The Shamy Thread! (Season 6 Edition-Spoilers)

Koops, I was referring to Ann Shea from this Season 5 DVD extra: 

It's where she mentioned something about how she initially wanted to plan the wedding on the rooftop and that she wanted it to be cuter than it was character appropriate but that the director and some producers/writers said about Koothrappali.

Honestly there's been many times in the past where i would take taping reports to the heart and now i just wait for the episode and let the actual one surprise me. Like, when the Spoiler Alert segmentation came out, we know that the taping report was really detailed but it was still not indicated that the episode was a strong one for Amy. I revert back to the reason why I read taping reports in the first place: To get spoiled, know the gist of what's going to happen and not be bothered for the rest of the day regarding the fact there was a taping and I have no idea what the episode was about.

• Like 1

• Replies 11.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The Love Spell Potential Pictures (Just ones with Shamy in them)  

Before we bid adieu to this thread, I think we should take a moment to just gaze at how big this thread is. There are more posts in this thread than there are in Seasons 1-5 boards combined. This thre

I am dying here. What I would not give for a bone saw so I could cut your skulls open and get a good gander at how your brains work!   Only in Shamy shipper land could "Leonard gets a job offer over

Posted Images

If they talked like that about wedding and how will Raj plans everything, that I think that they must have general view about what will happened with Sheldon and Amy's phisical part of their relationship. About how it would look like, so it  make sense. That everything, that he said and everything that he will say is leading us to his change, to prepared him to that part of their relationship.But I don't think that it will happened in this season. I think that they will leave us in suspence, and they will leave us with open door that we can imagine what will happen in season 7
How to dragged this long enough, to teased with us, and  to increase our appetite.

Edited by silverangelD

Koops, I'm saying he IS physically attracted to Amy. There'd be no point working towards coitus if there's no attraction there; the fact he finds sex ridiculous and off-putting is what's causing the hold-up.

BTW, regarding Tenure, does that not normally allow more freedom to explore unpopular subjects without penalty?

Koops, I'm saying he IS physically attracted to Amy. There'd be no point working towards coitus if there's no attraction there; the fact he finds sex ridiculous and off-putting is what's causing the hold-up.

BTW, regarding Tenure, does that not normally allow more freedom to explore unpopular subjects without penalty?

yeah, I got it after I re-read the sentence. Had a "quadruple negative" moment there for a second. lol. I still think it's the phobias that are the hung ups re: germs/physical contact/bodily fluids rather than his opinions on sex. There's been too many hints this season that he does not find it ridiculous anymore ("He could be having the time of his life"???). 

Anyway, re: tenure. Partly yes, you don't have to keep chasing grants for your own salary so that does open up the possibility to do work you might not otherwise be able to do. Although even tenured academics keep applying for grants. But it guarantees job security, whereas if you have to apply for a grant in order to survive then the grant proposal needs to be tailored to whatever topic/research is likely to get funded to have a better chance to get it.

Hi guys! Sorry for have left the forum for a while... my account had a problem and I'm starting my new tumblr ... Not to mention the school :(

But I'm back! I don't know if it's for the happiness or sadness of you, but this Shamy shipper here will not leave the forum so easily  :icon_twisted:  LOL

I just read the taping 6x20 ... Loved the episode! I found it very funny, and I loved the shamy parts  :p

Already 4 pages of analysis on the Shamy in the episode, I see. :) I admit to being a little confused about some of these things at first, so I have to thank y'all for making things a little clearer in my mind. For the most part, I would go with the idea that he's probably covering up his inner journey in front of Amy (that's why, after all, he told Penny and Leonard about it, not her yet). I'm also pleased and intrigued by the 'sexually exploitative' line. However, since so much of this depends entirely on expressions, reactions, body language and the way it's delivered (at which both Jim and Mayim are masters of the game), I would really like to reserve my judgement till we see it actually play out.. my usual policy after taping reports, as Jean says.

At one point Jim took his flash cards and lightly slapped Mayim across her shoulder as she passed by him.

Can I just say, this made me happy. :wub: I so love the little hints of platonic camaraderie between these two lovely people.

• Like 5

probably the internet 

Or the book. Heck, even BP doesn't know what that blasted book is.

Hey, here's something to ponder. Back in Egg Salad Equivalency, I was trying to browse my folder of screencaps and noticed that the book had bookmark/pagemarkers on it.

tumblr_mg2yobQlag1qcqxh7o1_1280.jpg

Same pagemarker style that was in the Relationship Agreement when he presented it to Amy. I wondered if the book was his. Then, why would he have that book with him in the first place? Regardless if it was borrowed in the library, there were still markers on the book. And then look at what he said regarding it:

"Now, please understand, I don’t hold you responsible for your behaviour because, see, from an evolutionary standpoint, you’re a slave to your desire to reproduce. But during the work day, when you feel possessed by amorous intent, may I suggest that you suppress it by leafing through this illustrated book of sexually transmitted diseases? Let’s see here. Oh, yes. Check out this oozy doozy."

Why would he suggest such a thing? Someone said to me their interpretation of it was that he uses it for the same purpose: to suppress amorous intents. Like back in 4.10, he said that sexual arousal is a cross all must bear and that when he needs to he uses Kolinahr.

So, maybe he really has done plenty of research not just using The Book.

Edited by jeanalice
  • Like 5

But, anyway, we've been discussing breasts and sex a lot but the thing that I want a bit of clarification on, more than the sex stuff, is: did Sheldon really say that if he wants a tedious situation he'd rather go out on his date night with Amy than to a funeral? I don't really understand that bit of the report.

I have a theory as to why Sheldon has been so hesitant to reveal to Amy that he's working on the physical contact.  Kaley said in an interview about a year ago that one reason Penny was holding back on the ILY with Leonard is that she's afraid to encourage him because he will expect that much more; you know, give him an inch and he takes a mile.  I think that's what's going on with S/A.  He's afraid that if he lets her know he likes it sometimes and wants to try it more, she will rush him.  That line, "all it takes to wake up Snow White is one little kiss" may be exactly what he's afraid of.

• Like 8

I have a theory as to why Sheldon has been so hesitant to reveal to Amy that he's working on the physical contact.  Kaley said in an interview about a year ago that one reason Penny was holding back on the ILY with Leonard is that she's afraid to encourage him because he will expect that much more; you know, give him an inch and he takes a mile.  I think that's what's going on with S/A.  He's afraid that if he lets her know he likes it sometimes and wants to try it more, she will rush him.  That line, "all it takes to wake up Snow White is one little kiss" may be exactly what he's afraid of.

That's interesting....that way he can deal with is progress at his own pace and not have Amy disaappoointed.

I have been pondering all of this further and this is what seemed to be a paradox to me.  Sheldon on the one hand is willing to tell Penny and Leonard that he find sleeping with or having a physical relationship with Amy "a possibility".   He also is willing to give Amy a reputation about "their sex life" to Kripke.   Yet, in front of Amy he seems to want to imply that coitus is still something he finds "ridiculous and off-putting".  I think it is interesting that he seemingly wants to give Amy the impression that he isn't interested, yet many of his comments this whole season have proven otherwise.  He has shown a much greater interest in sexual innuendo and commentary.  He also has seemingly found Amy's breasts aesthetically pleasing.   I started to think about Sheldon's unique logic and this is the conclusion I came up with:

1.  He is scared yet intrigued.  He is scared to have sex because of many reasons, mainly lack of experience and fear of failure, but also because of his aversion to germs/touch.

2.  He is intrigued and actually interested.  He is attracted to Amy (pale shoulders was the first indication, but the comment about her breasts clearly show he has some level of attraction to her "features").  

3.  He willingly tells people things that are people who also come in contact with Amy and who could "spill the beans" so to speak.  He runs a risk telling others, yet willingly shares with them.  

4.  He really isn't ready, yet part of him is ready.  He is escalating in interest and that is starting to make him take risks.

Because of these things, I believe Sheldon is very interested in pursuing a physical relationship, is scared, so he takes risks in telling others where he is at.  So why is he afraid to talk to Amy about an interest he has and perhaps even admitting he is trying to work on his touch aversion?

1.  Perhaps part of it is because back to when she talked about no wanting a physical relationship in the first season, then her comments about love in the episode where he meets her mother via Skype.   He knows that Amy has hinted at wanting more and Penny has suggested she wants more, but he still has an insecurity about whether or not she wants to go there. 

2.  The opposite...He knows Amy wants a physical relationship and is afraid she will run with the information and push him into things too quickly.  He is just as confused as to where she is at as to where he is at.  He is confused about what he feels about it as much as she is.

3.  His fears overcome him more than his desire still.  Once they reach a par, he may be much more willing to step things up.  I am not convinced that he isn't interested.  I am also not convinced he believes revealing "it's a possibility" to Penny and Sheldon finds it truly "off-putting" because he has made too many remarks that are to the contrary (boy howdy, it's magic...time of his life...,etc.).   He clearly believes that the nature of a sexual relationship can be pleasurable and enjoyable.  But his fears of failure are overpowering the desire at this point.  

I believe all this is to point that a physical relationship (meaning sex in this case) is still not in the near-term, but more of a future plan.  I also believe that he will be working toward more progress in regard to it and that his desires are going to increase.   He does have an eidetic memory and won't stop remembering her naked body.   That alone will drive his desire forward. :icon_lol:

Edited by stardustmelody
  • Like 4

Or the book. Heck, even BP doesn't know what that blasted book is.

Hey, here's something to ponder. Back in Egg Salad Equivalency, I was trying to browse my folder of screencaps and noticed that the book had bookmark/pagemarkers on it.

tumblr_mg2yobQlag1qcqxh7o1_1280.jpg

Same pagemarker style that was in the Relationship Agreement when he presented it to Amy. I wondered if the book was his. Then, why would he have that book with him in the first place? Regardless if it was borrowed in the library, there were still markers on the book. And then look at what he said regarding it:

"Now, please understand, I don’t hold you responsible for your behaviour because, see, from an evolutionary standpoint, you’re a slave to your desire to reproduce. But during the work day, when you feel possessed by amorous intent, may I suggest that you suppress it by leafing through this illustrated book of sexually transmitted diseases? Let’s see here. Oh, yes. Check out this oozy doozy."

Why would he suggest such a thing? Someone said to me their interpretation of it was that he uses it for the same purpose: to suppress amorous intents. Like back in 4.10, he said that sexual arousal is a cross all must bear and that when he needs to he uses Kolinahr.

So, maybe he really has done plenty of research not just using The Book.

Yes, I do believe it is his and yes I do think he does use it for that exactly purpose (see bold).  Kolinahr isn't working as well and so he has to reach out to other sources.   This is interesting because it also ties in to what I commented above.  He has the desire, but his fears are still greater at the moment.  However, they are working  toward coming together.  Once he reaches a par and the desire begins to be greater than the fear, then you know that they will finally have Shamy have coitus...or as I prefer "make-love".

Oh that reminds me, another note I wanted to put on my post above is that he may separate in his head "coitus" and "sex" from "making-love".  He may think with Amy it will be "making love to her" rather than having "coitus" or "sex" so he reserves it for something very intimate and special.  So thinking of "coitus" or "sex" as "off-putting" could make more sense if he is separating the acts as if they are different.

Edited by stardustmelody
  • Like 1

I like your view, and I agree. I think that he's afraid that he can't handle it, to do it so well for her,  and she will wants more, and more, and that little step like kiss won't be enough for her, and he is a perfectionist so he want to do it super for her, but he's not ready for it, not yet.

But, anyway, we've been discussing breasts and sex a lot but the thing that I want a bit of clarification on, more than the sex stuff, is: did Sheldon really say that if he wants a tedious situation he'd rather go out on his date night with Amy than to a funeral? I don't really understand that bit of the report.

Koops, I have the same question and can't seem to come up with an answer that satisfies or pleases me. Anyone care to weigh in? This bothers me a great deal more than the coitus comment.

I have been pondering all of this further and this is what seemed to be a paradox to me.  Sheldon on the one hand is willing to tell Penny and Leonard that he find sleeping with or having a physical relationship with Amy "a possibility".   He also is willing to give Amy a reputation about "their sex life" to Kripke.   Yet, in front of Amy he seems to want to imply that coitus is still something he finds "ridiculous and off-putting".  I think it is interesting that he seemingly wants to give Amy the impression that he isn't interested, yet many of his comments this whole season have proven otherwise.  He has shown a much greater interest in sexual innuendo and commentary.  He also has seemingly found Amy's breasts aesthetically pleasing.   I started to think about Sheldon's unique logic and this is the conclusion I came up with:

1.  He is scared yet intrigued.  He is scared to have sex because of many reasons, mainly lack of experience and fear of failure, but also because of his aversion to germs/touch.

2.  He is intrigued and actually interested.  He is attracted to Amy (pale shoulders was the first indication, but the comment about her breasts clearly show he has some level of attraction to her "features").  

3.  He willingly tells people things that are people who also come in contact with Amy and who could "spill the beans" so to speak.  He runs a risk telling others, yet willingly shares with them.  

4.  He really isn't ready, yet part of him is ready.  He is escalating in interest and that is starting to make him take risks.

Because of these things, I believe Sheldon is very interested in pursuing a physical relationship, is scared, so he takes risks in telling others where he is at.  So why is he afraid to talk to Amy about an interest he has and perhaps even admitting he is trying to work on his touch aversion?

1.  Perhaps part of it is because back to when she talked about no wanting a physical relationship in the first season, then her comments about love in the episode where he meets her mother via Skype.   He knows that Amy has hinted at wanting more and Penny has suggested she wants more, but he still has an insecurity about whether or not she wants to go there. 

2.  The opposite...He knows Amy wants a physical relationship and is afraid she will run with the information and push him into things too quickly.  He is just as confused as to where she is at as to where he is at.  He is confused about what he feels about it as much as she is.

3.  His fears overcome him more than his desire still.  Once they reach a par, he may be much more willing to step things up.  I am not convinced that he isn't interested.  I am also not convinced he believes revealing "it's a possibility" to Penny and Sheldon finds it truly "off-putting" because he has made too many remarks that are to the contrary (boy howdy, it's magic...time of his life...,etc.).   He clearly believes that the nature of a sexual relationship can be pleasurable and enjoyable.  But his fears of failure are overpowering the desire at this point.  

I believe all this is to point that a physical relationship (meaning sex in this case) is still not in the near-term, but more of a future plan.  I also believe that he will be working toward more progress in regard to it and that his desires are going to increase.   He does have an eidetic memory and won't stop remembering her naked body.   That alone will drive his desire forward. :icon_lol:

Yes. Yours and Teneal's are great breakdowns of what I really think is going on to make sense of the dichotomy I was talking about before: how he is very smitten about her when he talks to other yet seemingly cold and detached with her, except in rare occasions. I think it's probably a combination of all the three points you identified as a reason why he acts the way he acts: he definitely still has a lot of issues with physical contact/germs, he is scared that she will push him too far too fast and at the same time he is terrified she's going to leave him if he does/says the wrong thing (which was highlighted again and again all season). The problem, in all of this is that Amy really has NO CLUE what the hell is going on. Save for the V-day gift, she has gotten no indication of what's happening with him. I can see why that might set her off at some point in the future. 

Koops, I have the same question and can't seem to come up with an answer that satisfies or pleases me. Anyone care to weigh in? This bothers me a great deal more than the coitus comment.

Yes, this bothers me way more too. I'm afraid I'm sounding a bit like a negative Nancy today though, which I hate, so I apologize to everyone if I'm ruining the fun. Just having a tough week at work again and I guess I just pick up on the negatives more lately. 

Maybe it's a throwaway line, or maybe it'll look/sound different in the actual episode.  I hate those throwaway lines that are sort of mean, though, like "I'm going to have to cut her loose" or the occasional line when Howard indicates wanting his mother to die.

A view of her naked body in his eidetic memory is one of that things which will help him with his fears and problems. Love and brilliance of her mind are the other things. He need to feel balance between him making progress with his problems and Amy who really wants them to be in the phisical relationship, so as not to hurt her.

• Like 1

Jean, I hadn't thought in those terms about the book he showed Alex, but that's an interesting idea and I think it's very plausible. When you think of it, extrapolating from his earlier Kolinahr comment and his advice to Alex to 'use this book to suppress her amorous urges', it does seem to be a hint that he may be doing that himself. Because a) we know he's no stranger to having to employ some device to suppress his own urges, and b ) why else would he even think of bringing in that book for such a purpose? Why would it occur to him? Oh yes, he's definitely been doing some amount of reading up/researching/suppressing lately. :)

Stardust - that's an insightful analysis, and I quite agree. We do see Sheldon playing some sort of a double game, throughout this season - being more open about his feelings and intentions regarding Amy to his friends than to herself, as also about his changing views on intimacy.  And all the while he has to know that his friends are Amy's friends, and she may well get to know everything he shares with them. Is he at all scared of that happening? Oblivious of the possibility? Curious? Is it he calculated risk.. would a part of him actually be relieved if she got wind of what's up with him through other channels?

Are we overthinking this, and imputing motives on him? Who knows, indeed, what goes on in that big bulbous brain.. or ours. :p

Edited by Pomita
  • Like 7

Why do the writers bother with these mean "throwaway" lines? This one about date night with Amy being tedious, in particular, seems so inconsistent with the way they've characterized the Shamy relationship. Sheldon is supposed to genuinely enjoy her company and find her intellectually stimulating. Perhaps he is beginning to fear date night because it is a recurring event in their relationship that opens up the door to testing physical boundaries and increased emotional intimacy? Or is this another lame attempt at the whole one step forward, two steps back formula? Or are we over-thinking this? Nah...;)

Edited by Retroluv
  • Like 2

A view of her naked body in his eidetic memory is one of that things which will help him with his fears and problems. Love and brilliance of her mind are the other things. He need to feel balance between him making progress with his problems and Amy who really wants them to be in the phisical relationship, so as not to hurt her.

I agree, however, if he isn't cluing her in on where he is at and what he wants, it is going to lead to some interesting conversation down the road because I can't see that they can continue being on two somewhat parallel paths like this without having to come to some common intersections along the way.   That may be why he is willing to risk telling others who might say something to her...because it would have her confront him and he would then be more free to say what he is feeling, but that sort of seems a little inconsistent with character to me.   I don't know, but something has to give at some point or lead to a potential blow-up because of miscommunication.  

did Sheldon really say that if he wants a tedious situation he'd rather go out on his date night with Amy than to a funeral? I don't really understand that bit of the report.

Part of me is hoping that this was not put in full context and perhaps had some missing words in it because right now it makes me scratch my head and say WHAT?   :icon_eek:   I am hoping that we will get further clarification of this.