The Shamy Thread! (Season 6 Edition-Spoilers)

MJistheBOMB

I thought Bernie looked just like Cinderella.  The sing-song thing at the end was flirting, or maybe I just want it to be. 

Two things stood out about Sheldon:  he understood the sexual nature of what Howard was doing in the shower, and he said that both Amy and Bernie were brilliant.  Take THAT, people who think Sheldon doesn't respect women!

• Like 5

That's a great question for PaleyFest!

My thoughts exactly, Phanta!

They're taking questions from the live audience and from theater audiences via Twitter, so maybe if we all ask this, one of us will get through? ;)

Oh my gosh...that was such a great episode tonight!   Loved Howardette and Shamy so much in this.   Oh Shelly, you probably had to hide behind your desk and act distracted to keep your tightened pants showing... :icon_redface::icon_lol:  Amy looked so gorgeous that we all know you could not help but notice.   :icon_wink:

Loved Bernie tonight. She was hilarious and Howard's little gallop thing was hilarious.   Bernie was adorable as Cinderella as well.

Well done TBBT...well done!  Very fun. :icon_mrgreen:

• Like 2

Oh my gosh...that was such a great episode tonight!   Loved Howardette and Shamy so much in this.   Oh Shelly, you probably had to hide behind your desk and act distracted to keep your tightened pants showing... :icon_redface::icon_lol:  Amy looked so gorgeous that we all know you could not help but notice.   :icon_wink:

Loved Bernie tonight. She was hilarious and Howard's little gallop thing was hilarious.   Bernie was adorable as Cinderella as well.

Well done TBBT...well done!  Very fun. :icon_mrgreen:

*clap clap clap*

Seeing Howard ride the imaginary pony... I have't loved him that much since he ate the butterfly. Bernie was in rabid wolverine mode. Awesome!

The girls looked so cute! Talking science while still being pretty princesses.

Wine tasting on skid row... Amy needs to plan adventure dates... She has a gift.

Line of the night goes to Leonard. "Like Snoop Dog, but with respect for the police."

With Shamy exchanges like the one at the end of tonight's episode, TPTB can't wait too much longer before Sheldon and Amy's affection is expressed physically.  it's a delicate balance.  They want to torture us as long as they can but if they drag it out too long it'll seem like it's never going to happen, which will make Amy look pathetic.  For now it's still just torture, but TPTB must surely know the time is soon.

• Like 4

Why am I getting a picture of pre-teens who have braces sharing their first kiss and getting their braces caught in each other's mouths?  :icon_lol:  I am trying to figure out how Shamy's kiss can be funny and yet sweet... :icon_lol:   Seriously, they really do need to have all of this lead up to a wonderful finale this season because it has just been too much of a build up to not go there.   They will have a whole bunch of us meeting Monique and Kellee outside the studios to beat up on them if they don't.  :icon_lol::icon_twisted:

• Like 1

Ooo...a twitter campaign...I like it!   :icon_lol:

My son tonight said if the guys really wanted to reach the girls, they should have had Penny come in and talk about how life as a failed actress working as a waitress is incentive enough to go back and hit the books. :icon_lol:

Edited by stardustmelody
  • Like 3

I know I'm a little biased, but I honestly thought Mayim looked the best out of the three girls. She was also the most dramatic transformation. How could Sheldon not want to kiss those pouty red princess lips?! LOL

• Like 1

God, that was totally Mayim in this ep though! haha! She looks SO different! The transformation was spot-on. There are already people commenting on how Sheldon is a jerk in the episode thread, they really don't get it. I thought Leonard in particular was a bit pathetic getting naked right away, at least with Howardette it was clear Bernadette wanted to role play. 

Which leads me to the point below:

I thought Bernie looked just like Cinderella.  The sing-song thing at the end was flirting, or maybe I just want it to be. 

Two things stood out about Sheldon:  he understood the sexual nature of what Howard was doing in the shower, and he said that both Amy and Bernie were brilliant.  Take THAT, people who think Sheldon doesn't respect women!

Exactly! He was SO mature throughout the ep, and especially at the end. Not only he understood all the sexual puns, even the one aboud D.D. Melons!!! But he was respectful and serious about the whole matter. It's just further proof that he isn't sexist, it's just him sprouting out stuff his dad used to say without thinking when he gets all misogynistic. I love that he said Bernadette and Amy are brilliant scientists. I love that he came up with the ideas and saved the day and yet was still Sheldon about it all. There was nothing not to love about him in this episode.

• Like 4

I know I'm a little biased, but I honestly thought Mayim looked the best out of the three girls. She was also the most dramatic transformation. How could Sheldon not want to kiss those pouty red princess lips?! LOL

It definitely was the most dramatic transformation and I agree she was the most beautiful..although Melissa was adorable as well (as Bernie-Cinderella).   Mayim just was radiant and beautiful though.   I don't know how Sheldon could have resisted.  As I said, he must have been sitting at his desk and ignoring her because he knew his reaction was going to be...well pretty evident and wasn't ready to show her that he thinks of her like that.  :icon_redface::icon_lol:

• Like 1

After watching tonight's episode (which, don't get me wrong, I found hilarious), I feel like it's glaringly obvious that TPTB are saturating these post-6.14 eps with Sheldon's little anti-romantic one-liners to throw us off the proverbial scent (or at least that's what they're attempting to do). Mayim playing coy when asked about the future of Shamy's relationship has me even more convinced that they are keeping something big under wraps. Based on comments in other threads and on other sites, it seems like many viewers (including non-Shamy shippers and casual viewers) felt that Sheldon's reaction to Amy in the tag was inconsistent and just plain mean. I'm trying to be more light-hearted in my approach to these annoying little one-liners that are clearly meant to tease us, but there's still a part of me that finds them sad and unnecessary in the midst of all the progress Sheldon and Amy have made as a couple.

Sorry that I'm a negative nelly this evening...lack of sleep makes me grumpy and pessimistic. :(

Edited by Retroluv

I just don't see what was mean about the tag. 

1. It's a tag. It's meant to be funny, nothing more, nothing less.

2. He sang back to her while he was obviously working. He didn't say "No". We didn't get to see his reaction when he first saw her. Do you think Amy would be lying there all happy and teasing if he had been rude to her?

3. It's Sheldon. I would have been very uncomfortable with the implications of a scene where he acts like the other guys do just because his girlfriend doesn't look like his girlfriend anymore.

4. I don't want the first SIK to be in a tag scene. It's going to be such a massive moment for them.

Something is definitely coming up. The amount of mature and sexually aware Sheldon in this second half of the season is outstanding. 

• Like 2

Just read back over my comment and boy was I being dramatic, lol! Mean was the wrong word, Koops, and I agree that it's meant to be funny. It's just...frustrating! :p

I really need to stop reading negative stuff late at night after consuming sugary snacks. Makes me a little loopy.