The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
MJistheBOMB

The Shamy Thread! (Season 6 Edition-Spoilers)

Thank you for all of your answers. I'm out of town today so I could not reply soon. ^^

Sorry that I didn't make it clear. I meant when Amy first showed her feelings for Sheldon, which could not be mis-interpreted into something else. To be frank, I could interpret quite a few of her actions as she had never had a boy-friend before so she was trying to get one ("by all means").

I knew her feelings was there, I could sense it all the time but I hadn't found any crystal clear evidence of her feelings until the 5x14, when she dressed in a black outfit while holding a giant pretzel. Man! To be frank, again, it looked so stupid. It was just a short scene but I was really impressed. She was willing to any thing to support him. That's amazing.

And another concrete proof is the Valentine ep. Her tears spoke for hers. [And Sheldon's gift spoke for his.] Such a beautiful scene!

Back to my question, I just wonder if I missed any clear proof, which was as strong as Sheldon's cats, from Amy's side long before they officially became  a couple. Herb Garden and even their drunk kiss don't seem so strong to me. [i'm not an easy audience.  :icon_cry: ]

• Like 1

I honestly believe humble people often laugh at themselves first and so it is easy for the to not be upset or hurt by others.  They don't take offense, but instead help others, through their soft humility learn.  Jim is one of those.  Through his soft humility he teaches others more about loving gay people and treating them equal than all the outspoken activists for gay rights put together.   Sometimes staying silent and true to who you are speaks louder than all the shouting of a crowd of people.  I feel the same about others who have moved a cause forward through their humility than those who have forced it through activism because activism sometimes is too vocal and too in your face that it can be off-putting to the cause they represent.   Jim does completely opposite, just lives his life humbly and quietly and yet somehow he accomplishes more because of it to help the gay movement.

I agree. Not to belittle the efforts of those who actually are activists;  but I think it's true that Jim, with his down-to-earth behavior and reserved humility, has been able to create a space for himself where his talents and achievements are far more important, as his public signature, than his personal life and sexuality. Even in the article where he first publicly expressed his orientation, it was done and placed in a remarkably low-key way, just as a by-the-way mention in one corner of a detailed interview. And I think that is what every human being ultimately hopes and strives for - to be accepted as who they are and valued for their individual qualities, irrespective of gender, race or sexual orientation. That would be the first step to an ideal culture, like the 'gender blind' society mentioned by Sheldon in the last episode.

Sorry for being somewhat OT here.

I just had a sudden realization. Amy joined the gang as Sheldon's friend. I just realized she might also be the first friend Sheldon ever made on his own. I mean, yes, there's Leonard but they became friends because of logistics, rather than bonding. I just thought it was interesting, because by now she's so integrated in the group that I forget she was there only as Sheldon's friend to start with.

This is an interesting point. It was Sheldon who thought it worthwhile to maintain his friendship with her, and was prepared to do it even if his friends and his mother didn't approve of her; she was that important to him. And it was almost a happy accident that Amy got 'interested' in Penny, and then his other friends, and became such an integral part of their social circle.

• Like 2

Thank you for all of your answers. I'm out of town today so I could not reply soon. ^^

Sorry that I didn't make it clear. I meant when Amy first showed her feelings for Sheldon, which could not be mis-interpreted into something else. To be frank, I could interpret quite a few of her actions as she had never had a boy-friend before so she was trying to get one ("by all means").

I knew her feelings was there, I could sense it all the time but I hadn't found any crystal clear evidence of her feelings until the 5x14, when she dressed in a black outfit while holding a giant pretzel. Man! To be frank, again, it looked so stupid. It was just a short scene but I was really impressed. She was willing to any thing to support him. That's amazing.

And another concrete proof is the Valentine ep. Her tears spoke for hers. [And Sheldon's gift spoke for his.] Such a beautiful scene!

Back to my question, I just wonder if I missed any clear proof, which was as strong as Sheldon's cats, from Amy's side long before they officially became  a couple. Herb Garden and even their drunk kiss don't seem so strong to me. [i'm not an easy audience.  :icon_cry: ]

I don't think she was trying to get a boyfriend at all, she was very much like Sheldon to start with ("All forms of physical contact are off the table"/"I find the notion of romantic love an unnecessary construct that adds no value to human relationships"). She only started to come around once she started crushing on Sheldon, which was around the time of THGG. But back then it was a crush rather than love of course. I think the thing with Sheldon is that he probably doesn't "crush" so he went straight into the deep end with the cats. 

If you're asking about when it turned from a crush into love, it's hard to say, especially because we're essentially mostly shown the story from Sheldon's POV and Sheldon is the one we know from the start, so it's easier to see the signs and the changes with him. In a sense, it's always been about waiting for Sheldon to make the move and then it was almost a given she would go along with it. So she never really was required to show such strong reactions as Sheldon. Hers is more of a lots of little gestures progress. The way she talks about him in the Weekend Vortex implies she was already in love by that stage. I can't say when before then one could say "That's it".  

• Like 2

have just got round to watching the interview he did with Jimmy Kimmel, was very amusing how he said "Mayim Bialik who plays my girlfriend on the show" thats the sort of thing i like hearing

its like when mayim said a few weeks ago in an interview that Jim was her work husband :)

I like that  sentence Jim was her work husband...That shows how much she's into him and he said in interview before playing "Harvey" that: She’s delightful in every way, and so smart as a human being. She’s a neuro…something, I don’t even know. She studied something very impressive, so she is actually able to have conversations with our writers.

So he really admires her and that a prove that they have very strong chemistry and beautiful friendship.

For me it was strong in both sides she want to kiss him so bad, and from his side was strong because when she kissed him it was so surprising for him but he didn't pushed her away, he kissed her back, his lips are more  stacked to kiss than hers, and he also closed his eyes, and after all, he said it was fascinating, and as he looked at her after the kiss and before she said that: don't read this as comment on what we just did" it was was a very intimate moment. :wub:

I agree. Not to belittle the efforts of those who actually are activists;  but I think it's true that Jim, with his down-to-earth behavior and reserved humility, has been able to create a space for himself where his talents and achievements are far more important, as his public signature, than his personal life and sexuality. Even in the

article where he first publicly expressed his orientation, it was done and placed in a remarkably low-key way, just as a by-the-way mention in one corner of a detailed interview. And I think that is what every human being ultimately hopes and strives for - to be accepted as who they are or sexual orientation. That would be the first step to an ideal culture, like the 'gender blind' society mentioned by Sheldon in the last episode.

Sorry for being somewhat OT here.

I agree with you that  it could be ideal world with people who admire others for their achievments  for attitude for life, not judge them for their sex orientations.

And I can understand why he isn't such an activist, why it is so personal  and very private matter for him,  and probably not for jokes, and as any man he has a right to privacy, but  it's not about the fact that he is ashamed, because surely Todd  is with him on every gala award ceremony, but  the for me  is that he isn't so very confident of himself, as we thought, because clearly these jokes make him hurt "sausage fest" and any innuendo are awkward for him.

Edited by silverangelD
  • Like 2

I don't think she was trying to get a boyfriend at all, she was very much like Sheldon to start with ("All forms of physical contact are off the table"/"I find the notion of romantic love an unnecessary construct that adds no value to human relationships"). She only started to come around once she started crushing on Sheldon, which was around the time of THGG. But back then it was a crush rather than love of course. I think the thing with Sheldon is that he probably doesn't "crush" so he went straight into the deep end with the cats. 

If you're asking about when it turned from a crush into love, it's hard to say, especially because we're essentially mostly shown the story from Sheldon's POV and Sheldon is the one we know from the start, so it's easier to see the signs and the changes with him. In a sense, it's always been about waiting for Sheldon to make the move and then it was almost a given she would go along with it. So she never really was required to show such strong reactions as Sheldon. Hers is more of a lots of little gestures progress. The way she talks about him in the Weekend Vortex implies she was already in love by that stage. I can't say when before then one could say "That's it".  

Maybe for him it was that moment when he realized that he is going to loose her in that episode when she's going for a date with Steward, because that date made him realize that he has strong feelings  for her, and he was jealous. That date only illuminates something what was there, about what knew, but he didn't realized that she is  so important to him.

Koops: I agree with you that they didn't show much on her side, (that's why I had to ask  :icon_mrgreen: ) Hopefully, when I rewatch someday, I can pinpoint it. :D 

BTW, I love your idea that Amy is the first friend Sheldon made on his own. And he has done so well, hasn't he?  :rolleyes: Maybe he had upgraded his Friendship Algorithm and started the Love Algorithm.  B)

silverange ID: Yep, it was definitely strong with Sheldon. He has been SO in love.  :wub: I know Amy really wanted to kiss him, but her feeling was not as strong as his, IMO. 

• Like 1

I think Amy is stronger than Sheldon so if their relationship ended (which it won't) she would bounce back eventually whereas he would be devastated.  IMO that makes it easier to see him falling apart when they have a fight.  It's not that she doesn't love him, she just deals with things better than he does.  It's awfully sweet to see what he does, though, when he misses his Amy.

• Like 4

I think Amy is stronger than Sheldon so if their relationship ended (which it won't) she would bounce back eventually whereas he would be devastated.  IMO that makes it easier to see him falling apart when they have a fight.  It's not that she doesn't love him, she just deals with things better than he does.  It's awfully sweet to see what he does, though, when he misses his Amy.

Yes I agree with you. That kiss moment were strong to both of them, and Amy is more into him  and I would like to see him missing her, at his work, at  his everyday schedule, while he surely would miss her, he would  thought about her all the time, and maybe he would say: Leonard what that vixen done to me, I don't want to make it  stop, I want her back...

Edited by silverangelD

Good morning, Shamyites!

Still nursing my boo-boo knee (can Jim come and kiss it and make it better--and sing Soft Kitty for me?!?!) but otherwise up and at 'em.

In looking over the latest conversations, I agree, koops, that it's very interesting that Sheldon's friendship with Amy does seem to be the first we've seen that he made on his own.  Even though Raj and Howard were involved in setting up the meeting, it's not as if they knew Amy at all.  They just wanted to see if A) the dating site could conjur up a match for Sheldon, and B ) what would happen if the two supposed matches would meet.

I don't think they really thought that a real relationship would bud on that first meeting ("Good Lord, what have we done?")

But Sheldon is the one who, after exchanging only a few words with Amy, decided to be gracious and buy her a beverage, presumably taking the time to continue the getting-to-know-you conversation, which led to the two of them communicating daily.

It reminds me of Sheldon's pleading with Howard in the Hawking Excitation--"Imagine you're the only human on a planet populated by dogs and then you find there's another human" (paraphrasing)  Up until he met Amy, most other women would have been maybe like dolphins (smarter than dogs, in his metaphor), and then Amy comes along, and she's another human, like him.  He immediately felt that kinship.  To quote Train, "You're one of my kind". :)

As for Amy first demonstrating or hinting that she feels more than just friendship for him, I think that there is sort of a hint of it at the end of Zazzy--where she admits to enjoying the idea of being cast as the "bad girl", the bad influence.  To me that hints at the "bad girlfriend", more than just a bad friend.  And of course, Mary Cooper recognized right away that her son was smitten and just needed to get back to his budding friendship and gave him a way to save face.

But perhaps a stronger hint at the beginning of Amy's romantic feelings--or maybe a desire to have romantic feelings--would be in The Alien Parasite Hypothesis.

In the conversation where Sheldon's trying to teach her about Kholinar, she asks him about jealousy, asking him if he's not jealous or if he's suppressing jealousy.  To me that means she's kind of thinking of the two of them as potentially a couple.  If they're a couple, then Sheldon might feel jealous of her apparent attraction to Zack.

And then more to the point, when Sheldon takes her to the bar to meet up with Zack and she gets that hormonal charge from touching Zack's hand, she conducts a little experiment, apparently to see if she gets the same hormonal jolt from touching Sheldon's hand.

Although she says that nothing happened, why would she even think about seeing if anything would happen if she didn't want it to happen?

If she had no interest in Sheldon as a potential boyfriend, or at least a potential physical relationship, she wouldn't have bothered to see if she would get the same jolt out of touching Sheldon.  She could just as easily have sought out some other guy--even another guy at the bar.

But she took Sheldon's hand, perhaps wanting to get that same jolt from him. :p

Edited by phantagrae
  • Like 4

What I always found interesting in the Alien Parasite is when she takes his hand, she just keeps walking on holding.  She looks happy and content holding his hand.   It wasn't until Sheldon suddenly realized he was holding her hand that he asks her "What are you doing?" and then she mentions "an experiment".   But I often wonder if neither had said anything would they have kept holding hands all the way back to his apartment?  I am betting the answer would have been yes because both seemed happy and content at the touch and closeness of it.  If Sheldon had not said a word, I doubt she would have considered it "an experiment" and then dropped his hand and said "no, nothing".  I always felt that was more a "save face" reaction of hers than a real reaction.  In other words, she felt something, enjoyed holding his hand, but once was called on the it by Sheldon, she "covered" by pretending to be an experiment.  I think she already knew she was building an attraction toward him and I think she knew he was jealous in her lab earlier as well.

• Like 6

What I always found interesting in the Alien Parasite is when she takes his hand, she just keeps walking on holding.  She looks happy and content holding his hand.   It wasn't until Sheldon suddenly realized he was holding her hand that he asks her "What are you doing?" and then she mentions "an experiment".   But I often wonder if neither had said anything would they have kept holding hands all the way back to his apartment?  I am betting the answer would have been yes because both seemed happy and content at the touch and closeness of it.  If Sheldon had not said a word, I doubt she would have considered it "an experiment" and then dropped his hand and said "no, nothing".  I always felt that was more a "save face" reaction of hers than a real reaction.  In other words, she felt something, enjoyed holding his hand, but once was called on the it by Sheldon, she "covered" by pretending to be an experiment.  I think she already knew she was building an attraction toward him and I think she knew he was jealous in her lab earlier as well.

That's an interesting take on that scene actually. I always just took it to mean that she didn't have any attraction for him yet at the time. I always had the impression Sheldon got "there" first, as evidenced by Zazzy, even though he couldn't/wouldn't acknowledge it as romantic attachment yet, and Amy took a while to catch up. But what you're saying does make sense too. It's normal for people to pretend they are unaffected by something if they want to hide that they are indeed thinking about it. Like Phanta pointed out, I also never thought about the fact that her asking him if he was jealous might have something to do with her starting to think about whether they could be more than friends. 

Regardless, that scene is always going to be epic for how he doesn't even complain she's holding his hand and even grabs it back instinctually at first. 

And, speaking of which, I saw Chloe made another awesome gif of the scene where she walks into the bar and Sheldon watches her go in. I don't know if it's just that particular frame, but the sadness in his eyes... poor thing. I can't remember who said a while ago, maybe it was Monique, that he says "Please don't drag this out" when she thanks him as if he just wanted to get it over and done with like one would when he's about to be dumped. 

Edited by koops

IMO, when she said, "nothing", she meant that she hadn't felt what she had felt when holding Zack's hand, that kind of electricity, and to me this is completely understandable since she had a kind of celebrity crush on Zack, something purely physical and based on the fact that he seemed so unreachable.. She felt what any person would feel when meeting a celebrity they kind of like. So, of course she didn't feel the same when taking Sheldon's hand, but she felt something, the comfort, the familiarity, etc....the kind of feelings that are based on friendship, respect, etc..  Also, in the lab scene it is clear that she did want Sheldon to be jealous. :)

• Like 1

thanks spook. that wasn't even the best set of frames of him looking like there were ones where amy is starting to walk again and his stare is amazing there as well. the other ones just did the job i wanted. maybe i'll make the other set later.

That's an interesting take on that scene actually. I always just took it to mean that she didn't have any attraction for him yet at the time. I always had the impression Sheldon got "there" first, as evidenced by Zazzy, even though he couldn't/wouldn't acknowledge it as romantic attachment yet, and Amy took a while to catch up. But what you're saying does make sense too. It's normal for people to pretend they are unaffected by something if they want to hide that they are indeed thinking about it. Like Phanta pointed out, I also never thought about the fact that her asking him if he was jealous might have something to do with her starting to think about whether they could be more than friends. 

Regardless, that scene is always going to be epic for how he doesn't even complain she's holding his hand and even grabs it back instinctually at first. 

And, speaking of which, I saw Chloe made another awesome gif of the scene where she walks into the bar and Sheldon watches her go in. I don't know if it's just that particular frame, but the sadness in his eyes... poor thing. I can't remember who said a while ago, maybe it was Monique, that he says "Please don't drag this out" when she thanks him as if he just wanted to get it over and done with like one would when he's about to be dumped. 

He definitely had sadness until they were walking back from the bar.  He was going to stay, which says to me he knew her better than she knew herself.  He was convinced she would leave with him because why stay if you think the person you dropped off was going to go off with some other guy to have coitus?   It made no sense other than he was determined that she feel more for him than Zack.   But he was very sad (in his eyes) until she started to leave with him.  I will never forget the way he turns to Zack to give him the Vulcan salute. It was almost like  a mutual respected acknowledgment "I won, you lost" sort of feel.   After that, Sheldon's eyes are happy again.   He is very content with Amy and that is why it takes him a few moments to even notice they are holding hands...and it wasn't just her gripping his hand, but he folded his fingers around her hand naturally, like it was as easy and pleasant to him as eating his pecan pie.   It wasn't until he became consciously aware they were holding hands that he interrupted the moment with his "what are you doing?" question.  

IMO, when she said, "nothing", she meant that she hadn't felt what she had felt when holding Zack's hand, that kind of electricity, and to me this is completely understandable since she had a kind of celebrity crush on Zack, something purely physical and based on the fact that he seemed so unreachable.. She felt what any person would feel when meeting a celebrity they kind of like. So, of course she didn't feel the same when taking Sheldon's hand, but she felt something, the comfort, the familiarity, etc....the kind of feelings that are based on friendship, respect, etc..  Also, in the lab scene it is clear that she did want Sheldon to be jealous. :)

I agree, except Zack wasn't a celebrity, but he was the kind of guy that many girls dream of dating at least once in their life.   I think he was the "dream guy" as far as looks to her, but again it was a lustful reaction, it wasn't love or feeling for him, just a lustful reaction.   With Sheldon, however, it was that peace, comfort, joy that comes with knowing, respecting and yes, loving someone.  So they were very different, but I do think she realized she was starting to have feelings for Sheldon when you add up all of the elements that day.   She really truly did want him to be jealous and I love that she called him on it.  He couldn't deny it either, instead gathered up the brains first (thinking they were his sashimi) and wanted to head out the door.   He didn't want to face what he was feeling, which was pure jealousy.

Edited by stardustmelody
  • Like 1

you cant tell me he isnt sad he is!!

tumblr_mjgrukRtFc1rn4qwao1_250.giftumblr_mjgrukRtFc1rn4qwao2_250.gif

and then after he says he's happy she didnt go through with it

I DONT NEED ANYMORE CONVINCING BYE

• Like 4

I've always felt that to be a very poignant moment, and I wasn't even a shipper, exactly, when it happened (or maybe I was, but I took my time to identify what shipping feels like since I had no experience of the feeling - much like Sheldon is taking his sweet time to identify the feeling of being in love). :p

Something about his expression sends chills through me, because it's such a 'the way you walk away' look - and in that whole incident,  there was a subliminal sense of Sheldon making a sacrifice for her, a sacrifice made in unselfish love even if it was just as a friend and well-wisher at that point. He needed her in his life even then, and he needed her to be a certain way; but in that moment it mattered more to him to make her happy by giving her what she wanted, even if it was something he didn't approve and something that would take her away from him. And he went to so much effort to procure it for her. Hence her 'you're a good friend, Sheldon' rang so true; and his 'please don't drag this out' had a hint of the pain of losing. 

Also, the scene where they walk on hand in hand on the dark rain-washed street; two oblivious childlike individuals feeling a spontaneous, unasked-for connection.. has to be one of the most romantic scenes ever. :wub:

• Like 4

After your posts I have some hindsight, but maybe I just will say what I think:

It's interesting, because I never wondered about this, and I think that you're right about holding hands, because if it isn't enjoyable for her she could let go  his hand right away, it's logic. And that " an experiment" it was just a mask to avoid

explanations and she was scared how he would react.

And Sheldon  and Amy in the lab:

A: Is it possible that your concern for me at this moment is motivated by nothing more than simple jealousy?

S:I hadn’t considered that. Give me a moment. All right, I’ve considered it.

A:And?

S:I reject it.

A:You reject it because you don’t feel jealousy, or because you are suppressing jealousy?

S:I think I’ll eat my lunch at home.

A:That’s not your lunch, Sheldon, those are the cadaver brain specimens.S:Oh. As they were incorrectly sliced, you can see how I could mistake them for my sashimi.

I think he was jealous and little angry because, that kolinar didn't work, because when she asks him about jealousy and he said no, and then she knew that he is jealous only he didn't want to admit that, and he left lab being angry if it was not true then why he get so angry about her question, he was so angry that he took  the cadaver brain specimens instead his sashimi.

He went out, because she  put him against the wall, he did not want that she could find out that he is jealous about this, that she is interested in another guy and in such manner  as sex. He admired the genius of her mind and suddenly it turned out that she can feel sexual excitement, thinking about another guy, it was not what  he said to Penny  that she is horny and he have to cut her loose  because she prefer lower needs , it was just a mask that he feels nothing and it is cool.

Why he called Zack, because he is her friend, and  he wanted to regain his  Amy he's old Amy, but that does not mean that he did not feel  anything and he didn't care.

He was afraid that he will lose her, and if her genius of mind works on him, so how  impact  will take on him her  awakening  desire

Edited by silverangelD

OMG, Chloe and Pom, you're killing me (I might also be about to cry because I spent the last 4 hours staring at Matlab non-stop, lol).

Seriously, thinking about that scene in the current context rips my heart so much I can't even believe we are talking about a sitcom. And Pom, I totally agree about the way they look in that scene while they walk away holding hands. That's another reason I love it so much: they look like two awkward, childlike nerds in a setting that's usually reserved for those perfect romantic "walk off into the sunset" kind of scenes for your stereotypical "beautiful people". I don't know if they deliberately shot the scene that way, but there's a lot of symbolism that seeps through, imo. 

• Like 4

O WOW POOR BABY...and he did it for her. The more I look at this the more it make my eyes wet.

Chloe I love you for it,Thanks

Edited by silverangelD

There's a video of Sheldon and Amy I remember watching once where they use that look Sheldon gives to Zack right before flashing him the "live long and prosper" sign. His face is so intense in that moment.

I also love how Sheldon instinctually curls his hands back around Amy's and holds her hand for a split second before he realizes what he is doing and suddenly lets his hand go slack, looking down in confusion. And it's interesting how Amy doesn't actually look at him when she answers, but he cannot stop staring at her.

• Like 2

I've always felt that to be a very poignant moment, and I wasn't even a shipper, exactly, when it happened (or maybe I was, but I took my time to identify what shipping feels like since I had no experience of the feeling - much like Sheldon is taking his sweet time to identify the feeling of being in love). :p

Something about his expression sends chills through me, because it's such a 'the way you walk away' look - and in that whole incident,  there was a subliminal sense of Sheldon making a sacrifice for her, a sacrifice made in unselfish love even if it was just as a friend and well-wisher at that point. He needed her in his life even then, and he needed her to be a certain way; but in that moment it mattered more to him to make her happy by giving her what she wanted, even if it was something he didn't approve and something that would take her away from him. And he went to so much effort to procure it for her. Hence her 'you're a good friend, Sheldon' rang so true; and his 'please don't drag this out' had a hint of the pain of losing. 

Also, the scene where they walk on hand in hand on the dark rain-washed street; two oblivious childlike individuals feeling a spontaneous, unasked-for connection.. has to be one of the most romantic scenes ever. :wub:

Oh Pomita, you described it so well and so beautiful, I thought that it was that "don't leave" look, but I wasn't sure. He did it for her because he didn't want to loose her, she is his soul mate, his second half and that sacrifice was so unselfish, so full of feelings. Like I said it's all in him and Amy is his light illuminates  all his sensitive and fragile part :wub: :wub: .

• Like 1

The look in his eyes and face breaks my heart!

• Like 1

OMG, Chloe and Pom, you're killing me (I might also be about to cry because I spent the last 4 hours staring at Matlab non-stop, lol).

Seriously, thinking about that scene in the current context rips my heart so much I can't even believe we are talking about a sitcom. And Pom, I totally agree about the way they look in that scene while they walk away holding hands. That's another reason I love it so much: they look like two awkward, childlike nerds in a setting that's usually reserved for those perfect romantic "walk off into the sunset" kind of scenes for your stereotypical "beautiful people". I don't know if they deliberately shot the scene that way, but there's a lot of symbolism that seeps through, imo. 

wipes single tear rolling down cheek

I geeked out over the Matlab. :p

That's exactly how I see it.. I do believe it was deliberate. Rain and darkness are synonymous with romance, in the good old movies (and often the setting for passionate kisses between the perfect lovers). And here we have these two, gauche and geeky and unconventional, both of whom speak disparagingly of romance and are wildly unlikely to kiss (-> I mean back in early season 4). And yet, they hold hands for a few moments, professedly as an 'experiment', and it's still magic unveiled on the wet street - perhaps a deeper connection than most of those 'perfect lovers'. It was deliciously ironic and symbolic at the same time.

Edited by Pomita
  • Like 1