The Shamy Thread! (Season 6 Edition-Spoilers)

Is the taping that no-one is attending today or next week?

I believe it's next week--the 19th.

I do know that they'll be doing Paleyfest tomorrow night, though--'cause I'm going to see it in my local theater! :D

On the Fathom Events site it says that they'll be showing a sneak peak of an upcoming episode, which I assume is going to be the Closet Reorganization, since that's airing on the 14th and they haven't yet taped anything more.  I hope they show a little more than the run-of-the-mill CBS promo, but I can't imagine they'd show much more than that.

• Replies 11.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The Love Spell Potential Pictures (Just ones with Shamy in them)  

Before we bid adieu to this thread, I think we should take a moment to just gaze at how big this thread is. There are more posts in this thread than there are in Seasons 1-5 boards combined. This thre

I am dying here. What I would not give for a bone saw so I could cut your skulls open and get a good gander at how your brains work!   Only in Shamy shipper land could "Leonard gets a job offer over

Posted Images

I'm loving all the dissection of some of my favorite Shamy moments in Isolation Permutation. :) Had a bit of a stressful time today (parent's health scare), so won't try to comment in detail, but it's just so comforting to check in at my happy place at night.

I'm loving all the dissection of some of my favorite Shamy moments in Isolation Permutation. :) Had a bit of a stressful time today (parent's health scare), so won't try to comment in detail, but it's just so comforting to check in at my happy place at night.

This little dissection of the episode reminds me of something we used to do at The Haven with XF episodes.  It was called Theater of the Mind.  We had a couple of wonderful Philes who would take an episode and go through it scene by scene, kind of describing it, and kind of commenting on what's happening, and also highlight some of the most interesting moments, and sometimes bringing in BTS information about either the writing, the actors, etc.

I think it started with someone doing it as a way of letting the rest of us kind of re-live the episode in our minds (hence the name) as she recounted it, sort of the way you might tell a friend about an episode.

The BTS stuff took some research, back in the day, but there were no taping reports for that show, usually.

Maybe that would be a good way to spend the summer months...Hmm...

• Like 3

I am loving all of these breakdowns by Silverangel, Koops and Phatagrae on the Isolation Permutation.   It is such a lovely episode.  I can't even add more because you all covered every bit of my favorite parts of the show.

Phanta, I think they could show the Tenure Turbulence since they have taped it as well.  

• Like 1

I am loving all of these breakdowns by Silverangel, Koops and Phatagrae on the Isolation Permutation.   It is such a lovely episode.  I can't even add more because you all covered every bit of my favorite parts of the show.

Phanta, I think they could show the Tenure Turbulence since they have taped it as well.  

Oh, I forgot they'd arleady taped that one--where the guy died, etc.

OOHH!!  Well, maybe we'll get to see a bit of that one!  Oh, now I'm even more excited!

Sorry to hear that Pomita. I don't know what you mean  by saying parent's health care and it's not that I'm nosy, but my son is sick, so parent's health care is what I do during the day, so this is a stressful day for me to. This is my happy place, and I'm here  to forget my worries, thanks God we have Shamy :wub:  . Whatever had happened to you I wish you that your problems and worries are going to end up soon. :)

Edited by silverangelD
  • Like 1

I love that moment at her door when she first answers and says that the reason she hadn't responded to his outreach is that she wanted to be alone.

He hesitates in her doorway--he could have used her comment as an excuse to say, "Okay, then I'll leave you alone", and maybe he contemplates that response in that moment of hesitation, but then he steps into her apartment and asks if she'd like to talk about it, which is a BIG step for Sheldon because he NEVER wants to talk about how anyone feels.  Whenever any of the guys is down in the dumps he will often just come right out and say he's not interested or he'll try to find something else to talk about, and so forth.

But here, although he does tell her that "no is a perfectly viable response", he still offers to let her tell him about it.

I love the way he shuts up immediately from his bobcat story when she kind of brings him back on point.

Yes! That's what really stands out, the way he really offers to listen even if he doesn't want to. It might be the most selfless thing Sheldon has ever done at this point in the show.

And then the consolation negotiation is hilarious--the way he's squirming and trying to figure out some alternative to offer her.  I love his "hoo-boy", when he realizes what it is he's gotten himself into.  :p

Their oh-so-awkward way of trying to figure out the logistics of the cuddle--who's arm goes where, how do they sit, the way he kind of leans back, but doesn't really want to scoot his butt back into the couch.  If you watch that scene in slo-mo, it's really hilarious.

I really don't know how Jim and Mayim kept a straight face at that, especially since the audience is laughing as they do it. I mean, I know how they kept a straight face: they are professionals! lol. But you know what I mean. It's such great body acting. 

• Like 1

This little dissection of the episode reminds me of something we used to do at The Haven with XF episodes.  It was called Theater of the Mind.  We had a couple of wonderful Philes who would take an episode and go through it scene by scene, kind of describing it, and kind of commenting on what's happening, and also highlight some of the most interesting moments, and sometimes bringing in BTS information about either the writing, the actors, etc.

I think it started with someone doing it as a way of letting the rest of us kind of re-live the episode in our minds (hence the name) as she recounted it, sort of the way you might tell a friend about an episode.

The BTS stuff took some research, back in the day, but there were no taping reports for that show, usually.

Maybe that would be a good way to spend the summer months...Hmm...

It could be great idea,  but we can do it sooner when there will be 3 weeks between taping, And I like our analysis and study them scene by scene, describing and sharing all emotions and feelings with others, I love it. :icon_redface::icon_razz:

Edited by silverangelD

Sorry to hear that Pomita. I don't know what you mean  by saying parent's health care and it's not that I'm nosy, but my son is sick, so parent's health care is what I do during the day, so this is a stressful day for me to. This is my happy place, and I'm here  to forget my worries, thanks God we have Shamy :wub:  . Whatever had happened to you I wish you that your problems and worries are going to end up soon. :)

Thanks Silver. By parent's health scare, I meant that my father is unwell and had a worsening today. I hope your son gets well soon.

Their oh-so-awkward way of trying to figure out the logistics of the cuddle--who's arm goes where, how do they sit, the way he kind of leans back, but doesn't really want to scoot his butt back into the couch.  If you watch that scene in slo-mo, it's really hilarious.

I've lost count of how many times I've rewatched that - sometimes for the warm feels, sometimes just to laugh helplessly, and both aims are amazingly fulfilled by the same scene. The utter awkwardness and discrete body movements, the 'what on earth is going on' confusion on Sheldon's face, the tenderness and odd sense of comfort with which he finally settles down with his arms around her. I remember thinking that Mayim and Jim should have won awards for that piece of acting alone - they really are comedic geniuses.

• Like 1

I think what we keep forgetting given her propensity for physical contact now, is that Amy is just as clumsy and inexperienced when it comes to that as he is. That's why the cuddle was hilarious on her part too: trying to figure out where to put her arms, then just slamming him down on the couch, then she decides the legs have to go up on the couch, and only then she settles. The legs bit always cracks me up.

• Like 3

silverangeID: I think you mentioned almost everything.  :icon_biggrin:  I have nothing to add but to share. 

-As for the cafeteria scene, it is one of my favorite "eye-coitus" scenes of Shamy. Together with their smiles, they are so sweet, so so sweet. And it reminds me of the way Mayim and Jim look at each other in real life. So touching. Sheldon looks a little bit shy there. 

-As for the cuddle scene: What a coincidence, I lately watched a set of Sheldon's hugging gifs including the Xmas present and the Valentine with Penny, the gift giving with Wilton, and the consoling cuddle with Amy, with a great caption like this: Look at the below gif (the one with Amy), she doesn't need to give him any thing, she's just being upset. [And he turns into a snuggle bunny! Yay!!! ] 

[Danger! Danger!  I'm so in love with them that I am kinda going crazy now! T_T]

It somehow makes me sad, that now we have a scene where Sheldon is actually hugging Penny in Valentines day episode and in a Christmas episode, but we don't have one where he would be hugging Amy. I know everything we have been discussing earlier about Sheldon's problems with physical contact with Amy, but, it still feels just inconsistent, his ability to hug Penny and Will Wheaton "so easy", but it seems so hard for him to hug Amy (latest V-day episode). At least we saw him cuddle her twice in season 5. Instead season 6 we haven't seen a hug between them, in my opinion, because both times we have seen a hug it's been Amy cuddling Sheldon and Sheldon not hugging Amy back. That just is either inconsistency or writers conscious decision to keep it now that way, I'm not sure what to think. It has to became now more easy for Sheldon to touch and hug Amy or it will be kind of awkward and inconsistent for them to get closer if they suddenly started doing more intimate things. Sorry if I sound negative (I don't mean to) but this is just how I feel about now about their hugging, especially Sheldon's part. As Spook wrote on some post, it's not nice if there is long time of no physical contact between them and then they suddenly jump to sex, I hope it's not going to be like that. It would be nice if it would be a smooth path for them, growing amount of physical contact little by little between them, hand holding, hugs, kisses, touching, more touching, words and in-character love confessions, more romance confessions and romantic (but still in-character, no matter how quirky and awkward) gestures, etc., and which some happy day would lead to sex between them, I think that would be beautiful.

• Like 3

Thanks Silver. By parent's health scare, I meant that my father is unwell and had a worsening today. I hope your son gets well soon.

I've lost count of how many times I've rewatched that - sometimes for the warm feels, sometimes just to laugh helplessly, and both aims are amazingly fulfilled by the same scene. The utter awkwardness and discrete body movements, the 'what on earth is going on' confusion on Sheldon's face, the tenderness and odd sense of comfort with which he finally settles down with his arms around her. I remember thinking that Mayim and Jim should have won awards for that piece of acting alone - they really are comedic geniuses.

Thank you Pomita :)

As to the cuddle scene. I love Sheldon's face when she says to him second base is right there, It's so sweet because she want's him to score that second base, and he pretended that he didn't know what she's talking about, but he knew exactly what is she talking about.  I wonder is that germ problem, or ...maybe ....he like it to much. Or maybe all, the germ problem, that he is unexperienced problem, and....oh God Amy... what the hell are you doing with me... and why I like it so much -problem :icon_cheesygrin:

OMG the new promo! They've changed Amy's line about his quirks. It's even better now!

She basically just said she loves him!  I'm in public and had to listen quietly so I could barely hear it but didn't she say, "His quirks just make you love him more!"?

Edited by tmp

i know !!! twice she has used the L word regarding him this season eeek

THANKS KOOPS FOR IT. 

Yeah does she said: his quirks makes you LOVE him more :icon_eek::icon_redface: ... o wow it's a big thing, and her face is so happy when she said it. :icon_redface:  

O God how I love them so much... :wub:

When she said it first time? I can't remember...

And koops how they changed it? What was her first line...before they changed it

Edited by silverangelD

It somehow makes me sad, that now we have a scene where Sheldon is actually hugging Penny in Valentines day episode and in a Christmas episode, but we don't have one where he would be hugging Amy. I know everything we have been discussing earlier about Sheldon's problems with physical contact with Amy, but, it still feels just inconsistent, his ability to hug Penny and Will Wheaton "so easy", but it seems so hard for him to hug Amy (latest V-day episode). At least we saw him cuddle her twice in season 5. Instead season 6 we haven't seen a hug between them, in my opinion, because both times we have seen a hug it's been Amy cuddling Sheldon and Sheldon not hugging Amy back. That just is either inconsistency or writers conscious decision to keep it now that way, I'm not sure what to think. It has to became now more easy for Sheldon to touch and hug Amy or it will be kind of awkward and inconsistent for them to get closer if they suddenly started doing more intimate things. Sorry if I sound negative (I don't mean to) but this is just how I feel about now about their hugging, especially Sheldon's part. As Spook wrote on some post, it's not nice if there is long time of no physical contact between them and then they suddenly jump to sex, I hope it's not going to be like that. It would be nice if it would be a smooth path for them, growing amount of physical contact little by little between them, hand holding, hugs, kisses, touching, more touching, words and in-character love confessions, more romance confessions and romantic (but still in-character, no matter how quirky and awkward) gestures, etc., and which some happy day would lead to sex between them, I think that would be beautiful.

I think you have to look at the circumstances of each of those hugs--in many ways those were "safe" emotional expressions, where he was overwhelmed by gratitude, not romantic/physical attraction.

Penny/Christmas episode--she gives him the Nimoy napkin

Penny/V-Day episode--she agrees to let him go to Switzerland

Wheaton/Party episode--Wil gives him the signed mint-in-package action figure he'd missed out on as a child

With Amy, any hug he would give her would ultimately be an expression of love or affection, a very different expression than those for which he has offered hugs.

I don't think the writers are going to go from zero to sex with the Shamy.  I think they really are being very selective about when and what Sheldon is going to express toward Amy.  Plus there are going to be episodes where there just isn't a reason for them to do such things.

• Like 2