The Shamy Thread! (Season 6 Edition-Spoilers)

• Replies 11.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The Love Spell Potential Pictures (Just ones with Shamy in them)  

Before we bid adieu to this thread, I think we should take a moment to just gaze at how big this thread is. There are more posts in this thread than there are in Seasons 1-5 boards combined. This thre

I am dying here. What I would not give for a bone saw so I could cut your skulls open and get a good gander at how your brains work!   Only in Shamy shipper land could "Leonard gets a job offer over

Posted Images

I have a question for you guys.  I haven't seen it discussed here but there was talk in the comments of a youtube video that when the girls showed off their dresses in "The Santa Simulation," Sheldon was checking Amy out.  I don't see it.  He looks at her but not in a particularly lusty way, and in fact he looks at Bernadette practically the same way.  I actually picked up on something else, which I think is more meaningful.  When Penny made the "Forever 63" crack about Amy's dress, Sheldon looked at her like he was displeased, the same way he does when they tease him.

Thoughts?

Edited by tmp

I have a question for you guys.  I haven't seen it discussed here but there was talk in the comments of a youtube video that when the girls showed off their dresses in "The Santa Simulation," Sheldon was checking Amy out.  I don't see it.  He looks at her but not in a particularly lusty way, and in fact he looks at Bernadette practically the same way.  I actually picked up on something else, which I think is more meaningful.  When Penny made the "Forever 63" crack about Amy's dress, Sheldon looked at her like he was displeased, the same way he does when they tease him.

Thoughts?

Yes, I saw him check Bernadette out the same way too recently, I had never noticed it before because I only paid attention to Amy. I do think he was interested, but I do think it's been blown a bit out of proportion. There were a lot of subtle nuances to that scene, it's hard to tell what was Jim improvising and what was scripted behavior and what that means. But he most definitely looked displeased by the comment, and that was definitely scripted and on purpose! 

Edited by spook

Yes, I saw him check Bernadette out the same way too recently, I had never noticed it before because I only paid attention to Amy. I do think he was interested, but I do think it's been blown a bit out of proportion. There were a lot of subtle nuances to that scene, it's hard to tell what was Jim improvising and what was scripted behavior and what that means. But he most definitely looked displeased by the comment, and that was definitely scripted and on purpose! 

Agreed.  I thought his behavior was consistent with the line "I know they're making a rhetorical point, but I don't know what it is."  I didn't see any more than somebody who knew he was supposed to be watching.  The reaction to the comment, though, was cool because picking on her got the same reaction as if they were picking on him. 

• Like 2

i zoomed in on sheldon when amy was walking and he is looking a bit 

tumblr_mf1gw7TI961rn4qwao1_r2_250.giftumblr_mf1gw7TI961rn4qwao3_250.giftumblr_mf1gw7TI961rn4qwao5_250.gif

Yes he definitely looks a bit, but I noticed that if you look at the very last few frames before Bernie walks out he looks down at her ankles/legs too, that's why I was a bit disappointed it wasn't Amy-specific behavior. But he was definitely looking.

On a sort of unrelated note (because it's still about clothes :p ) I love his shirt. hehe.

PS How do you make these zoomed-in gifs? They're awesome and really good quality. I've seen a few of yours around.

Edited by spook
  • Like 1

tumblr_mf1gw7TI961rn4qwao1_r2_250.giftumblr_mf1gw7TI961rn4qwao3_250.giftumblr_mf1gw7TI961rn4qwao5_250.gif

What I noticed since the beginning is that he bend himself for looking her better...I think he is not doing same with others. This gif shows this very well.

Bigbangsheldon you should share more of your gif here sometimes...please please :p

Edited by Lissie
  • Like 1

I'm not sure if it can be called ogling, but he certainly seemed to look her up and down with some amount of curiosity, coupled with confusion. Not overt attraction, just curiosity. I think that's all that could be expected of Sheldon, at that point, and it went well with his comment.

His reaction to Penny's 'forever 63' line, on the other hand, was extremely clear and extremely satisfying. He found it as offensive as he would a similar comment against himself. That showed a crucial undertone of protectiveness that he feels for her, as well as a sense of self-identification with her.

• Like 3

I'm not sure if it can be called ogling, but he certainly seemed to look her up and down with some amount of curiosity, coupled with confusion. Not overt attraction, just curiosity. I think that's all that could be expected of Sheldon, at that point, and it went well with his comment.

His reaction to Penny's 'forever 63' line, on the other hand, was extremely clear and extremely satisfying. He found it as offensive as he would a similar comment against himself. That showed a crucial undertone of protectiveness that he feels for her, as well as a sense of self-identification with her.

I like your point of view.

• Like 2

Protectiveness without the influence of alcohol, even.   

• Like 3

The other thing to note is that while Raj is looking like "what the heck?" and Howard is giving her a look liked "ewww"...Sheldon is looking rather pleased.   He isn't smiling as much with his mouth as his eyes (especially in the second frame).   If you look at stills of this, you can see it much better.  The other two guys look totally disgusted with Amy's outfit, but he looks very happy with it. :D

Now that they have taped the other two (the harassment one and the Star Trek aborted Comic Con trip) what do you think they will do next? 

It seems they have focused on showing Sheldon turning from a toddler or small child into a man this season and it all stems from that very first premiere episode where he tells Amy the Spiderman speech about how he knows the kind of man he wants to be (for her).   I see that this season has been about him working toward trying to be that man.   So where do you think they will go next in say the next three episodes?

Edited by stardustmelody

The other thing to note is that while Raj is looking like "what the heck?" and Howard is giving her a look liked "ewww"...Sheldon is looking rather pleased.   He isn't smiling as much with his mouth as his eyes (especially in the second frame).   If you look at stills of this, you can see it much better.  The other two guys look totally disgusted with Amy's outfit, but he looks very happy with it. :D

Now that they have taped the other two (the harassment one and the Star Trek aborted Comic Con trip) what do you think they will do next? 

It seems they have focused on showing Sheldon turning from a toddler or small child into a man this season and it all stems from that very first premiere episode where he tells Amy the Spiderman speech about how he knows the kind of man he wants to be (for her).   I see that this season has been about him working toward trying to be that man.   So where do you think they will go next in say the next three episodes?

I don't know that anything major will happen before February sweeps. I think the next ep might be a Shamy-centered one since they always seem to go Shamy-nothing-Lenny-nothing-Shamy, but I don't know if there'll be any substantial movement until February.

But another thing I've noticed this season is that there are moments where he's essentially put into similar situations with her as he was in previous seasons, and where in previous seasons he screwed up or acted like a jer, this season he is doing the opposite. For example, the funeral vs Amy's aunt's birthday party, using the relationship agreement to his benefit vs. disregarding it to take care of her, etc. Actually, that's something that seems like a common theme with Sheldon, even in earlier seasons: when Amy wanted him to meet her mother he told Leonard that if he wanted a girlfriend he would give him Amy, a season later he karate-chopped Leonard when he inferred they had slept together. So, I think it would be nice if there were a V-day ep where he makes up for the disaster that was their anniversary dinner. I don't know how that would play out, because I think it'd have to be something quirky and unconventional, but I think it'd be nice.

On an unrelated note, I was re-watching the tiara scene last night, and I thought it was so cute how nervous he was when she kept being angry at him even after Penny gave her the bag with the gift. She keeps ranting at him and you can see he swallows and is all nervous that his plan didn't work. Also, I think it goes against any notion that Amy is just laying at his feet in lust, boy she does get pissed and is in no way scared of putting her foot down.

• Like 2

For those who were convinced coitus was going to happen at the end of S6:

Speaking of sex and Sheldon—will he ever lose his virginity? Mayim Bialik’s Amy is determined to get him in the sack, and she is turning up the heat in recent episodes. But might that hookup ruin a good thing? “Maybe so, and we’re mindful of that in the writers room,” Molaro says. “We’re taking their relationship in baby steps and slowly going towards something. But that something—whatever it is—won’t happen for a long time. So don’t worry about it now!

They're going to milk the cow for all that is worth. It also always cracks me up when they try to be vague about it... "something... whatever it is..." lol. right. Don't worry Steven, your secret is safe with us. 

tumblr_m6gmgmagqi1rvgh3wo1_500_large.gif

Edited by spook
  • Like 1

So where do you think they will go next in say the next three episodes?

We haven't seen Mary Cooper since S/A became officially a couple.  I'm anxious for them to show how she interacts with them both now that they're in a relationship.  She might push him forward a bit, maybe probe him for how he feels about Amy or encourage/manipulate him into hugging or possibly even kissing Amy.

For those who were convinced coitus was going to happen at the end of S6:

---- Speaking of sex and Sheldon—will he ever lose his virginity? Mayim Bialik’s Amy is determined to get him in the sack, and she is turning up the heat in recent episodes. But might that hookup ruin a good thing? “Maybe so, and we’re mindful of that in the writers room,” Molaro says. “We’re taking their relationship in baby steps and slowly going towards something. But that something—whatever it is—won’t happen for a long time. So don’t worry about it now! ----

Yeah, they're way far away from sex, but what is significant to me about that quote is that it should quell any thought of an impending break-up.
  • Like 5

I agree that Sheldon has been reversing many of his thoughtless typical actions which once had the potential to hurt Amy.  This goes to show that at least he is giving a certain amount of conscious thought to what it means to be a good and caring partner and take care of her emotionally, even if the physical aspect of such a partnership is still somewhat of an unexplored mystery for him. 

On an unrelated note, I was re-watching the tiara scene last night, and I thought it was so cute how nervous he was when she kept being angry at him even after Penny gave her the bag with the gift. She keeps ranting at him and you can see he swallows and is all nervous that his plan didn't work. Also, I think it goes against any notion that Amy is just laying at his feet in lust, boy she does get pissed and is in no way scared of putting her foot down.

I can never understand these opposing claims of a) Amy being a doormat to Sheldon, b ) Sheldon being whipped by Amy. There are many times when she has shown him clearly what is not okay and what she will not take, and there are also many ways in which she compromises and goes along with his quirks and barriers and even understands them. Just the fact that BOTH the above 'allegations' can apparently be made about them, should be enough to prove that neither of those allegations are valid, because they each have their strengths and moments in the relationship. 

Edited by Pomita
  • Like 4

I agree that Sheldon has been reversing many of his thoughtless typical actions which once had the potential to hurt Amy.  This goes to show that at least he is giving a certain amount of conscious thought to what it means to be a good and caring partner and take care of her emotionally, even if the physical aspect of such a partnership is still somewhat of an unexplored mystery for him. 

I can never understand these opposing claims of a) Amy being a doormat to Sheldon, b ) Sheldon being whipped by Amy. There are many times when she has shown him clearly what is not okay and what she will not take, and there are also many ways in which she compromises and goes along with his quirks and barriers and even understands them. Just the fact that BOTH the above 'allegations' can apparently be made about them, should be enough to prove that neither of those allegations are valid, because they each have their strengths and moments in the relationship. 

Well stated!

Amy can't be a doormat and dominatrix at the same time. They have shown that their pairing is one of the most unique in TV history. Like Heisenberg's Uncertainty Principle, you know there is a center balance to their relationship, you just don't know where at any moment in time.

It's delightfully complex and I can see why TPTB love it so much. I just hope they won't make it too normal That is what Lenny is for. :icon_biggrin:

Edited by BangerMain
  • Like 2

Like Heisenberg's Uncertainty Principle, you know there is a center balance to their relationship, you just don't know where at any moment in time.

I can't even express how much I love this line. :)

From TV Guide:

Speaking of sex and Sheldon--will he ever lose his virginity? Mayim Bialik's Amy is determined to get him in the sack, and she is turning up the heat in recent episodes. But might that hookup ruin a good thing? "Maybe so, and we're mindful of that in the writers room," Molaro says. "We're taking their relationship in baby steps and slowly going towards something. But that something--whatever it is--won't happen for a long time. So don't worry about it now!"

I actually look at this as a positive thing.  We want them to make progress, which he says they will be making progress, but in baby steps.   He also is clear they don't want to ruin this couple by moving them too quickly.  So this is very encouraging.   I think they are definitely planning this couple end-game and my guess is "marriage" is the "something".  What steps they take before leading there is anyone's guess and coitus may be one of those steps before marrying, but they have made several hints about marriage so I am guessing that is the end-game plan (which fits with Amy's insistence they will be married in exactly four years).   So I am glad they don't want to ruin the integrity of the couple.  :icon_biggrin:

They will have to figure out a way to make sure that the audience is clued in that Sheldon is starting to have similar thoughts as Amy, but just handling them differently.  It will look too one-sided otherwise.  There are already many posters that claim she looks desperate (which I disagree with because she goes along with many of what Sheldon suggests and just gets her enjoyment even if he isn't taking things the same way).  I don't want that "desperate Amy" cry though to start to grow.  So they will have to be careful to balance them a bit more.   :icon_neutral:

This year has been about Sheldon growing as a man.  He has become much more of a man instead of a young boy/toddler and that is because of Amy.  His Spiderman speech clearly supports that he knows the kind of man he wants to be for her...which means he doesn't want to be a boy or a adolescent or toddler.  He wants to be a full-out man and more.  He knows the type of man he wants to be.   So this season, I think will be about Sheldon readying himself for Amy.   It also is about him developing a greater interest in sexual things.  He clearly has been researching and looking into more about sex and exploring the idea of sex.  It doesn't mean he is ready for it, but he is clearly more interested in the topic, which tells me he wants to be a man that can give Amy a full relationship.  I think Sheldon it would be fun if they would show Sheldon is thinking that in a few years he and Amy will marry as well.   It would balance out their desire for each other, without having to rush them into more physical things, and give us lots of feels at the same time.   :icon_mrgreen:

• Like 1