The Shamy Thread! (Season 6 Edition-Spoilers)

I really only watch TBBT and Smash.  If I have time, I try to catch Modern Family and White Collar, but that's rare these days.

Has anyone ever realized that the letters in Mayim can be rearranged to spell "Im Amy"?

• Replies 11.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The Love Spell Potential Pictures (Just ones with Shamy in them)  

Before we bid adieu to this thread, I think we should take a moment to just gaze at how big this thread is. There are more posts in this thread than there are in Seasons 1-5 boards combined. This thre

I am dying here. What I would not give for a bone saw so I could cut your skulls open and get a good gander at how your brains work!   Only in Shamy shipper land could "Leonard gets a job offer over

Posted Images

Yes, I read that before! I wonder whether they did it on purpose, since Amy was originally meant to be named Victoria. I'm so happy they went with Amy (no offense to any Victorias on here, but the name doesn't suit her at all).

Hey guys, I'd love to share the vid of Jim talking about a potential lady in Sheldon's life, in season 3 . [Yep I'm a grave-digger, I've just watched it minutes ago.]  He had been waiting for a romance, and as he wished, he has a beautiful one now.  :wub:

[ I don't know how to embed T_T, please help me on this]  [fixed, it's automatically embeded, yay!]

Edited by untilyou
  • Like 1

hehe that interview never gets old. Like I always say, tell me what he's describing doesn't scream "Amy". Although the diagnostic thing they did with her rather than him. That was actually from the end of S2, not S3, so even longer before they introduced her! 

hehe that interview never gets old. Like I always say, tell me what he's describing doesn't scream "Amy". Although the diagnostic thing they did with her rather than him. That was actually from the end of S2, not S3, so even longer before they introduced her! 

Wow, the fact that it was from the end Season 2 just makes it more awesome!!!  :icon_mrgreen: Thank you koops!

Yep, it totally sounds Amy!!!  

When he first talked about the good chemistry between Sheldon/Penny and Jim/Kaley, I just talked to myself like: "You would get another one later sweetie, which is even greater." [Penny's fan, please don't mind. ^^] 

Edited by untilyou

Thank for that interview, It's true that it never gets old... and it's so Amy.. it looks like Jim wants that a romantic side  of Sheldon were discovered, to take him out of his safe place, and then Amy came up and hits Sheldon with the frying pan :icon_lol: ... of  brilliance of her mind,  and at the beggining with her being Sheldon female wersion, and with her charm :icon_redface: .

• Like 1

I just watched The Isolation Permutation and I have some thoughts, about this.

First think that came to my mind was about that scene at the beginning when after Sheldon's unpleasent remarks directed to Penny, Amy leaves with girls to Penny's and when she is about to go he asks with surprise and disappointment in voice: you leaving to? Just like he doesn't wanted to be apart from her, like he wanted to be with her all the time. And after she left this text:
New topic: women. Delightfully mysterious or bat-crap crazy...
he is angry and disappointed that she left but he can't say it out loud: why she left, I want to be with her, it makes me happy when she's near me.

Second, that scene in cal-tech cafeteria this Sheldon's joke about mad cow disease and how he was happy when she noticed that, and that eye-coitus between them was so sweet( I love when they do it, and I want it more!)
and what she said, that it's hard to joke about things like that, and somehow he did it, it makes him happy. How they smile at each other in that moment, how they look to one another. They are in cafeteria but this is so intimate moment for them, just as they were alone there.

And third, when he tries to contact with her and there is no respond, he worries about her and it's obvious that it's serious for him, and when he came to her and hear that she cry, I think that it scares him a little, does he has enough strength and skill to help her, but he didn't walks away. His worries about her were strongest than fears, and in that moment when he tries to find out what was all about, he is there for her, it shows how strong his feelings are. After her proposals despite the fact that sexual intercourse and kissing is not an option, not that that he wouldn't want it, he's not ready yet, he finds a way to comfort her, hugging her.
It is difficult for him because of the problems with germs, etc. but it's so beautiful how he helped her how he tried to do everything to make her feel better.

And the culmination of it all is a scene in the cafeteria where he comes to guys and make a scene, and for me it's not about his lego fan time, or solving the space time geometry and higher spin gravity( I hope I wrote it correct). It's about that he's angry on them, because of their women, his Amy was sad and shattered, and it worried him and pulled him out of the daily routine.
I think that was so important because as more he will be exposed on out of the security framework, the more he will be able to face his problems, and he will better understand what he feels.

And the scene on the parking lot was so difficult for him because so many feelings came to the fore, and this what he said: Yes we cuddle, grow up Leonard, evidenced about how seriously it was for him, and as if hugging someone so important to him, it was something natural.
And I think that it was probably a bit too much for him, and how much he wanted to help her, and how it upset him so much, he already couldn't strike with all his feelings.
And it was hilarious that Amy's: What would it take for you to go into that liquor store, buy a bottle of hooch, take me across the street to that motel and have your way with me?
I think that we all want that Sheldon did his step to have his way with her, but not when she's drunk.
It is just my findings and thoughts on this episode.Care to way in?

Edited by silverangelD
  • Like 5

silverangeID: I think you mentioned almost everything.  :icon_biggrin:  I have nothing to add but to share. 

-As for the cafeteria scene, it is one of my favorite "eye-coitus" scenes of Shamy. Together with their smiles, they are so sweet, so so sweet. And it reminds me of the way Mayim and Jim look at each other in real life. So touching. Sheldon looks a little bit shy there. 

-As for the cuddle scene: What a coincidence, I lately watched a set of Sheldon's hugging gifs including the Xmas present and the Valentine with Penny, the gift giving with Wilton, and the consoling cuddle with Amy, with a great caption like this: Look at the below gif (the one with Amy), she doesn't need to give him any thing, she's just being upset. [And he turns into a snuggle bunny! Yay!!! ] 

[Danger! Danger!  I'm so in love with them that I am kinda going crazy now! T_T]

Edited by untilyou
  • Like 1

silverangeID: I think you mentioned almost everything.  :icon_biggrin:  I have nothing to add but to share. 

-As for the cafeteria scene, it is one of my favorite "eye-coitus" scenes of Shamy. Together with their smiles, they are so sweet, so so sweet. And it reminds my of the way Mayim and Jim look at each other in real life. So touching. Sheldon looks a little bit shy there. 

-As for the cuddle scene: What a coincidence, I lately watched a set of Sheldon's hugging gifs including the Xmas present and the Valentine with Penny, the gift giving with Wilton, and the consoling cuddle with Amy, with a great caption like this: Look at the below gif (the one with Amy), she doesn't need to give him any thing, she's just being upset. [And he turns into a snuggle bunny! Yay!!! ] 

[Danger! Danger!  I'm so in love with them that I am kinda going crazy now! T_T]

IRL? Jim is like that with everyone, he's just a really sweet man. 

Yay I can write a lunchtime essay, thanks for getting the ball rolling silverangel

Thank for that interview, It's true that it never gets old... and it's so Amy.. it looks like Jim wants that a romantic side  of Sheldon were discovered, to take him out of his safe place, and then Amy came up and hits Sheldon with the frying pan :icon_lol: ... of  brilliance of her mind,  and at the beggining with her being Sheldon female wersion, and with her charm :icon_redface: .

I think for an actor it's always fun to explore new sides of the character. I think it must get quite boring to play the same things over and over again for years. So it's not surprising to me that he was already thinking about how Sheldon being in love would play out. 

I just watched The Isolation Permutation and I have some thoughts, about this.

First think that came to my mind was about that scene at the beginning when after Sheldon's unpleasent remarks directed to Penny, Amy leaves with girls to Penny's and when she is about to go he asks with surprise and disappointment in voice: you leaving to? Just like he doesn't wanted to be apart from her, like he wanted to be with her all the time. And after she left this text:
New topic: women. Delightfully mysterious or bat-crap crazy...
he is angry and disappointed that she left but he can't say it out loud: why she left, I want to be with her, it makes me happy when she's near me.

Second, that scene in cal-tech cafeteria this Sheldon's joke about mad cow disease and how he was happy when she noticed that, and that eye-coitus between them was so sweet( I love when they do it, and I want it more!)
and what she said, that it's hard to joke about thinks like that, and somehow he did it, it makes him happy. How they smile at each other in that moment, how they look to one another. They are in cafeteria but this is so intimate moment for them, just as they were alone there.

And third, when he tries to contact with her and there is no respond, he worries about her and it's obvious that it's serious for him, and when he came to her and hear that she cry, I think that it scares him a little, does he has enough strength and skill to help her, but he didn't walks away. His worries about her were strongest than fears, and in that moment when he tries to find out what was all about, he is there for her, it shows how strong his feelings are. After her proposals despite the fact that sexual intercourse and kissing is not an option, not that that he wouldn't want it, he's not ready yet, he finds a way to comfort her, hugging her.
It is difficult for him because of the problems with germs, etc. but it's so beautiful how he helped her how he tried to do everything to make her feel better.

And the culmination of it all is a scene in the cafeteria where he comes to guys and make a scene, and for me it's not about his lego fan time, or solving the space time geometry and higher spin gravity( I hope I wrote it good). It's about that he's angry on them, because of their women, his Amy was sad and shattered, and it worried him and pulled him out of the daily routine.
I think that was so important because as more he will be exposed on out of the security framework, the more he will be able to face his problems, and he will better understand what he feels.

And the scene on the parking lot was so difficult for him because so many feelings came to the fore, and this what he said: Yes we cuddle, grow up Leonard, evidenced about how seriously it was for him, and as if hugging someone so important to him, it was something natural.
And I think that it was probably a bit too much for him, and how much he wanted to help her, and how it upset him so much, he already couldn't strike with all his feelings.
And it was hilarious that Amy's: What would it take for you to go into that liquor store, buy a bottle of hooch, take me across the street to that motel and have your way with me?
I think that we all want that Sheldon did his step to have his way with her, but not when she's drunk.
It is just my findings and thoughts on this episode. Can you add anything apart?

That episode has so much gold from beginning to end. I don't even know where to start, so I'll follow your breakdown.

1) He is totally irritated that she is leaving. His outburst isn't about "women", it's totally about Amy. He wants her to prioritize his company and is both irritated that she won't and that her girlfriends have sucked her into the girly stuff that they can't share together.

2) I agree I miss those flirty moments. I hope we get some more of those once Sheldon gets over his "concealment" phase that he is going through right now. I love to see him smitten over her and right now he's only smitten when he talks about her to others.

3) When have we ever seen Sheldon that worried about someone? The whole beginning of S5 was a big flashing sign that they were going to be official soon, starting from the karate-chop on Leonard and ending it on this episode. The part I love the most about the cuddle scene isn't actually the cuddle itself but how adorable he is in trying so hard to find something to say and help her feel better even though, Sheldon being Sheldon, he has no clue what one would do in that situation, so he comes up with all sorts of weird comments ("Did you fail to offer them a beverage?", the bobcat story, etc). I love how excited he gets when he guesses her emotional state correctly. lol.

4) I love it that he didn't get angry at Amy for changing his evening's plans but he took it out on his friends for not keeping their women in line, even when Penny and Leonard weren't even dating at the time! LOL. It's like she can do no wrong really. And there's also probably some truth to the fact that he was angry at the girls for hurting Amy but he always has to cover it up with a logical reason (the plans for his evening being ruined), just like he did recently about her moving in (he doesn't want to hurt her feelings but he pretends it's only about not being able to find a logical reason to say no).

5) I love that he actually thought about it for a moment. haha. He looks at her, then at the motel, then he begs to go. Mayim does such a great job at playing Amy drunk though, we need more of that. 

And that's that for my lunchbreak essay! :p 

• Like 6

Yay I can write a lunchtime essay, thanks for getting the ball rolling silverangel

I think for an actor it's always fun to explore new sides of the character. I think it must get quite boring to play the same things over and over again for years. So it's not surprising to me that he was already thinking about how Sheldon being in love would play out. 

That episode has so much gold from beginning to end. I don't even know where to start, so I'll follow your breakdown.

1) He is totally irritated that she is leaving. His outburst isn't about "women", it's totally about Amy. He wants her to prioritize his company and is both irritated that she won't and that her girlfriends have sucked her into the girly stuff that they can't share together.

2) I agree I miss those flirty moments. I hope we get some more of those once Sheldon gets over his "concealment" phase that he is going through right now. I love to see him smitten over her and right now he's only smitten when he talks about her to others.

3) When have we ever seen Sheldon that worried about someone? The whole beginning of S5 was a big flashing sign that they were going to be official soon, starting from the karate-chop on Leonard and ending it on this episode. The part I love the most about the cuddle scene isn't actually the cuddle itself but how adorable he is in trying so hard to find something to say and help her feel better even though, Sheldon being Sheldon, he has no clue what one would do in that situation, so he comes up with all sorts of weird comments ("Did you fail to offer them a beverage?", the bobcat story, etc). I love how excited he gets when he guesses her emotional state correctly. lol.

4) I love it that he didn't get angry at Amy for changing his evening's plans but he took it out on his friends for not keeping their women in line, even when Penny and Leonard weren't even dating at the time! LOL. It's like she can do no wrong really. And there's also probably some truth to the fact that he was angry at the girls for hurting Amy but he always has to cover it up with a logical reason (the plans for his evening being ruined), just like he did recently about her moving in (he doesn't want to hurt her feelings but he pretends it's only about not being able to find a logical reason to say no).

5) I love that he actually thought about it for a moment. haha. He looks at her, then at the motel, then he begs to go. Mayim does such a great job at playing Amy drunk though, we need more of that. 

Thanks for add. I had some little time and I thought that maybe we can discuss about this beautiful episode. You're right  that episode is full of Shamy feelings, and so sweet. One of my favorites.

And Mayim and Jim are brilliant actors and in that  Amy drunk scene and Sheldon drunk scene in fun with flags with Weaton they were really convincing.

Yes we need more scenes like that because the more scenes like this one will be, the more often he will be placed against the wall, and he will have to deal with what he feels, the more he will not be able to resist. And we will get our sweet, lovely and hot Shamy time. :icon_redface:

Yep, he is a candy. :D But the way he looks at Majim is more intimate and a little bit flirty. 

He's the sweetest candy, and sexy candy :icon_redface: . I agree that it's flirty from both sides. I love how they talk about each other in separated interviews. It's really special friendship. That's why I love them and I really envy Mayim. :icon_redface:

Edited by silverangelD
  • Like 2

You guys are giving me the warm fuzzies about that episode, which is possibly the best Shamy episode ever.  It's at least in the top 3.

• Like 2

I found it on tumblr. It's so beautiful and tells more about last episode. It's worth to read if someone is intersting and likes fanfic. Link will take you to my side on tumblr and there you can find this story.

http://silverangeld.tumblr.com

SNOW WHITE EFFECT by Lost inThesun

All Snow White needs is one little kiss to wake up. Too bad her Prince

Charming is Sheldon Cooper, who’s so proud and stubborn he won’t admit

he kind of wants to kiss her awake.

Edited by silverangelD

Yes, I read that before! I wonder whether they did it on purpose, since Amy was originally meant to be named Victoria. I'm so happy they went with Amy (no offense to any Victorias on here, but the name doesn't suit her at all).

bill prady said thats a lie :D

argh i cant look at that at work, will have to wait till i get home

rachygd I don't know if you are talking about my post with link, but I must tell you that stardust wrote next 60 and 61 chapter of her fanfic The Engaging Driver. :icon_cheesygrin:   And, those chapters are so beautiful, I was really moved,  and so.... mmmm hot. I love them :wub: :wub:

• Like 2

rachygd I don't know if you are talking about my post with link, but I must tell you that stardust wrote next 60 and 61 chapter of her fanfic The Engaging Driver. :icon_cheesygrin:   And, those chapters are so beautiful, I was really moved,  and so.... mmmm hot. I love them :wub: :wub:

Oh gosh...you make me blush.   I am glad you enjoyed the chapters.   I hope to have more up this weekend.

• Like 1

I agree there is so much to love about that episode.

I recently rewatched it and I also had that thought about his reaction to her leaving with the girls.  "You're leaving?"

And I love that Amy said that he forgets that she is "a lady"--and not just a carbon copy of himself, or just an intellect, but that she is indeed female.

So, does he really think women are "bat-crap crazy"?  Obviously not, but it's funny that the offers the two alternative explanations for such puzzling behavior--"Delightfully mysterious or bat-crap crazy".

But, yeah, it's mostly that she's leaving to go do girly things rather than staying A) with him and B ) joining in the supposedly enlightened scientific conversation he was hoping to have.

And, yes, I love that he's admittedly distracted at not being able to get in touch with Amy, and he's ready to admit he's worried when Leonard suggests going over to check on her.

And then in the hallway, where he balks at hearing her weepy voice, but then "steps up" as Leonard admonishes him to do.

I love that moment at her door when she first answers and says that the reason she hadn't responded to his outreach is that she wanted to be alone.

He hesitates in her doorway--he could have used her comment as an excuse to say, "Okay, then I'll leave you alone", and maybe he contemplates that response in that moment of hesitation, but then he steps into her apartment and asks if she'd like to talk about it, which is a BIG step for Sheldon because he NEVER wants to talk about how anyone feels.  Whenever any of the guys is down in the dumps he will often just come right out and say he's not interested or he'll try to find something else to talk about, and so forth.

But here, although he does tell her that "no is a perfectly viable response", he still offers to let her tell him about it.

I love the way he shuts up immediately from his bobcat story when she kind of brings him back on point.

And then the consolation negotiation is hilarious--the way he's squirming and trying to figure out some alternative to offer her.  I love his "hoo-boy", when he realizes what it is he's gotten himself into. :p

Their oh-so-awkward way of trying to figure out the logistics of the cuddle--who's arm goes where, how do they sit, the way he kind of leans back, but doesn't really want to scoot his butt back into the couch.  If you watch that scene in slo-mo, it's really hilarious.

The rant in the cafeteria has "he doth protest too much" written all over it, but the best thing is that he's talking about how Penny and Bernadette hurt Amy's feelings and that they need to "apologize to Amy and set things right"--though he may have been supposedly talking about how Amy's hurt feelings were interefering with his life, it was really that Amy was hurt and he was mad at Penny and Bernie for that.

And I love that Amy called Sheldon when she was drunk in the parking lot and propositioned him.  Clearly she was ready for their relationship to move forward, and I guess he finally wasn't all that far behind her, all his protestations to the contrary notwithstanding.  He wanted to be cool with his "Yes, we cuddled. Grow up, Leonard.", but he was also kind of embarrassed at the idea of Amy and Leonard kind of calling him on his feelings for Amy at that point.  "Yeah, what would it take?" :)

Anyway, I think I'm rambling, but I do love this episode so much! :)

• Like 6