The Shamy Thread! (Season 6 Edition-Spoilers)

• Replies 11.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The Love Spell Potential Pictures (Just ones with Shamy in them)  

Before we bid adieu to this thread, I think we should take a moment to just gaze at how big this thread is. There are more posts in this thread than there are in Seasons 1-5 boards combined. This thre

I am dying here. What I would not give for a bone saw so I could cut your skulls open and get a good gander at how your brains work!   Only in Shamy shipper land could "Leonard gets a job offer over

Posted Images

It's time to brush your teeth, ladies!!! Haha. I couldn't resist.

Good grief, I actually took that literally and was about to say "I just did!"

• Like 4

I have a question for you.

What do you thinking of that Sheldon's text which he told while playing  that "babes with big boobs" game with Howard:

Mother, warrior-princess, franchise owner.  I hear glass ceilings

shattering all over town.

Isn't that mean,  empowerment of women and  all the invisible barriers disappear..

Especially when Sheldon's character is that woman with big boobs in green "something near nothing" which wields a battle axe as well as any man.

Or am I wrong. If not. Do you remember what Leslie Whinkle (hate her!!)used to  say about him that he is a chauvinistic jerk who wants to bring a woman to bear children and laundry and sitting at home.

That's a BIG prove of his change and maturity.

Yes, glass ceiling means the barriers that stop minorities for rising to power. 

I don't know that Sheldon has necessarily matured about that, in the sense that I don't think he was ever really consciously sexist. I think that when he sprouts misogynistic crap he doesn't even realize he's doing it, he just parrots back what his dad used to say. And it usually has to do with hormones and reproduction. I don't ever recall him saying sexist crap outside of that context. 

Edited by koops

I have a question for you.

What do you thinking of that Sheldon's text which he told while playing  that "babes with big boobs" game with Howard:

Mother, warrior-princess, franchise owner.  I hear glass ceilings

shattering all over town.

Isn't that mean,  empowerment of women and  all the invisible barriers disappear..

Especially when Sheldon's character is that woman with big boobs in green "something near nothing" which wields a battle axe as well as any man.

Or am I wrong. If not. Do you remember what Leslie Whinkle (hate her!!)used to  say about him that he is a chauvinistic jerk who wants to bring a woman to bear children and laundry and sitting at home.

That's a BIG prove of his change and maturity.

I never knew why Leslie felt that Sheldon believed that about women.  He never really showed signs of being the kind of man that believed that women are for bearing children, doing laundry, and sitting home.  I am not sure where she got that impression about him.  If anything, he never treated women that different than men.  He was always condescending to those he felt were not his equal, but he never  assumed they should be stay-at-home moms either.   I do agree that he has matured and grown and seems to show far more respect for women and credit Amy in particular for that change in him, but somewhat Bernadette as well because he does seem to value her intellect as well.  I even credit Penny because she helps him with emotional and interpersonal growth issues and I do think he values her opinion about those matters.   But he has never seemingly indicated that any of them should be stay-at-home moms.  Even Penny, who he feels wastes her life away, he has never indicated that he desired that kind of future for her in all the years she has known him.  If anything, he has tried to encourage her to consider education again and to hone her craft.   I think he has never indicated he thought she was only good for child bearing (even though he has admitted she has the shape for carrying children well).  

So while I agree has matured, I am still not sure where Leslie had that opinion of him. He never showed signs of it from what I could see.

• Like 3

I never knew why Leslie felt that Sheldon believed that about women.  He never really showed signs of being the kind of man that believed that women are for bearing children, doing laundry, and sitting home.  I am not sure where she got that impression about him.  If anything, he never treated women that different than men.  He was always condescending to those he felt were not his equal, but he never  assumed they should be stay-at-home moms either.   I do agree that he has matured and grown and seems to show far more respect for women and credit Amy in particular for that change in him, but somewhat Bernadette as well because he does seem to value her intellect as well.  I even credit Penny because she helps him with emotional and interpersonal growth issues and I do think he values her opinion about those matters.   But he has never seemingly indicated that any of them should be stay-at-home moms.  Even Penny, who he feels wastes her life away, he has never indicated that he desired that kind of future for her in all the years she has known him.  If anything, he has tried to encourage her to consider education again and to hone her craft.   I think he has never indicated he thought she was only good for child bearing (even though he has admitted she has the shape for carrying children well).  

So while I agree has matured, I am still not sure where Leslie had that opinion of him. He never showed signs of it from what I could see.

I think that, she think that way because he has different opinion  in  science than she. I think that is about string theory, but I'm not sure. She must have been assumed that if he's so smarty pants and arrogant in the science and so sure of his opinions that he definitely isn't so respectful to women and wants to pull them back to childbearing, cooking and cleaning. And  that's why she can't stand his  polemics and  corrections and that he was trying to prove that he is right. But even then her continuously being such a bitch to him while he never offended her in any vulgar word is so gross exaggeration. I'm glad that this is over.

But yeah you're right  that he never shown that he don't respect  women, he had never been sexist, and never been offended to any woman, but in this episode is so clearly shown and underlined  like they wanted to use it as an argument and show us that he is more mature thanks to Amy because she is a woman, because he loves her and admires and appreciates her science work and her briliance  and  he admires  Bernie to  for achievements and briliance.

Edited by silverangelD
  • Like 1

It's time to brush your teeth, ladies!!! Haha. I couldn't resist.

:icon_mrgreen: Yeah I just saw your post... :icon_lol:  :icon_lol:  maybe some of us will take with them this picture posted by stardust in their ipods or smartphones to the bathroom, or maybe we can say hello to our little friend and take toothbrushes with us to bedroom,  but make sure that the door is closed. :icon_redface::icon_lol::icon_lol:

:icon_lol: Alrighty then I have something for your toothbrushing time :icon_lol::icon_redface::icon_redface:

tumblrmj4aeyyxvn1rj3cqz.jpg

Edited by silverangelD
  • Like 2

I think that, she think that way because he has different opinion  in  science than she. I think that is about string theory, but I'm not sure. She must have been assumed that if he's so smarty pants and arrogant in the science and so sure of his opinions that he definitely isn't so respectful to women and wants to pull them back to childbearing, cooking and cleaning. And  that's why she can't stand his  polemics and  corrections and that he was trying to prove that he is right. But even then her continuously being such a bitch to him while he never offended her in any vulgar word is so gross exaggeration. I'm glad that this is over.

But yeah you're right  that he never shown that he don't respect  women, he had never been sexist, and never been offended to any woman, but in this episode is so clearly shown and underlined  like they wanted to use it as an argument and show us that he is more mature thanks to Amy because she is a woman, because he loves her and admires and appreciates her science work and her briliance  and  he admires  Bernie to  for achievements and briliance.

Yes, it put to bed any seeds she may have planted in fans heads that Sheldon is sexist and that was good.  He definitely showed he can admire women and respect their brilliance and achievements.

• Like 2

Leslie's comment about Sheldon's sexism in season 1 mystified me, too, because we never saw Sheldon actually present any such opinion. I thought maybe the feud between them was based on some such implication on Sheldon's part, and it didn't make me happy (this as early on, when I had just started watching the show). However, season 2 quickly clarified the real issue - Sheldon was contemptuous of Leslie because she fanatically believed in her field (loop quantum gravity) while he fanatically believed in his (string theory). And believe me, things can get heated up between proponents of these two competing theories of unification, I've seen it happen at conference dinner tables. :p

I believe this was the main point of contention between them; other than that, Sheldon may have made some thoughtlessly sexist comments to her (quoting his father), during the course of their quarrels. There was no lack of insults from Leslie's side, either (Dr. Dumbass!)

Anyway, the last episode most definitely clarified Sheldon's conscious stand on sexism and science careers for women. The plea for a gender-blind society a la Star Trek just about capped it. 

Phanta - ouch, that sounds bad. Hope it heals soon!

Edited by Pomita
  • Like 2

Some of the sexism concerns were from The Egg Salad Equivalency, which as some of you said seems to be just him parrotting what his father said.  There was also the comment about soy milk turning Leonard into a "hysterical woman" but that was a one-off IMO.

I have to tell you guys this, especially Spook.  I just got back from a 2-day visit with my brother and his wife and 4 kids (ages 7, 6, 3, and 3 months).  The only time I had internet access during the trip, naturally I checked this site.  My 7-year old niece came up behind me and saw Spook's signature, and got all excited.  She said, " 'Don't feed the trolls!'?  Trolls are real?!"  I convinced her it's just a joke, but it cracked me up.  :icon_lol:

• Like 3

:icon_mrgreen: Yeah I just saw your post... :icon_lol::icon_lol: maybe some of us will take with them this picture posted by stardust in their ipods or smartphones to the bathroom, or maybe we can say hello to our little friend and take toothbrushes with us to bedroom, but make sure that the door is closed. :icon_redface::icon_lol: :icon_lol:

:icon_lol: Alrighty then I have something for your toothbrushing time :icon_lol::icon_redface: :icon_redface:

I've never seen this picture before. I like ;)

:icon_mrgreen: Yeah I just saw your post... :icon_lol:  :icon_lol:  maybe some of us will take with them this picture posted by stardust in their ipods or smartphones to the bathroom, or maybe we can say hello to our little friend and take toothbrushes with us to bedroom,  but make sure that the door is closed. :icon_redface::icon_lol: :icon_lol:

:icon_lol: Alrighty then I have something for your toothbrushing time :icon_lol::icon_redface: :icon_redface:

I recently watched a video clip of Kunal on that talk show with Sara Gilbert where he was talking about the scene where he was in his tightie whities, eating lobster. He said he wore two pairs of flesh-colored briefs under the white briefs.

I'd love to hear JP talk about what he wears under his underpants. :D

• Like 3

I thought Kunal's underwear looked pretty thick. LOL. My mom said, "it looks like he's wearing a diaper." LOL!

LOL!  She is right though...he did look like he was wearing a diaper.  It looked bad.  LOL!   Jim, however, looks marvelous in that photo.  LOL!  

• Like 1

Some of the sexism concerns were from The Egg Salad Equivalency, which as some of you said seems to be just him parrotting what his father said.  There was also the comment about soy milk turning Leonard into a "hysterical woman" but that was a one-off IMO.

I have to tell you guys this, especially Spook.  I just got back from a 2-day visit with my brother and his wife and 4 kids (ages 7, 6, 3, and 3 months).  The only time I had internet access during the trip, naturally I checked this site.  My 7-year old niece came up behind me and saw Spook's signature, and got all excited.  She said, " 'Don't feed the trolls!'?  Trolls are real?!"  I convinced her it's just a joke, but it cracked me up.  :icon_lol:

haha I'm glad I brighten the day of young kids! Too bad you had to burst her bubble about trolls being real :p

• Like 1

Thanks, that's one of my favorite pictures of him.. his slightly smiling, parted-lips expression is divine. I swear, seeing his face suddenly in close-up makes me stop breathing for a moment. :icon_redface:

I would be zapped if the Shamy exchanged those wedding rings!

tmp, maybe you should have told your niece that trolls are real. They feel pretty real sometimes. :icon_wink:

I find it interesting that Jim seems to layer his clothes,  much like Sheldon does. He always has a t-shirt on under his shirt. Is this the usual practice in the US, or one of his quirks?

• Like 1