The Shamy Thread! (Season 6 Edition-Spoilers)

• Replies 11.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The Love Spell Potential Pictures (Just ones with Shamy in them)  

Before we bid adieu to this thread, I think we should take a moment to just gaze at how big this thread is. There are more posts in this thread than there are in Seasons 1-5 boards combined. This thre

I am dying here. What I would not give for a bone saw so I could cut your skulls open and get a good gander at how your brains work!   Only in Shamy shipper land could "Leonard gets a job offer over

Posted Images

I have a small question. I know when Sheldon had feelings for Amy (the 25 cats, of course) but can any one tell me when Amy showed her feelings for him? ^^

I don't know about everyone else but for me it was Herb Garden. I think it was that look she had after he called her a Vixen that sold it to me. Though obviously when she was drunk the episode after it became more obvious that she had probably been hiding something for a while :p

• Like 2

I have a small question. I know when Sheldon had feelings for Amy (the 25 cats, of course) but can any one tell me when Amy showed her feelings for him? ^^

She never told him words I love you, but she showed him her feelings many times, when she is so patience to him, when she watched with him movies which he like, when she told him that he don't needed to gave her present on V-day. And then when she says that his quirks and phobias are sweet as a button.  When she look at him in that special way, and that look says, I love you  and I want you with everything you are. :wub:

• Like 1

I don't know about everyone else but for me it was Herb Garden. I think it was that look she had after he called her a Vixen that sold it to me. Though obviously when she was drunk the episode after it became more obvious that she had probably been hiding something for a while :p

Yes, I agree it was that one to me that made me perk up. She had the look of the girl who just got a compliment out of her crush. Then she was totally flirting with him as soon as she got drunk in the next episode. Again, classic move by someone who doesn't have the guts to say anything: wait until you're drunk, then you can blame it on the alcohol. Which she did the next day.

eta: Because I'm nothing if not thorough in my research, I actually started watching the episodes backwards from THGG to see if there's any signs of Amy displaying crush-symptoms before that. I haven't found any so far, but I did stumble upon the scene in The Toast Derivation where Sheldon's at the Cheesecake Factory talking to Penny and his phone rings and he takes it out and goes "Oh, I have to take this", when Amy calls him. I love this "Oh, I have to take this." as if he would have just ignored the call had it been anybody else. Whipped already way before the relationship was even remotely on the horizon :p

Edited by koops
  • Like 4

Thank you Silverangel for the lovely pics of Jim.  Love his blue eyes!   Egads the eyes and lips get me every time!   :wub:

http://www.facebook....&type=1

Could these be Shamy wedding rings?

Cat, I do think those would be awesome (although probably look bad if not kept  clean) for Shamy.  Shamy are very fastidious in their hygiene so they would likely keep their rings clean. ;)

Now the ideal morning would be to wake up to these two:

jim-parsons-big-bang-480x352.jpg    matthew_goode-leap_year-1.jpg

• Like 2

That's a good question.  We have seen the relationship have an impact on Sheldon several times, like with the cats, the Wheaton etc.  To me it seems like Amy has had more of a "I have a boyfriend" so these are the things that you do with a boyfriend.  The only example I can think of is when Sheldon chose not to attend Amy's relative's birthday party.  She seemed very dismayed, and voiced that she wanted him to treat her better. Even the most recent episode of the Spoiler Alert, she got angry but to me it was more from the fact that she wasn't getting to move in with Sheldon, and not really that much to do with the emotional side of their relationship. We have heard Sheldon say that he is very fond of Amy, but the most that we have from Amy is that her loins burn for him or something like that. Hahha.  Anyway, great question, it will be intersting to read others take on this.

Anyway,  it would hard to pinpoint where Amy started having these feelings for Sheldon, my guess would be after the Dissection Agreement kiss.  She had held his hand before and didn't "feel" any arousal, and with the kiss, she had the chance to see if there was something there. 

Wait, are we talking about when she STARTED showing that she was into him or when she's shown feelings overall? 

Because feelings overall there are quite a few, although she was never jealous like he was. But she's been gushing over him for a good 1 1/2 years now whenever she's with Penny and Bernadette.

Well she did show a little bit of jealousy with Alex...remember and leaving her scent all over his office?   Bottom line, Sheldon has never given her a reason to be jealous, but she has definitely proven her love for him over and over with her patience, her self-sacrifice often, and by loving his idiosyncrasies.  I think with Sheldon, he immediately took to her, thus the reason he was texting her, etc. from the moment they met.   With her, she eased into it.  I think once she realized she was capable of having more than friendship feelings at all (thanks to Zack...she realized she could be drawn physically to someone), she gradually started building an attraction to  Sheldon.   Neither were really looking to fall in love with someone, but I think he definitely showed signs by Zazzles and with her it was more gradual.I think by THGG episode she was getting smitten because of the way she flirted with him while drinking tea.  

• Like 5

Wait, are we talking about when she STARTED showing that she was into him or when she's shown feelings overall? 

Because feelings overall there are quite a few, although she was never jealous like he was. But she's been gushing over him for a good 1 1/2 years now whenever she's with Penny and Bernadette.

My fault, I made it confusing.  I think the OP question was just when did Amy start showing her feelings.  I kind of went of on a tangent, because it interest me in the way that their relationship affects both of them.  Example, when Amy was upset that Bernie and Penny went shopping without her, she needed comforting, she drinks because she was sad, and even when she speaks to both of the girls you can tell she is distressed.  I was just wondering if we have ever seen her that way toward Sheldon....

My fault, I made it confusing.  I think the OP question was just when did Amy start showing her feelings.  I kind of went of on a tangent, because it interest me in the way that their relationship affects both of them.  Example, when Amy was upset that Bernie and Penny went shopping without her, she needed comforting, she drinks because she was sad, and even when she speaks to both of the girls you can tell she is distressed.  I was just wondering if we have ever seen her that way toward Sheldon....

True, I think the writers are avoiding that scenario with Sheldon because the point of their relationship is that they (mostly) get each other. Sheldon would have to do something REALLY awful for her to get really upset I think, because the way he is normally he would already make most people upset all the time but she doesn't, obviously. I also think they avoid that because Amy has to put up with a lot already in the eyes of the audience, and they don't want to add to that something serious. They might at some point though.

• Like 4

She acted a bit distressed when he seemingly took Wil's side (in her mind) over her's during the filming of FWF.  We saw her upset when he wouldn't attend her great aunt's birthday party and she went to Penny asking how to get him to like her better.   She clearly was upset with what a coward he was to not allow her to move in with him.   I think she handles her "upset" different than Sheldon to be honest so you are not going to see her react the same way.   I think the reason she was so upset about her gal pals is because she honestly thought she was being accepted by them and felt rejected.  I don't think Sheldon has ever made her feel totally rejected.

Thanks @koops and @stardustmelody!  I always enjoy both of your insights.

Koops, maybe you're right. That makes sense that the writers will play her reactions very carefully as not to have Amy with the wrong type of sympathtic reactions from the audience.

• Like 1

The herb garden for me as well, they were conspiring against the others and it was fun to see that side of them :) at the end if the scene when they bumped cups they were both looking very pleased with themselves and each other

Edited by rachygd

Thank you Silverangel for the lovely pics of Jim.  Love his blue eyes!   Egads the eyes and lips get me every time!   :wub:

Cat, I do think those would be awesome (although probably look bad if not kept  clean) for Shamy.  Shamy are very fastidious in their hygiene so they would likely keep their rings clean. ;)

Now the ideal morning would be to wake up to these two:

jim-parsons-big-bang-480x352.jpg    matthew_goode-leap_year-1.jpg

Oh my pleasure. I love his eyes. Oh it's a good idea but I think that there's more of us, who will want to wake up with these two, but I'm humble I will take Jim. :icon_lol::icon_redface:

I got poem for you, one of my favorite written by poet from my country

The sweetest  eyes, with which on earth

love looked on the human heart,

with wonderful stars on my way.

From under the arches of your eyebrows they flashed at me from far away.

Each of  us, on who your sight will fall

Absorbs from your pupils rays of the light,                          

And on my heart,  falls only

Cypress shadows of your long  lashes

English is not my first language so I hope that I transated it well

• Like 1

Oh my pleasure. I love his eyes. Oh it's a good idea but I think that there's more of us, who will want to wake up with these two, but I'm humble I will take Jim. :icon_lol::icon_redface:

I got poem for you, one of my favorite written by poet from my country

The sweetest  eyes, with which on earth

love looked on the human heart,

with wonderful stars on my way.

From under the arches of your eyebrows they flashed at me from far away.

Each of  us, on who your sight will fall

Absorbs from your pupils rays of the light,                          

And on my heart,  falls only

Cypress shadows of your long  lashes

English is not my first language so I hope that I transated it well

It translated well...very beautiful!   Yes, both are amazing, but I love Jim's personality so much that we will have to agree to share him. :icon_wink::icon_mrgreen:   Matthew could be our boytoy. :icon_lol:

Well she did show a little bit of jealousy with Alex...remember and leaving her scent all over his office?   Bottom line, Sheldon has never given her a reason to be jealous, but she has definitely proven her love for him over and over with her patience, her self-sacrifice often, and by loving his idiosyncrasies.  I think with Sheldon, he immediately took to her, thus the reason he was texting her, etc. from the moment they met.   With her, she eased into it.  I think once she realized she was capable of having more than friendship feelings at all (thanks to Zack...she realized she could be drawn physically to someone), she gradually started building an attraction to  Sheldon.   Neither were really looking to fall in love with someone, but I think he definitely showed signs by Zazzles and with her it was more gradual.I think by THGG episode she was getting smitten because of the way she flirted with him while drinking tea.  

True, I think the writers are avoiding that scenario with Sheldon because the point of their relationship is that they (mostly) get each other. Sheldon would have to do something REALLY awful for her to get really upset I think, because the way he is normally he would already make most people upset all the time but she doesn't, obviously. I also think they avoid that because Amy has to put up with a lot already in the eyes of the audience, and they don't want to add to that something serious. They might at some point though.

She acted a bit distressed when he seemingly took Wil's side (in her mind) over her's during the filming of FWF.  We saw her upset when he wouldn't attend her great aunt's birthday party and she went to Penny asking how to get him to like her better.   She clearly was upset with what a coward he was to not allow her to move in with him.   I think she handles her "upset" different than Sheldon to be honest so you are not going to see her react the same way.   I think the reason she was so upset about her gal pals is because she honestly thought she was being accepted by them and felt rejected.  I don't think Sheldon has ever made her feel totally rejected.

I agree with both of you.

There's nothing more to add. Beside that, what they do for each other is really full of love. Like we said many times he is changing thanks to her, and she is so patience and so trustful  and love is in the air when they had their intimate moments.They forgive to each other many things but there's not so many reasons to be upset about.

I think that she was into him from that moment when she saw him in that coffe shop for the first time, remember her smile,  and the way they look at each other, they knew that they are soulmates. But something more had begun after herb garden episode.

Edited by silverangelD

It translated well...very beautiful! Yes, both are amazing, but I love Jim's personality so much that we will have to agree to share him. :icon_wink::icon_mrgreen: Matthew could be our boytoy. :icon_lol:

Thank you. Translating poetry is difficult because there must be whole spirit and whole sense showed in this. So I was not sure.

As to the BOYS... yes we can share him :icon_mrgreen::icon_redface::icon_lol: and we can share our love to him because I know exactly how you feel, And I think that you love not only his pesonality... but something more, and when we :icon_redface::icon_lol: could wake up with him in the morning .. we both wouldn't need wings, because we wouldn't want to fly away from his heaven . :wub: :D

Edited by silverangelD

I agree with both of you.

There's nothing more to add. Beside that, what they do for each other is really full of love. Like we said many times he is changing thanks to her, and she is so patience and so trustful  and love is in the air when they had their intimate moments.They forgive to each other many things but there's not so many reasons to be upset about.

I think that she was into him from that moment when she saw him in that coffe shop for the first time, remember her smile,  and the way they look at each other, they knew that they are soulmates. But something more had begun after herb garden episode.

You know, it's funny you mention that. Having watched the show out of order for so long, I was already pretty familiar with Amy by the time I came online and read up on how they developed her. It is funny for me to think that that scene in the coffee shop was meant to be like a "trial run" if you will. Because they were only planning to have her come back for a couple of eps and see how it worked out. But the way that scene is shot, like you said, there's something very immediate right there and then that these two were just meant to be. The way they had them being taken aback by the other, especially Sheldon, and be suddenly intrigued by another person in a way we have NEVER seen Sheldon be and I assume Amy wasn't meant to have been either since she was essentially meant to be a Sheldon.

It's just funny for me to think that this was their idea of a "potential love interest" because to me it was like soulmates bells right from the start. 

• Like 4

You know, it's funny you mention that. Having watched the show out of order for so long, I was already pretty familiar with Amy by the time I came online and read up on how they developed her. It is funny for me to think that that scene in the coffee shop was meant to be like a "trial run" if you will. Because they were only planning to have her come back for a couple of eps and see how it worked out. But the way that scene is shot, like you said, there's something very immediate right there and then that these two were just meant to be. The way they had them being taken aback by the other, especially Sheldon, and be suddenly intrigued by another person in a way we have NEVER seen Sheldon be and I assume Amy wasn't meant to have been either since she was essentially meant to be a Sheldon.

It's just funny for me to think that this was their idea of a "potential love interest" because to me it was like soulmates bells right from the start. 

I totally agree. Even when I first watched that when it was first aired, I thought immediately that she was it.  She was his soul-mate and future mate.   They just had an immediate chemistry and an immediate connection.  You especially saw it in Sheldon, but I took it as we knew his character already and that is why it was obvious in him.  She was just introduced so we could see she was interested, but wasn't sure about who she was other than the glimpse they gave us. 

But now when I go back and look at those episodes, I could see what the producers must have seen, instant chemistry!  I think they knew immediately that there was something that Jim and Mayim brought to the table playing them in that scene that clicked and therefore it was going to be clear they were likely going to extend a contract.  They probably wanted to see how the first couple of episodes following panned out before making the offer, but Zazzles sealed it with them.

I love playing that early scene now because it holds so much more meaning.

• Like 2

Did people get a similar feeling with Bernadette and Howard? I know that I'm not really getting one with Raj and Lucy right now. I think she might grow to convince me she's it if they keep her around, but it just don't have that sense of immediacy. I had more of a "she's it" feeling with Bernadette. Although nothing compared to Shamy. I think their first meeting is going to go down as an iconic scene.

I liked how Sheldon was so adamant about not going to meet Amy, so it was definitely noticable that something had changed when he asked to buy her a beverage.  That was a cute Shamy scene.

• Like 1