The Shamy Thread! (Season 6 Edition-Spoilers)

• Replies 11.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The Love Spell Potential Pictures (Just ones with Shamy in them)  

Before we bid adieu to this thread, I think we should take a moment to just gaze at how big this thread is. There are more posts in this thread than there are in Seasons 1-5 boards combined. This thre

I am dying here. What I would not give for a bone saw so I could cut your skulls open and get a good gander at how your brains work!   Only in Shamy shipper land could "Leonard gets a job offer over

Posted Images

I did just go back and rewatch TAPH, and a funny little point unrelated to the above discussion struck me. During Sheldon and Penny's conversation in the washing room, he says 'you mean there's something I could do' and hurries away, leaving Penny with the impression that he's going to get physical with Amy in order to take care of her needs. But at that time, she's just taken aback for a moment and humorously exclaims 'oh Amy, you lucky girl' - she doesn't freak out. While more recently, when Sheldon tells her that it's a possibility, she goes simply ballistic with happy shock.

Do you think this is because she's now more emotionally invested in seeing a happy outcome of their relationship, because she shares a close friendship with Amy now and is rooting for her? Or can there be any other reason?

I did just go back and rewatch TAPH, and a funny little point unrelated to the above discussion struck me. During Sheldon and Penny's conversation in the washing room, he says 'you mean there's something I could do' and hurries away, leaving Penny with the impression that he's going to get physical with Amy in order to take care of her needs. But at that time, she's just taken aback for a moment and humorously exclaims 'oh Amy, you lucky girl' - she doesn't freak out. While more recently, when Sheldon tells her that it's a possibility, she goes simply ballistic with happy shock.

Do you think this is because she's now more emotionally invested in seeing a happy outcome of their relationship, because she shares a close friendship with Amy now and is rooting for her? Or can there be any other reason?

I think that is the reason. Now she's more close to Sheldon and Amy, their friendship survived a lot bumps along the way and now their friendship is more mature. When she heard ominous music playing, Leonard wanted to go to her's but she wanted to help Sheldon, and even after words: have you not learned anything over this 6 years. It means now she's more close to them, then in that TAPH episode.And now their relationship with Leonard is more mature and they know that they love each other, and I think that she's mature in feelings, even that she had some problems and fears with engagement

She thought that if he will go and he will try to do something, that it could be funny because she  thought  she knows him well, she knows his attitude for love and for sex, but she didn't provided that he will do something more than that he will sacrifice himself for Amy, his feelings and he does something more romantic and more full of love than Penny does even if she had more experienced than Sheldon, lot more.

Edited by silverangelD

I think from the character's perspective it's probably a combination of her being really close with Amy now and having played the godmother role to their relationship for so long that essentially has turned her into a shipper. Also the fact that since they've been dating for so long and nothing ever happened, maybe she thought that nothing was ever going to happen.

From the writers' perspective, it's clear to me that Penny's reaction was meant to translate for the audience that "It's a possibility" = "Yes". Not in the sense that Sheldon is saying "Yes" at this stage, in the sense that the writers are saying "We're warning you in advance, we're going there."

That, and I also think that at the time TAPH was filmed it wasn't such a big deal yet, so the humorous line at the time seemed to be that one. Inconsistency, if you like. 

Edited by koops
  • Like 2

I agree. I also got the feeling that Penny's happy freak-out was more or less symbolizing the audience reaction, over there. :) Which would indeed be much more intense now than in early season 4. The stakes keep getting higher!

I agree. I also got the feeling that Penny's happy freak-out was more or less symbolizing the audience reaction, over there. :) Which would indeed be much more intense now than in early season 4. The stakes keep getting higher!

Yes I agree it was something like:  O wow, does he said it... that it's possibility... "O holy crap and, does he enjoyed that conversation, he really loves her and she really changes him..."

Her astonishment like koops said  was simboilc, like they wantted to show us that they have big surprise for us some ace in the hole..

Edited by silverangelD

Here are the remaining episode air dates:

Episode 6.19 - The Closet Reconfiguration - Thursday, March 14th.

Episode 6.20 - The Tenure Turbulence - Thursday, April 4th.

Episode 6.21 - TBD - Thursday, April 25th

Episode 6.22 - TBD - Thursday, May 2nd

Episode 6.23 - TBD - Thursday, May 9th

Episode 6.24 - TBS - Thursday, May 16th

• Like 5

3 weeks between new episodes? Oh, that is going to be tough...

At least we have a taping report coming up on April 26 to break up the mini hiatus. Glad I will be busy, but still. May have to turn to fan fiction in my desperation. :p

I also think that Penny had a different perspective on the man she would be sending to "take care of Amy's needs" way back then and the man who is actually working on going in that direction, and thinks it's a possibility, now. Both the relationship and the two people involved in it are different now. Penny's watched them grow. And I think that originally she was very skeptical about Amy and the idea that the relationship would really ever go anywhere, considering that the two of them were not dating at that time.

• Like 1

Um, is this thread silent because its contributors are all watching the season finale of The Bachelor? ;)

Come on, you know you love it...even though we are a group that obsesses over the most unconventional relationship on television and The Bachelor is basically a hit parade of romantic clichés.

After all the frustration I've experienced waiting for one little Shamy kiss, a little manufactured-reality fluff is a welcome guilty pleasure. :D

Just me? What do you ladies watch/do to unwind when you're not talking BBT?

Um, is this thread silent because its contributors are all watching the season finale of The Bachelor? ;)

Come on, you know you love it...even though we are a group that obsesses over the most unconventional relationship on television and The Bachelor is basically a hit parade of romantic clichés.

After all the frustration I've experienced waiting for one little Shamy kiss, a little manufactured-reality fluff is a welcome guilty pleasure. :D

Just me? What do you ladies watch/do to unwind when you're not talking BBT?

I'm going to sound incredibly Canadian with my answer to that TV-wise, but that's okay! Another series I love to watch would be Corner Gas, which is Canadian-made. Over the seas my favourite show would be the UK's 'Miranda'. I am way too in love with that show also, probably because the main character is so awkward that it's like I'm looking at myself on screen, only with a better accent than mine. 

Other than that I love to watch documentaries. Seriously, I'll watch a documentary about anything - I watched one on junk mail once...  :icon_mrgreen: I just love documentaries because I love to learn about anything really. 

Aside from those three and TV/the internet in general, I don't really seem to do much... 

LOL! I NEVER watch reality television (besides the fact that I live in the UK and I don't think that show is on here). I avoid them like the plague, they really irk me. I actually hardly watch television at all. The only other show I'm following at the moment beside TBBT is Homeland. But if I do watch anything it's usually either sci-fi or sports or documentaries. 

Edited by koops

LOL! I NEVER watch reality television (besides the fact that I live in the UK and I don't think that show is on here). I avoid them like the plague, they really irk me. I actually hardly watch television at all. The only other show I'm following at the moment beside TBBT is Homeland. But if I do watch anything it's usually either sci-fi or sports or documentaries. 

Totally with you there, Koops! Reality television generally seems to drive me crazy - I think it's mainly because of how dramatic/cheesy it is. One show I loathe with a passion would be the Biggest Loser... 

Are UK reality shows super dramatic like the ones from the US? The ones produced in North America (or the US really, I can't think of a Canadian reality show off the top of my head...) seem to be filled with product placement (Biggest Loser is terrible for that), sappy music, and drama drama drama. 

Totally with you there, Koops! Reality television generally seems to drive me crazy - I think it's mainly because of how dramatic/cheesy it is. One show I loathe with a passion would be the Biggest Loser... 

Are UK reality shows super dramatic like the ones from the US? The ones produced in North America (or the US really, I can't think of a Canadian reality show off the top of my head...) seem to be filled with product placement (Biggest Loser is terrible for that), sappy music, and drama drama drama. 

I wouldn't know, I don't watch any :p I'm actually really ignorant when it comes to popular/current culture. My housemates love those things and whenever I happen to come across them while they watch it I'm always like "Who's that?" and get outraged looks for not knowing it's some big starlet from some pop group or whatever. lol.

If it were up to me, my television would show TBBT 24/7. Sadly, it isn't up to me.

I was out at a little concert at my church and then I was eating pizza and watching Monday Morning(s?), then dozing on the couch. I only now picked up my iPad...and I'm supposed to be going to bed.

I do agree that the difference between Penny's reaction to Sheldon supposedly going to take care of Amy's "needs" and her more recent reaction has to do with being closer to Amy and more invested in the Shamy relationship now.

Good catch. And that's one of my favorite of Sheldon's "oh...OH!" moments. :lol:

Edited by phantagrae
  • Like 1

I wouldn't know, I don't watch any :p I'm actually really ignorant when it comes to popular/current culture. My housemates love those things and whenever I happen to come across them while they watch it I'm always like "Who's that?" and get outraged looks for not knowing it's some big starlet from some pop group or whatever. lol.

If it were up to me, my television would show TBBT 24/7. Sadly, it isn't up to me.

Hahhaa, I get that! I've gotten to the point where I purposely avoid fads and pop culture, because the fact they're super popular and thousands of pre-teens love them is enough to turn me off completely. For the longest time I had no idea who One Direction was... 

Just to clarify, I'm meaning fads like Twilight, the Jonas Brothers, Miley Cyrus, 50 Shades of Grey, romance shows, things of that nature. 

And my God that would be the greatest channel of all time. Endless TBBT:icon_mrgreen:

I was out at a little concert at my church and then I was eating pizza and watching Monday Morning(s?), then dozing on the couch. I only now picked up my iPad...and I'm supposed to be going to bed.

I do agree that the difference between Penny's reaction to Sheldon supposedly going to take care of Amy's "needs" and her more recent reaction has to do with being closer to Amy and more invested in the Shamy relationship now.

Good catch. And that's one of my favorite of Sheldon's "oh...OH!" moments. :lol:

I would pay big bucks if in the end it'd turn out that Amy *really* is a lucky girl ;) I'd love it if being the chatterboxes the girls are the rumors of Sheldon's "excellence" would spread around the group and the other guys had to put up being compared to Sheldon. Especially Howard. 

Oh, if Sheldon could beat them at their own game, so to speak, that would be awesome. haha

Re: TV - I don't watch anything else with the same attention as TBBT. I do watch quite of bit of TV though, usually DVRing shows and watching them when I get the chance. DVR'd shows include: Smash, How I Met Your Mother, Go On, The New Normal, Girls, Ellen (a real mood-booster)... I'm also a fan of anything on the Discovery channel or History channel. I would probably have watched that documentary on junk mail too, lol. I like educational shows. The Universe is a great program for that. Makes me feel like I understand black holes and such. On Demand shows are great too. I'm learning Hebrew via an On Demand channel.

But, yeah, an all TBBT channel? I'd be down for that! 

OMG 3 weeks it's going to be long waiting in impatience...

I would pay big bucks if in the end it'd turn out that Amy *really* is a lucky girl ;) I'd love it if being the chatterboxes the girls are the rumors of Sheldon's "excellence" would spread around the group and the other guys had to put up being compared to Sheldon. Especially Howard. 

:icon_mrgreen: Yeah :icon_lol: I would love that too, to see their "jaws dropped on the floor" when they would hear "the news " especially it could give Howard "flick on the nose" :icon_lol:  and then that O Amy you lucky girl coud be cherry on the top of the cake :icon_biggrin: , but I think that  she's already lucky girl.. :wub:

I'll come right out and say it, I do not possess a television set. :p I dislike Indian sitcoms/soaps and never watch them; among Hollywood sitcoms I've tried HIMYM, Friends and Modern Family (a couple of episodes of each), but I simply can't get into anything besides TBBT, it seems. I have a thing for the old Sherlock Holmes (Granada) series.

I do enjoy watching movies though, both Hollywood (mostly sci-fi or drama - I like Tom Hanks and Will Smith) and Bollywood. Again, not the typical Bollywood stuff, but there are some interesting films being made nowadays.

To be honest, I find the television a bit obsolete nowadays. Anything I want to watch I can watch online or on dvd. I only really use the tv set to plug consoles or to have a big screen to watch stuff on (bless whoever invented WiiMC!). But if they one day make consoles pluggable into computer screens (and make computer screens bigger) I don't see the point.