The Shamy Thread! (Season 6 Edition-Spoilers)

Did people get a similar feeling with Bernadette and Howard? I know that I'm not really getting one with Raj and Lucy right now. I think she might grow to convince me she's it if they keep her around, but it just don't have that sense of immediacy. I had more of a "she's it" feeling with Bernadette. Although nothing compared to Shamy. I think their first meeting is going to go down as an iconic scene.

I like Raj and Lucy, but know what you mean.  I actually think Kate was tyring to create some chemistry on her side, but Kunal didn't seem into the scene as much.  I don't know, but he doesn't seem to be putting out the chemistry like he did with Kaley or Melissa.   Maybe that will come, or perhaps he is purposely not bringing it on because that isn't where the long-term story is supposed to go? I really don't know why, but I feel him holding back or just not being into her that much.   Kate I think is trying, though. 

I liked Bernadette immediately,even in the car when they first were struggling to find something in common, but you could tell that there was a chemistry there.   So I know what you mean.  It wasn't as strong as Shamy, but it was there. 

• Replies 11.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The Love Spell Potential Pictures (Just ones with Shamy in them)  

Before we bid adieu to this thread, I think we should take a moment to just gaze at how big this thread is. There are more posts in this thread than there are in Seasons 1-5 boards combined. This thre

I am dying here. What I would not give for a bone saw so I could cut your skulls open and get a good gander at how your brains work!   Only in Shamy shipper land could "Leonard gets a job offer over

Posted Images

I love the look on his face when she said about no coitus it was like he had found his equal

It was, but at the same time I got the sense he felt it was also a challenge. I think it was more that he found her a challenge in a way.   Sure she sounded like she was like him...but no woman had ever presented him with a challenge in a way and that was what excited him as well.   I think Sheldon loves to be challenged.    :icon_wink::icon_lol:

• Like 1

Stardust, you're killing me with the pictures. In a good way. Don't stop. :)

Lovely poem, Silver!

About the first time we got to see a glimpse of Amy's feelings for Sheldon.. I'll go with Herb Garden and Agreement Dissection, too. She was most definitely flirting with him, back then, and there was so much embarrassed pleasure in her eyes when Sheldon called her a vixen, like a schoolgirl getting a compliment from her crush. (Ah, nostalgia.. those were the episodes which started me having feelings for them, too). :wub:

Their first meeting in the season 3 finale was entirely momentous, and it was so befitting that it was in a finale. There was an instant and deep connection, and when I go back and watch it now, in an odd way it makes me feel as warm and sentimental as remembering the day I first met my husband.

It's delightful to think in retrospect, and even to hear Jim's take on that scene in his old (pre-season 4) interviews.. I love the one with Ausiello, in which he says 'with a few innocuous, unconnecting emotionally sentences, they I think make a connection', and also wishes that sweet Blossom would be back.

Neither Sheldon, nor Jim, nor the audience, knew back then how much they were going to be left wondering 'what hit me on the head?' :)

Edited by Pomita
  • Like 4

I would like to see Amy conduct another "experiment" in which she plays it extremely cool and aloof with Sheldon to elicit the opposite from him. If she suddenly became emotionally unavailable or was just "too busy" for him, would he crave her even more? I think so. :)

Maybe it's too manipulative, and I wouldn't want Amy to be accused of that, but I think it might be a believable way to get Sheldon to make a move. ;)

Edited by Retroluv
  • Like 1

Stardust, you're killing me with the pictures. In a good way. Don't stop. :)

Lovely poem, Silver!

About the first time we got to see a glimpse of Amy's feelings for Sheldon.. I'll go with Herb Garden and Agreement Dissection, too. She was most definitely flirting with him, back then, and there was so much embarrassed pleasure in her eyes when Sheldon called her a vixen, like a schoolgirl getting a compliment from her crush. (Ah, nostalgia.. those were the episodes which started me having feelings for them, too). :wub:

Their first meeting in the season 3 finale was entirely momentous, and it was so befitting that it was in a finale. There was an instant and deep connection, and when I go back and watch it now, in an odd way it makes me feel as warm and sentimental as remembering the day I first met my husband.

It's delightful to think in retrospect, and even to hear Jim's take on that scene in his old (pre-season 4) interviews.. I love the one with Ausiello, in which he says 'with a few innocuous, unconnecting emotionally sentences, they I think make a connection', and also wishes that sweet Blossom would be back.

Neither Sheldon, nor Jim, nor the audience, knew back then how much they were going to be left wondering 'what hit me on the head?' :)

Thanks Pomita, and I agree, with  you she's killing me with those pictures too.

I got to watch this interview.

As to Amy and Sheldon, and The Herb Garden I noticed after that conversation with Leonard after that: yeah, you dog, you....when Sheldon talks to her via skype he's so radiant and it shows that he enjoy's that whole experiment, that it gives him satisfaction like he said, and in that moment she just had to say "stop Sheldon we are not quite there yet." and that pun conversation ... I think that he knew well what that puns means, it's like he just teasing with her. I like when she tells him that when Bernadette ask her about details, and that :Interesting. So it went beyond the mere fact of coitus to a "blow by blow" as it were.

Pun intended?...I'm sorry. What pun? He knew exactly what is all about, it is in his face, but he's teasing with her like: yeah I like it but don't get any ideas, not yet... but he enjoys it, it is in his face. When they talk about this experment and when he  said you're vixen Amy it was like  if they both entered the forbidden garden, and were as teenagers who  the first time fell in love and enjoy this.

Edited by silverangelD
  • Like 1

I would like to see Amy conduct another "experiment" in which she plays it extremely cool and aloof with Sheldon to elicit the opposite from him. If she suddenly become emotionally unavailable or was just "too busy" for him, would he crave her even more? I think so. :)

Maybe it's too manipulative, and I wouldn't want Amy to be accused of that, but I think it might be a believable way to get Sheldon to make a move. ;)

Maybe it would work... to an extent. But I think it is a bit to immature for Amy, playing the hard to get card.

And also, "NEVER PLAY HARD GOT GET WITH A MAN WHO'S HARD TO GET!!!!!"    :icon_razz:

• Like 1

Maybe it would work... to an extent. But I think it is a bit to immature for Amy, playing the hard to get card.

And also, "NEVER PLAY HARD GOT GET WITH A MAN WHO'S HARD TO GET!!!!!"    :icon_razz:

Hahaha, indeed!  Sheldon is already "a flight risk" .  I wonder if Amy will understand how to be "unavailable" to Sheldon.  It seems even if they cannot see each other in person they skype...also remember the episode when Penny "taught" Amy how to make a scene to make Sheldon treat her better?  As soon as Sheldon offered those Cooper Coupons she got excited and caved. Hahaha

On a side not about that same scene,  loved how Sheldon got his ass of the couch with a quicknes(abandoning the game) when he heard Amy mention another guy....hahha too funny.

Edited by ShamyFTW

I would like to see Amy conduct another "experiment" in which she plays it extremely cool and aloof with Sheldon to elicit the opposite from him. If she suddenly become emotionally unavailable or was just "too busy" for him, would he crave her even more? I think so. :)

I don't think Amy would ever manipulate Sheldon, but I could see an episode where she's suddenly overwhelmed with work and can barely get enough time to eat and sleep and really struggles seeing him or talking to him. I think he'd start climbing the walls. You remember how anxious he was getting during TIP, can you imagine now?

Hahaha, indeed!  Sheldon is already "a flight risk" .  I wonder if Amy will understand how to be "unavailable" to Sheldon.  It seems even if they cannot see each other in person they skype...also remember the episode when Penny "taught" Amy how to make a scene to make Sheldon treat her better?  As soon as Sheldon offered those Cooper Coupons she got excited and caved. Hahaha

On a side not about that same scene,  loved how Sheldon got his ass of the couch with a quicknes(abandoning the game) when he heard Amy mention another guy....hahha too funny.

I also love that, in his own, narcissistic way, he got what she was upset about and understood and was ready to leave the games to make it up to her by going to the Science Center. When Leonard uses the whip app and he's all "Grow up, Leonard!". He always says that when Leonard teases him about him and Amy, I love it. 

On another note, I was PM with Lio on the other forum about the recent spoilers and we were commenting on how huge it is that Sheldon reassures Amy immediately that he never had sex with anyone let alone cheated on her. He's essentially saying he understands that a relationship is about sexual monogamy, and that Amy has dibs on that ;) lol. I can't believe Amy didn't pick up on all the cues in that conversation and was still sullen at the end. 

• Like 4

Well she did show a little bit of jealousy with Alex...remember and leaving her scent all over his office?   Bottom line, Sheldon has never given her a reason to be jealous, but she has definitely proven her love for him over and over with her patience, her self-sacrifice often, and by loving his idiosyncrasies.  I think with Sheldon, he immediately took to her, thus the reason he was texting her, etc. from the moment they met.   With her, she eased into it.  I think once she realized she was capable of having more than friendship feelings at all (thanks to Zack...she realized she could be drawn physically to someone), she gradually started building an attraction to  Sheldon.   Neither were really looking to fall in love with someone, but I think he definitely showed signs by Zazzles and with her it was more gradual.I think by THGG episode she was getting smitten because of the way she flirted with him while drinking tea.  

I wonder when did Sheldon realize he was cabable of having more than friendship feelings towards Amy? :icon_redface:  When do you think it happened?

I wonder if Amy sensed something back then in zazzles episode, what kind of impact she had had on Sheldon? What did she think about Sheldon suddenly having 25 cats in his house, did she realize she had had so great impact on him that he needed all those cats to comfort him after they had broke up? I Remember when Sheldon told to his mother in 05x06 that all that hair on his chest filled in the previous year (surprise... the year he started "dating" Amy) - so his hormone levels really started to increase in him back then. I know she definetly had a great impact on him.

What I think about Sheldon's impact on Amy has been, on a positive side, is that I think Amy is more capable to feel and love like a woman does, and I mean this really in a good and positive way. When she first met him, she was really "the female Sheldon" so to speak, immature in so many levels, but I think his affection for her has matured her side as a woman, her womanhood. I really do think there has been an impact by Penny's and Bernadette's company but... What I mean is that I do think she is enjoys her womanhood now much more than earlier, in his company and by the impact of it.  I am not sure, I don't know, if she has been capable to enjoy her womanhood earlier that much before Sheldon (and Penny & Bernie) because of her earlier life which we know wasn't so easy. But I think she enjoys her womanhood now much more by his side and is enjoying to be his woman. Although he hasn't showed it much/told her directly, I think Amy feels and knows she is loved by Sheldon. She knows it in her heart.

I love the look on his face when she said about no coitus it was like he had found his equal

I love someone pointed out that Amy challenged Sheldon back then. I don't know how would he react, if she denided coitus from him now (but we would know Amy had some monkey business there going on but still)? How would it affect to him? Would he find it a challenge anymore? Amy telling him she doesn't want him that way... would it cause him to struggle more to get her opinion about it changed, and if, how? :icon_redface:

• Like 2

Thanks, that's one of my favorite pictures of him.. his slightly smiling, parted-lips expression is divine. I swear, seeing his face suddenly in close-up makes me stop breathing for a moment. :icon_redface:

I would be zapped if the Shamy exchanged those wedding rings!

tmp, maybe you should have told your niece that trolls are real. They feel pretty real sometimes. :icon_wink:

I find it interesting that Jim seems to layer his clothes,  much like Sheldon does. He always has a t-shirt on under his shirt. Is this the usual practice in the US, or one of his quirks?

I think that Sheldon's layering is somewhat different than the way other men wear undershirts.

I don't know about most younger men, but I know my dad has always worn an undershirt (white) under his shirts, especially back before he retired. I'm pretty sure he still wears a t-shirt under whatever shirt he's wearing.

But Sheldon's double layer is different. I don't think he wears an additional undershirt under his longer sleeved shirt, and wearing the longer sleeved shirt under his graphic t-shirts is a personal quirk. I don't know if we've ever seen for sure, but I would bet he wears a regular undershirt whenever he wears a dress shirt.

The black t-shirt Jim is wearing in that photo looks to me to be an undershirt, but it just happens to be black.

I was just wondering this weekend about guys wearing undershirts because at the handbell festival I was at, there was an older man (older than me, anyway) who was wearing a white undershirt under the colored t-shirt he was wearing as part of his group. You could see the edges of the undershirt at his sleeve and along the bottom. I wondered why he would wear a t-shirt under a t-shirt.

I don't know if it's a sweat thing (since most guys are stinkier and sweater than most women) and they don't want sweat getting on their good shirts, or if it's to keep their chest hair from showing through their dress shirts, or what.

Thank  you for the photos.  Pink never looked so good!  :icon_lol::p  

Cat, I think she was a challenge to him and I can't envision a scenario where she would deny him anything at this point because she truly has fallen deeply in love with him and vice versa. I agree that I think there is a part of her deep down that knows he is in love with her, but as a woman, she still has her moments of doubt and insecurity rise to the surface.   That is bound to happen.  But her confidence in telling Bernadette that in exactly four years (at the beginning of the season 6.02 episode) they would be getting married tells me that she is fully confident that he will marry her and want to marry her (meaning he loves her enough to marry her).   So there is some level of understanding within her about his feelings for her.  

Sheldon still is very concerned about losing her.  He is very insecure for some reason and I am not sure where that stems from other than the time she mentioned it in 6.01.  But she has never really up to then and since then threatened him so I am curious why he feels so insecure. I think again a lot of this is because of his fears.  He knows at some point he has to man up and get physical, but he is worried he might lose her before he gets to that point.  

Sheldon has expressed his feelings for Amy through many acts, the most dramatic of course was very early in their relationship with Zazzles and his 24 other kitties.   But he seemed put out when she mentioned Faisal;  karate chopped Leonard for a statement made and misunderstood; he waited around for Amy while he supposedly set she and Zack up for a tyrst (which I have always believed he knew she would never truly go through with) and then allowed her to hold his hand; he became very jealous over Stuart and asked her to become his girlfriend (which was HUGE for Sheldon), he bought the girl a tiara for goodness sakes, he jumped up immediately and offered the Cooper coupons when Amy threatened about Armando; he confronted Wil and well I think he has shown us plenty of times that he has deep feelings for her and his on unique way of affection for her.   But what I think viewers are hoping to see him show more of is what we got a glimpse of in TLA and that is that the guy gets aroused by her.   They need to give more evidence of that because no one wants to see Amy stuck in a sexless relationship even if they are perfect in every other way.   We want to see her completely fulfilled in her love for him and vice versa.  

I do agree that he has become more of a man (both probably hormonally as well as emotionally) and she has become more of a woman through their relationship.   You can see it in both. :wub:

• Like 1

We girls just can't get enough of him.  He is probably in most of the threads.  LOL!   I will try to tone it down.  I know that some were needing a little "boost" today and well, I stick mainly to this thread and not many others.  :icon_redface::icon_wink::icon_lol:

I wonder when did Sheldon realize he was cabable of having more than friendship feelings towards Amy? :icon_redface:  When do you think it happened?

I wonder if Amy sensed something back then in zazzles episode, what kind of impact she had had on Sheldon? What did she think about Sheldon suddenly having 25 cats in his house, did she realize she had had so great impact on him that he needed all those cats to comfort him after they had broke up? I Remember when Sheldon told to his mother in 05x06 that all that hair on his chest filled in the previous year (surprise... the year he started "dating" Amy) - so his hormone levels really started to increase in him back then. I know she definetly had a great impact on him.

What I think about Sheldon's impact on Amy has been, on a positive side, is that I think Amy is more capable to feel and love like a woman does, and I mean this really in a good and positive way. When she first met him, she was really "the female Sheldon" so to speak, immature in so many levels, but I think his affection for her has matured her side as a woman, her womanhood. I really do think there has been an impact by Penny's and Bernadette's company but... What I mean is that I do think she is enjoys her womanhood now much more than earlier, in his company and by the impact of it.  I am not sure, I don't know, if she has been capable to enjoy her womanhood earlier that much before Sheldon (and Penny & Bernie) because of her earlier life which we know wasn't so easy. But I think she enjoys her womanhood now much more by his side and is enjoying to be his woman. Although he hasn't showed it much/told her directly, I think Amy feels and knows she is loved by Sheldon. She knows it in her heart.

I love someone pointed out that Amy challenged Sheldon back then. I don't know how would he react, if she denided coitus from him now (but we would know Amy had some monkey business there going on but still)? How would it affect to him? Would he find it a challenge anymore? Amy telling him she doesn't want him that way... would it cause him to struggle more to get her opinion about it changed, and if, how? :icon_redface:

Yeah I agree. She's shining right now, smiles more, and like you said  she enjoys being woman, loving like a woman and all that jazz, because I think that she knows that he love her, even that he never told her those words. It were builded slowly, she make him more mature, he make her feel like real woman. She knows that he admires her, that he loves brilliance of her mind, and when she sees that in his eyes(Jim and Mayim are so good in this!) when they had eye-coitus she feels so loving and so wonderful, and with desire in him, longing and growing in him, and when that  "I want you Amy" Sheldon is coming to life she so enjoys her womanhood.

And whole thing about princess, and when he noticed her sexual qualities,whole this made her even more confident about herself and his feelings, and now she bloomed like a flower we will see it even more now.

As to Sheldon I think that Amy's date with Steward make him realize that he had strong feelings for her, it was  in him  but that date suddenly flashed light on that, and he saw that he will going to loose her, and that scared him, and make him realized that she is special for him. From the beggining it grew in him, she planted a seed when they first met and it was long proces, but we can see big  flower  of their love with big beautiful bud which will bloom soon.

Jim and Todd in New York City earlier this week captured by a fan who happened to be sitting right next to their table.  Lucky girl!

Mayim was in NY too this week, according to her FB. It seems the place to be! lol.

But Sheldon's double layer is different. I don't think he wears an additional undershirt under his longer sleeved shirt, and wearing the longer sleeved shirt under his graphic t-shirts is a personal quirk. I don't know if we've ever seen for sure, but I would bet he wears a regular undershirt whenever he wears a dress shirt.

I wear the long-sleeve under t-shirt thing quite often. I even used to have tshirts that had fake long sleeves (one was an FBI one!). It's just really handy when it's too cold for t-shirt alone but too warm to wear a hoodie over it.

Sheldon still is very concerned about losing her.  He is very insecure for some reason and I am not sure where that stems from other than the time she mentioned it in 6.01.  But she has never really up to then and since then threatened him so I am curious why he feels so insecure. I think again a lot of this is because of his fears.  He knows at some point he has to man up and get physical, but he is worried he might lose her before he gets to that point.  

I do agree that he has become more of a man (both probably hormonally as well as emotionally) and she has become more of a woman through their relationship.   You can see it in both. :wub:

I think that anniversary threat REALLY rattled him. We've never seen Amy have an outburst quite like that, and it was especially surprising given the positive note on which S5 ended. I mean, I totally see why Amy would be furious at how he ruined the night, but I didn't expect it to amount to a threat to break up with him. It really rattled him because you can see it in the following ep already where he is concerned about Leonard getting hurt by Penny. Total projection there. And he wanted to protect his friend because he knows how much it hurts. 

As for them becoming more of a man/woman, I think they are growing up together. Regardless of Amy's salty language, she was very sheltered (there are constant mentions of her mother over-protectiveness) so they both have this innocence that they're going to slowly lose together. I think one of the reasons why Amy puts up with so much is also that, if you think about it, she owes A LOT to Sheldon. She was totally and utterly alone before meeting him, he changed her life completely. I bet she's very grateful for that and that's why she forgives him so many things. In his own way he's done a lot for her too. 

• Like 3

I can't believe Amy didn't pick up on all the cues in that conversation and was still sullen at the end.

Well, Amy isn't really the brightest button in picking up emotional/conversational cues, is she. :p In her own way, she's as much of a relationship novice and socially awkward greenhorn as he is.

As for them becoming more of a man/woman, I think they are growing up together. Regardless of Amy's salty language, she was very sheltered (there are constant mentions of her mother over-protectiveness) so they both have this innocence that they're going to slowly lose together. I think one of the reasons why Amy puts up with so much is also that, if you think about it, she owes A LOT to Sheldon. She was totally and utterly alone before meeting him, he changed her life completely. I bet she's very grateful for that and that's why she forgives him so many things. In his own way he's done a lot for her too.

This. So true. And yes.. I don't want either of them to lose all of that innocence. Ever. :wub:

if I was that fan sitting next to Jim's table I'm not sure I'd be able to eat! I'd be trying not to gawp at him.

I'm quite sure I wouldn't be able to eat. ;)

About the pictures.. since this thread is about Sheldon/Jim and Amy/Mayim, I think that posting pictures of all four of them, together or apart, is fair game. Well, in controlled measures. :)

Edited by Pomita
  • Like 1

@stardust if I was that fan sitting next to Jim's table I'm not sure I'd be able to eat! I'd be trying not to gawp at him :)

I agree I think i would be I just sat and watched, and stare, but I'm sure that the food would be the last thing I would  thought about :icon_lol:

i didnt realize this was the jim parsons thread 2.0  :icon_rolleyes:

O sorry we just can't get enough of him :icon_redface::icon_lol: but we try to hold our horses... :icon_redface::icon_lol:

We girls just can't get enough of him.  He is probably in most of the threads.  LOL!   I will try to tone it down.  I know that some were needing a little "boost" today and well, I stick mainly to this thread and not many others.  :icon_redface::icon_wink::icon_lol:

I agree.. :icon_redface::icon_razz:  maybe we can post more his pic on his tread.. I will do it I hope that you're with me :icon_razz:

Now I'm going to read your next chapter sweetie.. you have my heart for that

Well, Amy isn't really the brightest button in picking up emotional/conversational cues, is she. :p In her own way, she's as much of a relationship novice and socially awkward greenhorn as he is.

This. So true. And yes.. I don't want either of them to lose all of that innocence. Ever. :wub:

Agreed. Well... they can lose some ;) Just not all of it.

• Like 2

Mayim was in NY too this week, according to her FB. It seems the place to be! lol.

I wear the long-sleeve under t-shirt thing quite often. I even used to have tshirts that had fake long sleeves (one was an FBI one!). It's just really handy when it's too cold for t-shirt alone but too warm to wear a hoodie over it.

I think that anniversary threat REALLY rattled him. We've never seen Amy have an outburst quite like that, and it was especially surprising given the positive note on which S5 ended. I mean, I totally see why Amy would be furious at how he ruined the night, but I didn't expect it to amount to a threat to break up with him. It really rattled him because you can see it in the following ep already where he is concerned about Leonard getting hurt by Penny. Total projection there. And he wanted to protect his friend because he knows how much it hurts. 

I agree about the clothing layering...I do the same thing because the weather here is so wacky.

I also agree about what a huge impact her threat in 6.01 had on him.   That is where eidetic memory is a curse, I suppose, but it also helps keep him well aware that he has to mind his p's and q's or he could lose her.  

I also agree that they are growing up together, but just because they grow up does not mean they will ever totally lose some of their innocence.   They are already in their 30's and have been child-like innocents for over 30 years.  That won't go away over night.   I love how they are taking the journey together and each bringing facets of themselves, yet integrating as one in a way.  They are very much "one" and unified, just like her helping him in the parking lot.  It was as natural as breathing to her.   Sigh, they really are a fun couple!  :wub:

As far as sitting in a table next to Jim and Todd, well I definitely would not be eating...I would be too busy taking in the view.  :icon_lol: :icon_lol: :icon_lol:   They could be my desert!  :icon_wink::icon_lol:

Edited by stardustmelody
  • Like 1

Oh man, if I had been at that next table I don't think I could eat or drink or do much more than try not to make a scene while I stared. :)

mmm...so many great pics being posted lately, too. Apparently the pics got in my head because last night I had a dream that I was hanging out with Jim and casually running my hand through his hair (don't judge! lol) when he announced there was a spot for another regular on the show. I said I would be great for it and he just gave me a knowing look and said no, he thought I wouldn't be a good fit. I woke up strangely angry at him until I realized it was a crazy dream lol.

I hope Jim and Mayim got a chance to meet up if they were in the same city. They seem like really good friends and it shows in their portrayal of the Shamy. 

• Like 5