trash talks kicks off because he gets offended that Raj is implying Amy doesn't have sexually exploitative qualities.

I agree. It doesn't bother me at all. And we're overdue to give some back for Amy.

I basically had the same thoughts about his mention of her breasts. The fact that he acknowledges that they're there. Reminds me of Penny's comment about Sheldon maybe not noticing that Alex is a girl.:p

From Monique's addition to the report thread: "Are you trying to imply that my girlfriend has no sexual exploitative qualities??"

A thought on this....we know that Sheldon has seen a partial view of Penny's breast, and we assume I guess that he has seen some of Amy's from the Fish Guts episode...so when he asks Amy to show her breast maybe he believes Amy's would trump Penny's. Hahahaha

I had to stop to breathe for air after reading this because it made sense and i was laughing for 5 minutes straight while on our living room floor. I turned beet red.

I guess that does sound funny.  Obviously he knows she has them and he has even seen them, but he never seemed to give them much thought.  Is that line a hint that he liked what he saw in the bath?

Sounds like it to me. I mean, if he inferred that Raj was implying he can't use Amy's breasts to seduce the tenure committee the same way Leonard is doing with Penny's and he gets offended that must mean he thinks his girlfriend's bosoms are just as aesthetically pleasing :p  Also I love that he says "my girlfriend" and makes her "sexually exploitative qualities" his business. In a way he's saying "Are you saying I don't know what's sexually attractive?".

I want to think that's why he said it, but really who knows...?

That's what I'm thinking too. It does sound like a bit of a random (and inconsistent) point to make, like he's trying to cover something up. 

I was also thinking there's a definite dichotomy in how Sheldon talks about Amy and his relationship with Amy to other people (Penny, especially) and how he behaves around Amy. They're almost totally contradicting. If this is intentional, I can see why that is: it seems obvious to me that he is very uncomfortable/scared of letting Amy know what goes on in his head. Why that is, I don't know. But there's a definite contrast going on right now and if it is intentional it could lead to a lot of good things. 

She doesn't seem to know what he told Penny and Leonard. Are we meant to assume she knows that he went to beat up Wil Wheaton over her? She obviously doesn't know that he's been making up stories to Kripke. When he was taking care of her he was very carefully guarded behind his "caretaker" mask. It's like she's very much in the dark for the most part. 

I'm with you all the way! He hides it  from Amy,  because he wants to sort things out to the end. 'Cause he's afraid of what he feels. The case of Kripke and Sheldon's lie about sexual intercourse fell on him suddenly.

Amy heard the answer, and saw how he reacted to the Raj's joke about her sexually qualities,  she saw how it pissed  him off, and how he defended her, so he had to say this text that sex is offputting and unnecessary, because  something could come up to  her mind,  she could want to use it that he  points out her sexually qualities and  it could put him up against the wall. And he is not yet ready for it.

• Like 1

A thought on this....we know that Sheldon has seen a partial view of Penny's breast, and we assume I guess that he has seen some of Amy's from the Fish Guts episode...so when he asks Amy to show her breast maybe he believes Amy's would trump Penny's. Hahahaha

I think that he even touched Penny's breasts in that  scene when he helps her put her blouse, his eyes are closed, and he touched her breast, not intentionally, but he did. She said then; Is that my arm... well maybe you should let it go...

So breasts are nothing new for him. :icon_mrgreen:

But it's something new, sweet and a big step for their realtionship that he sees her sexually qualities. And he said this about her boobs because he liked what he saw in Fish Guts and like you said he thought that Amy's are beyond competition  :icon_biggrin:

Edited by silverangelD

Wow,a you all have been busy since the posting of the spoiler.   Late to the game by my observations:

1.   It was interesting that Howard wasn't vying for tenure (because he knew he wasn't up for it), so they made this a program pitting the other three against each other.   Always makes for fun antics when the boys are up to competing against each other.

2.   I was rather hoping they would continue with Lucy somewhere, but obviously this was not the episode for that.

3.   I think Sheldon made a HUGE reveal last night with his comment about Amy's breasts.  It shows:
      a.   They tied back to the episode where he bathes Amy.   It acknowledges that he has seen them
      b.   He found her breasts to be aesthetically appealing, even enough to fairly compete or overrule anything Penny has to offer
      c.    It was an indirect admission that he finds Amy sexually appealing

d.    It indirectly implies that he must think about her breasts now and again for him to bring them up immediately

e.    He was indirectly telling Raj that he knows what is sexually attractive

4.  I think many have surmised correctly that Sheldon is more open in talking about his feelings about Amy to Leonard and Penny, and is more guarded talking about them to Amy.   I think Sheldon is scared of his feelings and scared to put himself out there.  He is scared to be rejected if he doesn't do things perfectly because he always raises the bar for himself.   So talking about a physical relationship between them frightens the heck out of him.  He knows he not only has his germ/touch aversion(s) to overcome, but he also has to overcome fear of failure or not pleasing her.   So I believe he wants her to believe things are a long, long time off where he is more willing to be honest with Leonard/Penny about it.

5.  The show missed a great opportunity about Amy/Kripke encounter.  I honestly felt she would learn about her reputation, but instead they didn't touch that.  I have to wonder if they will revisit it or not and how they will do that given that Kripke has already seen her now because it will seem a bit odd to have not mentioned it in this episode where they first encountered since the sex-brag episode.   Is this to continually keep her in the dark about any possible feelings or thoughts Sheldon has had about her sexually?

6.  I feel the writers are specifically keeping the cards close to their chests about where they are heading.  It was very hard to tell after reading this report. 

7.  All I can say is they better have an amazing, amazing, amazing kiss ahead after this because they have really teased us and teased us and given us so much back and forth that it is rather confusing.   They better have a great sweeps ahead for this couple.

It was quite a contradictory set of talk from Sheldon in this script but it could be because of what I stated above.  I hope that is the case, anyway, and that it will start to burst forth and we will get a better feel where they are heading.

• Like 2

Hi, I`m new here, watching the show from Hungary, excuse my

English.

I would like to share one of my ideal episode with you.

First, Amy try to seduce Sheldon somehow, but he`s response

making her annoyed.

Next scene, Amy is complaining to Penny and Bernadette about

Sheldon not noticing her as a woman, so they tell her to try to be more

feminine.

She goes home, and doing a makeover on herself (with the

help of the Wikipedia), but because she has no idea about these things, she`s overdoing

it. Like high heels, push up bra, new hairdo, contact lenses; strong make up, hilarious

dress etc.

Next scene, all the guys eating at apartment 4A, when Amy

walks in, (shocked faces), and she ask Sheldon if he likes what he sees. And he

says she looks ridiculous, she gets upset and rushes out.

Sheldon ask why she was doing that to herself, and P and B

confessed of telling her to be more feminine. He tells them, he likes the way

she looked before, and she was perfect as she was, and he goes after Amy,

leaving them still shocked.

Final scene, Amy`s flat, Amy changed back into her old

clothes, her hair is dishevelled.  But

the make-up is still on, you can see she was crying (non waterproof mascara). They

sit down on her sofa, and he then tells her, that he preferred her old look,

because that`s part of her personality, and he never told her, but he finds her

interesting and clever and she don`t need all this stuff to be pretty, because

she already is.

Short pause, and then Sheldon took the wipes from her hand,

telling she doesn`t need lipstick either, and with one hand holding her chin,

he wipes it off from her lips, and then gently kisses her.

I don`t know how to end the episode. But for me, that would

be ideal for the first Sheldon initiated kiss.

Are'nt you the sweetest :)

• Like 1

After reading the report again, I feel like Sheldon's comment about coitus is very random...does he say it because he is worried that Amy might think he truly did something sexual with Raj's mother? I mean, it's silly, but this is clueless Sheldon (who doesn't get sarcasm) after all.

After reading the report again, I feel like Sheldon's comment about coitus is very random...does he say it because he is worried that Amy might think he truly did something sexual with Raj's mother? I mean, it's silly, but this is clueless Sheldon (who doesn't get sarcasm) after all.

Could be the side of Sheldon that is a gentleman, he may have thought an explanation was needed being that they were talking inappropriately.  I don't know.  Who knows what goes on in that bulbous head of his. :)

Edited by ShamyFTW

The more I think about it, the more I think he was just trying to cover something up and pretend he's above it all in front of Amy. Like "yeah, yeah, I do not think about those things really!". It's hard to tell without hearing it but it is the only explanation that doesn't make it sound totally random.

• Like 1

I think that maybe he said it because he get scared that after when he pointed at Amy sexually qualities and  he defended her when Raj mocked, and this made him angry, that Amy might have some ideas about how to use it, because she saw  his reaction. And he's not ready for it yet. I think that's why, but maybe I'm wrong.

And like koops said he did it because he was just trying to cover something up and pretend he's above it all in front of Amy.

We must see everything, to consult what we say with what we will see.

Edited by silverangelD

I don't know that Sheldon telling Amy to take out her breasts is meant to indicate anything more than his idea that if Leonard is going to use Penny's breasts to try to influence the committee, then Sheldon can use Amy's breasts in the same manner.

I don't know that it necessarily means that he thinks Amy's breasts are somehow better than Penny's, but simply that "two can play at this game".

Though I do think that his line about his girlfriend having sexually exploitative qualities is indicative that he must think that she does at least have breasts that can be "exploited" for sexual influence in such a situation.

I also agree that any evidence of physical "progress", if you will, on Sheldon's part is undoubtedly going to be saved for Sweeps, since that's a pretty good chip to hold in reserve.

I also think that his comments about coitus being ridiculous and off-putting means that whatever progress he might be making on the physical front is not going to include coitus at this point, which I think is appropriate.

If we only just found out a few episodes ago that he's working on his physical issues, then it's not unusual that whatever progress he has made is going to be in just the initial stages--Sheldon being able to initiate some kind of physical display of affection.  Taking her hand of his own accord, or initiating a hug, or, what I think would be the biggest step he'd be able to take at this point, initiating a kiss--these are all things that he might be able to work his way up to at this stage, while still finding the physical gyrations and exchanges of bodily fluids, let alone the baring of one's private areas for reasons other than bathing, to be "ridiculous and off-putting", the way a child might.

• Like 3

Just wow, all these analysis and observations. I had many thoughts after reading the taping report but you have already said them. Thank you Stardustmelody for your post, it really summed up many of my thoughts.

I had contradictory feelings about what Sheldon said there about coitus being off-putting, but the line about her sexually exploitative qualities balanced that a bit. I too think that it really does matter in what context and what kind of tone of voice that line is said. And I think it really has to do with that Amy was there listening. He didn't want to reveal to her that he has an increased level of interest when it comes to sex. Otherwise, all this would be inconsistent with the progression made earlier, especially what happened in 6x14.
I can really see that he is still, when it comes to sex, a (pre-)teenage boy who is scared, and all those touch/germ phobias and suppressed emotions that he has. The guy is in his thirties and to our knowledge he hasn't had any sexual encounters so far. It must feel like him it's going to be an earthquake of his life when it will happen.
And I totally agree he doesn't want to show Amy what he's thinking about them having physical contact and coitus. But he might think and be scared, that by the time Amy finds out he is, even at some level, interested in having coitus with her, there is no space for reversing or backing off for him from that situation, in other words, that would be too uncontrollable situation for him/them and it might lead to sex he isn't yet ready for. So that's why he so eagerly doesn't want to show Amy any signs of getting interested about having sex with her. He is kind of covering his face from Amy so she couldn't see through him where the things are going in his mind. (He might even feel a bit ashamed to have these urges, who knows.) Poor Amy doesn't seem to really know about many things what have happened (Kripke, conversation with Leonard and Penny, etc). Maybe he doesn't want to show and admit to Amy that he is afraid about having sex with her and is afraid of her reaction. He wants to be perfect in that too and might be afraid of failure as well.

As many have said, I too am getting a bit tired of them not having any physical contact at this point. What made me happy, yes, was that he kind of confessed he has noticed her breasts, at least some hint of progression again. For me, it would be satisfying enough if they had their little romantic but yet quirky/geeky moments together including a little amount of touching. But I hope they have been doing this all for purpose to pay us back our waiting later, something really meaningful, beautiful, sweet and huge happen between these two.

• Like 5

The more I think about it, the more I think he was just trying to cover something up and pretend he's above it all in front of Amy. Like "yeah, yeah, I do not think about those things really!". It's hard to tell without hearing it but it is the only explanation that doesn't make it sound totally random.

He's also the type to overexplain his attempts at humor--like in the Electric Can Opener episode.  Leonard tells him to send another email explaining the mistake and says, "It's no big deal" and Sheldon says, "You're right, it's no big deal..." etc.

But before he leaves, he feels the need to explain, "That, FYI, was sarcasm.  I happen to think it is a big deal."

Well, obviously, Leonard and Penny would have understood that his remark was meant to be sarcastic, but he feels the need to explain it.

So, in this situation, he may feel the need to assure Amy that all the stuff he said about "doing" Raj's mother was just joking.  But as I said earlier, I'm not surprised that he would still find coitus "ridiculous and off-putting" because it's still a step too far for him.

Edited by phantagrae

If he truly found coitus to be ridiculous and off-putting, when Penny asked him "Are you ever going to sleep with Amy?" he would have answered like he did in 4x01: "Why on Earth would we have sex?", not with a long explanation about his hungups and "It's a possibility". I am sold on the cover-up option for that line now. He does not want her to know he's thinking about it. First he quickly reassures her that he never slept with Raj's mom (LOL) and then he proceeds to say that line and go off into the service. Sounds an awful lot like cover up to me.

eta: I'm not saying he's ready now, btw! I agree with Catlina. He is so not ready and that's the reason why he wants Amy to think he's still the old Sheldon that finds sex unnecessary and for lower creatures. But the poor girl has no idea what the hell is going on. lol. 

Edited by koops
  • Like 2

Could be the side of Sheldon that is a gentleman, he may have thought an explanation was needed being that they were talking inappropriately.  I don't know.  Who knows what goes on in that bulbous head of his. :)

That joke was sort of advanced for him... It sounds like he even understood the context of what he was saying...

So Sheldon's sense of humor has reached the maturity level of 12 year old boy!

So... progress is on going and across the board.

If he truly found coitus to be ridiculous and off-putting, when Penny asked him "Are you ever going to sleep with Amy?" he would have answered like he did in 4x01: "Why on Earth would we have sex?", not with a long explanation about his hungups and "It's a possibility". I am sold on the cover-up option for that line now. He does not want her to know he's thinking about it. First he quickly reassures her that he never slept with Raj's mom (LOL) and then he proceeds to say that line and go off into the service. Sounds an awful lot like cover up to me.

At least I see that after the sexually exploitable comment, you've turned around.:p I feel the same way. I have read the taping report that already had Sheldon's comment so my reaction to his coitus comment was a way of trying to reprimand (sort of) or cover up that he still think coitus is offputting in front of Amy since I think she doesn't even know how he thinks coitus is actually a possibility between them now. Out of these ten writers and their staff writers, do you think none of them made a comment about it if it meant that he was trying to refute what he said in 6.14? You know, I was watching the E4 special this morning about the crew of the TBBT for the finale. She actually plans to make the wedding cute and adorable and wonderful but the writers told her it's kind of not appropriate with their set-up that Raj only had a short time to plan the wedding and even has a tight budget. So, right now I REALLY doubt the things included in the show has not been discussed further by these writers, if they were able to make sense out of the wedding-Raj setup. Am I being too faithful?

The more I think about it, the more I think he was just trying to cover something up and pretend he's above it all in front of Amy. Like "yeah, yeah, I do not think about those things really!". It's hard to tell without hearing it but it is the only explanation that doesn't make it sound totally random.[/

From a purely logical point of view, if Sheldon didn't find coitus 'ridiculous and off-putting' then there would be no need to 'work on it', it would be happening!

Logic would also dictate that there would be absolutely no point 'working on it' unless you're sexually attracted to the other person to begin with, particularly from the male perspective (fully functioning genitals are requisite)!

At least I see that after the sexually exploitable comment, you've turned around. :p I feel the same way. I have read the taping report that already had Sheldon's comment so my reaction to his coitus comment was a way of trying to reprimand (sort of) or cover up that he still think coitus is offputting in front of Amy since I think she doesn't even know how he thinks coitus is actually a possibility between them now. Out of these ten writers and their staff writers, do you think none of them made a comment about it if it meant that he was trying to refute what he said in 6.14? You know, I was watching the E4 special this morning about the crew of the TBBT for the finale. She actually plans to make the wedding cute and adorable and wonderful but the writers told her it's kind of not appropriate with their set-up that Raj only had a short time to plan the wedding and even has a tight budget. So, right now I REALLY doubt the things included in the show has not been discussed further by these writers, if they were able to make sense out of the wedding-Raj setup. Am I being too faithful?

Oh yes, like I said, I edited my comment once that line was added and I already said from the beginning that I have to wait to see the way the coitus line is delivered and the whole context before making my mind up. I was just speculating that IF it does mean literally what it means, rather than as a cover-up, to me it's doesn't make any sense given everything that came before it. Again, IMO. I always like to prepare myself for the worst case scenario and then be pleasantly surprised than the other way around :)

I'm confused about the wedding though. Who is "she"? 

The more I think about it, the more I think he was just trying to cover something up and pretend he's above it all in front of Amy. Like "yeah, yeah, I do not think about those things really!". It's hard to tell without hearing it but it is the only explanation that doesn't make it sound totally random.[/

From a purely logical point of view, if Sheldon didn't find coitus 'ridiculous and off-putting' then there would be no need to 'work on it', it would be happening!

Logic would also dictate that there would be absolutely no point 'working on it' unless you're sexually attracted to the other person to begin with, particularly from the male perspective (fully functioning genitals are requisite)!

He said he's "working" on his issues with physical contact, not "working" on being attracted to her. Big difference there.

eta: wait, sorry, I missed a negative there I think.  :p   thought you were saying that he wouldn't have to work on it if he were attracted to her.  

Edited by koops

I guess that's the $64, 000.00 question--is Sheldon telling the truth in that comment or is he covering up his true thoughts/feelings about coitus?

I think that Sheldon can both find coitus "ridiculous and off-putting" and still be working toward that goal and considering it a "possibility", which isn't the same thing as saying, "Yes, I'm hoping to eventually have sex with Amy."  It's a "possibility', IF he can work his way up to it.  At this point it may still be off-putting to him, the way hand-holding is somewhat off-putting, or has been until Amy began asserting herself in tha arena, the way hugging still seems difficult for him to endure, the way that kissing is probably still out of reach for him.

So, I don't see his comment as a gate coming down on that idea.  Just that it's still beyond his ability to imagine himself doing.  Like he said, a year ago, putting Vapo-rub on Amy's chest would have been impossible.  At this point, sex is impossible, but that doesn't mean that a year or so down the line that he may be able to work his way past that characterization.

The other side of the coin is that he is using the comment to cover up the idea that he might be considering it as a goal, and doesn't want Amy getting any premature ideas about the physical status of their relationship.  How can he imagine having sex with her when he can't bring himself to kiss her?

Anyway, I don't really mind either way because I don't think that TPTB intend to get him to that point this season.

• Like 2